Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2010 11:53 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ew. Stark lost... ._.
Nov 27, 2010 9:06 AM
Jul 2009
I can't find it on any of my usual sites :-(
Dec 1, 2010 8:35 AM

Feb 2010
O.o
Stark got completely owned.
does the Dio suit have a better reactor than the original? I forget. I just think triangle and circle XD
Dec 1, 2010 9:27 AM

Feb 2010
muhahaha iron man get pwned ;)
Dec 1, 2010 10:53 AM

Jun 2008
Stark, that was pathetic dude. Seriously you've been playing Iron Man for so long and you don't even know how to punch back?

Disappointed by the story of the other guy. So some helicopters killed his friends, why the hell is he chasing after Stark that was already not making weapons at the time and not the guy who made the helicopters?
"Weapons that people like you make killed my second family"- Yeah ok but at least chase the ones who made those specific ones and not just some other guy simply because you happen to know him.
Dec 1, 2010 11:49 AM

Apr 2010
Monad said:
Stark, that was pathetic dude. Seriously you've been playing Iron Man for so long and you don't even know how to punch back?

Disappointed by the story of the other guy. So some helicopters killed his friends, why the hell is he chasing after Stark that was already not making weapons at the time and not the guy who made the helicopters?
"Weapons that people like you make killed my second family"- Yeah ok but at least chase the ones who made those specific ones and not just some other guy simply because you happen to know him.

HAHA EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! Yinsen is a stupid character, literally.

And WTF was Stark doing... he just stood there and took the beating... fucking pussy That is not the Stark i know, this episode was enraging.
Dec 1, 2010 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
Those were some weird afgan peasant!
Dec 1, 2010 2:41 PM

Nov 2008
Stark wasn't fighting back because that would fuel Yinsen even more. Like in one of the previous episodes where he was on that island.
Yinsen wants to see him fighting, using the armor to attack.

As for Yinsen's reasoning... don't know what to think, kinda typical scenario - you/your weapons killed someone I loved - i'm going to kill ya!

But I'm quite curios now about what's going to happen. Tony without suit - interesting.
Web developers answer to pretty much any request: You tell me exactly what you want, and I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be...
Dec 1, 2010 3:45 PM

Nov 2009
Monad said:

The helicopters had STARK INDUSTRIES literally on the side of them (as retarted that looks in reality). So he is doing literally what you said; chasing after the guy who built the helicopters.

Although i was still disappointed too, but it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. Stark deserved to lose though because he has yet to make me like him.

Shit just got real! (Good 7/10)
Dec 1, 2010 5:54 PM

Oct 2008
ScarletMuse said:
O.o
Stark got completely owned.
does the Dio suit have a better reactor than the original? I forget. I just think triangle and circle XD

I'm pretty sure the Dio suit might have a stronger reactor because the Original one (Iron Man's) is also used to keep Tony alive. So Dio's doesn't have to multitask.

This is actually getting good, I haven't seen an adaptation of a comic this good in years. All American animations of series are terrible.
Dec 1, 2010 6:48 PM
May 2010
Plenty of stuff I could complain about, but it's not even worth it any more.

All I can say is that it's gotten slightly more entertaining in recent episodes... that doesn't make it any better though.
Dec 1, 2010 7:48 PM

Jan 2010
That "Sandra" girl should have brought a gun to take down those helicopters.

Other than that I can't find anything redeeming about this episode or this series as a whole.
Ok™
Dec 2, 2010 2:22 AM
Nov 2008
Complain Complain Complain Complain.................[ after 5 hours] still complain still complain still complain...........if you guys complain so foking much just stop watching it,why are you still even here after 9 episodes ? I swear I will stop reading comments regarding this anime cause all you say is fail fail fail...then GTFO

For me when it's something i just can't stand cause it's fail i drop it from episode 4 max , but i see you all at 9 ............O_O you guys pussies that don't have the courage to drop it or you actually find it entertaining but prefer saying crap or something?
Dec 2, 2010 4:25 AM
Dec 2010
Kuroda has something to do with the Zodiac, he may be the brain behind Zodiac .
Dec 2, 2010 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
mel-hime said:
Complain Complain Complain Complain.................[ after 5 hours] still complain still complain still complain...........if you guys complain so foking much just stop watching it,why are you still even here after 9 episodes ? I swear I will stop reading comments regarding this anime cause all you say is fail fail fail...then GTFO

For me when it's something i just can't stand cause it's fail i drop it from episode 4 max , but i see you all at 9 ............O_O you guys pussies that don't have the courage to drop it or you actually find it entertaining but prefer saying crap or something?

complaning != criticising?

I like the iron man franchise, loved the movies, enjoyed the comics. i hoped for the anime adaptation to be something epic, or at least very well made (c'mon a fucking collaboration between madhouse and marvel!!)

..and plainly said it just isn't. sure, it's watchable. sure, it has iron man in it. i also believe it's a good way to introduce marvel content to japanese audience.. even so - it could be so much better! you've got to admit the show has many flaws.

i still hope for the anime to get better, altough i already know it's not gonna be THE perfect adaptation. i'm gonna watch it to the end.

and talkiing about the current episode - the scenes where they didn't use cg to animate iron man were good, but overall 5/10 on the MAL-scala

Dec 5, 2010 10:29 PM

Dec 2008
mel-hime said:

Take a chill pill, that's why we have forums so people can discuss it. If everyone complains it's because no one liked it. (take a look at the forums for Naruto and Bleach, lol there everything is a complaint)

Now going back to the episode, Stark got owned twice and his building taken hostage. This should have been the ending for episode 13. xD
Dec 7, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
Monad said:

Um two things, the helicopters clearly had Stark Industries on the sides of them. And the other thing, did you not see the scene where the head of Zodiac, poisoned Yinsen's brain, with notions that Stark had not change and what not? Yinsen has been brainwashed, just as Stark suspected.
Dec 9, 2010 2:09 AM

Aug 2010
Chaos_Pheonix20 said:

Um two things, the helicopters clearly had Stark Industries on the sides of them. And the other thing, did you not see the scene where the head of Zodiac, poisoned Yinsen's brain, with notions that Stark had not change and what not? Yinsen has been brainwashed, just as Stark suspected.
Indeed, he's been brainwashed. He talks like it, too.

I still find it hard for Tony's reactor to be inferior to Dio's reactor. It's Tony who's not in the game. All this talk about weapons he created, people dying gets to him causing him to lose focus.
Dec 26, 2010 4:29 PM
Nov 2009
On to the next, didn't expect stark to get owned by his own creation....
Dec 29, 2010 3:05 AM

Oct 2009
Meh the script is pretty bad ._.
I am pretty sure Kuroda is Zodiac >_>
Jan 22, 2011 2:34 AM

Feb 2010
Yinsen sucks as an antagonist. If you throw a man off a cliff and you want him dead, shoot him in the head first if there is the slightest chance of him surviving the fall.
Sep 18, 2011 2:09 PM

Aug 2010
I acually liked this episode a lot. It may be one of my favorites so far. The musical score is really good, and the fights are getting better. I'm actually hyped for the next episode.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Aug 9, 2012 1:28 AM

Jul 2008
Oh Yinsen....you idiot.
Dec 18, 2012 2:51 PM

Dec 2007
This is really stupid. Yinsen things Stark is using his suit for his own personal gain, so he uses his suit to kill innocent people and the SDF. It's because his crush was killed by some missiles. It's basically another revenge plot. I've seen it too many times. If they wanted an original story, they didn't accomplish their task.
Dec 24, 2012 6:28 PM

Jun 2010
Where does Yinsen's flashback occur? This series takes a lot of cues from the movie, where Stark's life-changing travails occur in Afghanistan, and some things here fit with that (bandits with RPGs, semi-arid landscape), but if that were the case, how come there are people named "Sandra" and "Oliver" there?

I think they just didn't bother to find out what Afghans might be named, nor what an Afghan wedding might look like. Pretty lazy.
Jan 11, 2014 4:20 PM

Jun 2009
Yensin, Yensin... If you wanted him dead, you should have shot him with a beam as he was falling.

The fight was pretty good. I understand why he didn't want to fight.

*sigh* This could have been so much better but it's getting way too cliched.
Dec 30, 2014 6:58 PM

Aug 2013
This episode reminded me a lot of a certain revenge plotline from "Naruto".
Feb 17, 2016 4:53 PM

May 2012
Damn Stark! Great development, let's see what's next!
Dec 4, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2019
Oh wow, he lost. The fight scenes were pathetic, too much talk and too little action, especially on Tony's part.
Oct 7, 2023 5:15 PM
Jan 2017
I'm hoping that the main reason for yinsen's revenge is a bit more clear in the following episodes, because it's kind of dumb here. I would like to think that yinsen is smart enough not to know that the person that made the gun, isn't directly responsible for killing his friends and family.

I understand that the helicopters were from Stark Industries, but to insinuate that its Tony Stark that caused everything bad that has happen to him is pretty stupid. I saw a scene where he his getting fed misinformation, but I don't see exactly why he would believe it.

Otherwise, I'd give this a 2/5, I really REALLY hope it's not his own mind doing this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanade-chan - Oct 8, 2010

76 by Redhairedmonkey »»
Oct 12, 2023 11:04 AM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 12 Discussion

A2ZOMG - Dec 26, 2010

44 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 8:31 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 11 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Dec 13, 2010

22 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 10 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Dec 4, 2010

18 by littlefrank103 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Iron Man Episode 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Nov 21, 2010

27 by littlefrank103 »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.