Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (115) « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2012 4:34 PM

Oct 2009
Hello! *wave*
Been looking for a slightly more mature anime community (by that you can be as immature as you like because I'm going by the main MAL forum standards here) so thought I'd stop by when I noticed a friend was a member.

I'm 24, live in South Wales (English though) and I'm actually a very casual anime fan but I like to discuss and pick up recommendations and whatnot from folk whose opinions I respect.

I'm also a big reader and keep a book blog. I watch Western TV as well and game on occasion.
Dec 11, 2012 10:30 PM

May 2010
Welcome everyone!
Dec 12, 2012 7:44 AM

Apr 2011
Welcome, Jaedia. Nice profile pic. Code Geass was great.
Dec 12, 2012 9:22 AM

Jan 2010
Hey Jaedia, We're mature, and very immature at times too. In a playful way though! I'm glad you joined out club, have fun!! ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Dec 12, 2012 9:33 AM
Nov 2012
Hi all ( ゚▽゚)/

My name is Sarah, I'm 22 years of age (^-^*)
I have been watching anime for about... 8 years or so~ ( ´ ▽ ` ) I like it!
If you would like to know more of me, there is lots to know on my profile~
I'm also learning Japanese (ノ´∀`*)ノ よろしくおねがいします~
Dec 12, 2012 9:35 AM

Jul 2011
Hey all. I am a big fan of retro mecha anime, other favorite genres would be comedy/parody and action. I'm very into gaming as well, both playing and collecting.
Dec 12, 2012 11:44 AM

Apr 2011
Seraphineae said:
Hi all ( ゚▽゚)/

My name is Sarah, I'm 22 years of age (^-^*)
I have been watching anime for about... 8 years or so~ ( ´ ▽ ` ) I like it!
If you would like to know more of me, there is lots to know on my profile~
I'm also learning Japanese (ノ´∀`*)ノ よろしくおねがいします~

Welcome. You do realize that there's a feature where you can add up to 10 favorite characters on your profile...Cool, I'm also a big Harry Potter fan. I posted some Harry Potter Halloween images in this thread last month if you're interested:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=361275&show=900

Kellhus said:
Hey all. I am a big fan of retro mecha anime, other favorite genres would be comedy/parody and action. I'm very into gaming as well, both playing and collecting.

Also welcome. Your profile picture is awesome! What's it from?
Dec 12, 2012 4:49 PM
Nov 2012
Lotus97 said:
Welcome. You do realize that there's a feature where you can add up to 10 favorite characters on your profile...Cool, I'm also a big Harry Potter fan. I posted some Harry Potter Halloween images in this thread last month if you're interested:

Ah! Yes, I'm aware that you can add up to ten favourites, however I would like to add many more, so I created a list on my profile About Me section, rather than bother with the side listings~ (´・ω・`) Thank you for letting me know about the thread! I will look at it~ ☆
Dec 12, 2012 6:03 PM

Apr 2011
Seraphineae said:
Lotus97 said:

Ah! Yes, I'm aware that you can add up to ten favourites, however I would like to add many more, so I created a list on my profile About Me section, rather than bother with the side listings

I figured you did since you had added favorite people so I was sort of joking. I also had a hard time picking 10 so I added additional ones on my profile. I sort of got tired of adding them so my list is still missing at least 5-10 characters.
Dec 12, 2012 6:04 PM

Jul 2011
Lotus97 said:
Your profile picture is awesome! What's it from?

It is fan art of mecha from the Super Robot Taisen games.
Dec 13, 2012 12:25 AM

Jan 2012
Lotus97 said:
Seraphineae said:
Lotus97 said:

Ah! Yes, I'm aware that you can add up to ten favourites, however I would like to add many more, so I created a list on my profile About Me section, rather than bother with the side listings

I figured you did since you had added favorite people so I was sort of joking. I also had a hard time picking 10 so I added additional ones on my profile. I sort of got tired of adding them so my list is still missing at least 5-10 characters.

lol forget having a top 25 (or even a top 50). I have an entire blog entry dedicated to that with a list of my favorite characters from each series I watched (if applicable).

As for why I'd do such a thing... not sure. Maybe I just like noting down all of the technical details related to everything I watch. You know, keep things organized. I'll get a good laugh too one of these days when I look back and see just how much time I invested (or wasted) on anime. Need to start noting down some OP, ED, and insert/feature songs too..
Dec 18, 2012 8:12 AM
Dec 2012
Hi, my name is Adrian. But please call me by my handle *NightSkyBlue*. Does it bother anybody else that forums on this site post things in chronological order ascending so you have to scroll all the way to the end for recent posts? Because it annoys the hell out of me! Haha.

I'm a programmer currently working with databases...interests include fitness/health/diet, anime, games (mainly RPGs or co-op), annnnd I dunno. Friends? Haha.

Anyways, as somebody whose been stuck in the working world for a couple years I don't get as much time to watch anime as I used to. But since I don't watch American T.V. at all (well maybe a movie here and there), I probably still watch more anime than most.

I hope to find some cool people who share a passion towards anime like I do. Very few other things can draw me in and make me feel emotionally attached like a good anime can.

One of my biggest goals is to go visit Japan some day. Who knows, maybe even live there. Just gotta learn the language first! Unfortunately I only know a few hundred random words in Japanese through anime! Haha!

Oh and I like mostly all genres (with a special place in my heart for shonen). Once I update my anime list, which will probably take a couple months, you will see how eclectic I am. From the most girly, to the sappiest, to the most brutal, to the most mind twisting. I love it all.
Dec 18, 2012 9:55 AM

Jan 2012
@NightSKyBlue
Cool. We might not have the same taste in anime, but we have similar goals/interests. Nice to meet you.

NightSkyBlue said:

I'm a programmer currently working with databases...interests include fitness/health/diet, anime, games (mainly RPGs or co-op), annnnd I dunno. Friends? Haha.

Just started out with crossfit. It's quite intense. Other than that, I pretty much do things revolving around anime and friends too.

NightSkyBlue said:

Anyways, as somebody whose been stuck in the working world for a couple years I don't get as much time to watch anime as I used to. But since I don't watch American T.V. at all (well maybe a movie here and there), I probably still watch more anime than most.

I hope to find some cool people who share a passion towards anime like I do. Very few other things can draw me in and make me feel emotionally attached like a good anime can.

Same. I'm super detached from American society and entertainment nowadays, except with maybe rock/rap music.

NightSkyBlue said:

One of my biggest goals is to go visit Japan some day. Who knows, maybe even live there. Just gotta learn the language first! Unfortunately I only know a few hundred random words in Japanese through anime! Haha!

Thumbs up man! I have this goal in mind too. I'm surrounded by people who are multilingual, so I figured that I need to break this language barrier myself. Also, I'm really into anime, cars, and technology. Unlike where I'm from, Japan has all of those.

NightSkyBlue said:

Oh and I like mostly all genres (with a special place in my heart for shonen). Once I update my anime list, which will probably take a couple months, you will see how eclectic I am. From the most girly, to the sappiest, to the most brutal, to the most mind twisting. I love it all.

Nice!. It's all about having a wide range and experiencing all of the goodness anime has to offer.
Dec 18, 2012 1:23 PM
Dec 2012
Thanks for the well thought out response StyleF1re. I have to get back to work now, but I may write on your profile later.
Dec 19, 2012 5:32 PM

Oct 2011
welcome blue!! i also tend to stray from my all time favorite, shounens, sometimes. and i usually enjoy what i watch no matter what the genre may be. but at the end of the day my favorite will always be shounens >:D

Dec 20, 2012 2:25 PM

Jul 2008
Himari_Chan said:
Hey Kimi, Bruno and Cenit! Welcome to 20+

@Kimi: We have a pet section somewhere in our forums. You should post pictures of your two kittens. Kittens are so cute, but so much trouble. Our cats are now 10 and 8. I don't know what I would do if one of them died. Especially the fat cat. He follows me everywhere. His favorite spot of course if my laptop. When I go to bed, he crawls behind my pillow and sleeps there. Since he so fat, I have to put a extra pillow there so he won't steal my pillow. LOL Poor guy, he can't even clean himself anymore.

I've got my kitties on my profile now! For some reason it would let me upload them onto imageshack so those will have to do D:! I know what you mean, the cats are like my kids lol. Today I wrapped all of the presents up and they kept stealing them from under the Christmas tree! Such a cute cat! What are yours called? Love the fact you and him are watching Aria together <3
♥ DON'T LISTEN TO KYUBEY! ♥
Dec 21, 2012 8:19 AM

Apr 2010
Heya everyone!

Uh, let's see, My name is Mark, but usually I just go by Dream *shrugs*. I'm 22 and in my last semester in college for mechanical engineering.

I like playing sports and currently play volleyball. I also like video games and obviously anime. My roommate and I usually watch anime together, and have for the past seven years or so (we were roommates in high school as well.)

I used to be part of an anime community when I was younger and have missed that feeling, so here I am!
Dec 21, 2012 9:31 AM

Dec 2012
Sup ty for accepting my request. My name's David from the UK nice to meet you all..

hmmm sorry not really the best at these kinda things.. urgh I'm 24 years old, work as a free lance graphic designer, enjoy playing video games (mainly survival horror) and I've been watching anime since I was like 13 or 14. One of my friends showed me Crying Freeman and Black Jack after that got addicted to anime.
Dec 21, 2012 10:11 AM

Oct 2011
Welcome everybody :) I also play a lot of videogames, what systems do you have?

edit: post no' 666 :P
Dec 21, 2012 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
Gratz on the 666.

Uh, I have a 360 and a ps3, but i mostly just stick to playing games on my computer, nowadays. What about yourself?
Dec 21, 2012 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
welcome to the club thief and abarai!!
and lol xen you go missing forever, then come back representing lucifer.. it all makes sense now :P

Dec 21, 2012 12:30 PM

Dec 2012
Pc Gamer man, currently playing Borderlands 2 and DoW Retribution.I did have a PS3 before but I got the red light of death :C... havent really bothered with consoles again since I've built up my laptop to handle games ok
Dec 22, 2012 5:02 PM

Dec 2007
Im Kris, 23, M, single lf girlfriend... Gamer, otaku, been watching anime since i was born probably.. I play the PC games because PC is the master race. Also, android master race as well.. Apple sucks.
I own my apartment and work full time
Dec 22, 2012 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
WELCOME!! You're gonna love it here we got cake cookies and apples and peaches and other amazingly awesome stuff here so I just gotta ask. Wasn't the goodside just too boring? Well here at the darkside YOU ARE FREE from boring things!! You can post whatever you want whenever it's absolute bliss don't you agree?
Dec 22, 2012 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
Hi everyone!! I'm etherealharmony, 21 (gonna be 22 in a few months) and I'm new to the club and only a few days new to MAL! I'm super excited to meet some people my age and to learn about some mature animes. I love to play music! I play tenor saxophone, clarinet, and piano. I can't live without music, especially OSTs. I'm the kind of person that likes to have a soundtrack to their life :)
I'm currently in my fourth and final year of university undergraduate studies.
As for anime/manga, I'm a sucker for the romantic comedies but I also love action that has a distinct plot or strategy to it. There's got to be some defined emotion and character development, a fantastic soundtrack, and lots of visual appeal.
And that's a little a bit me! :D Happy Holidays everyone!
etherealharmonyDec 22, 2012 6:55 PM
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Dec 23, 2012 3:38 AM

Oct 2011
DreamThief said:
Gratz on the 666.

Uh, I have a 360 and a ps3, but i mostly just stick to playing games on my computer, nowadays. What about yourself?

PSP, DS, PS2 mainly :P Lots of games there that I'm interested in+aside from PS2, portable gaming is my savior these days. Sometimes PS3 or PC games too. Less stuff on each that I'm interested in, though. I'm also an avid World of Tanks player.

talonbone said:
welcome to the club thief and abarai!!
and lol xen you go missing forever, then come back representing lucifer.. it all makes sense now :P

Wahahaha :D

-Kurisu- said:
Im Kris, 23, M, single lf girlfriend... Gamer, otaku, been watching anime since i was born probably.. I play the PC games because PC is the master race. Also, android master race as well.. Apple sucks.
I own my apartment and work full time

True :P
I enjoy gaming on PC too, but currently portables are my master race :P

All the newbies, welcome!
xen20Dec 23, 2012 4:45 AM
Dec 23, 2012 5:22 AM

Dec 2012
Tylerxy said:
WELCOME!! You're gonna love it here we got cake cookies and apples and peaches

I have yet to receive any of this D:

xen20 said:

I enjoy gaming on PC too, but currently portables are my master race :P

I've got a 1st generation psp I still play when ever I go traveling and stuff. LI miss playing zelda on my ds though lost it ages ago when I was still in uni :X
Dec 23, 2012 10:55 AM

Oct 2011
welcome kurisu! lol youre treating this like a dating site ><

and welcome harmony!! you were born about a week after me, awesome!! ^^

Dec 23, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2012
Got to admire his honesty though and cutting right to the point.
Dec 23, 2012 11:35 AM
Dec 2012
Welcome Kurisu. Yeah, you are treating this like a dating site. But then again so do like 80% of the guys on here (MAL). So I guess it's not a biggie? Haha :).
Dec 23, 2012 2:37 PM

Dec 2007
NightSkyBlue said:
Welcome Kurisu. Yeah, you are treating this like a dating site. But then again so do like 80% of the guys on here (MAL). So I guess it's not a biggie? Haha :).

lolz... XD

haha.. anyways imma take a shower and then head to work :P
Dec 23, 2012 6:29 PM

Dec 2012
talonbone said:
welcome kurisu! lol youre treating this like a dating site ><

and welcome harmony!! you were born about a week after me, awesome!! ^^

yayyy! that's so cool! thanks for the welcome :D
Please, dream some good dreams for me, Lloyd.

Dec 25, 2012 10:17 AM
Dec 2012
!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Dec 25, 2012 10:38 PM

Dec 2012
Hi everyone my name is Nai I'm 26 years old. Been out of the loop with the Anime community. Looking to make some more Anime friends to chat with :)
Dec 26, 2012 3:14 PM

Apr 2011
Nottingham said:
!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Welcome to 20+ I couldn't think of a better place to throw down your first post

Naitron said:
Hi everyone my name is Nai I'm 26 years old. Been out of the loop with the Anime community. Looking to make some more Anime friends to chat with :)

Also welcome. Looks like we have similar tastes in anime.
Dec 26, 2012 5:25 PM

Jan 2012
Hi.......*looks around*....I'm safe here right?
Ummmm I'm 25
I like anime ( no shit right?)
I like alternative rock, I'ma recent closet shedding Atheist, I'm black, I gots the type one Diabetes (also known as oh lord Jaysus he den got the sugars)...., I like to draw, love to read, I wouldn't mind learning Japanese but don't wanna become one of those Wappanese kinds of people- the ones who try too hard to become Japanese, I can be a tad bit anti social so I am working on cutting that shit out by reaching out to ppl with similar interest. Ima an open book ask me anything.

What I like the most about anime is it's ability to draw so many people of different backgrounds and cultures and learning a bit about Japanese culture as well. I'd like to learn more about the rest of the world as well so as I said before I'm busting outa my shell in hopes that the world will accept me with arms wide open I'm in your care now.

so um....peace, happiness, and love, glitter, and puppies, and pop'n locking stripper midgets to you all and all that other good shit and what not. Also please read this post in Morgan Freeman's voice if you'd like ....ahem.....Titty Sprinkles.
Dec 26, 2012 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
Hey my name is Candace and I'm 25. Just wanted to say hello. Feel free to add me!
Dec 26, 2012 8:34 PM
Dec 2012
Lotus97 said:
Nottingham said:
!!!MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Welcome to 20+ I couldn't think of a better place to throw down your first post

Thanks, cant wait to get to know some people around the site.
Dec 26, 2012 9:36 PM

Jan 2012
Welcome to everyone! Looks like we have a bunch of new and interesting personalities joining the mix in here. That's for sure.

Oh wow. Been about 11 months since I joined MAL (10 since joining 20+). Damn, does time fly...
Dec 27, 2012 4:02 PM
Nov 2012
Hi there, my name is Mariana alias Kid and I'm 23. I joined this club few months ago but now is the moment when i get to write something about me here.
Well I'm a 5th year medicine student in Romania and besides watching anime in my free time I also like to go hiking on mountains, listening to music, photography and so on.
About the anime I like well I don't think I should say anything more because it's all in my list. I'm also open to suggestions.
I would like to meet people to share the anime experience with, I've also started to learn Japanese language recently - still in the very beginning :).
I know that I have a dream that is to live at least for one week in a traditional japanese house or if it will be possible to own one.
Nice to meet you everyone.
Dec 28, 2012 4:05 AM

Aug 2009
Welcome Mariana! :) You have very interesting hobbies there! I'm learning Japanese too, although for a little longer. It's very demanding, but also exciting, which I'm sure you know already.
Hope you'll enjoy yourself in our club. Check out the many activities and various things we have in our site and have fun! :) If you want an easier way to navigate around the club, you can check out this thread for more info.
About staying in a Japanese house, I'm sure there are a lot of foreign exchange programs, especially for students your age, so you should totally check those out!

Cya around! :)
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Dec 28, 2012 2:39 PM

Oct 2011
so many awesome new members!! welcome all you noobs, and prepare your anuses!! >:D

Dec 28, 2012 11:37 PM

Jan 2012
Thanks for the welcomes you all seem very friendly. Also I forgot to mention my name is Chris.

Jan 2, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2009
Oh welcome from me too!! I didn't see your post before. ^^
Hope you'll enjoy yourself in our club. Really nice avatar! ;D
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jan 4, 2013 6:05 AM
Jul 2012
Names Gambit and I turn 20 tomorrow
Jan 4, 2013 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
Helloo My Name Is Bojidar nice to meet you all :PP i m here to make a anime friends :P because i lack of anime friends :XXX sooo if there is someone who want to be friend with me you know what to DO :PPPP
Don't Worry Be Happy ::)
Jan 4, 2013 6:27 AM

Nov 2012
Hi! I am Marc, 20 years old and living in Barcelona.

I signed up a while ago, but it wasn't til this week that I started using this website. I see here everyone is very friendly, that's nice :)

As a kid I watched some anime like Dragon Ball, Sakura, Sailor Moon, Ranma, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ranma, Detective Conan, Shin-Chan and others on TV.

It was last year when Dragon Ball came back to TV and a friend recommended me to watch Death Note and One Piece that I started watching anime more seriously. I have seen Death Note, and I think it is sublime. So this is why I have continued searching for other series (all kinds! comedy, adventure, and so on).

Currently I am watching more than 10 anime (not all are in my profile yet) and cannot wait for the ones that start in January. Obviously, as a college student I cannot really spend many hours watching anime, even though I'd like to... :P

Oh, and since February 2012 I am trying to learn Japanese with my friend. We do it on our own, without teachers or anything, just two books... this is why after almost one whole year I am still on lesson 2 LOL. I know the hiragana and half the katakana, now I am trying to finish and start with kanjis (I already know some, though). Of course, I would like to go to Japan someday...

So, that's me...! Nice to meet everyone and I hope I can participate a little bit in such a good group :D
Jan 4, 2013 6:40 AM

Nov 2012
Oh, I forgot to say that I have seen almost all of Hayao Miyazaki films and I am a huge fan!
Jan 4, 2013 11:02 AM
Nov 2010
Hi, I am Hana (english speaking people, you can use your version of the name - Hannah) from Croatia. 24 years old, third year law student. I live by the Adriatic sea and love long walks along the coast. Holly is my alias since I first joined the Interwebs as a small kid. Besides anime, I enjoy reading, fantasy related stuff (D&D, Magic The Gathering cards, fantasy literaute), singing and playing guitar (although it's been a while since I last had a guitar in my hands). I am a very outgoing person, so I hope to make friends here!

As for anime, I've been a fan forever but just recently started watching actively. Started with Naruto, then FMA, Soul Eater.. And then I became an full anime fan. I mostly like and watch animes with supernatural elements, action, samurai and shonen. I'm not much into slice of life animes.My favorite animes are Gintama, Fullmetal Alchemist, One Piece, Samurai Champloo and lots more.

Nice meeting you all! :)
Jan 4, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2011
welcome to all the noobs, and to all those i haven't welcomed!! and even to those who i welcomed on their page but haven't welcomed here...oh hell, just welcome...
hope to see all of you around!! :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (115) « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM

» [Game] Last Letter - Anime Edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kumquat123 - Feb 18, 2012

3116 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.