Forum Settings
Forums

I prefer harsh reality in my Slice of Life.

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2011 9:48 PM

Dec 2009
Huzzah said:
tl;dr- stop being an asshat.

I thought he was being quite nice. Doesn't matter what he said, he added a <3 at the end. Cancels out. Cancels out!
Your favorite anime is shit.
Apr 17, 2011 10:38 PM

Jun 2009
So, back on topic, is Hanasaku Iroha any good? I hear that the main character is a slut.
Apr 17, 2011 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
DrHouse said:
So, back on topic, is Hanasaku Iroha any good? I hear that the main character is a slut.

A lot of people like it, personally find the drama pretty shitty and over done. characters are kinda annoying as well. setting isnt anything special either.
Apr 17, 2011 10:45 PM

Oct 2010
DrHouse said:
I hear that the main character is a slut.

how so?
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Apr 17, 2011 10:53 PM

Dec 2009
DrHouse said:

Please don't start that shit here.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Apr 17, 2011 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
fantastic said:
DrHouse said:

Please don't start that shit here.

Seeing you mad turns me on.
Apr 18, 2011 2:38 AM

Nov 2008
Leap250 said:
DrHouse said:
I hear that the main character is a slut.

how so?
I don't really know, but she does seem an awful lot like Nana Komatsu, who IS a slut. Her mother is also implied to be either a prostitute or just someone who sleeps around a lot.

We will see where that anime goes. The first episode was good, so I'm watching the rest of the series legally on Crunchyroll to show support towards good anime, meaning that I'm an episode behind at the moment.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Apr 18, 2011 4:11 AM

Jan 2008
lisnoire said:
It really was more "esque" than reality after all. Hey, OP. Why did you drop School Days?

Because the cast of characters make me want to tear my hair out. I was fine with the main character because... he's a manwhore and we hardly have any of them about. But the female cast is just... bland and I just want to scream out "HE'S SCREWING YOU."

In the end I dropped it because I cannot stand female stupidity. There's enough females I want to slap about in real life for their stupidity. I don't want to spend half of the season watching that as well as shockingly bad character development. And as I just realised, it's only the ending that has shock value.

PS: That is not harsh reality. School Day only did that for the sake of it. In my harsh SoL, I want to care about the characters. If the character turns out to annoy me more than make me care for them, then I would either watch to see them suffer or I'll just watch another anime.

A lot of anime are shit these days and I rather spend my time replaying Fallout rather than watching another School Days.
SolitaryYatesApr 18, 2011 4:14 AM
Apr 18, 2011 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
FOE-tan said:
The first episode was good, so I'm watching the rest of the series legally on Crunchyroll to show support towards good anime, meaning that I'm an episode behind at the moment.
I got caught up to ep. 3. I like it. I don't think that it has much of a chance to beat K-ON-with-old-men as my favorite anime of this season, but it should have at least a good chance of being better than DW. I do think that Ammish was a bit premature to say that Iroha has "harsh realism." I'm not so sure that the characters or the drama are all that realistic, and the third episode suggests that things will get even more idealized.

As for Ohana, she's definitely a bit of a slut, but I still like her.
Apr 18, 2011 5:06 AM
May 2009
Apr 18, 2011 11:20 AM

Feb 2005
FOE-tan said:
I don't really know, but she does seem an awful lot like Nana Komatsu, who IS a slut. Her mother is also implied to be either a prostitute or just someone who sleeps around a lot.
Wait, what? She made a point of taking responsibility and trying her best to work and fit in. Which is pretty much the opposite of Nana.

But slut, what? did someone change the definition of the word while I wasn't looking?
Apr 18, 2011 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
Baman said:
FOE-tan said:
Wait, what? She made a point of taking responsibility and trying her best to work and fit in. Which is pretty much the opposite of Nana.

But slut, what? did someone change the definition of the word while I wasn't looking?

Apparently so..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2011 12:17 PM

Feb 2008
Apparently any behavior that isn't asexual or implies promiscuity is slutty

Apr 18, 2011 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
DrHouse said:

She's not a slut. Having a fetish=/=slut she's just a little pervy and enjoys being bound and gagged, most people have a fetish so it would mean everyone i a slut which makes no sense, having arousal is a natural thing.

Apr 18, 2011 12:26 PM

Sep 2009
Welcome to the NHK!
That is all.
Apr 18, 2011 1:11 PM

Jun 2009
Hoppy said:
DrHouse said:
She's not a slut. Having a fetish=/=slut she's just a little pervy and enjoys being bound and gagged, most people have a fetish so it would mean everyone i a slut which makes no sense, having arousal is a natural thing.
I don't think that there's anything unnatural about being a slut.
Apr 18, 2011 1:23 PM

Jan 2011
DrHouse said:

When has she ever done anything even remotely slutty?
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 18, 2011 1:27 PM

Jun 2009
Why the hell are you people discussing one particular show in a broad topic like this? Plus you are indirectly spoiling it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2011 2:11 PM

Jan 2011
insan3soldiern said:
Why the hell are you people discussing one particular show in a broad topic like this? Plus you are indirectly spoiling it.

Förlåt :<
> The Fellow MAL Users Social Link has reached level 6!
> Your power to create Forum Posts of the Anime Arcana has grown!
Apr 18, 2011 2:28 PM

Feb 2011
You want me to recommend you some anime so you can feel sad? You're upset because a slice of life anime wasn't depressing and real?

You've got to be kidding me. (and Hanasaku Iroha is a huge slut)
JohomebodyApr 18, 2011 2:36 PM
Apr 18, 2011 2:44 PM

Jun 2009
Vinter said:
insan3soldiern said:

Förlåt :<

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that. But, I am sure you are either agreeing with me or telling me to stfu.

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 18, 2011 3:27 PM

Jun 2009
insan3soldiern said:
Well, what would you like to discuss, insan3soldiern? I just started Iroha and would like to debate whether or not the main heroine's sexual proclivities are realistically those of a slut. If that's not appealing to you and you have something else that you want talk about, then go ahead and post it.
Apr 18, 2011 7:24 PM
Jun 2010
DrHouse said:
insan3soldiern said:
Well, what would you like to discuss, insan3soldiern? I just started Iroha and would like to debate whether or not the main heroine's sexual proclivities are realistically those of a slut. If that's not appealing to you and you have something else that you want talk about, then go ahead and post it.

Then discuss it in sub forum dedicated to the anime instead of bumping this trash. /thread
Apr 19, 2011 1:16 PM

Aug 2007
For people who said Clannad:
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

50 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Has anime made you erotophobic?

LenRea - 1 hour ago

9 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 47 minutes ago

2 by billybub »»
9 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

63 by WatchTillTandava »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 9 hours ago

21 by DarkShame2 »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.