Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 19, 2011 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
Yo!

Any news if there will ever be a 2nd season (animated)? I really love this series and want it all animated.

Apr 27, 2011 7:36 AM

Apr 2011
I haven't heard of any second series and, trust me, I've searched everywhere. I've never read the whole manga series, but a lot happens in it that doesn't in the anime. I really wish that both the anime and the manga had a different ending.
Teehee. I didn't bother putting a signature here.... so get over it >.<
May 9, 2011 7:46 PM

Jan 2011
Haven't heard anything, but my dreams would come true if that happened.

Mio+Seraphim+Mion=Heaven
May 9, 2011 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
I've heard of one source from the Anime News Network's Director of New Media, Justin Sevakis a while ago in the ANN forums the reason why there won't likely be a second season of Fruits Basket:

Justin Sevakis said:
It's long enough ago now that I can say this: The reason there will never be any more Fruits Basket anime is because Akitaroh Daichi and Natsuki Takaya drove each other crazy. Daichi hates the things she insisted on (the voice cast, for example... he hates established seiyuu and never uses them for main roles if he has a choice), and she doesn't like the anime and has a lot of nit-picks (like, she never told them that Kyo's bracelet is supposed to be white and red, not white and black) but probably more accurately just hates Daichi's trademark spastic comedic streak that's so prominent in the show. It's my understanding that neither one remembers the experience fondly, and so I doubt either one is up to trying again years later.

So yeah, no more Fruits Basket anime. But hey, with the economy, who knows. People get desperate.
May 9, 2011 8:04 PM

Oct 2008
they should just do a remake. Remakes are the hype nowadays, no? lol
May 9, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2009
Hypeathon said:
I've heard of one source from the Anime News Network's Director of New Media, Justin Sevakis a while ago in the ANN forums the reason why there won't likely be a second season of Fruits Basket:

Justin Sevakis said:
It's long enough ago now that I can say this: The reason there will never be any more Fruits Basket anime is because Akitaroh Daichi and Natsuki Takaya drove each other crazy. Daichi hates the things she insisted on (the voice cast, for example... he hates established seiyuu and never uses them for main roles if he has a choice), and she doesn't like the anime and has a lot of nit-picks (like, she never told them that Kyo's bracelet is supposed to be white and red, not white and black) but probably more accurately just hates Daichi's trademark spastic comedic streak that's so prominent in the show. It's my understanding that neither one remembers the experience fondly, and so I doubt either one is up to trying again years later.

So yeah, no more Fruits Basket anime. But hey, with the economy, who knows. People get desperate.

That's fine and all but...why not just have a different director?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 10, 2011 7:01 PM

Oct 2008
@ insan3soldiern:

Hey, I'm not at all the go-to person to ask about that sort of thing. All I did was copy and paste from someone who seemed to kn w exactly what he's talking about (part of his job involves consulting with a lot of Japanese representatives in the anime industry after all). You're better off singing up on Anime News Network for yourself if you don't already have an account and private messaging Justin Sevakis yourself for an answer.
May 10, 2011 7:07 PM

Jun 2009
@ Hypeathon

That's cool man, I just thought that was the logical way for it to go and thought that maybe what you copied and pasted was just a little bit of a bigger message or something. Oh well, it's not that big a deal.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 1, 2015 1:19 PM

Mar 2014
They should have gone further into the manga...it gets so good and you didn't even get to meet the rest of the zodiac.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 25 Discussion

Alicia3000 - May 7, 2009

45 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 20, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 6 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 15, 2008

34 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 9, 9:12 AM

» Is there any reason to start with this version rather than the remake?

herofelix77 - Jun 20, 2021

20 by wildhood »»
Mar 7, 6:54 PM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 20 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Dec 25, 2008

26 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 29, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket Episode 12 Discussion

Zerosbakainu - Sep 22, 2008

25 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Feb 25, 6:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.