Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2010 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ah, so it's not about Madonna Cup yet! I think that's actually a good thing - cramping Madonna into two volumes would leave too much out along the way and rushing is never a good thing. This way we got to enjoy the little Odaima tournament while waiting for the big thing in the third part. Not to mention that an over 40 pages long chapter looks promising when compared to the usual 20-30 ones.

Iruka breaking the fourth wall was semi-funny, but it's kinda disturbing that 5-7 year old children would behave like that. Still, light blue wouldn't have been my first guess. ;P

Did she call him Ponta in Beach Stars too? If she did, I must have skipped it somehow... it feels weird. And stop flirting with him! He's an idiot!

It's kinda strange that Iruka and Kotomi received so little publicity after beating the apparently famous Yamagami pair during the qualifications in Kanagawa. I mean, noone recognized them until a random guy mentioned that he saw her while "looking around on the internet". It's a bit hard to believe that "professional" beach volleyball players, or people who are interested in it, wouldn't even remember the names of the pair who qualified for Madonna Cup and eliminated Kurachi from it. Especially when said match happened a month or two ago.

And for those still looking - link to the first chapter:
Dec 9, 2010 12:15 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Nice way to start up the sequel. She's gotten way more fierce then before, but I'm confused about two things.

Since when did Kyosuke gain some loli fans? and why is his nickname ponta now?
Aug 6, 2012 9:14 AM

May 2007
Finally getting around to this(thank you Olympics). Yeah this was a good way to start, hope we get to the Madonna Cup before the manga ends.
My anime list
Apr 17, 2015 6:02 PM

Nov 2011
Only 13 chapters for this sequel? I think that's only good enough for one crucial match. And Nanase sure as hell improved since her debut. Like seriously...wow.

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 25, 2022

0 by Ayako_Rose »»
Apr 25, 2022 9:17 AM

Poll: » The!! Beach Stars Chapter 12 Discussion

AlexTrusk - Jul 16, 2012

3 by FMmatron »»
Feb 10, 2020 9:07 AM

Poll: » The!! Beach Stars Chapter 11 Discussion

Robbini - Oct 30, 2011

1 by mitamaking »»
Sep 16, 2012 9:19 AM

Poll: » The!! Beach Stars Chapter 10 Discussion

Robbini - Oct 15, 2011

1 by mitamaking »»
Sep 15, 2012 9:30 AM

Poll: » The!! Beach Stars Chapter 9 Discussion

Robbini - Aug 27, 2011

1 by mitamaking »»
Sep 12, 2012 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.