Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 8, 2010 3:33 PM

Sep 2010
Thinking of getting it, what do you guys think of it?
Oct 8, 2010 4:19 PM

Mar 2009
It's my second favorite DMC game, although it has nothing on 3. It's got stupid stuff like backtracking and a wonky camera, but the combat is as smooth and fluid and fun as ever.
Oct 8, 2010 4:31 PM

Jul 2009
GoodEnoughForMe said:
It's my second favorite DMC game, although it has nothing on 3. It's got stupid stuff like backtracking and a wonky camera, but the combat is as smooth and fluid and fun as ever.

pretty much this
Oct 8, 2010 9:20 PM

Jun 2009
Get it! it was good for some game sit down. You play with Nero and Dante, that being said they are backtracking that gets somewhat annoying, Dante have to do the same thing Nero did at the beginning of the game and not to spoil but when you get the game (which you should) lvl 19 you will see. That being the only thing really bad with the game, every thing is pretty good and highly enjoyable. I say get it.
Oct 9, 2010 3:27 AM

May 2008
Better than DMC 1 & 2, not even half as good as DMC 3 but that's mostly a testament to how good DMC 3 really is.
Oct 9, 2010 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
It's basically half a game, you play the same missions and bosses twice, with two different characters
But other than that, Nero is really fun to play and I was disappointed when I had to switch back to Dante. Story's pretty cool too.

As for my tastes: 3 > 1 > 4 > 2.
Oct 9, 2010 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
Worst hack 'n slay ever. Lame combos, few combos, fucking difficult, lame characters, everything is just lame. I can't imagine this is made by the same developer of Bayonetta.

I barely flame games but this one just disappointed me so much.
Oct 9, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
F0XH0UND said:
Worst hack 'n slay ever.

Troll detected. The rest of the post is irrelevant now.
Oct 9, 2010 7:17 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't really like it, but it's an alright game otherwise.

If you enjoy hack 'n slashers and can get it for under $20 (easily - it's dirt cheap now I think) then you should probably check it out.
Oct 9, 2010 7:22 PM

Jun 2010
I just started it a couple days ago. I'm not too familiar with hack and slash games, but I love it!
Oct 11, 2010 6:55 AM

Jun 2010
Its just another one of the many games Japan has made in which its characters and stories links elsewhere.. Generally, the story implies that the Demon King and the Messiah are one and the same..
''Those who opposes the will of the Creators shall be deleted..'' - Ultimate Messiah
Oct 13, 2010 11:20 PM

Jan 2010
I haven't played the others DMC, but i had a lot of fun with DMC 4, and it's not just the gameplay, is also the cutscenes and all the other features.

You play as both Dante and Nero, Dante with his 4 stances and Nero with his arm, i personally prefer Nero gameplay.

What makes me love this game though, is the cutscenes. Dante is the personification of coolness, you won't get anyone cooler than him.

And regarding the new DMC, yeah...a big pile of trash. While i haven't played the other games, i loved Dante so much i had to read the stories of the games plus i watched the anime (duh) and read the novels. So of course i was expecting the 5th to explain couple of things about Nero, but nooo! they felt like killing the franchise and make a game people will buy, but also will hate.

Oct 14, 2010 4:03 AM

Nov 2008
tolkki said:
Better than DMC 1 & 2, not even half as good as DMC 3 but that's mostly a testament to how good DMC 3 really is.
Pretty much.
Blutkind said:
Heres my rating on the DMC series:
3- [original version] --- the challenge makes the game.
1- Very fun -- little repetitive
2- One of the worst games Ive ever played.. Felt like I was playing some shitty spiderman game or something..

I would have loved 4 alot more if you could play as Dante more often.. Nero moves flowed but I could cruise through levels like they were nothing with good ol Dante. And, besides Nero is just a pretty boy with a special arm... nothing too interesting..
Also have you seen the DMC 5 trailer?? WTF I cant believe what they did to Dante... Whats with the emo twilight boy look? This game is pointless....Also if someone feels they need to contradicted me on how " ohhh in dmc 3 they explained Dante had a past and what not.." read the novels It explains his past. He use to be a well known mercenary under the alias Tony Redgrave and he did still had SILVER HAIR back then, not brown.. Taking anyway Dantes silver hair is like taking the beard off Jesus if you ask me.. So in the end f'uck pretty boy Nero, f'uck DMC 5, And RIP Dante.. Amen.
I actually wanted to go back to Nero in the second half. I didn't feel the same finesse playing as Dante this time. The whole game felt a bit lacking imo, and the dialogue was cornier than ever. "Your Dante, right? Not a bad name." "Neither is yours." *cringes* If the series was going to continue in that direction, I'm glad they rebooted it. The new Dante looks fine. I'm only worried about the gameplay. Ninja Theory aren't a dev I trust to handle action games competently.

And I have to disagree with your comment about DMC 3, not because Special Edition lets you play as Vergil (though that is a nice bonus), but because of Turbo Mode. After using it for so long, I can't picture myself playing the game normally anymore.

Oct 15, 2010 4:13 AM

Jul 2010
DMC4 is very good. I love Hack´n Slash games !!!!
Oct 15, 2010 3:14 PM
Dec 2007
F0XH0UND said:
Worst hack 'n slay ever. Lame combos, few combos, fucking difficult, lame characters, everything is just lame. I can't imagine this is made by the same developer of Bayonetta.

I barely flame games but this one just disappointed me so much.
It was not, by this point I believe the original creator had left Capcom and was making Bayonetta. It was made by Capcom though, unlike the new DmC reboot.

Hideki Kamiya, as a rule of thumb, hardly ever works on something more than once or twice and the rest of the DMC series was done by a different director. After the first DMC he went on to create Viewtiful Joe and Okami until his studio was given the ax and he and the rest of them moved on to Platinum Games. End of story.

Oct 15, 2010 8:34 PM
Oct 2010
I think it's frickin awesome. I liked it more than 3 because you don't have to wait to get to one of the statue things or until the mission is over to switch styles. You can switch them with the push of a button anytime and set up MASSIVE combos if you're skilled enough. That's actually the only game where I actually sat down and practiced combos with.

Highly addicting, great story, awesome characters and even BETTER gameplay! So get it!
Nov 1, 2022 11:51 AM
Dec 2017
its a pretty fun game my first one actually

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

31 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

35 by tectacles »»
4 hours ago

» Do you guys play the Nintendo 3ds and Ps Vita in 2024?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

10 by tectacles »»
4 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3731 by BlexFi5 »»
5 hours ago

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

20 by tchitchouan »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.