Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 24, 2010 11:32 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Discuss the first episode of OVA here.
LunaNov 13, 2012 5:14 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 24, 2010 11:53 AM
Jun 2009
This has been on my mind for EVER. From a 12 episode January anime, to a 6 episode April anime and finally a 50 minute OVA in July. I cannot stress how disappointing it was. So disappointing I cried.

No spoilers yet, but what the hell man. More questions were raised than answered. What the hell is Black Gold Saw supposed to be? Why are there random shots of that silver haired girl with the two giant guns for hands? Why and how did Yomi become Dead Master? And all those beautiful characters from the illustration series that never made it into the final script. Black Gold Saw was there, but her horns were a disappointing gray rather than the red-to-black mix I love. She didn't even have a voice!

What about Black Matagi? Dragon Slayer? Insane Black Rock Shooter? And the "ending" was just SO cliche and stupid. It's frustrating that the series I've been anticipating for over half a year turns out like this.

Huke, I am disappoint.

However, I am quite ready to forget and forgive if a follow-up turns up. Soon. And not another puzzling 50 minute OVA but a FULL series. Even 6 episodes will suffice,
Jul 24, 2010 12:22 PM

Jan 2008
That was really cool and all but it doesn't explain anything. It was like watching two completely different shows at the same time. Hopefully we can get some more development in the future.
Jul 24, 2010 12:39 PM

Jun 2009
awesome ! !

insane - transform of Mato's dark side and BGS (hasn't normal student form yet) is not present
so, I suppose will be 2nd and 3rd ova and more and more, I hope ;D

str is not dark side of Yuu (without 2nd OVA, they can do so later)

so yes, I hope 2nd OVA will be
Jul 24, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
The battle sequences are awesome and the art as well but the shoujo side is generic and uninspired.

Nice OVA though and I hope a 2nd and 3rd are released.

8.5/10

Jul 24, 2010 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
The story was a serious disappointment to me. I seriously dislike it. I have so much more to say how much I'm disappointed but I'll just leave it...

Everything at Black Rock Shooter world was what I liked the most. The fighting scene were impressive, the animation was alright, the songs were great (loved the credit song) and the characters that BRS was fighting against was awesome (except for the way she wins). Too bad that Strenght and Black Gold Saw only got so little part to show.

If they decide to make TV 12 episodes with those characters illustration series they made, I would be very happy and forget this "prequel".
MimikoJul 24, 2010 1:03 PM
Jul 24, 2010 1:07 PM

Jan 2008
Taking me 2 hours + to torrent subbed version :l

Fail seeds.

Pics of raw

Will probably make like 10+ GIF's from this. :)
Jul 24, 2010 1:09 PM

Sep 2009
so much hype, yet I have a feeling it will disappoint T_T
Jul 24, 2010 1:10 PM

Feb 2008
Well yeah I hope they get an anime version of this series, I feel like the plot going too fast

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 24, 2010 1:22 PM

Sep 2009
meh, the ova is at 60% done

still, I believe they should of went for the 12 episodes, or maybe even a 24 ep one, cause judging from the graphics alone, it seems like an awesome series to be watched

so in the end I guess they trolled us with this 50 min ova....he'll I wouldn't even complain if there were like another 9-14 pva's scheduled =)
Jul 24, 2010 1:22 PM

Mar 2008
Okay, now I finished watching it too..
The music deserves a 10 from me, same with the animation.. well, i didn't expect anything else.. but the story itself uhm.. sucked xD it was kinda sweet but i really expected something more awesome - since we're talking about black rock shooter here.. :|
i really do hope they decide to make a real (12+ episodes) anime out of it.. ;w; i don't even get it why they didn't do it already.. black rock shooter has such a huge fanbase and it definitely has the potential to be one of the best animes.. the characters (i'm not talking about the human-form here xD) are so unique, beautiful and at the same time badass.. argh, ok, i think i should leave it at that xD
i'm a bit disappointed - that doesn't mean it was bad, but it could have been better. (e.g. some movies from Shinkai Makoto) nevertheless, i really enjoyed it.

edit: oh, and just a wild guess, but..
Vanessa-Jul 24, 2010 1:31 PM
Jul 24, 2010 1:28 PM
Jan 2010
It wasn't as good as i thought it would be.... hopefully 2nd will be better, and im guessing itll be the last since it was already her 2nd yr near the end of the 1st epi?
Jul 24, 2010 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
I think they're trying a marketing strategy

they hyped us with the series, quickly changed it to an ova, prolonged the release date to rage us even more, and now came the troll with a poor plotline.

they prob will wait some time, till more people feed them money, by purchasing the DVD's, and after like 3-6 months have passed, they will be prob announce the real anime series.

or so I believe.
Jul 24, 2010 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah you might be right, I have seen this before, first they make an OVA and later there will come an anime series.
How long will that taked?
Up to 6 months.
I don't really get it in the plot why they are fighting it together.

Edit: Well the story plot was a big paces there but it was a good OVA, she became the Black Rock Shooter dunno what happend?
I don't really get the story plot but the music was good, the animation was brilliant.

What happend with Yuu in the ending?
They seriously want to make us go raged and want us to wait for the next Black Rock Shooter.
BlackbirdJul 24, 2010 1:46 PM

Jul 24, 2010 1:45 PM

Jul 2010
Can't wait for the subbed!!! >w<
but what a waste. This is an OVA not an Anime TT_TT
Jul 24, 2010 1:46 PM

May 2009
I might be late, but..

inb4 whatisthisshitididntwaitforthisforayear
Jul 24, 2010 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
the best example would be the so called season 2 of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"...how could forget the "endless eight trauma"? *rage trigger here*

just because they didn't had enough material to make the damn movie at the time, doesn't mean they had to give us that s**t

But damn, the BRS plot is all over the place haha XD...well, at least I could see loli's in action
Jul 24, 2010 1:48 PM

Jun 2009
Tricia said:

Yuu = Strength ?

if it will be confirmed in 2nd OVA - yes
on this moment - no, no info; so they should add normal student form to BGS too
Jul 24, 2010 1:53 PM

Mar 2008
MeitDeist said:
Tricia said:

Yuu = Strength ?

if it will be confirmed in 2nd OVA - yes
on this moment - no, no info; so they should add normal student form to BGS too

well.. i know that xD just wanted to see if someone else might think the same way as i do :)
Jul 24, 2010 1:55 PM

Jan 2009
I think all the "school girl" scenes are "past" while BRS is "real time". All the stuff we are seeing with Mato is what happened before she became BRS.

But that's confusing also, since BRS didn't have the scars when she first faced BGS, but when her and Mato "meet", she does have them...

It's pretty obvious Yuu is STRength XD They were both introduced around the same time; and right after STRength jumps off the cliff, Mato gets injured and we meet Yuu. Her actions at the end were suspicious.
And their hairstyles are the same XD
LadyOrihimeJul 24, 2010 2:00 PM
Jul 24, 2010 1:56 PM

Aug 2009
I totally forgot this OVA was even coming out x.x

Well, after watching it, it definitely brought up quite a few questions that i'd like answered.

The action scenes were great, and some of the musical pieces were awesome, but overall I think this OVA could have been better

Beautifully drawn backgrounds and animation though :D

Screenshots :D

Kuro4735Jul 24, 2010 9:43 PM

Jul 24, 2010 2:07 PM

May 2007
They just suckered us into wanting more...I seriously hope there's more episodes or at least some explanation, but overall I think it was enjoyable. I expected a lot of action and explanation of characters and the world, but what I received was a slice-of-life school moe anime... Oh well.
Jul 24, 2010 2:10 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah the rush a lot so I kind of also think the school girl scenes is the past, but somehow that feel kind of weird they make like this an OVA and BRS is real time.
How come they just keep fighting without talking to it together? Very confusing here.
Let's wait for more information before we can said anymore.
It will become very sad if it's end like this.

I got also a feeling they will continue with more OVA before getting up with the real anime.
Let's wait. ^^

LadyOrihime said:
I think all the "school girl" scenes are "past" while BRS is "real time". All the stuff we are seeing with Mato is what happened before she became BRS.

But that's confusing also, since BRS didn't have the scars when she first faced BGS, but when her and Mato "meet", she does have them...

It's pretty obvious Yuu is STRength XD They were both introduced around the same time; and right after STRength jumps off the cliff, Mato gets injured and we meet Yuu. Her actions at the end were suspicious.
And their hairstyles are the same XD

Jul 24, 2010 2:14 PM

Jan 2009
Maybe they just can't talk in the "other world" and have to settle things with weapons and hugs? LOL!
Jul 24, 2010 2:40 PM

Jan 2008
Subs 'should' be out, and is seeding horribly slow. I can't verify until my torrent is done.... 89%....
Jul 24, 2010 2:53 PM

Dec 2007
Nice and touching episode =(

Only 1 episode is too short =/ I expected more episodes ;o;
Jul 24, 2010 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
sile said:
Paul said:
Subs 'should' be out, and is seeding horribly slow. I can't verify until my torrent is done.... 89%....

link to torrent pls

Was removed from Nyaatorrents, its a fake. Finished it. Got trolled.
Jul 24, 2010 3:06 PM
Jul 24, 2010 3:09 PM

Feb 2010
At first, when they showed the girl sleeping in bed and waking up, I swear I was watching K-ON!.

D: For some reason I knew this OVA wasn't going to be "all-that".
Jul 24, 2010 3:22 PM

Apr 2009
It was disappointing after this long wait and all the hype. Animation and music are both beautiful, but the storyline wasn't too great to me :(

My take on what happened:

Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

Then Yomi and Mato become good friends again, but this time Yuu gets jealous and eventually turns into that other character with two shooters, STR.

Edit: BRS was fighting a different character in the beginning, not DM >_>

That's what I think happened anyways. Anyone who has enough free time to read that, what do you think? A lot of filler stuff was left out, so I wanna see what people think about the storyline.
FaithoftheFallenJul 25, 2010 1:21 PM
Jul 24, 2010 3:31 PM

Jan 2008
FaithoftheFallen said:
It was disappointing after this long wait and all the hype. Animation and music are both beautiful, but the storyline wasn't too great to me :(

In an alternate world, Dead Master and BRS are fighting (insert filler info here on why they're fighting). DM stabs BRS and she gets scarred but lives.

Real world: Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). Note that in the beginning scene where BRS wasn't scarred, DM has red eyes. However, in the scenes afterwards, her eyes are green, the same as Yomi's. Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

That's what I think happened anyways. Anyone who has enough free time to read that, what do you think? A lot of filler stuff was left out, so I wanna see what people think about the storyline.

Easy to sum this up.. As a friend has already told me.

Yuri Yandere.

:D
Jul 24, 2010 3:59 PM

Jul 2009
I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for a lot more BRS and a lot less school life. I did enjoy it, but eh...It could've been a lot better. I do hope that theres a sequel. It really did feel like a prequel, as mentioned by numerous other people.

Anyway, I feel no contempt to the studio, even though it wasn't what it should've been. If theres more to this, all bad memories of this OVA shall be forgotten.
Jul 24, 2010 4:19 PM

Apr 2009
Well the raw was decent. Fight scenes were well done, music was nice. Not really disappointed, as long as there's more coming, which the way it ended I'm pretty sure there will be.
Jul 24, 2010 4:29 PM

Apr 2009
Yet another show that doesn't live up to it's hype, but we all saw it coming. Cliché cliché cliché! Nothing more can be said.
Jul 24, 2010 5:49 PM

Oct 2009
FaithoftheFallen said:

Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). However, in the scenes afterwards, her eyes are green, the same as Yomi's. Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

Then Yomi and Mato become good friends again, but this time Yuu gets jealous and eventually turns into that other character with two shooters, STR.

Congratulations, you got it right. That's exactly what happened. Of course, there will still be people here complaining that they didn't understand the story or whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, Black Rock Shooter=Samurai Jack+randomschoolanime. 7/10. Some more OVAs would be good, but with more action please.
Jul 24, 2010 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
I'm guessing there's still no subs around~?
Jul 24, 2010 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
As it has been said over and over, subs are out.

Anyways, I enjoyed the show, I'm can't say it was lacking a lot though. Frigging ending made me rage. As in after credits.

Will be making a crap load of GIFS now. BBL.
Jul 24, 2010 7:11 PM

Feb 2010
Meh, it didn't live up to what i thought it was gonna be. I don't mind slice of life but how it was cut between that and random action scenes made it feel awkward. I was hoping for a big awesome sword clashing fighting scene with the Black rock shooter song blaring but it wasn't delivered. It was ok but i wouldn't put it on priority watch list.

This will stay a 7/10 for me unless if they come out with a sequel or something to tie this story up.

And i watched this from Nyaatorrents, The 3gig .iso file. it did have a weird fuzziness when characters moved, anybody else get this?
Jul 24, 2010 7:19 PM

Feb 2008
There was a happy moment and there was a sad moment, cried a bit but it was overall a good OVA

Jul 24, 2010 7:25 PM

Feb 2008
Nothing wrong with the story plot, it's just like they rushing it too much. Well yeah of course they rush so fast that they already in second year.

13 episodes of Black Rock Shooter will be too short to fit all with the story but probably 26 episodes or even 52 episodes to make it more interesting.

SurferDude said:
FaithoftheFallen said:

Mato meets Yomi, then they become best friends for the first year of middle school. Come second year, they end up in different classes and Mato ends up hanging out with Yuu more. Yomi gets jealous, then Dead Master uses her emotions to possess her (insert filler info here on why). However, in the scenes afterwards, her eyes are green, the same as Yomi's. Yomi goes missing, Mato wants to find her and her emotions attracts BRS (insert more filler info here on why and how) and they become one. All the fight scenes, with the exception of the first one, chronologically take place after the final scene where Mato and BRS merge. In the last fight scene, Mato's emotions for Yomi somehow allows her to break free from being possessed by DM.

Congratulations, you got it right. That's exactly what happened. Of course, there will still be people here complaining that they didn't understand the story or whatever.

As far as I'm concerned, Black Rock Shooter=Samurai Jack+randomschoolanime. 7/10. Some more OVAs would be good, but with more action please.

Jul 24, 2010 7:44 PM

Apr 2010
Art was nice, music was nice, characters were okay, but the story as a whole was kind of...dull? The OVA wasn't bad, but not as good as I thought it would be.
Jul 24, 2010 8:27 PM
Jul 2008
I can't complain i watched it raw an i cant speak Japanese (yet lol) so i could only kinda catch what they were talking about as opposed to what they were really saying but the action scenes well choreographed and fluid, i have no frickin clue what was up with the end but since this was all based on a PV for a Hatsune Miku song, i cant really complain.. and they need to make more
Jul 24, 2010 9:14 PM

Jul 2010
sigh should of stuck to my japanese rosetta stone : /

I hate having to wait for subs : (
Jul 24, 2010 9:42 PM
May 2010
i was expecting more about the long time waiting ova,
I love brs but i can't rate it 10, sorry black rock shooter.
carlos-gsanJul 24, 2010 9:46 PM

Jul 24, 2010 9:55 PM

Sep 2008
The plot is super bland. Basically, they tried to do a cliche thing that can happen in pretty much any anime and throw in Black Rock Shooter to reinforce it. I'm not a fan of BRS at all but I was disappointed.

If anyone says this is awesome, there are about 300 other anime that are awesome that do the same things.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2010 10:11 PM

Oct 2007
The ED song is what bumped this up from a 7 to an 8 for me. It was good, but could have been better.
Jul 24, 2010 10:38 PM

Jul 2009
No Insane Black Rock Shooter! T.T

When the rosario on her chest is taken off, Moka's vampire inner self awakes.
Jul 24, 2010 10:45 PM
Oct 2009
im kinda disappointed =/
id been expecting this for a long time and i thought it would be amazing. It was pretty good but the story was kind of bland and by the time it was over i felt like it needed to continue expecially with the after credit part with Yuu....
also i wish they had gone into more detail with the characters such as Black Gold Saw and Strangth, but i guess they did the best they could with an OVA and the animation was really good
i hope they make another!!!!
Jul 24, 2010 10:55 PM

Feb 2010
Sad moments, and cool moments in the OVA. I like the music too.
There needs to be a sequel or something though ^^
Jul 24, 2010 11:16 PM
Jul 2010
i'm definitely NOT a BRS fan, but i watched the OVA anyways.

i like the last scene (before the credits), "...I am..I am... Black Rock Shooter"

9/10 (it kept me entertained, so i don't mind rating it high)
hilingcareJul 24, 2010 11:25 PM
Pages (12) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» worst f'ing anime of all time ( 1 2 3 )

catullus - Jul 27, 2010

100 by SilverCrono »»
Nov 5, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Would you like to see more Black★Rock Shooter? ( 1 2 )

Vandah - Jul 24, 2010

68 by lucio54 »»
Sep 15, 2021 9:56 PM

» Black★Rock Shooter (OVA) Need a Part 2

AkatsukiUlquiora - May 6, 2013

3 by AkatsukiUlquiora »»
Nov 13, 2020 9:31 AM

ShadowbladeEdge - Sep 12, 2009

23 by SingerOfW »»
Sep 8, 2011 11:48 AM

» Black Rock Shooter Gets New TV Anime in January

AmberFebruary - Aug 18, 2011

11 by SanzuNoKawa »»
Aug 19, 2011 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.