Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2011 12:38 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol I love Hiramaru. His reactions are priceless.

But whoa, didn't think Shiratori's manga would get canned for Nanamine's. Nice contrast, though, between the two characters -- they're pretty much opposites.

Oh Ashirogi. CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT CHAPTERRRR
yamakasiFeb 19, 2011 12:44 AM
Feb 19, 2011 3:25 AM

Feb 2008
What I was wondering since he said that 50 people are helping him with his manga is what will happen when he gets serialized. Won't some of those people want recognition? And what about the payment? All of them are working and only Nanamine is getting paid? (if he would split the pay he wouldn't be able to live off as a mangaka) I think human nature will take over and only a few people will be helping him on his manga in a short while and the manga will go downhill.
Feb 19, 2011 4:33 AM

Aug 2010
I'm rooting for them, that's all I can say xD
Curious to see how they'll do it though, because PCP doesn't look like a prospect to 'crush' that Nanamine guy.(that was his name, right?)
Feb 19, 2011 4:35 AM
Sep 2010
I just love Hiramaru's negative conclusions and such. Yoshida didn't really have to do much for him to become pessimistic again.
Feb 19, 2011 5:21 AM

Dec 2010
Ah good chapter. and Nanamine is always a jerk.
Hiramaru... Please don't kill yourself xD
“My antics are works of art.” ~ Hermann Fegelein
Feb 19, 2011 5:58 AM

Jul 2009
Ah Hiramaru, gotta love hilarious misunderstandings. XD
Feb 19, 2011 6:16 AM

Feb 2010
I like this chapter, especially the dialogue Mashiro said about mangaka and their works. I think they sure did a good job portraying a disdainful Nanami, this manga needs a common enemy reader can identify with. All that left is to follow, ironically, Jump's formula, crushing Nanami's effortless series.
Feb 19, 2011 6:46 AM

Mar 2010
sMug said:
What I was wondering since he said that 50 people are helping him with his manga is what will happen when he gets serialized. Won't some of those people want recognition? And what about the payment? All of them are working and only Nanamine is getting paid? (if he would split the pay he wouldn't be able to live off as a mangaka) I think human nature will take over and only a few people will be helping him on his manga in a short while and the manga will go downhill.

Yup,think the same.

Nanamine is such a asshole :/
Sorry for my English ^^' If you notice any mistakes, please tell me about it ^^ Thanks for corrections ^^
Feb 19, 2011 7:59 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah, I was also thinking about the other 50 who wanted credit. Surely they're not just doing it for contributing, but want to get recognized eventually when the truth comes out.

Poor Shiratori-kun, ah well. He's the purest character and he'll be back. (With his own ideas and artwork, i may add >.< *cough* nanamine)

AND THE DECLARATION OF WAR! Yes! PCP must crush Nanamine's work. I would love it if his editor fed some news to Ashirogi to show how he developed plot, but doing it the back door way is not their style. Ohh, i hope they show both their manga, like how they did with PCP and the rivals trying to find the other in the school by the sandbox and the rival not looking to see who was in PCP. Oh good times. We haven't seen PCP in a while so i'm excited on how they'll beat him.
Feb 19, 2011 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
I feel bad for Kosugi getting used like that. poor Hiramaru he got hung up on, he'll need something better. spent all that time on boring Rabuta & Peace and it's already gone how fitting.

considering we haven't seen much of PCP lately I'm skeptical it's going to crush anything. I still think they'll need something better than pcp
Feb 19, 2011 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
Best arc of Bakuman yet? Definitely. It feels good that there's an actual villain and conflict. It's getting pretty hot-blooded lately.
Feb 19, 2011 9:49 AM

Jun 2008
mystik said:
considering we haven't seen much of PCP lately I'm skeptical it's going to crush anything. I still think they'll need something better than pcp

That's how I feel. I don't even know what's happening in PCP....how can they win like that? I personally want to see a new series.
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
Feb 19, 2011 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
those 50 people that is helping Nanamine is eventually going to betray him I think. Then his manga will get drop and he will realize his way of doing things won't get far.
Feb 19, 2011 8:59 PM

Jul 2010
Nanamine... *shakes head*

I have a feeling something is going to backfire on them in this plan thing. But I hope he goes down. HARD.

Hiramaru-san... I love how every page he's on brings a breath of fresh air. I still remember the fax his editor had to send to all the aritists saying how he has a tendency to hide out in their houses to avoid deadlines. Hopefully he comes up wiht something amazing to.
Feb 19, 2011 10:02 PM

Apr 2009
maybe Nizuma will finally get to the top and then chooses to cancel Nanamine's work. that's my theory anyway.

i miss Eiji! this Nanamine kid is getting on my nerves.
Bill Kaulitz:"Sleep with Rockstars - Support the arts!"

Feb 19, 2011 11:38 PM

Aug 2010
Im glad there was alot more hiramaru time in this chapter. His reactions plus the fact that he was playing with otters11 dolls.
I feel really bad for kosugi too. cant wait for the next chap

Feb 20, 2011 12:13 AM

Nov 2007
PinkGin said:
maybe Nizuma will finally get to the top and then chooses to cancel Nanamine's work. that's my theory anyway.

i miss Eiji! this Nanamine kid is getting on my nerves.

I think it'd be too obvious if Eiji ended Nanamine's work. Not really a twist there D:

But I agree... every chapter of Bakuman needs MOAR EIJI.
Feb 20, 2011 1:40 AM

Jun 2009
Love Hiramaru's reaction! And him calling Aoki as Yuri-tan, hilarious! XD

Come on, Ashirogi! Crush nanamine's work! Beat the hell of out of his manga! >.<

Loving Bakuman! ^^

Feb 20, 2011 3:11 PM

Nov 2007
i don't see what's wrong with 50 people helping each other make their manga, the heroes are more or less doing the same thing. what i don't like is nanamine's character/personality
Feb 20, 2011 4:28 PM

Sep 2009
We'll crush him with PCP?.....
Feb 20, 2011 7:23 PM

Sep 2008
The introduction of Nanamine as the manga's first evil antagonist really makes this arc very interesting.
Hot-blooded manga battles are the way to go!
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Feb 20, 2011 8:45 PM

Jun 2010
yeah! nanamine will get crushed!!!....i hope. :P i don't know how they'll do it but i hope they're successful. :D

no_match99 said:
i don't see what's wrong with 50 people helping each other make their manga, the heroes are more or less doing the same thing. what i don't like is nanamine's character/personality

i'm guessing it's wrong because it will just become a patched-up manga with no real depth, because ideas came from different sources. there'll be no unity since ideas come from all over the place. most authors would insert a bit of themselves into their works so most of the time you get the feeling, "ah, that's *insert author's name here* all right".. because you know how the author thinks based on the characters or turn of events. but this is not likely to be the case with nanamine's manga since his is so fragmented. maybe that's also why eiji said he "can't see nanamine's face at all". he just makes scenarios to make his work popular and does not concentrate on the characters. (this was the problem with ashirogi at some point - their characters were said to be "weak")

Zell182 said:
Ah Hiramaru, gotta love hilarious misunderstandings. XD

I LOVE HIRAMARU!! :D

poor shiratori-kun though... i hope he and hiramaru works hard for their next work.

i love this manga.. can't wait for the next chapter! ^_^
Feb 23, 2011 11:44 AM

Mar 2010
im in ragee noww tooo rawrr crushh crusshh that bastardd.. : D

acutally i want him to meet eiji.. :D
Feb 24, 2011 2:08 AM
Jun 2010
i've been reading the manga from where the anime is at the moment, read from chapter 28 (i think) to chapter 121 in three days.

which means i think this is an awesome manga!!!!

also just wondering when does bakuman release, im quite new to reading manga so i don't know the release dates and stuff lol @_@
Feb 24, 2011 4:08 AM

Mar 2010
XKt_ said:

also just wondering when does bakuman release, im quite new to reading manga so i don't know the release dates and stuff lol @_@

it usually comes the same time anime comes, sometimes few days sooner..
you can also see the realize dates on manga pages, do your calculations :D
Feb 24, 2011 10:37 PM

Nov 2008
Poor Hiramaru, he didn`t get serialized...

Go Ashirogi Muto!
Feb 25, 2011 4:48 PM

Aug 2008
Great chapter, just the right amount of suspence, humour, "action", talk.

I love this arc of Bakuman - blame the genre of shounen, or the previous work of the authours, but having the rival appearing makes this addictive. Like following a thriller or something. Nanamine's expressions (the evil glances...) are great. I'm really curious how the story progresses from now on. 'm thinking a bit those 50 people can't keep quiet too long, but we'll see.

Can't help loving Hiramaru x Aoki.
Feb 26, 2011 5:13 AM

May 2010
Ironically, I remember that a few chapters back, most people were saying "well, I don't see what's wrong with getting help from people, especially since his editor is pretty lousy".

And now everyone here hates him haha. That's probably what's going to happen in the manga, actually: you can't maintain the attention of 50 people working for free for long. He's going to become a flavour of the month, and then will be on his own . . . and only his "51st assistant" will be there to support him.

Now, getting there will be interesting. Perhaps PCP will diss Nanamine ? That's a pretty un-japanese thing to do, but would be quite fun. There's not enough feud in the world of manga !
Feb 26, 2011 6:06 AM
Jul 2010
Tchako said:
And now everyone here hates him haha. That's probably what's going to happen in the manga, actually: you can't maintain the attention of 50 people working for free for long. He's going to become a flavour of the month, and then will be on his own . . . and only his "51st assistant" will be there to support him.

Hopefully they don't cop it out like that.

What makes the Nanamine plot great is because Nanamine is supposed to succeed.

He's supposed to be a villain only to fans who want to box him in. In reality, he's the fresh face. He's the guy most manga fans want to root for. The guy who's most likely going to be among the first to have an online shop set up or the guy who's going to collaborate with English scanlators behind the scenes and take the manga industry by storm.

I hope Nanamine does eventually fall though but not by the hands of Ashirogi Muto but by the combination of everyone. And hopefully he falls not as part of Jump but like how Yagami Light fell challenging not just the two main characters but the entire author band that's been set in place. After all, if you look at it skills per skills, each of the characters only get to paint his weakness because they have their own perspective but not one of the authors truly possesses the skills to bring him down.
Feb 26, 2011 2:45 PM
Jun 2010
122 released
Feb 27, 2011 7:51 AM

Aug 2010
This chapter was so good I read it twice.

Hiramaruuuuu~~<33333333333

Yuri-tan~<3333333

Mashiro-kun's speech was Legendary.
Mar 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Aug 2008
What a chapter.... So Aoki and Nanamine got serialized? I wasn't sure who was going to be serialized besides Nanamine, but that combo sounds good to me... Plus... Both are so alike... and Nanamine's piece is so like PCP and True Human and Aoki's piece.... dude Dunno how will that manga be successful but I hope everyone crush it and send it deep into the Voting List....

Then you gotta love Hiramaru... hahahaha Dude he was so hilarious... just as someone already said... Gotta love Hilarious Misunderstandings.... All his pessimism got to him and made him suppose all those bad things... Poor thing... I just hope he doesn't kill himself hahaha... I can imagine him throwing himself into a river/pond/lake drowning himself with a box full of Otters 11 Merchandise used as a latch hahaha

So Ashirogi told Hattori what's up with Nanamine... My... I can't believe they did it... but Hattori is no stupid guy and he could feel it and was certain that something wasn't okay with Nanamine's stuff and Kosugi's attitude.... He's a really bright person... I really love him... SO... It's good he agreed with Ashirogi's method... hopefully he doesn't blurt out a word about it...

Plus... at some time, Nanamine's team has to fall down... They will want recognition... and the moneys... some kind of retrbution for all their work, and invested time... and everything... Now I'm interested on this manga... Plus... so sad... too bad Shiratori had to be axed... well hopefully he comes up with a more interesting story on his own!!

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2012 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
I really love Hiramaru! Haha! He's so hilarious in this chapter. I just hope he won't do anything too extreme.

This Nanamine is really annoying! Ashirogi would definitely beat him and leave him in the dust. Good move by Ohba to add a bad person in this series. Maybe Team Fukuda could gather once again to crush this person. That would be exciting!
Mar 30, 2015 12:30 PM
Oct 2011
rukia15 said:
yeah! nanamine will get crushed!!!....i hope. :P i don&#039;t know how they&#039;ll do it but i hope they&#039;re successful. :D

no_match99 said:
i don&#039;t see what&#039;s wrong with 50 people helping each other make their manga, the heroes are more or less doing the same thing. what i don&#039;t like is nanamine&#039;s character/personality

i&#039;m guessing it&#039;s wrong because it will just become a patched-up manga with no real depth, because ideas came from different sources. there&#039;ll be no unity since ideas come from all over the place. most authors would insert a bit of themselves into their works so most of the time you get the feeling, "ah, that&#039;s *insert author&#039;s name here* all right".. because you know how the author thinks based on the characters or turn of events. but this is not likely to be the case with nanamine&#039;s manga since his is so fragmented. maybe that&#039;s also why eiji said he "can&#039;t see nanamine&#039;s face at all". he just makes scenarios to make his work popular and does not concentrate on the characters. (this was the problem with ashirogi at some point - their characters were said to be "weak")

It could work if there is a strong creative focus to hold it all together. The differnt characters seem to be saying that there isn't one and that its to mish-mashed but I hope they show thaat in the future instead of just saying it like they have been.
Nov 20, 2021 5:09 PM

Dec 2007
nanamine: my kamehmeha is the best!
mashiro: no, we will win you with ss2!
takagi: sorry about that, ss1 will be enough!
yup, pretty the same calls from dbz only with bakuman style lol

hiramaru is the bestIt could work if there is a strong creative focus to hold it all together. The differnt characters seem to be saying that there isn't one and that its to mish-mashed but I hope they show thaat in the future instead of just saying it like they have been.[/quote]you missed what he tried to say - even if you have skills to take a lot of ideas and make it manga, it's not like you trying to make your own way of "how to take the ideas" but just take mixing them all.
even when author have support from his editor and such, he usually making his own style of how to make the story interesting, even if the ideas aren't his alone.
nonamine is clearly lacking this ability since he's being proud of "manga created by 50 people".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 168 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Shih - Feb 22, 2012

52 by Adriannitro »»
May 6, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.