Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2010 10:37 AM
Jul 2010
Meh, dropped it. Too bad
Jul 20, 2010 11:56 AM

Aug 2009
It was an intense episode as always but nothing much happened in this one... apart from their grately anticipated escape from the school and the new characters introduced. Still I like this new backdrop change... the city is more intriguing than the school. This show although it clicks some wrong buttons once in a while has a style that is very captivating!

Oh and for once the nurse didn't really get on my nerves... i found she became a lil more sensible... maybe though it's also because of the appearance of this new teacher who looks really creepy.... :S i wonder what has he done to Rei to hate him so much...
JusticeUndoneJul 20, 2010 12:00 PM
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jul 20, 2010 1:11 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting. Promises a good plot. I might read manga.
Jul 20, 2010 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
Things are making less and less sense every episode.
Jul 20, 2010 3:01 PM

Sep 2007
SamTheNayru said:

When did zombiepocalypses make any sense in the first place? ._.
Jul 20, 2010 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
I actually watched Shaun of the Dead because of some of those comments, and let me tell you: LOL at the Ed-pet. Jesus Christ.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 20, 2010 3:48 PM

Sep 2008
lonercarrotII said:
Meh, dropped it. Too bad

Too bad for whom? The anime? LoLz. Oh no, they've just lost a non-paying customer who watched their show on the net....I think they'll shut down their studio's and end the series by next episode because of your one liner. That really hurt them.
Jul 20, 2010 4:13 PM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
SamTheNayru said:
When did zombiepocalypses make any sense in the first place? ._.
Well ever since- No wait, you're right, since when did anything zombiepocalypse-related ever make any sense?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 20, 2010 4:16 PM
Dec 2007
Democracy or the weapon of the weak. By the way, Shido is a great addition to the cast. Guess he'll be a much bigger threat than the zombies to the group.

That was a very good episode once again, well directed and with good (even if often highly unrealistic) developments.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 20, 2010 4:23 PM

Dec 2008
It's good, but some of this characters need to die really soon because they're grating on my nerves. I mean, seriously, why the fuck would anyone put up with that teacher's shit? They just saved his ass and all the students he brought with him! Speak up, you complacent turds.

And Takagi. Jesus Christ. I don't entirely hate her, her little duo with Hirano is fine, but if someone doesn't slap that bitch off her high horse soon, I might bust a gasket. "What makes you think a filthy otaku like you can interrupt me?!" (not verbatim) The zombies that he keeps saving you from do, bitch!
Jul 20, 2010 5:00 PM

Jul 2008
loved the shaun of the dead reference; and apparently only some of the people on the bus realize what that teacher is up to, meaning don't drink the kool-aid
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 20, 2010 6:38 PM
Jul 2010
obliviouz said:
lonercarrotII said:
Meh, dropped it. Too bad

Too bad for whom? The anime? LoLz. Oh no, they've just lost a non-paying customer who watched their show on the net....I think they'll shut down their studio's and end the series by next episode because of your one liner. That really hurt them.

relax dude...
too bad for me because I was hoping I would enjoy this anime and was looking forward to it...... but I ended up not liking it
Jul 20, 2010 6:46 PM
Jun 2010
Raph95 said:
Interesting. Promises a good plot. I might read manga.

Honestly, I prefer the manga over the anime. While it takes pretty much every generic zombie scenario and snug it together; my favorite horror genre is zombies and I read manga on occasion. What better combination to waste a little time.
Jul 20, 2010 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
Haylias said:
Apparently Shaun was in this episode, I'm glad they kept the cameo.

Yeah, I feel the same way : D
Great Lol-Cameo >:D
Jul 20, 2010 8:18 PM

Jan 2010
God damn I hate that fucker Shidou even more so now that he's in color. And so far so good. Managed to keep the chapter:episode ratio pretty well. The rate it's going, chapter 13 is the finale... Which is weird since that is a chapter not very linear to the storyline if you just add that in.. So I hope it ends at the end of the political mafia arc :D. Damn, I loved the first ED the best, but the other two aren't that bad.
Jul 20, 2010 8:19 PM

Jan 2010
obliviouz said:
lonercarrotII said:
Meh, dropped it. Too bad

ROFL LMAO +1
Jul 20, 2010 9:27 PM

Apr 2007
Found this episode more enjoyable than the previous 2. Series is actually starting to become enjoyable for me. I think I've even grown immune to the ridiculous bouncy boobs and fanservice.

That pink haired bitch, however, needs to go. At least the world-class-douche-of-a-teacher is entertaining to watch being a douche. The girl, however, is not and her voice is grating to my ears. No blame to the VA since I'm sure she's supposed to sound annoying as she is. And I can't even hope to see her die since she probably won't until the way end, which the anime probably will never cover.
Jul 20, 2010 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
I really hope that Rei explains why she wants the teacher dead. Not that the dude doesn't deserve to die, don't get me wrong. I just want an explanation. If we don't then Rei's just gonna piss me off this entire series.
Jul 20, 2010 10:05 PM

Jun 2010
Lepchin17 said:
I really hope that Rei explains why she wants the teacher dead. Not that the dude doesn't deserve to die, don't get me wrong. I just want an explanation. If we don't then Rei's just gonna piss me off this entire series.

O you will get an explanation soon enough...and it is justified too.
Jul 20, 2010 10:34 PM

Feb 2008
Yay for Rei.
She was awesome.
Jul 20, 2010 10:40 PM
Nov 2008
Lepchin17 said:

inb4 sexual harassment
Jul 20, 2010 10:56 PM
Feb 2009
Awesome shaun of the dead reference.

Shidou seems more of a douche in the anime.
Jul 21, 2010 1:39 AM
Feb 2010
That Shido character...I already dislike him. Poor kid with the ankle. That was horrible. =0

Rei is sort of growing on me, now. I take back everything I said. She's actually becoming a bit more ballsy now. The first two episodes destroyed her but this episode redeemed her.

I know Takagi is sort of annoying, but I think her character's route is to improve.

School nurse, on the other hand, is almost destined to die. But I doubt it because she's the poster child for Fanservice...

I liked this episode, though, a lot. It may be a little bit slow-paced, but it is really good. :D
Jul 21, 2010 1:42 AM

Sep 2009
its kool
Jul 21, 2010 1:42 AM

Aug 2008
Ok, I'm just wanna say what I think is obvious: They're not really "dead". They're just organisms that have been corrupted by some kind of mutation. True living dead don't give a rat's ass about having their heads smashed, and they don't care either if they've been set ablazed (unless we're talking of some serious firepower i.e. causing cremation).
Thus, they're still technically living beings. Albeit not human anymore.
Jul 21, 2010 1:45 AM

Apr 2008
not really dead? Have you seen some of the injuries those things walk around with. THEY ARE DEAD.

Genix said:
True living dead don't give a rat's ass about having their heads smashed

The BRAIN is what moves the body. Smash the brain and the body can no longer move. It's basic biology FFS
Jul 21, 2010 2:01 AM
Feb 2010
Rewatched the ep and god....all who agree to vote Shidou as biggest douche ever say "i"
Honestly, he annoys me even more when animated....(Especially when he kicked the kid in the face. Which reminds me....any1 thinking "This is Sparta" at that scene?)

Darklight0303 said:
not really dead? Have you seen some of the injuries those things walk around with. THEY ARE DEAD.

+ 1
KoisolaJul 21, 2010 2:04 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Jul 21, 2010 4:15 AM

Oct 2008
Well, seems like Rei was less annoying this episode.

And that Shidou teacher is so... urgh. Hate people like that.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 21, 2010 4:34 AM
Jul 2008
Still don't like how each episode ends with a commentary. It gives it a some what bright ending to a "horror" type anime, and the commentary makes it sound like this happened in the past... but can't really blame the producer of the anime because he's just following what happens in the manga.

Rei should have whacked that stick/spear on Shidou like she did on the other guy!

Jul 21, 2010 4:37 AM

Jul 2007
If I'd been there I'd club that teacher and throw him outside of the bus, there is no time for that kind of human trash in zombie apocalypse. :) Also the annoying fighting with words seems so pointless.
Jul 21, 2010 11:39 AM

May 2010
Shaun of the Dead, fuck yes.
I hate the teacher dude though hope he dies in a fire
Jul 21, 2010 12:20 PM

Jan 2008
SwordWielder said:
Haylias said:
Apparently Shaun was in this episode, I'm glad they kept the cameo.

he was? when?

I missed that as well.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 21, 2010 12:22 PM

Jun 2008
Fuck yeah shaun reference was kept.
Jul 21, 2010 1:26 PM

Mar 2009
at least we have some motherfucking asshole now
Jul 21, 2010 1:50 PM

Dec 2009
this show is so controversial, almost every opinion is considered either stupid or trolling.
anyways, I was impressed by episode 3, I thought it was better than the rest, it had some real material to it, not just gore and fanservice. I can see a plot being developed and because of this HOTD just went from a 5/10 to a 7/10 for me.
Jul 21, 2010 4:59 PM

Feb 2010
"I really don't like this guy!"
"Why don't you like me?!"

*eyeroll*

Anyway, definitely needs more fanservice. Less of the zombie variety though, ha.
Jul 21, 2010 6:19 PM

Sep 2008
Riga92 said:
Lepchin17 said:

O you will get an explanation soon enough...and it is justified too.

still doesn't justify why she's a bitch...

So who's a Saeko fan?

This guy...
Jul 22, 2010 12:41 AM
May 2008
This episode totally gave me Resident evil 2 flashbacks, Flaming zombies and a rendezvous at the police station.
SmileLo5erJul 22, 2010 12:46 AM
Jul 22, 2010 11:36 AM

Jul 2010
Awesome episode. Usually, characters like Mr. Shido piss the hell out of me... but I'm looking forward to what he has to offer. Poor kid though. And Takashi should've taken that guy on himself; useless.
Jul 22, 2010 12:57 PM

Dec 2006
Headstomp was legendary.
リスト 。。

Jul 22, 2010 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
Meh, this episode was okay I guess. New characters ... uh, okay. I thought the blue haired girl (still can't remember her name lol) said Shido was from 3A? Now he's a teacher? Huhhhh?
Derp, Rei is really pissing me off again (and after not being that bad last episode, too!)
Lol English TV XD Also, WTF that one thing hitting the staircase went through the ENTIRE SCHOOL? You would have thought FIGHTING / RUNNING / PEOPLE SCREAMING / ETC. would have done it ... and you would have thought they'd throw stuff to distract the zombies earlier than this O_O
Jul 22, 2010 7:09 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was at least interesting, more than previous episodes. Expecting the next episode!
Jul 23, 2010 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
Lol racist show is racist. It always has to be a black guy that's the criminal.
Jul 23, 2010 4:13 AM
Jun 2008
LOL!!!
Jul 23, 2010 6:56 AM

Jun 2010
So, some assholes joined and ruined how epic the team of six seems to be, and got them separated? Damn.

How the hell does the main character keep his baseball bat conveniently hanging by his belt when he's not using it though?
Jul 23, 2010 7:08 AM

May 2010
not bad episode but I hope Shido-sensei will die terribly in the next xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jul 23, 2010 8:01 AM
May 2010
I liked the episode, but episode one tops it for me. I still can't get over that epic ending with the scream, and the music. It can give a nerd like myself chills, for understanding the drama. hahaha! Anyways, I really liked that new guy that stomped that kids head when he sprung his ankle, and I cannot recall his name, sadly. >_< Anyways, when he did that it gave that guy a lot of character if you understand where I'm coming from. I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 23, 2010 8:07 AM
May 2010
EvianBubble said:
Meh, this episode was okay I guess. New characters ... uh, okay. I thought the blue haired girl (still can't remember her name lol) said Shido was from 3A? Now he's a teacher? Huhhhh?
Derp, Rei is really pissing me off again (and after not being that bad last episode, too!)
Lol English TV XD Also, WTF that one thing hitting the staircase went through the ENTIRE SCHOOL? You would have thought FIGHTING / RUNNING / PEOPLE SCREAMING / ETC. would have done it ... and you would have thought they'd throw stuff to distract the zombies earlier than this O_O

xD Rei reminds me of the drama girls from any other show, and that thing going through the entire school wasn't even relative! Really, even if it is anime it sort of bothered me, but I still liked it non-the less. :D
Jul 23, 2010 12:01 PM

Feb 2010
OShoranO said:
Lol racist show is racist. It always has to be a black guy that's the criminal.

I think it's criminal that everyone's skin gets discolored and deteriorated when they become a zombie.

Zombies are the most racist horror monsters ever.

Or maybe they're the least racist, equalizing everyone into rotting fleshbags. Rotting fleshbags that only want to hug!

And eat brains.
Jul 23, 2010 1:15 PM

Aug 2009
Wow now we get this power hungry teacher. I bet that same guy will become a traitor and leave everyone in that bus when everyone gets into trouble. Why did Takashi save that teacher!? Plus, his students seems to be the "brain washed type" of students so those votes didn't count. :(

Okay so Takashi and spear girl got separated from the others. I wonder what will happen and who will last longer. The motorcycle or the bus? or will they get reunited in the future?

Oh and apparently the zombie plague didn't only happen in Japan but it spread around the world. I bet Russia's the only safe place since in soviet russia you eat the zombies.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

542 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FaithoftheFallen - Aug 15, 2010

425 by Hue_Enjoyer »»
7 hours ago

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.