Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2010 11:47 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shadow arc started. Ryuuji's sis is kidnapped :/
Jan 13, 2011 4:48 AM

Aug 2009
Subs are out. This was pretty good. Looking to be the best season so far.
Aug 4, 2017 3:31 AM

Dec 2015
Game of Death, the manga?

So, the clan is a banned boxing school, nice "legend" here. And now that we learned that Sôsui is Kenzaki's brother, this is promising.
The new formula tried with this chapter makes a good renewal before it goes back to "traditional" boxing with the world tournament. And it will be a perfect occasion to see each character demonstrating his fully developed "super blow".

Overall, the change to OAV format offers better looking drawings but the new charadesign looks very weird, look at Ryûji's face ! Kiku's nose ! Roku's eyes ! (though thanks for including him at last).
I'm not sure what to expect animation-wise. There were far too many "action lines", so many screens full of that alone to express movement. Kurumada has a rpretty static style for action but I wonder why they downgraded the anime from what had been done in previous series to this.

It was funny to discover that Kurumada's first ever ennemy territory's invasion story was an unashamed copy of a Bruce Lee movie.

4/5 I guess I won't get more Kiku here. Princess to rescue is not a role befitting to her.

Ryûji helped by RPG-like equipment is scary. XD
Rei_IIIAug 4, 2017 3:39 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1: Kage Dou-hen Episode 6 Discussion

Rei_III - Aug 5, 2019

0 by Rei_III »»
Aug 5, 2019 5:44 AM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1: Kage Dou-hen Episode 5 Discussion

Rei_III - Aug 5, 2019

0 by Rei_III »»
Aug 5, 2019 5:38 AM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1: Kage Dou Hen Episode 4 Discussion

Kanade-chan - Nov 26, 2010

1 by Rei_III »»
Aug 5, 2019 3:48 AM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1: Kage Dou Hen Episode 3 Discussion

2 by Rei_III »»
Aug 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Poll: » Ring ni Kakero 1: Kage Dou Hen Episode 2 Discussion

1 by Rei_III »»
Aug 4, 2017 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.