Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 6, 2011 8:11 PM

Oct 2008
is it for the jiggly oppais~ when they're flying around..?

Jan 7, 2011 1:59 AM

Jan 2008
probably.

What I don't get, how the flying fuck can only females pilote those exoskeletons ?

Shit doesn't make sence. Males are stronger then females as far as the human race goes, this will never change and if it would certainly not over the course of a decade or two/three.

In the flashback we saw astronauts, techincians etc... almost of not all male. WHY for god sackes would they make it for females only? Because they probably wouldn't start a war? Oh fuck please, females are just as bad.
Jan 7, 2011 2:08 AM

Aug 2009
its only episode one chill. You will get the explanation eventually.
Jan 7, 2011 2:10 AM

Sep 2008
reaper_unique said:

Shit doesn't make sence. Males are stronger then females as far as the human race goes, this will never change and if it would certainly not over the course of a decade or two/three..

your itching for feminists to just flame you with that remark

anyways, there are a fair few anime/manga that have women as the dominant sex...unfortunately stratos could have been the better type if it didn't travel down the harem path
Jan 7, 2011 3:31 AM

Jan 2008
@SoFarGone: I know it's just the first episode. I haven't dropped it(yet)

Scrypt said:
reaper_unique said:

Shit doesn't make sence. Males are stronger then females as far as the human race goes, this will never change and if it would certainly not over the course of a decade or two/three..

your itching for feminists to just flame you with that remark

anyways, there are a fair few anime/manga that have women as the dominant sex...unfortunately stratos could have been the better type if it didn't travel down the harem path

I don't mind dominant types IF they are really dominant and the male isn't dominant for a reason like in Black Lagoon. I do mind it of it's like here. I'm talking in general here, I'll mention the exceptions at the end. They are just dominant because of some suit. Take the suit away and they are just average 15 year old teenage girls. Maybe they really are stronger than the males even without the suits, that remains to be seen. His childhood friend or sister for example, now them being stronger is something I don't mind.

His sister is older and a(n) (inter)national champion, so it makes sense that she is stronger. His childhood friend is in a kendo club so her being stronger also makes sense.

But let's not make a deal out of this. It is, as you said only the first episode so we'll have to wait and see.

About the feminist, they can say what they want.
TheUniqueReaperJan 7, 2011 3:39 AM
Jan 7, 2011 10:51 AM
Nov 2009
First thing I noticed was how a highly dangerous suit like that does not have a face mask. If we need to fucking wear helmets on bicycles I'm pretty sure we would need some sort of protection on our faces when we are flying 20 stories in the air shooting laser beams at each other.
Jan 7, 2011 5:30 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
check said:
First thing I noticed was how a highly dangerous suit like that does not have a face mask. If we need to fucking wear helmets on bicycles I'm pretty sure we would need some sort of protection on our faces when we are flying 20 stories in the air shooting laser beams at each other.

It's "advanced" technologies lol. I bet they can go in space without a mask too...

You think the fact that IS has that much more maneuverability + can shoot lasers and induce huge explosions Dragonball-style is more feasible than them not wearing any kind of masks? Lol.

Come on everyone, this is anime. You have to lax your sense of realism.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 7, 2011 7:52 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see the point of the robots at all - male or female pilots. It was said that they were not used in War or in Space research, but only for sports and entertainment. Isn't it a huge waste of money to build the robots, build a school, and teach elite kids to use the robots just for sport?
Jan 7, 2011 10:19 PM

Apr 2010
I dunno, it's probably more efficient than watching monitors form inside a cockpit. Then again it could just be for the knockers.

Jan 8, 2011 3:50 AM

Feb 2010
I personally like the idea of exoskelton sort of mechs but only if they cover the entire body. Leaving body parts exposed while shooting at each other seems pretty stupid.

But then again its a sport so maybe they arent exactly shooting live ammunition or real missiles as I cant think of a sport where the weapons your firing at your opponent have a very high chance of killing said opponent. But then there were the Romans who did this back in the Colosseum days.

Though I havent read the light novel I'm still hoping for the story to eventually have a military spin and then the IS suits get modified for military usage and become full bodied suits.
Jan 8, 2011 3:01 PM

Sep 2008
check said:

dude its a freacking scifi anime..... who cares if they are using cockpits or sunglasses for protection... and besides what will the cockpit do if u get hit by a beam/laser weapon?

look at all other mecha animes(gundam, code geass, gun x sword etc) , u get hit u blow up and die
and u don't need a cockpit to control a exoskeleton....its like an extension to your body.
Jan 8, 2011 3:17 PM

Jan 2009
Great so i wasn't the only person thinking how they could just throw out some gas and kill them all because they were not wearing any face masks. but it will make telling who is who allot easer from a view perspective...
Jan 8, 2011 7:35 PM
Feb 2009
If anyone's interested here's the trailer.

Jan 8, 2011 8:03 PM
Nov 2009
I know it's an anime but SOME common sense still applies...The whole body is covered cept the most important part, THE HEAD, COME ON. Plus it looks fucking stupid when you have your human head sticking out of a mech suit.
Jan 8, 2011 8:56 PM
Aug 2008
this anime really hitting the edges of my "suspension of disbelief" ...

The pilot doing all that maneuver, piloting that robot in battle. With no helmet?

isn't atleast they need some kind of Visor to display data in HUD to be able to aim?
or everything just auto-assisted by the CPU/Ai .....

also without helmet like that....
when they are hovering it will be fun to just get a headshot from a player in CoD or BFBC2 using M95 lol
Jan 8, 2011 8:59 PM
Aug 2008

The pilot doing all that maneuver, piloting that robot in battle. With no helmet?

isn't atleast they need some kind of Visor to display data in HUD to be able to aim?

when they are hovering it will be fun to just get a headshot from a player in CoD or BFBC2 using M95 lol

facemask/helmet/visor needed to:
- display flight data
- display battlearea data
- display formation
- targetting enemy
- knowing orientation
- communication
- and many more
Jan 8, 2011 9:00 PM
Aug 2008

- display flight data
- display formation
- targetting enemy
- knowing orientation
- communication
- and many more
Jan 8, 2011 9:05 PM
Aug 2008
tes tes?
my post keep not apearing? tes tes is this appear?

btw
yeah other anime also depending of "suspension of disbelief" to deliver its story. Like example Break Blade. But that anime success in retaining the suspension of disbelief. In IS, its suspension of disbelief has crumbled (for me)
Jan 8, 2011 9:11 PM

Sep 2008
Um, perhaps the head is uncovered so that they can see? It's a new technology. Perhaps they haven't refined it to the point that hey can both protect and provide the full range of vision needed on a battlefield. Or sports arena as the case may be. I mean, the first tank couldn't handle just about any form of terrain outside of flat dirt. A single hole in the armor hardly seems like the worst flaw a first draft could have.

I mean heck, it's a failed space suit. What do you want from it. They never even managed to get it ready for it's intended purpose, let alone the shit they're doing with it now. Count yourself lucky they were able to install a gun in that thing or the project probably would have been scrapped entirely.
Jan 9, 2011 5:13 AM

Oct 2010
Remember, the mechs are only used for games so why would they need face protection? Unless they're doing games where death is involved it is not necessay.
Jan 9, 2011 12:03 PM

Oct 2008
i've always wondered, but they don't suffer from air loss. from sudden air pressure changes? because the'yre always constantly flying around..

Jan 9, 2011 8:12 PM
Sep 2009
Helmet to display data? That's so old, they can just send data into your nervous system to view data, don't even need a helmet that affects your vision
Jan 9, 2011 9:19 PM

Sep 2008
correct me if i`m wrong but isn't the white mecha at the start of the first episode haveing a helmet/visor or whatever?

and the red one has some kind of headband(i could be mistaken)

the a look

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8616/clipboard01lm.jpg
Jan 10, 2011 9:01 AM

Feb 2010
If they do...it would be GUN-DAMNED...
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 11, 2011 3:48 AM

Aug 2009
Just my two cents but maybe they have a shield protection layer as in Sky Girls?^^
Jan 11, 2011 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
RogueAngelX said:
Remember, the mechs are only used for games so why would they need face protection? Unless they're doing games where death is involved it is not necessay.
yeah, whether for sport or for war, flying around at high altitudes without any head protection is still risky business
Jan 11, 2011 10:35 AM
Nov 2009
RogueAngelX said:

Uh, because they are shooting lasers at each other? lawl.
Jan 14, 2011 7:07 AM
May 2009
Going to have to be genetics again, or taht the penis throws the machine off balance.
Jan 14, 2011 10:58 PM

Sep 2008
So episode two answered all the complaints about impracticality. They use force fields so holes in the physical armor aren't really significant. Presumably this takes care of all the air needs as well. In lieu of a physical visor of glass or plastic it just projects info in front of their faces using holographs. Problem solved
Jan 23, 2011 4:43 PM

Oct 2010
Gangler said:
So episode two answered all the complaints about impracticality. They use force fields so holes in the physical armor aren't really significant. Presumably this takes care of all the air needs as well. In lieu of a physical visor of glass or plastic it just projects info in front of their faces using holographs. Problem solved

its smiler to an AT field in neon genesis an invisible barrier that protects the user. Once it runs out the match is over and a winner is decided. supposedly there's also an emergency barrier as well called 'perfect defense' which activates to protect the user in a life threatening situation
Jan 23, 2011 4:46 PM

Oct 2010
N0mad said:
correct me if i`m wrong but isn't the white mecha at the start of the first episode haveing a helmet/visor or whatever?

and the red one has some kind of headband(i could be mistaken)

the a look

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8616/clipboard01lm.jpg

this is one of the many different designed mechs used in the anime. i assume this is one of the bad guys later in the anime. perhaps using a helmet makes it harder to c your surroundings and this is way some mechs dont have one. it makes sense for a close combat mech with a sword to have as much high visibility as possible to help with reaction time.
Feb 9, 2011 9:08 AM

Jan 2011
JleeLinkBut then again its a sport so maybe they arent exactly shooting live ammunition or real missiles as I cant think of a sport where the weapons your firing at your opponent have a very high chance of killing said opponent. But then there were the Romans who did this back in the Colosseum days.[/quote said:

That's exactly the reason why Romans DIDN'T do it and used slaves in the Coloseum instead. Nobody would be stupid enough to risk their life like that. Even the slaves did it just because their other option was being fed to the lions... or something like that... you get the idea.
Friendly fights are always done with non-lethal weapons. See the blunt weapons knights used in the middle ages, the wooden swords in Japan, paintball nowadays...
Feb 25, 2011 5:30 AM

Feb 2008
shintai88 said:
Going to have to be genetics again, or taht the penis throws the machine off balance.
****ing chromosomes... always ruining everybody's fun

Feb 27, 2011 2:54 AM

Jul 2010
reaper_unique said:
probably.

What I don't get, how the flying fuck can only females pilote those exoskeletons ?

Shit doesn't make sence. Males are stronger then females as far as the human race goes, this will never change and if it would certainly not over the course of a decade or two/three.

In the flashback we saw astronauts, techincians etc... almost of not all male. WHY for god sackes would they make it for females only? Because they probably wouldn't start a war? Oh fuck please, females are just as bad.
orangpelupa said:

- display flight data
- display formation
- targetting enemy
- knowing orientation
- communication
- and many more

As Takagi from Bakuman, hence Ohba himself, once stated, "Why do people die when you write their names in the Death Note?How do Luffy's arms and legs stretch?Why do they die?How does one become a rubber person?There's no scientific explanation.Does manga need scientific explanation?"There, satisfied? There does not need to be an explanation for everything. Also, the only reason why the enemy IS , Silverio Gospel, had a mask, is because it's designed for military use in the U.S and Israeli military.
darthfantaFeb 27, 2011 3:01 AM

Feb 27, 2011 3:36 AM

Sep 2010
trying to find scientific logic in any mecha-style anime is useless.
all your statements can be ended with 'robots like this cannot exist in the real word anyway'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2011 3:39 AM

Jan 2010
Pretty valid reason, but they were put in settings where those things became believable.
In this world of IS, it's not that distant from our own, and this, it should follow a similar logic to ours.
In fact, there WAS a fully armored machine, meaning it DOES follow the same logic.
Having mechs like this is therefore stupid.
Feb 27, 2011 3:44 AM

Sep 2010
there would no way IS is logical for our 'close future' as you say.
just the idea of your 'robot form' just warping in from a wristband is just impossible.

i say, just enjoy the anime as it it and dont try to 'compare' it to the real world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 24, 2011

164 by Kusanagi_Shouta »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:55 AM

» Ichika’s Denseness

FiddlePie - Aug 28, 2023

17 by that_kool_kid »»
Nov 11, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 13, 2011

193 by Flaviomoe199 »»
Oct 10, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

avrc - Mar 31, 2011

292 by Nerleos »»
Apr 17, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » IS: Infinite Stratos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jan 6, 2011

270 by Tenshig2005 »»
Apr 7, 2023 3:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.