Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2010 6:47 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The ending was very touching, despite being, or perhaps because it was somewhat sad.
Sep 29, 2010 8:49 PM

Jun 2009
werr-y said:

The ending was very touching, despite being, or perhaps because it was somewhat sad.

this was a rather good ead seamed a bit rushed at times but oh well, and im glad it was a happy ending
Jun 21, 2019 10:29 PM

May 2016
Even though it was rather bland at some points throughout the story, with that French guy who ended up being the big bad being the biggest offender, it's a good thing that this story subverted my initial expectations and actually had a happy ending since I didn't want Tista to die despite her whole situation.

Thanks to Brother Pooh, Tista did her time and became a teacher like she had always dreamed and she's reunited with her friends now ♡

Jul 29, 2022 10:02 PM

Dec 2009
I haven't read Shihou Yuugi or Gekka Bijin due to them being untranslated fully, but this may be Endou Tatsuya's worst manga.
Although, to be fair, it was his second manga, so I can excuse how messy and bad it is from its many flaws. 2/10.

The story of a child assassin is intriguing, but to be less than 16 years old and have 10 years of killing with 93 known cases of one-shot murder is dumb age-wise.
She had the help of her "foster" father, but who knows for how long and at what age she started killing.
Her personality as a cold-blooded killer with the contrast of being an awkward girl with the comedic tone is tasteless. The overall cast with their silly personalities is very displeasing for killing the story's dark scenario of Tista being an assassin while the police continue to fail in capturing her.

Artsy's somewhat cocky attitude as a self-proclaimed future legendary artist and nosiness to bring the "stranger" Tista to smile after first meeting her is obnoxious and not charming at all.
Most of the characters are annoying for their unfunny personalities with the overall meaningless comic relief.

A Church with one Father in particular being the boss who orders the killings of sinful individuals is interesting, but the representation of Catholism surrounding the story is poorly founded, uneducated and lackluster.
The ability of inherited supernatural eyesight of 1000 years in how the people in the Church somehow attain remains unclear- unless I missed something.

Aside from Tista's dull awkward side, and the lacking hints of Artsy or Suzy- basically Tista's amnesia of her past never being inserted early...
Her origin is flawed as well. Her parents are killed by who knows, but we know they were involved with the Church.
Through that trauma she blames herself into thinking she's the one who killed them. Except the moment she goes insane and becomes a killer is only after Suzy reunites with her abusive father and strangles her, injuring her talented singing voice... which leads for her to want to kill Suzy's father, which her now Foster Father, Lone helps her to do so with a sniper which is how she later became an extraordinary marksman while she attained the supernatural eyesight like Lone when she desired to kill Suzy's father.

At some point, a man killed Lone which caused her more grief and despair in life.
She developped Tize. An alter-ego of sort who speaks to her as her cold-blooded side. That's cool, but unfortunately with her original clumsy/awkward side, this voice in her head isn't properly built in her character from its lacking presence before the reveal because her awkward side is flawed for being unrealistic to the contrast of her dark side.

The detective was useless, and Tista from the start somewhat falling in love and breaking her resolve since "first" meeting Artsy of being a cold-blooded assassin is fucking ridiculous.
Even in hindsight of her eyesight ability to judge candor from someone's eyes and her subconscious recognizing a friend before she became a murderer... it's too abrupt.

In the end, the final mess in continuing to worsen the quality of this story.
The Man who killed Lone reappears out of nowhere- almost kills her. She almost kills him. She goes to prison. Sentenced for 120 years with the chance of who knows, but... Lone's murderer survived and is now training the new orphan of the Church who was suicidal, as the child clearly failed to be loved and change, even though he still cares for Trista from the bit of kindness she showed him. ... 'Stupid.
Sep 27, 2023 11:43 AM
Sep 2023
after reading this series it is very odd I still liked the art and the story was kinda meh. I still liked this a bit more than blade of the moon princess but I still think spy family is tatsu endo's best work so far
Jan 21, 12:33 AM
Dec 2019
I quite enjoyed this one. I feel like if the connection between Arty and artists was expanded upon 10% this would’ve moved me a lot more. That being said, the story told was very solid and I dont regret the read.

More topics from this board

» Wanted

t0MaToe - Mar 10, 2009

4 by samsince04 »»
May 6, 2023 1:20 PM

Poll: » Tista Chapter 1 Discussion

Gonee - May 20, 2010

5 by Mezzy93 »»
Apr 21, 2023 7:58 PM

» It could have been made into an ova

johnknight648 - Sep 13, 2016

1 by Superdude911 »»
May 16, 2022 8:14 PM

Poll: » Tista Chapter 5 Discussion

Kajo_Senpai69 - Jun 20, 2019

0 by Kajo_Senpai69 »»
Jun 20, 2019 8:45 PM

Poll: » Tista Chapter 4 Discussion

crazyspinz - Mar 18, 2011

1 by Kajo_Senpai69 »»
Jun 20, 2019 8:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.