Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 10, 2008 2:47 PM
Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmmm strange ep, but I guess that's Maria for you. And is it me or the series suddenly turned Yaoi ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 10, 2008 2:47 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Episode was okay, took them quite a while to introduce Zero's twin. But there was more Maria, so I'm satisfied. ^^

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 10, 2008 2:50 PM

Sep 2007
cyruz said:
Episode was okay, took them quite a while to introduce Zero's twin. But there was more Maria, so I'm satisfied. ^^

I agree... and yeah its dangerously close to becoming yaoi...
Jun 10, 2008 2:50 PM

Nov 2007
I've yet to see it. Tomorrow, for sure. I don't feel like watching the Raw today...
Jun 10, 2008 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
This seemed like a big fanservice ep. Some awesome Yuuki x Zero moments for sure... :3

Jun 10, 2008 4:26 PM

Nov 2007
nah japan just has this thing about twins..if you notice in a lot of other manga/anime with twins, they're always a little closer than western standards deem siblings should be :P it's because asian cultures in general place a lot of emphasis on familial ties.

the animation sucked as usual, though i did like the art in the ending scene. i'm really looking forward to the dance being animated and seeing all the pretty dresses^_^;
Jun 10, 2008 5:05 PM

Oct 2007
I just hope you guys have nothing against someone who posts screenshots :D

Some Zero = lucky screenshots

Comic Relief???

about the yaoi thing :D * hides behind anti-flame shield*

I'll enjoy Shizuka-sama while she lasts :D
Lucy-ojousamaJun 10, 2008 7:02 PM
Jun 10, 2008 5:28 PM

Aug 2007
Uh, I'll skip the boy-boy bed scenes next time..
Jun 10, 2008 6:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
MajorAddiction said:

Come on....that was nothing but plain cute....

Yaoi itself is just cute....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 10, 2008 6:22 PM

Oct 2007

MajorAddiction said:

wash your eyes with some Yuki x Maria screenshots:

Jun 10, 2008 6:25 PM

Oct 2007
Wow, that episode was full of WIN! My favorite ep yet<3

Ichiru, you're so awesome and adorable...! ;___;
Heck YES to Kiryuucest!!!!!! XD (Anybody with me? X3)

And is it just me or did Zero seem sexier than usual...? The way he was drawn this episode looked better than usual, I think :D
Jun 10, 2008 6:27 PM

Oct 2007
otakubaybay said:

Ichiru, you're so awesome and adorable...! ;___;
Heck YES to Kiryuucest!!!!!! XD (Anybody with me? X3)

I'm with you provided that both of them are in their shota form :D

Jun 10, 2008 6:31 PM

Oct 2007
Lucy-ojousama said:

I'm with you provided that both of them are in their shota form :D

Haha, sure, either way is fine with me ;D

Seriously though, where are the yaoi fans in this forum? We should see some cheering going on here >:D
Jun 10, 2008 6:34 PM

Oct 2007
Not really a yaoi fan... more of a loli/shota fan. But shota + shota is fine too :D

OT: this forum needs smileys
Jun 10, 2008 6:37 PM

Mar 2008
What an episode! Who knew Zero had a brother complex :p
Jun 10, 2008 6:40 PM

Oct 2007
Gaia said:
What an episode! Who knew Zero had a brother complex :p

Methinks the fact that Ichiru always clings to him and the fact that Ichiru always needed to be protected had something to do with it
Jun 10, 2008 6:45 PM

May 2008
Aa, there were yaoi hints since Kurame and Zero xD I wasn't surprised by the twincest. Plus there's yuri for the rest of you, so stop complaining xDD

But did Ichiro go with Shizuka to protect Zero? At the very least, Ichiro's still worried about his brother.
Jun 10, 2008 6:50 PM

Oct 2007
WhisperedHope said:

But did Ichiro go with Shizuka to protect Zero? At the very least, Ichiro's still worried about his brother.

I don't think so. Maybe he was just captivated by Shizuka Hio

Jun 10, 2008 7:03 PM

Feb 2008
Dammit, this is the second time in the vampire knight episode discussions that i clicked on the show spoiler tag thinking I was gonna get more screenshots when I got actual spoilers instead.

oh well, this is one of my least favorite shows I'm currently watching so its no biggie.
Jun 10, 2008 7:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
chryseis said:
nah japan just has this thing about twins..if you notice in a lot of other manga/anime with twins, they're always a little closer than western standards deem siblings should be :P it's because asian cultures in general place a lot of emphasis on familial ties.

yep....your comment applies well to what has to come too.....

If anyone thinks twincest is too much, wait till you get to the good part.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 10, 2008 7:56 PM

Aug 2007
Lucy-ojousama said:

MajorAddiction said:

THANK YOU for that.

May you have a blessed evening.

p.s. why oh why do they skip all the fight scenes.
Jun 10, 2008 8:41 PM

Nov 2007
ok I was liking this episode until the whole twincest weirdness. ugh I did NOT want to see that. had a good start then fell flat with the weird brother.
Jun 10, 2008 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
The subbed episode ten is available on crunchyroll.

Twincest... Not the good kind, either. Like Kaoru and Hikaru. Ichiru and Zero were a little too close for my liking.

Annnnnyway, I pretty muched guessed this entire episode right. I haven't gotten this far in the manga and... well, yeah. I could kinda see what was going to happen. They tried to hide it, but they failed for me, personally.

It was an alright episode...
Jun 10, 2008 10:05 PM

Nov 2007
Obby said:

p.s. why oh why do they skip all the fight scenes.

It costs a lot of money to animate fight scenes. I don't think VK has a very high budget, either... >.> Not like Juuni Kokuki, LoGH, or Haruhi.
Jun 10, 2008 11:17 PM

Jul 2007
Lucy-ojousama said:

MajorAddiction said:

MMMM YURI FTW

darn that epiosde was just too yaoi for me @_@ so taht was ichiru in the last eps ending scene? my bad i thought he was zero XD
Jun 11, 2008 12:09 AM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
chryseis said:

yep....your comment applies well to what has to come too.....

If anyone thinks twincest is too much, wait till you get to the good part.....

omg no surprise twincest butt sex please.

This episode was good till the bed scene. Then it just went to hell. Also, how did she manage to get into the house without being welcomed first? Traditionally Vampires cant enter your house until their welcomed. Did the brother do it or does it just not apply in this anime?
Jun 11, 2008 12:31 AM
Apr 2008
not a fan of the bromance, but overall good episode. i just wish it had the fight scenes, oh well.
Jun 11, 2008 12:46 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty interesting episode, though that brotherly love sure is weird =/
Jun 11, 2008 12:56 AM

Jul 2007
YES to Kiryuucest!

Twincest is wicked awesome. I hope there's more to come. This was my fav ep yet. The series needed some suggestiveness! Whooo~
Jun 11, 2008 2:12 AM

Apr 2008
jeez, zero is worse than those twins from Ouran Host club!

Jun 11, 2008 3:17 AM

May 2007
Yay for Miyano Mamoru talking to himself! :D

Yeah, but seriously, love the Zero x Ichiru stuff. <3

Jun 11, 2008 5:34 AM

May 2008
Lucy-ojousama said:
I don't think so. Maybe he was just captivated by Shizuka Hio

Pssh, that's not very noble xD He really is weak, then. And Zero's been thinking he was dead all this time.

NoyaChan said:
Yay for Miyano Mamoru talking to himself! :D

ROFL. That's why he PWNs, ne? xDDD
Jun 11, 2008 6:25 AM

Feb 2008
Kiryuucest !!! I love those moments... nice to see they kept them in anime. Plus, Ichiru is so awesome.

And I'm just getting reminded why I hate Kaname so much.

Anyways, animation was still bad, but Yuuki's the worst. They are making her uglier and uglier every episode. And I don't get why.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2008 9:37 AM

Aug 2007
Lmao, yeah the incest thing was a tad bit on the weird side and I'm saying that coming from a yaoi fan girl.
I guess Ichiru doesnt want to sleep with his brother anymore *gasp*
Jun 11, 2008 9:37 AM

Mar 2008
some nice Yuki Zero moments
well yeh the bed scene was silly...the borther was flushed because he had a fever...
i hate those im-very-dependant-on-my-brother relationships with a touch of yaoi
lol i learnt a new word today ... twincest...omg
i suppose Ichiru is a true slave of Maria since he was bitten?

4/5

MAL list updates
Jun 11, 2008 11:33 AM

Apr 2008
Immensely homoerotic--both with males AND females. Not too many shows like that!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2008 11:53 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
Traditionally Vampires cant enter your house until their welcomed. Did the brother do it or does it just not apply in this anime?

all you have to do is open the door, which Zero did. Hiro did the same thing in Kaibutsu Ojou (that's where I learned the Vampires aren't welcome 'till you welcome them thing)

Lacrimosa said:
The subbed episode ten is available on crunchyroll.

Support the fansubbing groups not online streaming sites

Shoku-Dan and Chihiro's subs for ep. 10 are out btw

Stjeppe said:
i suppose Ichiru is a true slave of Maria since he was bitten

Jun 11, 2008 12:13 PM

Jun 2007
this episode was kind of boring for me =/
loved the yukixzero scenes
&&
sanjica said:
Anyways, animation was still bad, but Yuuki's the worst. They are making her uglier and uglier every episode. And I don't get why.
Lacrimosa said:
Twincest... Not the good kind, either. Like Kaoru and Hikaru. Ichiru and Zero were a little too close for my liking.
Jun 11, 2008 12:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Stjeppe said:
some nice Yuki Zero moments
well yeh the bed scene was silly...the borther was flushed because he had a fever...
i hate those im-very-dependant-on-my-brother relationships with a touch of yaoi
lol i learnt a new word today ... twincest...omg
i suppose Ichiru is a true slave of Maria since he was bitten?

4/5

Nope, remember in the last episode Maria teased Ichiru nearly by biting him but withdraws. That means Ichiru is still human.....
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jun 11, 2008 1:50 PM

Apr 2008
^ Kaname feeds on other vampires, so Maria might too.

Nice one ! I really want to know what is that 'thing' only Yuki can do that Maria wants, I guess it's related to why Yuki is so precious to Kaname. ~

Though i'd also like if they would make the love chain a lil' biger, it's all about Yuki (who is pretty dull, let's face it.) I want a hot vampire to fall for Zerowww :f

DeathfireD said:
Traditionally Vampires cant enter your house until their welcomed. Did the brother do it or does it just not apply in this anime?

Who cares? But. The sunlight man, the sunlight !! they walk in daylight!! Vampire MUST be night creatures - they kill all the nighty creepy spooky thing :<
Head Over Heels
Jun 11, 2008 6:16 PM

Jun 2007
Olire said:

DeathfireD said:

Who cares? But. The sunlight man, the sunlight !! they walk in daylight!! Vampire MUST be night creatures - they kill all the nighty creepy spooky thing :<

I care obviously.
Jun 11, 2008 6:52 PM

Apr 2008
Well it's just that it's a minor superstition such like garlic, crucifix, water turning into bats or wolves or mist that revolves around the Vampire thing but can really be disregarded.
The core of the myth being cursed immortal creatures of the night (destroyed by sunlight) feeding on human blood. If you take out one of these features, it ain't a vampire anymore.
Head Over Heels
Jun 11, 2008 7:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Olire said:
Well it's just that it's a minor superstition such like garlic, crucifix, water turning into bats or wolves or mist that revolves around the Vampire thing but can really be disregarded.
The core of the myth being cursed immortal creatures of the night (destroyed by sunlight) feeding on human blood. If you take out one of these features, it ain't a vampire anymore.

Actually, the vampires in VK are slightly allergic to light but are not killed or harmed by it. Their eyes hurts when there is sunlight (this is confirmed in the recent chapters of the manga). That is why they are in night class (other than the fact that the academy is used during the day). Myths are myths, different variations and versions exist. After all, who knows which "classical" characteristics of vampires are ridiculous deviations of the original.....Vampires can't come out at night is just as a superstition as garlic and crucifix.

Even in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, the strongest and oldest vampires cannot be killed by mere sunlight. If I recall well, Lestat spent a whole day under the sun in the desert and came out tanned.....

So since vampires are myths (let's suppose so), different authors have the right to portray different characteristics. The recent young adult series by Stephenie Meyer portray vampires that shines like crystal under the sun. That is why they avoid going out under the sun to avoid suspicion. That created the myth that vampires are allergic to sunlight, which is not true in the world of the series.

Afterall, vampire characteristics have priorities
First, what into mind when we talk about vampire is BLOODSUCKERS
Night creatures only comes into mind SECOND.

So if most of us would accept a bloodsucker as being close to a vampire. Creature of the night is only an extra....

bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jun 11, 2008 7:26 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
Also, how did she manage to get into the house without being welcomed first? Traditionally Vampires cant enter your house until their welcomed. Did the brother do it or does it just not apply in this anime?

I thought Ichiru allowed the MEGA ULTRA BAD BABE into the house, and backstabbed his family. Remember that one scene where Zero was looking over at the lady, and Ichiru had this evil little smirk on his face, standing behind her? I thought that meant he had betrayed them, but whatever. Yeah.
Jun 11, 2008 8:35 PM

Oct 2007
Lacrimosa said:

I thought Ichiru allowed the MEGA ULTRA HOT BABE into the house, and backstabbed his family.

fixed

it was Zero who opened the door btw :D

Lacrimosa said:

Remember that one scene where Zero was looking over at the lady, and Ichiru had this evil little smirk on his face, standing behind her? I thought that meant he had betrayed them, but whatever. Yeah.

Yeah, it was a betrayal. Shizuka-sama is so captivating... I won't blame Ichiru
Jun 11, 2008 8:41 PM

Jan 2008
ahhh kaname is being obvious of his evil side.. with such smile.. you know he's up to something.. how mischievous.. i like it

i also like how protective he is of yuuki too... even if he has to manipulate a situation to keep her safe...

i love zero too...
lblsslxJun 11, 2008 9:00 PM
MY SIGNATURE

Jun 11, 2008 8:44 PM

Oct 2007
lblsslx said:
ahhh kaname is being obvious of his evil side.. with such smile.. you know he's up to something.. how mischievous.. i like it

If you like his conniving side, then you're going to love the episodes to come provided that Studio Deen won't mess up

someone told me that Kaname has been looking more plump lately. Could someone verify this?
Jun 11, 2008 8:45 PM

May 2008
Zero and his bro got a little to close for comfort... weird. At least Shizuka's hot. Strange episode.
Jun 11, 2008 8:49 PM

Oct 2007
Bunji said:
At least Shizuka's hot.

I was waiting for someone else to say that.
Jun 12, 2008 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Oh god great episode. A bit fishy though :P.
Oh and woot moar zero/ichiru yaoi plox:P?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - May 1, 2008

75 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

chryseis - Apr 7, 2008

189 by BhavyaPunia »»
Apr 14, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BrokenTrinkets - Jun 24, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:18 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kYem - May 19, 2008

76 by yukixkaname2 »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:17 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ohmiharu - Jun 30, 2008

137 by noa_moment »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.