Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 116 117 [118] 119 120 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2012
AD is definitely way better on her than AS items. She's more of a burst champ than a duel champ, and BOTRK is way too expensive anyway for how squishy she is without some kind of tank item.

Warriors enchant into a brutalizer/hexdrinker is the best option unless you're behind, then it's Warriors enchant into tank immediately.

Anyway

This champ rolls people lmao

She's SOOOOOOOO fucking fun too.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Dec 12, 2014 7:22 PM

Jun 2011
Does no one play her top? lol.
Dec 12, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2014
Anyone here know a good site that provide great tutorials on certain heroes?

PROFILE | ANIMELIST | MANGALIST | 𝓵𝓸𝓵𝓵𝔂𝓰𝓪𝓰𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓰

Dec 12, 2014 11:21 PM

Jun 2011
Ahkrin said:
Anyone here know a good site that provide great tutorials on certain heroes?

mobafire
lolking
lolpro
solomid
Dec 12, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2012
How's it going everyone? Haven't been in this thread in monthes.

Either way, I haven't been playing much recently, but is it just me or is Fiora stronger than ever right now?
Dec 13, 2014 12:24 AM

May 2014
Ign : Arzuros

Well to be honest I am not level 30 there xD
My Main? Not sure... Have to test out alot champs which I enjoy to play with
Dec 13, 2014 8:06 AM

Dec 2011
Rivayne said:

Either way, I haven't been playing much recently, but is it just me or is Fiora stronger than ever right now?
Her splitpush was buffed (either 1v1 or 1v2) but her teamfight was nerfed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2014 11:44 AM

Apr 2012
xJapaliicious said:
Rivayne said:

Her splitpush was buffed (either 1v1 or 1v2) but her teamfight was nerfed.
I really hope she gets nerfed to shittier until she gets reworked, she doesn't feel like a duelist, just annoying to deal with and is probably the most annoying assassin I've dealt with,
Dec 15, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
Who could tell me how to take SS of loading screen? Because Print-screen gives me totally black screen and F12 gives nothing at all :
Dec 15, 2014 11:41 AM

Jan 2014
Just few days ago get into diamond... Maining graves, lucian, chorki right now.
Janna needs nerfs so bad...

GeoPrey said:
Who could tell me how to take SS of loading screen? Because Print-screen gives me totally black screen and F12 gives nothing at all :

Hmm, dunno alt + print-screen doesnt work?
Dec 15, 2014 11:46 AM

Jul 2014
Yohimo_asakura said:
Just few days ago get into diamond... Maining graves, lucian, chorki right now.
Janna needs nerfs so bad...

GeoPrey said:

Hmm, dunno alt + print-screen doesnt work?

I didn't tried this one. Actually Borderless setting helps, but then I lose ~50fps in game :|
Dec 15, 2014 3:47 PM

Dec 2011
Brazil got Challenger Circuit, and my team stopped working last month...
Yay!...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 4:44 AM

Dec 2011
Time to spam Galio in the Poro Mode
Dec 17, 2014 7:53 AM

Dec 2013
xJapaliicious said:
Yay!...

Serio?

Anyways, just getting back into league, decayed from plat 5 to gold 2, working back up but..............well sucky teams and i'm so out of form =/

I like the new jungle changes, still having to remember that i can smite champions now, but for the most part i like it. Some things i noticed:

- The new jungle camps hurt, A LOT, up until level 10+ or you finish one maybe even two items most jungle camps actually chunk you down quite a bit
- Wraith for ganking, Golem for jungle clears, Wolves for jungle vision
- Most people only use the purple jungle item(don't recall name)
- Dragon > Baron?, it seems like the priority has shifted from a 20 minute baron to getting the 5th dragon buff
-You can still do Blue > Wolves > Red > top lane gank before 3 minutes, it seems like most people don't do this, rather do Blue > wolves > recall > Red > top, so i've been getting crazy success with early top lane ganks

Overall i think it's still the same jungle, just need more pots or to leash correctly
Dec 17, 2014 11:30 AM

Jul 2014
So...yeah...rito finally took my RAF content away... :|
yea, I cheated, but it still makes me sad :(
Dec 17, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2011
euphoriia said:
xJapaliicious said:
Yay!...

Serio?
:c

What do you guys think about the new runes system?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/rune-combiner-t1/t2-runes
Dec 19, 2014 3:14 AM

May 2012
xJapaliicious said:
euphoriia said:

Serio?
:c

What do you guys think about the new runes system?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/gameplay/rune-combiner-t1/t2-runes

Glad they're finally doing something, but there were loads of better ideas the community had for them and the direction they went in is just a small improvement.
Dec 19, 2014 4:27 AM
Jul 2014
Orianna is fun.
Dec 21, 2014 4:59 PM
Sep 2013
Do you guys minimize your huds? I've been told that it seems to be much better for visibility while playing but I'm not sure if the change is that great.
Dec 21, 2014 6:46 PM

Jun 2011
Azaheth said:
Do you guys minimize your huds? I've been told that it seems to be much better for visibility while playing but I'm not sure if the change is that great.

yeah i have my ui at like 30% on everything except chat.
Dec 21, 2014 6:49 PM

Jun 2011
Azaheth said:

I minimize most things to around 50% except the mini map.

Dec 21, 2014 6:58 PM

Jun 2011
SolBlade said:
Azaheth said:

I minimize most things to around 50% except the mini map.

i keep my minimap small cuz i keep accidentally clicking on it lmao.
Dec 22, 2014 6:32 AM

Jul 2014
You can minimize that stuff? :O :D
Dec 23, 2014 2:45 AM

Oct 2013
Madara said:
Orianna is fun.

I shit on every Ori I see, inb4 an Ahri D5 main.
Dec 25, 2014 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
I just tried out Quinn (since she's free) and she's really fun. So far, I've played her both top and jungle. I'm surprised I haven't tried her out sooner. Might consider getting her after the week is over. Anyone know a good build/setup for her?

Dec 25, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2011
Hai guys, I play and stream twitch.tv/suguha_

or come join my club here that I also run :) : http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=63891

Pleased to meet all of you ^_^
Dec 25, 2014 2:33 PM

Jun 2011
SolBlade said:
I just tried out Quinn (since she's free) and she's really fun. So far, I've played her both top and jungle. I'm surprised I haven't tried her out sooner. Might consider getting her after the week is over. Anyone know a good build/setup for her?

I usually just get BORK > Lucidity > Shiv > LW > Maw/Scimi/BT> GA/Rands/Banshees

5% CDR masteries and 5% scaling CDR blues.

Lots of AD isn't really worth on her unless you're playing her as ADC.
Dec 25, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 2013
I play but mostly mid or support unless im forced to do otherwise. If you wanna play ever, add me: Mikan Tsumiki
Dec 26, 2014 4:21 PM

Sep 2012

It's pretty depressing when you have a match history that looks like this, double digit kills on every game you've actually tried even a little, incredibly close to Diamond 1/Masters once again, and then your role gets stolen and they feed to all hell, and then to make it even worse, you get blamed for it because you're supporting him.

"BUT YOU'RE NOT WARDING DSAJMNFIKSAMN" yea well he's always dead, practically tickles with his autos, and I have no gold, so what's the point?

I hate the rotten, brain-dead teenagers that plague the internet. I really do.
KorrvoDec 26, 2014 4:24 PM
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Dec 26, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2011
Korrvo said:

It's pretty depressing when you have a match history that looks like this, double digit kills on every game you've actually tried even a little, incredibly close to Diamond 1/Masters once again, and then your role gets stolen and they feed to all hell, and then to make it even worse, you get blamed for it because you're supporting him.

"BUT YOU'RE NOT WARDING DSAJMNFIKSAMN" yea well he's always dead, practically tickles with his autos, and I have no gold, so what's the point?

I hate the rotten, brain-dead teenagers that plague the internet. I really do.

Join the club, I've basically quit this game on my main and only smurf now so then when some little baby decides to afk or something I don't care xd

Riot claims they do so much to prevent things like this but the ones who end up getting suspended are the good people like you in your situation, cause god forbid you respond with 1 comment back to 4 people raging on you for 20 minutes and you will be the one who gets 14 day'd, not the trash who actually deserve it.

the environment in this game is so unbelievably bad I wonder why I still play sometimes but I'm like an abused spouse and keep going back for more :P
Dec 26, 2014 5:04 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty much. Doesn't matter how much sense you make, being outnumbered will be the death of you.

I mean, I wouldn't even be all that mad if these damn people could come up with phrases of their own for a change, but I swear all the teenies of League have basically just turned into mockingbirds of each other, using the same brainless phrases over and over again with little to 0 thought put into them whatsoever.

If ya gonna fight me, do it right! Use your brain ಠ_ಠ

But I guess that's too much to ask of these kind of people, isn't it?

I legitimately makes you wonder where all the smart people in the world are right now, cause they aren't around here.
Dec 26, 2014 5:17 PM

Oct 2011
I ask myself that same question every single time I queue solo q ranked lol

but people who have an IQ of under 50 tend to band together, you could be the only one doing relatively well in the game and when it's time to pick a target or start crying report "so and so" in all chat your name will probably arise.
Dec 26, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2011
Ambient_ said:
SolBlade said:

I usually just get BORK > Lucidity > Shiv > LW > Maw/Scimi/BT> GA/Rands/Banshees

5% CDR masteries and 5% scaling CDR blues.

Lots of AD isn't really worth on her unless you're playing her as ADC.

Alright. Thanks!
So she's basically more of an assassin than an ADC, right? Since her kit does seem to lean that way (especially her E and R). Also, tormenting melee top laners with Quinn feels evil... for once I'm not on the receiving end XD
SolosDec 26, 2014 9:23 PM

Dec 26, 2014 9:51 PM

Sep 2012
I would not go BOTRK on Quinn. I would build her as a standard ADC, IE + zerks + Shiv into LW + BT.

She's a marskman /that's capable of assassinating/ because of her move-speed and great dueling potential, just like Vayne, but the only reason you get BOTRK on Vayne first is because of the attack speed that procs silver bolts, and because she has an AD steroid of her own.

Quinn on the other hand has an AS steroid and both an ability and a passive that scales of AD, which means she scales far better with the regular marksman build than she would a BOTRK.

BOTRK is essentially a gimmick on her and that's it. It emphasizes one part that she's already good at and neglects everything else. It's a horrible first item on her.

Ambient_ has a creative build but unfortunately it's pretty impractical. You'd be gimping yourself.
Dec 26, 2014 11:13 PM

Jun 2011
-Quinn has HORRID ratios. The extra AD that you get from IE+BT over BORK+Maw gives you a WHOPPING... 27 extra damage on Q, 20 damage on her passive, and 42 damage on Skystrike. Not to mention she has an non-combative W and an E with a joke of a ratio.
-Because Quinn has such a strong AS steroid is why BORK is a good item on her. %currentHP damage at 2.1 attack speed can't be just dismissed, especially with an execute.
-Rushing a BF sword is incredibly difficult in mid lane and BORK is overall a much better first item for dueling, not to mention 600g cheaper with easier components.
-Rank 1 Tag Team is incredibly weak because you have no AS from W yet. BORK's AS compensates for that and enables you to use Tag Team for more than just REQR.
-BORK's passive+active is guaranteed burst, whereas IE relies on crits. Jumping in to assassinate only to not get enough crits can get you killed without finishing your target.
-I would rather the defensive stats of Maw/BT than the excessive damage on IE
-Getting BORK enables me to get 25% CDR without sacrificing AS.
Dec 26, 2014 11:53 PM

Sep 2012
Ambient_ said:
-Quinn has HORRID ratios. The extra AD that you get from IE+BT over BORK+Maw gives you a WHOPPING... 27 extra damage on Q, 20 damage on her passive, and 42 damage on Skystrike. Not to mention she has an non-combative W and an E with a joke of a ratio.
You realize what warped logic that is right? Considering BOTRK + Maw both give AD, while the AD from IE + Shiv comes only from the IE.

So two items put together aren't even as good as one item, let alone when that item is synergized with a shiv and other ADC items because of crit chance.

Are you arguing for me or against me? It's not hard to see which is the obvious choice here unless you are that obsessed with the gimmicks that come with BOTRK + Maw, which are are incredibly niche.

-Because Quinn has such a strong AS steroid is why BORK is a good item on her. %currentHP damage at 2.1 attack speed can't be just dismissed, especially with an execute.
That's not a good enough reasoning to go over an actual marksman build. Not only is the BOTRK damage not even significant anyway unless you're vs high-health targets, but an on-hit build will never even begin to compare to a proper ADC build vs any target ever, no matter how cool it looks when jotted down on paper.

Especially once you start hitting late game, where your damage multiplies with a marksman build in comparison to on-hit which is only additive by comparison.

You are essentially just being blindsided by gimmicks that she doesn't need.

-Rushing a BF sword is incredibly difficult in mid lane and BORK is overall a much better first item for dueling, not to mention 600g cheaper with easier components.
Rushing a BF sword is not difficult in the slightest. Mid laners frequently have to put off for buying their 1600 gold Needlesly Large Rod, why is your 1550 BF sword any harder than that? Hell, it's easier.

Perhaps you should work on your CSing ability to get that much needed gold? Lane dominance isn't as meaningful if you forget to CS properly, after all.

And I already said if you're itemizing for dueling then you're essentially turning yourself into a one-trick pony when you could be so much more. You are not Zed, you are a marskman with assassination potential. Focusing only on that potential is gimping yourself to everything else you could be doing, and a lot of the times, it is completely overkill anyway.

-Rank 1 Tag Team is incredibly weak because you have no AS from W yet. BORK's AS compensates for that and enables you to use Tag Team for more than just REQR.
I'm pretty sure that's usually all you want to use it for early game anyway. There's no reason to go bird early game other than for the ulti speed and the REQR burst.

-BORK's passive+active is guaranteed burst, whereas IE relies on crits. Jumping in to assassinate only to not get enough crits can get you killed without finishing your target.
>assassinate

I'm starting to see the problem here.

-I would rather the defensive stats of Maw/BT than the excessive damage on IE
Did you really just say excessive damage? As a marksman?

Did you confuse your champ for a bruiser now? I'm honestly confused what you think Quinn is, because it does not match up with what she actually is.

-Getting BORK enables me to get 25% CDR without sacrificing AS.
You realize how little of an accomplishment that is in comparison to everything else you're losing, right? Quinn's scaling with CDR is so minor that it's not even worth mentioning. Why you continue to gimp yourself and not go for zerkers is beyond me.

Look, if you want to gimp yourself then that's fine, I don't really care, but spouting bullshit when you don't know what you're talking about is silly, let alone arguing with me about it, of all people here.

That's the kinda shitty trick2g disrespect that ends up getting you killed for no reason. Show me some respect dawg.
KorrvoDec 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Dec 27, 2014 2:19 AM

Jun 2011
Korrvo said:
You realize what warped logic that is right? Considering BOTRK + Maw both give AD, while the AD from IE + Shiv comes only from the IE.
So two items put together aren't even as good as one item, let alone when that item is synergized with a shiv and other ADC items because of crit chance.
Are you arguing for me or against me? It's not hard to see which is the obvious choice here unless you are that obsessed with the gimmicks that come with BOTRK + Maw, which are are incredibly niche.

umm... read again. I said IE+BT not IE+Shiv.

That's not a good enough reasoning to go over an actual marksman build. Not only is the BOTRK damage not even significant anyway unless you're vs high-health targets, but an on-hit build will never even begin to compare to a proper ADC build vs any target ever, no matter how cool it looks when jotted down on paper.
Especially once you start hitting late game, where your damage multiplies with a marksman build in comparison to on-hit which is only additive by comparison.
You are essentially just being blindsided by gimmicks that she doesn't need.

You say it’s insignificant, and yet I find myself falling short of killing someone many of the times I use IE+BT. Don't forget that BORK also has the nuke component.

And I already said if you're itemizing for dueling then you're essentially turning yourself into a one-trick pony when you could be so much more. You are not Zed, you are a marskman with assassination potential. Focusing only on that potential is gimping yourself to everything else you could be doing, and a lot of the times, it is completely overkill anyway.

You make it sound like going this route makes Quinn suddenly terrible at being a marksman. -Newflash- you still do more than enough DPS outside of your ult rotation. And I've already said that this is for Quinn mid, which means that we already have a dedicated ADC. I'd rather do my job right in turning the fight into a 5v4 and then providing DPS, than try to buff her subpar aspect as a marksman.

I'm pretty sure that's usually all you want to use it for early game anyway. There's no reason to go bird early game other than for the ulti speed and the REQR burst.

I'd rather my ult not be just a 150 damage gapcloser when its capable of more. Part of the reason why I max W second.

Did you really just say excessive damage? As a marksman?
Did you confuse your champ for a bruiser now? I'm honestly confused what you think Quinn is, because it does not match up with what she actually is.

IE isn't necessary to 100-0 a squishy. Quinn has 525 range, an escape that has you flying in a straight line towards the enemy, and an ulti that makes you melee. I'd take the defensive stats.

But hey, if I’m snowballing then IE would be a fine option.

You realize how little of an accomplishment that is in comparison to everything else you're losing, right? Quinn's scaling with CDR is so minor that it's not even worth mentioning. Why you continue to gimp yourself and not go for zerkers is beyond me.

5% less starting attack speed and 4 less MR is something I can live with. I can get zerkers any time I want, I just prefer the CDR. Heck I prefer mercs over zerks. If you want zerkers, go for it.

22%~ CDR at level 8 is extremely noticeable since Tag Team has 140 sec CD at level 1. Many times the enemy mid laner has his ult up and I don't. The CDR reduces that window. And it also helps me roam much more. Quinn is strongest early-mid game, might as well capitalize on that and get as many tools to snowball.

Look, if you want to gimp yourself then that's fine, I don't really care, but spouting bullshit when you don't know what you're talking about is silly, let alone arguing with me about it, of all people here.

That's the kinda shitty trick2g disrespect that ends up getting you killed for no reason. Show me some respect dawg.

The only difference between my build and WhatTheMoose's build is that he gets Cleaver instead of Maw/etc and he -usually- gets zerks over lucidity, and he is D1 on three accounts last time I checked.

The top 10 Quinn players in the world all get BORK.

And look, almost all the 'pros' get BORK too.

But no, we are all gimping ourselves because you think different.

Btw, I have 700+ games on Quinn.
Dec 27, 2014 2:32 AM

Nov 2014
Is Quinn ADC viable ? I can't see her somewhere else than in a solo lane.
Dec 27, 2014 2:43 AM

Jun 2011
KawaiiWeeabz said:

She's fine in any lane.
Dec 27, 2014 3:22 AM

Oct 2011
KawaiiWeeabz said:

not really lol

I would play her adc before anything else tho tbh, when you try take her top and factor in her blind all she really is, is an even more garbage teemo lol

least you can bait shrooms on teemo and still win games xd

she is fun though every now and then I will admit :P
Ahri-Dec 27, 2014 3:27 AM
Dec 27, 2014 4:07 AM

Nov 2014
Ambient_ said:
KawaiiWeeabz said:

She's fine in any lane.

I'm not good enough with her then, in low plat when i take her bot i get roflstomped by the enemy adc xD. I'm fine top though (I don't play her mid since i only take Ahri/Yas here).

Solvanas said:
KawaiiWeeabz said:

not really lol

I would play her adc before anything else tho tbh, when you try take her top and factor in her blind all she really is, is an even more garbage teemo lol

Yep x).

You guys play with Flash/Ignite, Flash/TP or Flash/Heal when you take her top ?
Dec 27, 2014 10:21 AM

Sep 2012
MISREADS

You say it’s insignificant, and yet I find myself falling short of killing someone many of the times I use IE+BT. Don't forget that BORK also has the nuke component.
Why on earth are you getting a BT instead of a Shiv or even a phantom dancer....

Cmon... That's actually awful. You need the attackspeed and crit from shiv if you wanna be useful.

You make it sound like going this route makes Quinn suddenly terrible at being a marksman. -Newflash- you still do more than enough DPS outside of your ult rotation. And I've already said that this is for Quinn mid, which means that we already have a dedicated ADC. I'd rather do my job right in turning the fight into a 5v4 and then providing DPS, than try to buff her subpar aspect as a marksman.
Just because you are doing damage does not mean you are doing the damage you should be.

It doesn't even matter if you already have a "dedicated ADC", you are still a same champ with the same abilities no matter HOW you build her, whether or not you choose to be useful with a proper build or not is up to you though.

(btw they're nothing "dedicated" about an ADC. Having multiple ADCs on one team is very viable and is done quite frequently, but whether or not it works is up to the comp)

And there is nothing sub-par about her being a marskman. When I do play her, I play bot lane and I frequently dominate each and every time. Yes, she's an ADC that has a large emphasis on utility and dueling power, No, that does not mean you should pretend that you shouldn't build for proper damage.

It's like when people say Ezreal is a horrible champion because people go that garbage blue build on him; people forget what he's really like when he builds correctly and used by someone that actually knows him and how to play him.

IE isn't necessary to 100-0 a squishy. Quinn has 525 range, an escape that has you flying in a straight line towards the enemy, and an ulti that makes you melee. I'd take the defensive stats.

But hey, if I’m snowballing then IE would be a fine option.
Pretty sure the tiny little shield and MR from maw does not qualify as defensive stats that make the loss of damage worth it.

Not even sure why on earth you'd need defensive stats when Quinn's kit is made for dueling in the first place unless you're really bad at picking your battles.

The only difference between my build and WhatTheMoose's build is that he gets Cleaver instead of Maw/etc and he -usually- gets zerks over lucidity, and he is D1 on three accounts last time I checked.

The top 10 Quinn players in the world all get BORK.

And look, almost all the 'pros' get BORK too.

But no, we are all gimping ourselves because you think different.

Btw, I have 700+ games on Quinn.
Okay lemme clarify because I was like half-asleep last night.

BOTRK is not a bad item on her, I was too focused on the rest of your build and just used your use of BOTRK as my target of hatred for some reason.

If you want BOTRK then whatever, fine. For solo lane quinn, that's actually a pretty good replacement for the lifesteal item you'd eventually get as a bot laner, but I play her bot so I'd never get that item first unless I'm playing Vayne or Twitch.

What sets me off is the rest of your build. The unnecessary CDR, the useless Maw, the horrible scaling. It's so damn inefficient because you want these gimmicks that she absolutely does not need, and then refer to proper damage as something that's "not necessary". That's laughable.

"But I'm not the ADC" but yes that's actually exactly what you are, no matter how you choose to build her or what lane you go. Whether or not you want to build properly is up to you, but your identity crisis will not save you from what your champ actually is.

Oh yeah and I don't care how many games you have on her. People can play this game for years and have sub-par game knowledge, so numbers mean little to me. I can probably play her even better than you can anyway, and I've played her like maybe 15~ times.

Cause when I do play her then this happens.
KorrvoDec 27, 2014 10:26 AM
Dec 27, 2014 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
Solvanas said:

not really lol

Honestly I think she's a pretty good champ. The only reason people haven't picked up on her is because people are crap at her (and the koreans used to try shit like bruiser quinn with a sunfire cape and shit like that and it was GOD AWFUL LOL), but she is a master of solo queue in any role. Her ulti actually makes her broken if you know when to pop it and what to use it on.

I think more people would pick up on her if people started building to scale more instead of emphasizing her dueling aspect with anything more than just a BOTRK.

I do well with her pretty much every time I play her. I'm honestly not sure why I don't play her more.
KorrvoDec 27, 2014 10:31 AM
Dec 27, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
KawaiiWeeabz said:
Ambient_ said:

She's fine in any lane.

I'm not good enough with her then, in low plat when i take her bot i get roflstomped by the enemy adc xD. I'm fine top though (I don't play her mid since i only take Ahri/Yas here).

Solvanas said:

not really lol

Yep x).

You guys play with Flash/Ignite, Flash/TP or Flash/Heal when you take her top ?

Oh I wouldn't ever actually play her top, but I know when I teemo top I go flash ignite so I would probably do the same for quinn.

Korrvo said:
Solvanas said:

not really lol

Honestly I think she's a pretty good champ. The only reason people haven't picked up on her is because people are crap at her (and the koreans used to try shit like bruiser quinn with a sunfire cape and shit like that and it was GOD AWFUL LOL), but she is a master of solo queue in any role. Her ulti actually makes her broken if you know when to pop it and what to use it on.

I think more people would pick up on her if people started building to scale more instead of emphasizing her dueling aspect with anything more than just a BOTRK.

I do well with her pretty much every time I play her. I'm honestly not sure why I don't play her more.

I think shes fun but I would never play her looking to climb elo's, it is true late game she is the master of 1v1's, if your fed enough no one on the enemy team should be able to out 1v1 you, but with her horrible range at that point all you can do is split push and hope to 1v1

and let's be honest split pushing in solo q usually doesn't work b/c almost regardless of the elo unless masters-challenger your team is probably going to go die 4v5 like 10x resulting in you losing the game xd or vice versa, enemy team will begin sending 2 to come kill you over and over and your team will fail to engage or get any objectives when it's 4v3 lol
Dec 28, 2014 7:03 AM

Jun 2011
Korrvo said:
Ambient_ said:
MISREADS

Why on earth are you getting a BT instead of a Shiv or even a phantom dancer....

Cmon... That's actually awful. You need the attackspeed and crit from shiv if you wanna be useful.

I don't know if you're trying to irritate me, but ofc I don't mean two item IE+BT. I mean full item IE/SS/LW/BT. I just omitted SS and LW because they're common between both builds.

Just because you are doing damage does not mean you are doing the damage you should be.

As far as I'm concerned, I’ve done my job by eliminating one of their carries, and any DPS afterwards is a bonus, which Quinn does far better than other assassins.

And there is nothing sub-par about her being a marskman. When I do play her, I play bot lane and I frequently dominate each and every time. Yes, she's an ADC that has a large emphasis on utility and dueling power, No, that does not mean you should pretend that you shouldn't build for proper damage.

-An unreliable passive that’s otherwise on a 8+ sec CD
-All your steroids tied to that unreliable passive
-A situational and risky repositioning skill
-Low range without the in-combat mobility to support it
-Probably the longest AA windup of any ADC
-An ult that makes you melee

Do I need to say more? I’m not saying she’s particularly bad as an ADC, but there’s clearly many things that’s holding her back…

Also “each and every time” out of 15 games isn’t saying much.

Pretty sure the tiny little shield and MR from maw does not qualify as defensive stats that make the loss of damage worth it.

Not even sure why on earth you'd need defensive stats when Quinn's kit is made for dueling in the first place unless you're really bad at picking your battles.

That’s weird since Maw has saved me numerous times and it enables me to rush hexdrinker against hard AP matchups. And when paired with GA, the shield alone becomes 800~ hp worth. Idk how that is tiny. I’ve literally face tanked whole Syndra combos with just hexdrinker and mercs.

Okay lemme clarify because I was like half-asleep last night.

BOTRK is not a bad item on her, I was too focused on the rest of your build and just used your use of BOTRK as my target of hatred for some reason.

If you want BOTRK then whatever, fine. For solo lane quinn, that's actually a pretty good replacement for the lifesteal item you'd eventually get as a bot laner, but I play her bot so I'd never get that item first unless I'm playing Vayne or Twitch.

Idk about that man, seems like you were targetting bork long before the rest of my build:

Korrvo said:
BOTRK is essentially a gimmick on her and that's it. It emphasizes one part that she's already good at and neglects everything else. It's a horrible first item on her.

What sets me off is the rest of your build. The unnecessary CDR, the useless Maw, the horrible scaling. It's so damn inefficient because you want these gimmicks that she absolutely does not need, and then refer to proper damage as something that's "not necessary". That's laughable.

I like how you impose your views from the lens of a bot laner as if that’s the end-all-and-be-all. As a mid laner, I want to be continuously making plays on the map, not farming up a storm like in bot lane. That’s why I get the CDR. And apparently Maw is useless in a lane where 80% of your opponents are probably gonna be AP. Thank you, today I learnt something.

Please stop thinking as if bot lane is the only lane where Quinn is played at.

"But I'm not the ADC" but yes that's actually exactly what you are, no matter how you choose to build her or what lane you go. Whether or not you want to build properly is up to you, but your identity crisis will not save you from what your champ actually is.

Identity crisis? There’s a reason why at least 80% of people who play Quinn outside of Free Week has moved from bot lane into solo lanes as a ranged assassin. The only people I’ve seen build IE-BT on her are you, WildTurtle and maybe 3 other people. And don’t think IE-BT is some undiscovered build that will immediately propel her to into viability. Because even Wildturtle still thinks Quinn is subpar despite him always going IE-BT.

And just to add, my first 200 games with Quinn I strictly used IE-BT. I moved away from that eventually since I realized that other builds were more effective on her. And this was when BT was considered “OP”.
Oh yeah and I don't care how many games you have on her. People can play this game for years and have sub-par game knowledge, so numbers mean little to me. I can probably play her even better than you can anyway, and I've played her like maybe 15~ times.

Cause when I do play her then this happens.

……..so? Quinn is a snowball champion so numbers like that are very common. I’ve had plenty of games where I got over 25 kills and sub 5 deaths.

15 games, really? I was honestly expecting more given how confident you are. I won my first 15 games as Fiora, does that mean I’m an expert with her too? Play at least 100 games with her before you talk as if your word is gospel, especially since your build (and well mine too) is clearly not the norm.

Want a unanimously embraced build?

BORK > Zerks > GB > LW > IE > GA

This build is used in every lane, yes even bot lane too.
Revenant_Dec 28, 2014 7:28 AM
Dec 28, 2014 1:25 PM

Sep 2012
yea man whatever, I'm an ass for trying to argue, it don't really matter

I told myself I wouldn't get into these long ass forum arguments again and I did anyway ffs

mb much regret
Dec 28, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
Korrvo said:
yea man whatever, I'm an ass for trying to argue, it don't really matter

I told myself I wouldn't get into these long ass forum arguments again and I did anyway ffs
I remember you saying that when you had around 3k posts... LOL XD

For argument's sake, my Challenger friends says that Top then Mid are ok, ADC sucks. Go full arpen, with Youmu>LW>BC and one-shot all day.
Dec 28, 2014 1:31 PM

Sep 2012
Maining support because saying 'fill' usually leads to playing support haha ^-^
(Not that I mind)
Dec 28, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2011
JolandaLIFE said:
Maining support because saying 'fill' usually leads to playing support haha ^-^
(Not that I mind)

wow rip, my elo people usually call and sometimes fight over support xd
Dec 28, 2014 6:21 PM

Jun 2011
I usually play top or jungle, which are rarely taken for whatever reason (particularly jungle). I've picked up quite a few junglers as a result, especially Rengar and J4. Most people in my elo tend to fight over mid and ADC for whatever reason.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (198) « First ... « 116 117 [118] 119 120 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What was the very first video game you ever played? As well your first game console?

Kazeninjaryu1 - May 5

18 by Coaghim »»
5 hours ago

» GTA V vs GTA IV

tectacles - May 2

13 by Euroqean »»
7 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - 11 hours ago

6 by Otakupervert890 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Nintendo the rising king of console industry!?

rohan121 - 11 hours ago

4 by Maumuu »»
10 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

13 by MalchikRepaid »»
Today, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.