Forum Settings
Forums
xxxHOLiC Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 9, 2011 4:40 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

This ending... so weird.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 9, 2011 1:44 PM

Nov 2007
I honestly hated it and i hate CLAMP once again,yay!...:/

i would not be able to dream up such an horrible ending even in my worst nightmares...i want to cry.

Feb 9, 2011 10:47 PM

May 2009
I didn't hate it, though it would have been much more effective if the whole thing wasn't finished so quickly.

Kind of wish they followed the Rou anime route.
Feb 9, 2011 11:09 PM

Sep 2008
wtf CLAMP, wtf.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2011 11:32 PM

Nov 2007
once again....CLAMP does not fail in getting the worst reactions out of me...

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ENDING!!!?

I mean...I liked the ending of Tsubasa after convincing myself that holic would somehow patch things overall but seriously...did they plan this chapter in 2 hours before the due date?

dropping the score from 9 to 8
Feb 9, 2011 11:43 PM

Feb 2010
rushed ending is rushed that was really dissapointing.....
Feb 9, 2011 11:47 PM

Jul 2007
OMFCLAMP!!!! SERIOUSLY FUCK!!! I AGREED!!! THEY TOTALLY CAME UP WITH game8910 THAT THEY PLAN THE ENDING 2 HOURS BEFORE THE DUE DATE!!!

i mean...it was a befitting but so heart wrenching that i want to strangle the fucking life out of a cardboard piece and papercut myself to death with a giant sword (made out of duct tape). fuck. I cry. ran out of the room. come back and finish the chapter. cry fuck some more. now i'm going to bed mad at CLAMP. ...such an amazing piece yet the ending could have been more satisfying......
Feb 9, 2011 11:59 PM

Sep 2009
Clamp, wtf was that ending? You fail this time >O<
i rated 10 before, but seriously it drops down to 8 now
sorry but this is too disappointing TOT
Feb 10, 2011 12:08 AM
Apr 2009
Screw Gate 7. I'm done with CLAMP forever after this. I've defended them in the past, but they deserve all the abuse they are going to get for this one. Inexcusable.
Feb 10, 2011 1:15 AM

Oct 2008
This is intolerable. There are too many questions unanswered.
First of all, when the hell did 100 years pass?
Second of all, is the Domeki that Watanuki talking to Shizuka Domeki or his son?
The Domeki talks as if he knows Yuuko and Watanuki very well, almost as if he is Shizuka Domeki.
Third of all, what's with the damn egg?

This is an indeterminate ending. I believed in something more conclusive. What a disappointment.

CLAMP has been doing worse since Kobato.
Kobato and Tsubasa became somewhat of a success. But xxxHoLic is an epic failure. But if you look at past works of CLAMP, they still haven't finished publishing Kobato, and X 1999. CLAMP has become lazy. As soon as the anime finishes their manga for them, they stop publishing their works. Tsubasa Chornicle anime series, and ova, missed out on a lot of important details.

Feb 10, 2011 2:20 AM

Jan 2009
I don't have enough words... How could they kill such a great story with ending like this?!
I really loved this manga, but now my score droped from 10 to 7. And I really don't know, will I ever read some future CLAMP works after this.
Feb 10, 2011 2:25 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
It's like they were doing a poll of worst endings and this one won ! 100 years later ? I had to reread the page 3 times to be sure I got that right ! Wth ?
Apart from the fact that everyone is dead , what abt Doumeki ? He compares him to his grandpa and him to his own grandpa so it can't be the same Doumeki ? And if he is not the Doumeki we know , how does he know so many things and what the hell , why are they even together ? Every boy from Doumeki's family that resembles him HAVE to be with Watanuki ?

This ending WAS CRAP . I'm resisting giving the manga a 7 cause before Tsubasa ended , xxxholic was pretty awesome but this ... I rly hope this is the end (even if it made 0 sense) and won't have a continuation or whatever .

It hurts my eyes to see a great manga end up like that *shakes head*
Feb 10, 2011 2:25 AM

Nov 2008
WHAT THE FUCK MAN.
Feb 10, 2011 2:45 AM

Sep 2009
This end is... this end is... disappointing !!

drop to 9 to 7... T-T
Feb 10, 2011 2:52 AM

Jul 2009
Well, I'm just going to go reread Cardcaptor Sakura and remember the days when CLAMP could write endings that aren't disappointing.
;_;
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Feb 10, 2011 3:44 AM
Aug 2008
so what happened to shaoran...QQ and who the hell ended up with doumeki?!
Feb 10, 2011 4:32 AM
Mar 2009
extra chapter prediction: eventually one of doumeki's descendents will get sick of watanuki and throw the egg at him, watanuki then gets hit in the head causing him to have amnesia and forgetting about yuko.
Feb 10, 2011 4:45 AM
Aug 2009
You don't understand...
I think CLAMP will make an epilogue chapter, like they did in Tsubasa (and If you'll check you'll see that before the epilogue chapter in Tsubasa nothing was understandable and the epilogue was the real ending and it was made supremely well)
and that epilogue will be the real and amazing ending of one of the best manga CLAMP have made-xxxHOLiC
Feb 10, 2011 4:47 AM

Dec 2008
Just finished reading the final chapter of xxxHOLiC and instead of feeling like I'm saying good-bye to an old friend, I want to go out and just sue somebody!!!! CLAMP, WTH was that all about???? You owe us an epilogue or something!!!
*running in circles and screaming hysterically*

On a lighter note, seeing Yuuko again was awesome!
Feb 10, 2011 5:44 AM

Jun 2010
Xxx holic was a really great manga. I even regard it higher than Tsubasa. I believe CLAMP should have just ended it when Yuuko died.

100 YEARS OH MY..... UHH DISSAPOINTED CLAMP. YOU'RE GONNA GIVE A CRAP ENDING TO A SERIES WHICH YOU WORKED ON FOR SUCH A LONG TIME. IS THAT WORTH IT?

Rages aside its still a really great manga. Just forget the Rou part.
Feb 10, 2011 6:14 AM

Dec 2008
that was some bs, i didnt even realize it was ending til just 10min ago or so. total disappointment. i dont even know how they came to that ending. one of my favorite manga reduced to crap, thanks clamp
Feb 10, 2011 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
xxxHOLic Was one of my all time favorite series. And yet... the ending... ALG;ASDLFJ ACK. I'M SO DISAPPOINTED, CLAMP. REALLY? THIS WAS SUCH AN AMAZING SERIES AND YOU JUST. LIAGHASLFJF NO.

THERE WAS NO CLOSURE. ABSOLUTELY NO CLOSURE. WHAT THE HELL. ;___;

That was so unsatisfying to the point that I had to drop the score for the series. Damn, I didn't even like the ending of the manga for Eyeshield but still gave it a ten because it was so good. But xxxHOLiC... ARGH, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT IF THEY GAVE A BETTER ENDING.
Feb 10, 2011 7:37 AM

Jul 2008
I have mixed feelings about this.

The ending itself wasn't that bad, in fact it was somewhat fitting. The problem is, it felt too rushed. Ever since Rou the rest of the cast suddenly disappeared, as if they were not important at all. There were too many loose ends thus giving an overall feeling of dissatisfaction.

OriginGenesis said:
This is intolerable. There are too many questions unanswered.
First of all, when the hell did 100 years pass?
Second of all, is the Domeki that Watanuki talking to Shizuka Domeki or his son?
The Domeki talks as if he knows Yuuko and Watanuki very well, almost as if he is Shizuka Domeki.
Third of all, what's with the damn egg?

1. Apparently since the last chapter.
2. The one Watanuki is talking to is Doumeki's great grandchild. I guess he talks as if he knows Watanuki very well because, just as his ancestors, he's been visiting/living with Watanuki all his life.
3. No idea, but supposedly Doumeki wished for the egg to erase Watanuki's memories about Yuuko, and said their descendants to use it when they see it right (so he could be truly free from his cage).
Feb 10, 2011 8:09 AM
Aug 2010
I would have rather it ended when Watanuki first took over the store and decided to wait for Yuko. At least then it felt like an ending.

This just feels like the manga was cutoff as opposed to ending.
Feb 10, 2011 8:19 AM

May 2010
What??? What??? It's over?
Feb 10, 2011 8:45 AM
Jan 2009
They didn't need to end this 100 years into the future...
And the egg STILL wasn't going to be used?
"/
Feb 10, 2011 9:06 AM

Jul 2009
Jun- said:
I have mixed feelings about this.

The ending itself wasn't that bad, in fact it was somewhat fitting. The problem is, it felt too rushed. Ever since Rou the rest of the cast suddenly disappeared, as if they were not important at all. There were too many loose ends thus giving an overall feeling of dissatisfaction.

I think you are quite right. This ending is not so bad. As you've just said, the more the end was approaching the less the characters were present. In the end there was just Doumeki and Watanuki.
But I hope there will be some sequel O/ or another story as crossover.
Please be nice with my extremly bad English =)
Feb 10, 2011 9:47 AM

Nov 2008
... Doumeki is dead and Watanuki is talking with his descendant? WTF.
Feb 10, 2011 10:32 AM

Apr 2008
So this is 100 years into the future?

So where are all the flying cars, man??? :D
Feb 10, 2011 10:42 AM

Aug 2009
GoldNimrod said:
You don't understand...
I think CLAMP will make an epilogue chapter, like they did in Tsubasa (and If you'll check you'll see that before the epilogue chapter in Tsubasa nothing was understandable and the epilogue was the real ending and it was made supremely well)
and that epilogue will be the real and amazing ending of one of the best manga CLAMP have made-xxxHOLiC

That what I am totally expecting also.. at the end of Tsubasa, I was ranting and raving only to come to peace with the "extra" chapter that served as the real ending..I hope Clamp does the fans that well at least.. Though , maybe I totally missed it and it flew right over me.. but what is up with that DAMN EGG!!!
Feb 10, 2011 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
Well... Is this really an ending? Watanuki saw Yuuko once more, but this cant call an ending for this series. Conclusion: horrible end
Feb 10, 2011 11:11 AM

Aug 2007
I don't know what to think....I can't say I disliked the ending, in normal circumstances I would have really liked it, but there are far too many questions to just end it like this. Once again CLAMP just cuts us off...
Feb 10, 2011 11:48 AM

Sep 2009
Not a horrible ending idea, but so rushed. I've been reading this series for 5 years and the way they rushed the ending is like a kick to the head for me. I honestly don't think I'll be reading anything from Clamp for a good long time, or maybe even ever again. I am disappoint :'(
Feb 10, 2011 12:07 PM

Jun 2010
They end it with such an opening... rawr! still a great manga though :P
Feb 10, 2011 12:42 PM

Sep 2008
You would think that they would give a series that has ran for 8 years enough time to end properly. It's not that it was a bad ending. It's just....it could have been executed better and done a better job of tying up loose ends. Hopefully we get that epilogue.
I went back and reread 212 and now that I know the ending, I get the feeling that they were hinting at it not being Doumeki anymore. Although, it might just be my imagination/wishful thinking.
Feb 10, 2011 12:53 PM

Apr 2010
I never thought that the last page is the last page of the great manga xxxHOLiC. This makes me curious about the outcome of the OVA Rou. I want an epilogue as well. I still have hopes for CLAMP.
Feb 10, 2011 2:07 PM

Apr 2008
WTF ~ ending~ i already see again a totaly Fail ending like school rumble~
oh if they gonna give extra manga or new manga of xx holic im gonna forgive them~

WTF EGG wat about the egg? u give us mystery about the egg and u make it TAMAGO a useless egg~

or else give as new ending route~ XD
Feb 10, 2011 2:40 PM

May 2009
Not the best ending but I still like it, just read it more and more and think about and I think everyone will be convised with the ending.
Feb 10, 2011 3:50 PM

Dec 2009
I'm extremely disappointed as well. The ending felt so damn rushed, and it saddened me to find out that Doumeki S. was gone already. Damn, CLAMP wtf...
Feb 10, 2011 5:20 PM
Jun 2009
well i share the feelings of people who posted here since i really loved the series and eagerly waited for each and every chapter. well good thing i just started reading this last year though that way im not as hurt as those who have been waiting for every chapter for 5 years was it? i actually also saw its start but never got interested in reading it before

Sigh i really wish they didnt rush and did a time skip though. i wanted to know what happens to the other characters like doumeki, himawari, kohane, mokona, why is she not with watanuki anymore anyways, the two girls in the shop, zashiki warashi, jurougumo, and probably some else left out.

and oh regarding what the people say about 100 years later? actually its more than that. Watanuki said usually its just 100 years in yume juuya but since he inherited the store its longer for him. It would also make more sense that the guy is the great grandchild of doumeki in the span of more than 100 years rather than just 100 years
ekzFeb 10, 2011 5:30 PM
Feb 10, 2011 6:00 PM

Jun 2010
I can't believe he actually waited 100 years... which brings the question, when did the 100 year timeskip occur? O_O
Feb 10, 2011 7:22 PM
Sep 2007
Wow...just...wow. It feels like Clamp kicked me down and continued to stomp on me. It was hard enough watch Doumeki, Himawari, and Kohane grow up without Watanuki, but to live through three more generations?! And in the end, Watanuki is without Yuuko?

I hope there is an epilogue.

Anyways, I do agree with others that the time-skip occurred in Chap 212. I had remembered upon reading it that Watanuki's line "Well, to me butterflies are special" seemed odd since it was said to Doumeki. Having assumed that Doumeki was still Doumeki, I thought that Doumeki should have known that butterflies were Yuuko's symbol. So, yeah, I guess that Doumeki was not the Doumeki we grew to love.
Feb 10, 2011 7:26 PM
Nov 2009
And one more time...
I'm completely disappointed and frustrated.
CLAMP to me is dead!
Feb 10, 2011 8:54 PM

Jun 2008
You know what's funny....

Reading the reactions from everyone in this thread!!!

Really???, you guys are shocked???

This is CLAMP, the same people who haven't given us a good ending to any manga since CardCaptor Sakura.

I can't call TRC an ending....

and this is just another one of their WTF endings.

Oh well, xxxholic was NEVER in my top 10 or for that matter my top 50...

6/10....The only reason I'm giving it a 6 is because of the first half of the manga, the second half deserves a 1 if not lower.
Feb 10, 2011 10:07 PM

Dec 2008
Actually, I don't hate the ending as much as everyone else here. Granted, I don't think it's a great ending, but it's somehow rather fitting?

"When did 100 years go by?" Well, that's the mindscrew part of it, isn't it? As readers, we feel as lost in time as Watanuki.

Still, I agree that it felt very rushed and with too many loose ends left. Not exactly a proper conclusion for a such a lengthy series, so I am also hoping for an epilogue =/
Feb 11, 2011 2:39 AM

Sep 2007
Okay, what? I thought "Oh, cliffhanger, we finally get to see what that egg is about". I go to MAL to update my Manga list... and it says that chapter 213 was the last.

It should have ended when Yuuko left. Everything after that was kinda... nothing really. It's okay if I see this as an extended epilogue... yeah, I think I'll go with that.
Feb 11, 2011 8:31 AM

Jun 2010
Shitty ending. Oh well, most of xxxHolic was boring for me.
Feb 11, 2011 10:54 AM

Feb 2008
you do not write a 200+ chapter story of any kind and end it like that. ok, so maybe he just goes on like that for ever, but that is not the way to end it.
Feb 11, 2011 11:37 AM

Feb 2010
okaaaaay. I was dissapointed that the ending seemed rushed, like they just wanted to get it outta the way. Its kinda weird to think Doumeki.S and basically the rest of the characters are dead already.
Feb 11, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder if that's really the end....usually when a series end...it says end in the last page. Maybe there will be a sequel.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How many chapters does this have?

Zaldun - Aug 22, 2018

7 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Apr 7, 10:38 PM

» How to continue xxxholic?

CrystalKing - Aug 9, 2023

2 by n7pidgey »»
Aug 10, 2023 8:07 AM

» Manga Price Gouging

Kairoku - Jul 27, 2013

2 by AstarionAncunin »»
Oct 13, 2022 7:09 AM

» omnibus release quality

elgatosaika - Dec 1, 2021

2 by elgatosaika »»
Jan 3, 2022 7:54 AM

Poll: » xxxHOLiC Chapter 48 Discussion

Naivette - Jul 3, 2012

1 by ArtemisMeiko »»
Mar 7, 2021 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.