Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 5, 2010 2:29 PM

Apr 2010
On this site it has a score of 7.04 or something close to that, when you look at it a 7 isnt so bad but compared to scores here thats probably one of the lowest ive seen.

I see alot of people put it down and i think its mostly due to the ending, i dont know if its because its not what people were expecting from what appeared to be a high school romance anime or what but people dont seem to like it.

So maybe its because of the violent ending, however things like Higurashi which is pretty much a mess of a show gets such a high score as do shows like Kanon.

To many it was one of the biggest twists in an anime and most people didnt expect what to happen at the end and thats why its so good because people wont ever forget it.

It wasnt your typical boy meets girl anime that are two a penny it was something that took a big turn around that very few animes would ever do.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 5, 2010 2:39 PM
Jun 2010
scabab said:
On this site it has a score of 7.04 or something close to that, when you look at it a 7 isnt so bad but compared to scores here thats probably one of the lowest ive seen.

I see alot of people put it down and i think its mostly due to the ending, i dont know if its because its not what people were expecting from what appeared to be a high school romance anime or what but people dont seem to like it.

So maybe its because of the violent ending, however things like Higurashi which is pretty much a mess of a show gets such a high score as do shows like Kanon.

To many it was one of the biggest twists in an anime and most people didnt expect what to happen at the end and thats why its so good because people wont ever forget it.

It wasnt your typical boy meets girl anime that are two a penny it was something that took a big turn around that very few animes would ever do.

there r a few reasons.... the biggest 1 being:

but besides that, i guess some ppl just dont like the characters. Personally though, i found school days to be enjoyable and i recommend it to ppl looking for a nice 12 episode series.
Sep 5, 2010 2:39 PM

Jul 2010
I don't hate it. In fact, I love it ^.^
It just really aggravating. It was the first time I felt any actual emotion towards an anime, but that itself I consider an achievement.
The ending made it even better.

I'm not sure why it's not liked as well -.- Maybe I'm just a sick person.
Sep 5, 2010 3:05 PM
Dec 2009
It sucked balls.
Sep 5, 2010 3:06 PM
Sep 2010
explicitly it's an average

i don't like it very much

but maybe it's a new story some thing .
Sep 5, 2010 3:06 PM

Apr 2010
"i guess some ppl just dont like the characters"

They arnt even supposed to be liked, the main guy is a selfish womaniser, one girls psychotic and obsessive and the others desperate. The animes good that it shows how they become this way.
Sep 5, 2010 3:43 PM

Sep 2008
Personally I think if you didn't hate it your doing it wrong. It was designed for you to hate it, I gave it a ten because it made me hate it and I hated it alot.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 5, 2010 3:44 PM

Apr 2009
scabab said:

They arnt even supposed to be liked, the main guy is a selfish womaniser, one girls psychotic and obsessive and the others desperate. The animes good that it shows how they become this way.

Speaking as someone who loved Higurashi, I have to say- the anime that are great have at least ONE character that people who watch it can relate to/understand/like. This didn't. They were all horrible people. Makoto deserved to die. Sekai is a user and not much better. Kotonoha was treated like dirt. While I can understand why she'd be frustrated, if she were an intelligent character she would have dumped that boy's ass faster than you can say 'redrum'. So she was an utter idoit. Especially since logically, considering how everyone ELSE at the school treated her, it would have been much more logical to go Columbine on them.

The only other characters existed to give the boy something to screw, and that isn't high praise.

An illogical plot and stupid/one-dimentional characters are every reason to dislike the show.
Sep 5, 2010 3:56 PM

Sep 2008
Sweetpea said:
scabab said:

Speaking as someone who loved Higurashi, I have to say- the anime that are great have at least ONE character that people who watch it can relate to/understand/like. This didn't. They were all horrible people. Makoto deserved to die. Sekai is a user and not much better. Kotonoha was treated like dirt. While I can understand why she'd be frustrated, if she were an intelligent character she would have dumped that boy's ass faster than you can say 'redrum'. So she was an utter idoit. Especially since logically, considering how everyone ELSE at the school treated her, it would have been much more logical to go Columbine on them.

The only other characters existed to give the boy something to screw, and that isn't high praise.

An illogical plot and stupid/one-dimentional characters are every reason to dislike the show.

Actually the plot and characters where Incredible realistic even if it was illogical, humans do alot of illogical things, sexual desire and "love" often lead us to doing very illogical thing, Watch the show Snapped. Police and Law enforcement agency's are fucking littered with cases that where exactly like School Days, shit like that happens like every other day. Here in Florida just not long ago, a High School kid just got arrested for Curb Stomping his ex girlfriend into a coma with steel toed boots for cheating on him.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Sep 5, 2010 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
It's fucked up.

That's why.

Sep 5, 2010 4:04 PM

Sep 2010
"An illogical plot and stupid/one-dimentional characters are every reason to dislike the show."

The main characters were not one-dimensional. If they were stupid then at least they were realistically stupid, read the number of teens have sex and babies. This is not a sci-fi adventure. The anime is about romance, crushing, and sex, logic need not apply.
If you can't be a good example then just be a horrible warning.

I think School Days is one of the few anime with an accurate score of 7. It is not a great score but it is still decent.

Sep 5, 2010 4:06 PM

Mar 2009
It's because the characters are all despicable (a severe understatement though) as hell. The ending played a crucial factor as well. I personally thought it was psychologically good.
Sep 5, 2010 4:40 PM

Jun 2008
Characters can also be realistic in a romance, with at least some redeeming qualities. Makoto had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. He wasn't smart, or compassionate, or funny, or caring, or even physically attractive. There was absolutely no reason for girls to literally flung themselves at him, one after another. There's other ways to make a supposedly romance school drama realistic, and this, just doesn't work.

It's like those random horror movies where all the characters were as stupid as shit. You might call that realistic, that us humans act like complete idiots in dangerous situations, but that doesn't make the movie good. Which is why you see plenty of horror movies on IMDB with such shitty ratings. Though to be fair, it's getting shitty ratings because it follows the same formula everytime, with just another evil dude killing in some different way. Still, it's within that formula, that characters are completely stupid.

The same for this. It had a horrible cast where everyone had shallow reasons for whatever the hell they're after. You can always make the case of calling this show realistic, by relating to early teen pregnancy and among other random shits teens stupidly do, but even so, that doesn't make an anime all the more better.

It's laughable to even call this show romance. There was nothing remotely romantic about it, and Makoto never wanted romance. He wanted sex. And luckily, that's what just about every other girl wanted. Teachers had no involvements whatsoever, parents had no involvements whatsoever. I suppose it can be argued that the school was realistically horrible as well, and parents also horrible, as all the character's parents, apparently, was absent through this entire ordeal.

The only redeeming quality, it seems people have posted here, was that it is realistic. But if that's the only quality, then by no means can that justify why it was good.

So pretty much, this is why I gave it a 2, which coincidentally, stands for horrible. That's what, at least, why I think it was horrible. You can very well give this show a 10 for whatever reasons you might have. But I just don't see a potential realistic show, I say potential, because just about everyone in this show was horrible, deserving anything more than a 7.

I don't blame Setsuna for leaving the school. Oh look, perhaps we do have a character here that isn't as horrible as everyone else.
TachiiSep 5, 2010 4:43 PM
Sep 5, 2010 5:40 PM

Oct 2009
I think the hate led to me giving it a higher score than I would have had I gone into it with high expectations.

It doesn't deserve the disproportionate amount of hate it gets, I'm sure there are far worse shows out there, though I haven't personally seen many.
Sep 5, 2010 5:56 PM

Jan 2010
I thought it was boring..
Sep 5, 2010 6:03 PM

Apr 2010
Theres something wrong when crap like Kanon, Air, and Azumanga Daioh have higher scores than School Days. Even Special A has a higher score, people whine about the violence then you have even worse, even gorier shows like Elfen Lied and that has a great score.
Sep 5, 2010 6:15 PM
Jun 2010
scabab said:
Theres something wrong when crap like Kanon, Air, and Azumanga Daioh have higher scores than School Days. Even Special A has a higher score, people whine about the violence then you have even worse, even gorier shows like Elfen Lied and that has a great score.

what's wrong with Kanon and Air? Next u'll think clannad is bad too.... but anyway, i dont think it's the violence. Most ppl, including myself, LOVE VIOLENCE!!!! and i havent seen elfen lied the anime, but i have read the manga and I can safely say that it was perhaps the best manga i've ever read so far. and im sure the anime doesnt even compare to the manga in terms of epicness.
Sep 5, 2010 6:16 PM
Jun 2010
rainbowsnow said:

^ this, some people thought the build up towards the final episode was boring. I personally thought it was cool... so it's up to the individual lol
Sep 5, 2010 7:56 PM

Sep 2009
I like the show though in the beginning but later on I despise the main male lead so much

scabab said:

personally I enjoy Kanon, Air, and Azumanga Daioh a lot more than School Days and I don't think the score is given based on the gore factor even without the much needed violence Elfen Lied is more enjoyable than School Days to me (plot wise)
Sep 5, 2010 8:15 PM

Aug 2010
lol its so obv u guys havent heard or played Cross Days
most fcked up Visual Novel ever
its like a sequel to School Days when Makoto only does not fck hot chicks,he also fcks a GUY.
man Makoto sure is wild ahaha =D
Sep 5, 2010 8:15 PM
Dec 2007
Don't we watch anime and movies TO ESCAPE REALITY !!! Last thing we need is to be reminded how society is so rotten when we have enough of that crap in real life.

Sep 5, 2010 8:19 PM

Aug 2009
I've actually given SD a pretty good score just purely for the ending...these type of anime(like NTR) are there to stir peoples emotions...if its led people to hate,then they've done a good job doing so

...there was a time even when I couldn't stand Makoto's voice actor as it always reminded me of how pathetic Makoto was, but now that I think about it, the anime really did leave an impact for me to even think that as I don't usually hate an anime, let alone a seiyuu
Sep 5, 2010 8:23 PM

Apr 2010
It is a crime indeed that devil may cry is rated higher than 2620 different anime, school days was pretty awesome but theres basically no point rewatching and it didn't entertain for long enough to merit a high score.
Sep 5, 2010 8:34 PM

Sep 2010
ayEwyllie said:
It is a crime indeed that devil may cry is rated higher than 2620 different anime, school days was pretty awesome but theres basically no point rewatching and it didn't entertain for long enough to merit a high score.

Rewatchability is separate from scoring(no way in hell am I setting through Death Note again but the score is still good) and length does not matter either since there are shorter OVAs with high scores.

Sep 5, 2010 8:42 PM
Dec 2007
Anime_Name said:
ayEwyllie said:

Rewatchability is separate from scoring(no way in hell am I setting through Death Note again but the score is still good) and length does not matter either since there are shorter OVAs with high scores.
If the anime can't entertain you all the way it shpuldn't deserve a high score. Also, if the creators intended us to hate the world hey crafted then they reap what they sow (meaning:they should expect the low score). Why should we give the show a high score for giving us MORE unneeded stress?

Sep 5, 2010 9:05 PM

Feb 2010
yea its a little unfair since there are much worst out there but even i gave it a 7. even the super nice ppl that give 9 and 10 to animes got disgusted with it.
Sep 5, 2010 9:15 PM

Apr 2009
I loved it.
Sep 5, 2010 9:19 PM

Sep 2010
I thought you meant the number of episodes as your measure of how long it entertained you.
Now that I realize you mean entertain in the vague sense, I have no interest in dancing around with such an undefined sentiment.

The show seems to have done what it set out to do. I don't know who they are or why they care about MAL but I already agreed with the score it has here.

Sep 5, 2010 10:00 PM
Jun 2008
probably people don't like Anime which is too reality. But I have seen worst thing in reality so this is just a normal.....
.unless you are referring to Elfen lied but that Anime is fiction anyway. =(

Why is Mars of destruction is so hated?
......the score is crazy low...
Sep 5, 2010 10:06 PM

Oct 2009
Necrophilia, come on. If School Days was willing to go "that" far, they could have added a little necrophilia to spice it up. What kind of effing producers are they :O

Sep 5, 2010 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
I enjoyed it, actually, just because it was so different.

First of all Makoto is not the usual harem-leader type guy. Stereotypically, those are nice guys who agonize over which girl to chose and never make a move on anyone. Makoto is a bastard who thinks with his dick but what sets him apart was his initiative.

Then, I also like how the fact that he actually did something about all these girls fawning over him wasn't a good thing, it had all sorts of disastrous consequences for people, because he was making irresponsible decisions. You don't see that in harems because the schmuck never makes a decisions, if he even realizes anyone likes him >_>

Then, I like how Sekai is portrayed with the (stereotypical) sex drive of a teenage boy. She knows what she's doing is wrong and hurtful to Kotonoha, and wants to tell her, but dammit, the sex is too good! Can't give it up!

And I like yanderes. 'Nuff said.

All that aside, it's not particularly brilliant at doing anything, but overall, it was great for the shock value I got. It was also short, just short enough to be worth watching for me.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Sep 5, 2010 10:28 PM

Feb 2010
Shancakeschan said:
I loved it.

right on

iWishTifaWasReal said:
lol its so obv u guys havent heard or played Cross Days
most fcked up Visual Novel ever
its like a sequel to School Days when Makoto only does not fck hot chicks,he also fcks a GUY.
man Makoto sure is wild ahaha =D

Cross Days takes place during the same time as School Days.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2010 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
SINCE WHEN IS A 7 BAD?

Seriously, nowadays if its not a 9 or 10 its automatically labelled as "bad"

Remember kids a 5 means AVERAGE. 7 is two points ABOVE average. Which makes it...GOOD!

Aside from that, no, I haven't watched School Days.
Sep 6, 2010 6:23 PM

Jul 2010
I'm one cynical pyshcopath. I can find pleasure in anything i want to. I couldnt find anything redeeming, funny, emotional, or exciting about this anime. There was nothing real about it. the only REAL thing that happened was teen pregnency. but even in real life your not IGNORANT about teen pregnency. you KNOW it can happen. this anime didnt have any emotional attachment for any character. in real life do you have sex with someone without any emotinoal attachment? if you do then i feel the need to call you a whore. yes there are plenty of whores out in the real world - but do i want to watch "the life through a whores eyes" the movie? (some of you would but for differetn reasons than this anime satisfies if you know what i mean)

This anime does not deserve a drawn out post for me to argue its failure. It just sucked. It owns the title of the worst anime ive ever seen. and ive seen over like 1000 of the ones listed on this site (just havent filled out my manga or anime lists fully yet.) I couldnt stand watching this. and i now leave you all to argue over the internet
Jrittmayer said:

if our posts can save just this ONE soul. then it will be worth it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2010 6:40 PM

May 2009
obv cuz not made in 06 or 09

Sep 6, 2010 6:41 PM
Jun 2009
rainbowsnow said:

This. The characters were boring. The conflicts were boring. Everything was boring except the ending.
Sep 6, 2010 6:44 PM

Jun 2010
People only watched it for "teh wimin" and the
Sep 6, 2010 6:55 PM

Jul 2010
Masazu said:
rainbowsnow said:

This. The characters were boring. The conflicts were boring. Everything was boring except the ending.

I thought Makoto was funny (in a weird twisted way), but yeah, I only watched it for the ending.
Sep 6, 2010 7:06 PM

Jun 2008
TraumaHunter said:
Jrittmayer said:

if our posts can save just this ONE soul. then it will be worth it.
The only way to save countless souls is to never utter this name ever again.

Wewt, sounds like an epic movie quote.
Sep 6, 2010 7:15 PM

Apr 2009
People probably hate the characters so much because they are so realistic.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Sep 6, 2010 8:19 PM

Nov 2008
Because people want something to hate on. Seriously, there are some people like that!

^_-
Sep 6, 2010 8:23 PM

Dec 2009
Besides the ending, it's because how nearly every girl is a whore
Sep 6, 2010 9:37 PM

Jan 2010
The plot is just waay to .. That freaking makoto Wtf he thinks he is... He deserved to die.
Sep 7, 2010 4:47 AM
Sep 2010
wel i liked the fist five episodes but after that it just went bad. i felt sorry for the girls and didnt understand why they cared about makoto so much; the thing i hated the most was that makoto even though he was a jerk thought that he hadnt done anything wrong. i hated the ending cause i am not a big fan of killing.the only reason i may have liked it was that it gave me a character like makoto to hate so much.
Tawshif123
Sep 7, 2010 4:47 AM
Sep 2010
wel i liked the fist five episodes but after that it just went bad. i felt sorry for the girls and didnt understand why they cared about makoto so much; the thing i hated the most was that makoto even though he was a jerk thought that he hadnt done anything wrong. i hated the ending cause i am not a big fan of killing.the only reason i may have liked it was that it gave me a character like makoto to hate so much.
Tawshif123
Sep 7, 2010 5:15 AM

Feb 2009
i hated makoto soo much, what a jerk. he just annoyed me so much. and all those girls too. bleh
Sep 7, 2010 5:48 AM

May 2009
DestinySora said:

This man speaks the truth......

...rNr...
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."

Sep 7, 2010 6:31 AM
Dec 2007
JP_rNr said:
DestinySora said:

This man speaks the truth......

...rNr...
Soooooo, exactly how is that realistic? You have to have a really low view of humanity in general to treat that as realistic. I know women can be whores and men can be completely weak-willed and lust-fueled, but please don't confuse this as absolute truth. In reality people are a bit more nuanced.

Sep 7, 2010 6:49 AM

Sep 2010
hmm , mb i won't watch this
Sep 7, 2010 8:25 AM

Apr 2007
People are just jealous of Makoto. He can fuck every girl while you can't even pay a whore.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.