Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2010 2:39 PM

Jan 2009
kerobear said:
so they nuke because ? =/ i dont get politics afterall
Well obviously because it's fun.
No but seriously, when shit hits the fan, people don't really think all that much anymore.
Anyway, having badass parents like Saya's... Well let's just say I wouldn't mind having parents like that.

But wait what? It ends just like that? (・3・ア
Tch.
They did get to the mall at least though.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 26, 2010 11:13 PM
Sep 2010
Aversa said:

Only thing i am wondering about is why did they nuke near or in Japan, just targeting a random densely populated area?

That's a good question. I thought only the Russians would get the Nukes. NOT 1 of our allies. Best thing to do is find out where the blast happened, pull a 180, and smoke tires until your out of the "dead zone".
Sep 27, 2010 3:59 AM

Jan 2010
The future exustence of season two was crystal clear even since before the show first aired, considering where the manga is...
Sep 27, 2010 4:17 PM

Dec 2007
Well it was a nice final episode overall.
Hope for a next season.
Sep 27, 2010 8:54 PM
Jan 2010
season is finished???????????????? omfg?????? didn't even realize it!!!! I was wondering where this weeks show was...... wtf????????? where was the ending??????
Sep 28, 2010 7:01 AM

May 2009
I just realized this is the second time Takagi has proven herself useful during the entire series. The first was of course, deducing that the zombies are acting on sound. But it doesn't exactly take a genius to figure out that the bright light is because of a High-altitude nuclear explosion (given the situation) and the reason all electronics equipment is dead is because of an EMP, which is the only source that can kill ALL electronics equipment in such a large area. At least, her father should've known. Though why they decided to launch is beyond me. Another surprise was Hirano. If he is such a military freak, how come he didn't have any clue? He looked dumbfounded even when Takagi was explaining it all.

The only time I was amused was when the nurse broke the fourth wall

Also, I think the mechanic guy is a little too old for Takagi.

The ending was a bit abrupt. Maybe the OVA will tie things up.

These last few episodes have brought it down to a 6/10 for me. It would be lower still if it wasn't for the last stand in this episode. I, for one, am not looking forward to the sequel. Nuke it from space.
Sep 28, 2010 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
honey88foru said:
If I'm not mistaken, what she said could also be translated to something like "That's how my character is", and that doesn't necessarily have to count as breaking the fourth wall. (As it's fully possible to be aware of specific character traits that you possess etc.)
But well whatever, it's more fun if we think of it that way : p
OosranSep 28, 2010 7:43 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Sep 28, 2010 12:04 PM

Oct 2007
Crappy till the very end!u.u
Sep 28, 2010 12:19 PM

May 2009
Oosran said:
honey88foru said:
If I'm not mistaken, what she said could also be translated to something like "That's how my character is"

Her character thinks with her boobs. So to me, it's a pretty simple and straight forward statement :P
Sep 28, 2010 6:29 PM
Mar 2010
am i the only one glad thats its over
dont get me wrong
the anime was amazing
my friend recommended me it
i watched ep 1-8 and it was amazing
but then ep 9+ just ruined everything
its like the whole anime just changed in a way u cant explain
like shakugan no shana s2
Sep 28, 2010 9:23 PM

May 2009
^ No. I'm with you on being happy to see it end. But not liking 8 episodes. The best I can say is I enjoyed one or two...
Sep 29, 2010 5:02 AM

Jun 2010
Is it only me or are there anyone else who think this anime is just like a zombie-shooting game like Left4Dead? Well maybe because I play too many games.
Anyway I enjoyed the series and I am looking forward second season.
I hope Shido and his cult are bitten and turned into "Them". However, I don't think it will be that easy for him to die.
Sep 29, 2010 5:55 AM

Sep 2008
I can't believe all the people who've whinged about this show yet kept watching till till the end and still say it was crappy....it's like someone had a gun pointed at them to make them watch the whole series

if you found it crap from the beginning or even in the middle then why keep watching it? oh let me guess...coz you don't drop anime...its like what tensaishonen said: tsundere much?
Sep 29, 2010 7:35 AM

May 2009
Well, I can only speak for myself but I saw it because it's short. I wanted to start Gintama but it's so damn long @_@; I have a very short atten The only other series I'm watching now is Eve no Jikan, again, because it's 6 episodes.
Sep 30, 2010 10:40 AM

Jun 2009
Meh, somehow it's no fun when they give me the ending i wanted...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 30, 2010 3:40 PM

Feb 2010
I liked the end, was what I expected, no fillers.
I admit I got really scared... with the possibility of a filler at the end.
Sep 30, 2010 6:41 PM

Jun 2010
shadowxeno said:
is that really the end of it? CAN'T BE! CAN'T BE!!!!!!!!!! I WANT A SEASON 2!!!!! THIS IS BULL GIVE ME SEASON 2!!!!!!!!

Somebody pinch and tell me this is not some dream some weird ass nightmare that loves to troll.

If this was the end i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO unsatisfied. I mean its like having sex and your partner stops half way, WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO ABOUT EXCITED LARRY DOWN THERE!!!!!! On a serious note great episode

He's right this IS BULL they better make a season 2 damn it!! >_<
Oct 1, 2010 2:47 PM

Jul 2009
This anime was totally awesome. But in my opinion there was a little too much ecchi in it.
I hope that they will make a second season.
Oct 1, 2010 3:38 PM
Jan 2010
It might be that i was used to it but it seemed like there was a lot less fanservice in the last 3 episodes
Oct 2, 2010 5:56 PM

Sep 2010
This anime ended with an totally epic end. A totally sweet end fight. But you would think they would of found a gun store some time in the anime and got thousands of bullets for there guns so they could of killed all the zombies in there way.
Oct 2, 2010 11:08 PM

Sep 2008
spiky502 said:
This anime ended with an totally epic end. A totally sweet end fight. But you would think they would of found a gun store some time in the anime and got thousands of bullets for there guns so they could of killed all the zombies in there way.

i don't know where your from but in Japan(and other countries) normally don't have gun store corner shops for anyone to just walk into let alone be able to ransack

Oct 3, 2010 12:42 AM

Mar 2010
kralle777 said:
This anime was totally awesome. But in my opinion there was a little too much ecchi in it.
I hope that they will make a second season.

This...
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Oct 3, 2010 11:58 AM
Jan 2009
A second season seems inevitable.
Just like everybody else,I also felt that the anime was satiated with too much ecchi.
But overall,I must say it was quite enjoyable.
Oct 7, 2010 12:11 AM
Aug 2007
Too the people complaining about the fanservice, it's part of the manga, of course there would be fanservice in the anime.

Seriously are you homosexual, or are you too young too be watching such violent shows in the middle of the night in case someone might hear?
Oct 7, 2010 6:32 PM
Jun 2010
I think they are expecting a deep intellectual emotional philosophical epic perfect serious romantic detailed amazingly symbolic masterpiece.

Oct 8, 2010 8:29 AM
Aug 2010
Hi.. i like this anime but i was wondering if someone could help me out...

Im new to Anime shows and i was wondering if there was any anime that has a good deep storyline but with gore like HOTD?

If possible a show with a good English Dub too... hurts my eyes reading...

sorry for asking here but i dont know where to ask...
Oct 8, 2010 1:57 PM

Feb 2010
Was unsatisfied, worse so than unsatisfiying sex.

There has to be a series 2?

It kind of just stopped,

Its okay guys ill make a series two.
Oct 11, 2010 5:44 AM
Aug 2010
Of course there will be 2º season, the manga has not finished yet, so probably next year will continue.
Oct 11, 2010 7:27 AM

Jul 2010
I think there will be a second season,because the anime is a new one (2010 anime) and yeah .. everybody saw the character at the end of the anime :D

So hope for the 2nd season and for more action with Takashi and Saeko :) my favourite characters from this anime.
Oct 11, 2010 11:04 PM

Jan 2010
season 2 will be the police arc probably...but...
if the season 2 have 26 episodes...HOTD will be concluded or season 2 is not enough to finish the series?
Oct 12, 2010 12:09 PM
Mar 2009
What happened to, "Only destroying their heads work?"

Nevertheless, that was pretty good except it felt really short. I'm guessing Saya loses her parents though.

What happened to Shido and the students? They crashed and when the Humvee passed, they were gone.
Oct 14, 2010 10:06 AM

Apr 2010
How could they not deduce that to an EMP? It's pretty obvious... -_-'
Saeko is still the woman for Komuro.

Nice series, now off to read the manga! I hope it's better than the anime.

There will be a second series isn't it... because there are like 27 chapters... that is if they actually announce another series.

9/10 from me. This show deserves it.
Oct 14, 2010 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
CRAZEH247 said:

There will be a second series isn't it... because there are like 27 chapters... that is if they actually announce another series.

HOTD manga contains 27 chapters at this moment.Episode 12 ending (after credits)=chapter 17 ending.That means 10 chapters for now.Not enough material to make season 2...I don't expect season 2 next year.2012-looks more realistic.
Oct 14, 2010 7:43 PM

Mar 2008
mmmm the ending was very bad @.@ , waiting for the next season
->this is over-rated how this can have over 8.xx --kya ¡
(zombies + super ecchi) - history= great anime O.o
ahhhhh is the end of MAL`rank sistem ><
yess you fan of HSOD hate me ;) jja
well 6/10 for me, was fun
Oct 15, 2010 11:05 AM

Apr 2010
RionX said:
CRAZEH247 said:

HOTD manga contains 27 chapters at this moment.Episode 12 ending (after credits)=chapter 17 ending.That means 10 chapters for now.Not enough material to make season 2...I don't expect season 2 next year.2012-looks more realistic.

I see, but i had heard that each manga chapter was being adapted into each anime episode... maybe they didn't follow that through... i'll probably find out when i read the manga. I'll start on it soon enough... but if what you say is true, then yeah it makes sense that they wont announce a second season until ofcourse they have adequate material to adapt into.
Oct 17, 2010 10:11 AM

Feb 2010
The anime title only related like 1-3 episodes..

And still nice EMP explanations ^^

EDIT: the ending is not really that bad...since the manga is still on-going(might be, IDK)...and I still want another season of killing zombies like Left 4 Dead..xD
CashdaxOct 17, 2010 10:14 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 17, 2010 11:13 AM

Oct 2010
CRAZEH247 said:

I see, but i had heard that each manga chapter was being adapted into each anime episode... maybe they didn't follow that through... i'll probably find out when i read the manga. I'll start on it soon enough... but if what you say is true, then yeah it makes sense that they wont announce a second season until ofcourse they have adequate material to adapt into.

Madhouse skipped some chapters...And episode about SAeko and Takashi should have been later-after Takagi's mansion.Madhouse made changes. Read manga and you'll see.
RionXOct 17, 2010 11:24 AM
Oct 20, 2010 9:27 AM

Aug 2008
To tell the truth, I still don't about this anime.
especially the relation of Hisashi and Rei from the start, had caused how I dislike her.
and now Takashi and Rei? oh god..no...why would he have the romantic feeling with Rei up until now? he should only see her as a friend only. She's really annoyed me....
ReoOct 20, 2010 11:59 PM
Oct 23, 2010 11:23 PM

Aug 2010
overall great anime for me ;D the OST is badass too.......Its so ...so....awesome >.<
But since Madhouse skipped some chapter, I guess I'l' read the manga as well till only chapter 17 (where episode 12 was). Then I'll just wait for Season 2, I am confident that HOTD Season 2 will be out !

Oct 24, 2010 1:11 AM

Oct 2010
xilam said:
overall great anime for me ;D the OST is badass too.......Its so ...so....awesome >.<
But since Madhouse skipped some chapter, I guess I'l' read the manga as well till only chapter 17 (where episode 12 was). Then I'll just wait for Season 2, I am confident that HOTD Season 2 will be out !

HOTD season 2 is not confirmed and it's not enough material for it.It can take alot of time to release Season 2,because hotd manga is bi-montly now...and you never know if Madhouse will release it or not.So i advice you just read manga.We will be able to read the newest chapter 28 online on november 10-11.
RionXOct 24, 2010 10:56 AM
Oct 25, 2010 12:44 AM

Sep 2010
Wasn't particularly great or memorable but I enjoyed this anime. I was gonna be really upset that they left ending like that before I read some one told me the manga covered more so I am hopeful for a season 2, just so I can know what happens with Takashi/Saeko/Rei. Not much in terms of story or emotional reaction, but fun fanservice and nice bloody action, I was glad I picked it up I'll say 7/10, maybe 8 being generous.
Oct 25, 2010 12:24 PM
Aug 2010
This anime wasn't very good, but it was funny sometimes... 6/10. I hate when they make those series while the manga is still running and them want to do a second season, but whatever, I'm not gonna watch it anyways.
Oct 28, 2010 7:23 PM

Aug 2009
pretty good show! :3

I just wish it didnt end so openly...

9/10
Oct 29, 2010 11:57 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty stupid show looking back.

Nov 7, 2010 6:58 AM

Jan 2008
A second season will definitely come. The ending is pretty open, without any conclusion, just a few wise words and a quotation. The high schoolers' struggles to remain alive are far from over yet.

All in all, a very exciting episode, packed with action, blood, explosions and zombies eventually taking Japan over. Not too much plot development, more of an intense way to end a brutal anime with tons of fighting, boobs, pantyshots and other kinds of fanservice.

7+/10 (episode rating)

I'll rate the series itself in a separate, bigger review. Looking back on the twelve episodes, it was pretty enjoyable. It's not an anime with a deep and gripping plotline, but it's a reccomendable watch for the action and the little bits of romance scattered all over the series, which I've personally enjoyed.
Nov 15, 2010 11:50 AM

Sep 2009
Well, I enjoyed the zombie massacre :p but not enough to read the manga so I'll just wait for a 2nd season.
Nov 21, 2010 5:47 AM

Nov 2008
This was a letdown in so many way it's bad but i was hopping for something much better
Nov 21, 2010 2:35 PM

May 2010
Hopefully a season 2 but if not I might just read the manga.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Nov 21, 2010 6:06 PM

Aug 2010
I was wishing they would have nuked everybody...
or at least all the main characters would have died a miserable... slow... death but NOU....
WTF seriously...?
I started watching this anime because I wanted GORE and DEATH...
the gore kind of died down through the series... and well... obviously I didn't get the death of the main characters I was looking for...
seriously disappointing...
*sigh*
overall... it was a good anime though...
just with a SUCKISH ending...
"참 많은 파도가친다.앞으로 여행할길은 너무멀고길지만 멈추면안돼.. 멈춘순간 어른이 되어가는 길을 포기하는 나락으로 떨어진다. 어른이되어가는 경험은 이제부터 시작이지만 아직어리고 젊다는 최고의무기로 아직 눈앞에 보이지않는 더넓은 세상을 밟고싶다."
--김재중
CLICK IF YOU WISH
Dec 1, 2010 6:08 PM

Aug 2010
Oh well. Not as good as I thought.

Back to the manga.
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
Apr 25, 9:22 PM

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.