Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 17, 2010 4:45 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The series started out strong, but ultimately petered out around the "imagination = reality" revelation. Giving it a 6/10 overall.
Nov 4, 2010 9:07 PM

Oct 2008
i loved it but i still dont get what happened at the end
Nov 19, 2010 2:17 PM

Jan 2010
just finished...it was good and i liked it but there are some things i don't get...

I think the real Kasumi died after falling off the cliff. Then Shizuku went mad, medusa overcame her and she created the monsters and medusa-Kasumi which is the main character....right?
I think i'm right so far but..that's where it starts to get all tangled up. If I got it right then the medusa world created in sleep will crumble once the person dreaming of it awakens. Or at least that's what Alice said. So keeping this in mind...what would happen to medusa-Kasumi if Shizuku awakened? She would die, wouldn't she?
And btw..what happend to Shizuku? Did she die? And if so, why is the medusa-Ksaumi still alive???

Uh..does someone get what happend and could explain it to me?
Dec 3, 2010 4:17 PM
Nov 2010
I think a Medusa can survive without its host since Katherine's Bird-Medusa still remains after her death... So Shizuku really could have died in the end, but I'm not sure about what Alice said (about the world residing in a [Shizuku's?] dream) though. : / But this crumbling thing when the host awakens doesn't seem to apply to finished Medusas...
BufudyneDec 7, 2010 9:54 AM
Dec 4, 2010 5:06 AM

Jan 2010
Oh..yeah, that does make sense somehow ^^ thank you :)
Jun 8, 2011 4:44 PM

May 2008
It was alright, those monster were pretty slow. I regret reading this.
Jul 10, 2011 4:03 AM
Jul 2009
The story had a good premise and idea, but unfortunately a bunch of things simply didn't make sense. Like why does Kasumi's bracelet turn black when she is Shizuku's medusa? Also the hacking bs at the end was quite stupid. Apparently you take down a medusa that turns dreams into reality by mashing a keyboard.
Aug 5, 2012 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
I guess i'm the only one that actually liked it.

I was right about Kazumi being the girl in the light, but I didn't quite get the details of right of how. I didn't think she actually died, I just thought something along the lines of it was all her dream.

And I thought it was the real Shizuku during the last chapter and a half. I assume she went crazy and lost her mind after killing her own sister.

And I assume Zeus set everything up from the beginning. Probably giving medusa-Kazumi a fake bracelet, putting her in the tube, directing the others to protect her. Zeus set up everything.

And I was under the assumption that Marco just stopped Zeus and his plans at the end, then rescued medusa-Kazumi. I think what all happened with the 3 girls was what caused the creature the disappear.

Interesting ending scene though. The title of the series suddenly fits. This was definitely one of series where the story of the characters are over, but there is clearly more to be done. I'm glad they said that all the creatures around the world didn't just disappear too. The fight against will continue, but people around the world might begin to realize the power of medusa. I assume a continuation will never happen, but I think i'm ok with that.
Sep 16, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
It was interesting, but the ending was kinda hard to read lol
I know the real Kasumi died, and Shizuku created a fake version of her which searches for her through the story..but why did Shizuku die at the end? lol
Aug 14, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
overall is good, I like the ideas the characters the story etc

the part I don't like is when Zeus acts like James Bond villain "I give u keyboards, lets see if u can defeat a god like me with your hacking haha"

Marco getting revived also a bit too convenient...

and wanting to die together is really way over the relationship of siblings, that leaves more room of imagination for us readers :)
Jan 2, 2014 1:27 PM

Mar 2013
I think it got pretty bad when zeus appeared for the first time. since then i was wtf is going on till the end.
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 24, 2014 2:59 AM
Feb 2010
I enjoyed the manga due to the great beginning and awesome pacing. A few things got me down though.
I really wish there was psychotic sister, who designed the Medusa on purpose. When it was revealed Zeus was manipulating everything, it was awesome, but kind of lost speed. I was hoping the sister would appear like an apparition like Alice, and that Alice's final involvement would be a majestic or twisted medusa.
I guess the journey was great but the boss battle was weak, yet in the end I loved the characters in the story, and am happy with it.
Jul 8, 2014 3:14 AM

May 2012
This kind of reminds me of the animated movie Atlantis... Except that was actually kind of good... Thought the keikaku doori planned since ever twist was pretty terribly executed.
Oct 16, 2014 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Strange manga. I'm rating this a 4/10. Honestly, this series needed more chapters and had characters that could of been likable. However, I couldn't find myself liking many. The finale chapter was also shit when it came to storytelling.

Good action though and major themes but I don't think it achieved its purpose.
Dec 8, 2016 6:40 AM

Jan 2014
I really did enjoy this manga, but I have to say the ending just did not live up to the rest of the story.
Nov 13, 2019 5:49 PM

Oct 2019
I have a general clue of what happened but the end felt kinda rushed ? It was great from beginning through the middle the end just really threw me off. It was a great series in my opinion it just didn't execute all the way through. I'm pretty lenient with things I like and since I loved it I guess I give the "eh" ending some slack vs others who didn't like it much to begin with. to be fucking honest I thought the sister was evil and went insane from some sorta grudge against her sister but that's not what happened...So yeah I kinda got whiplash but overall pretty good as a series.
Nov 17, 2019 4:33 PM

Oct 2012
Very average and uninspiring - surprised the reviews for this are so high.

For this type of manga you usually need to get attached to characters and that is usually the goal of mangaka...

But in this case it kind of failed making you care for characters.
Story despite being slightly better than average just didn't keep you interested and since you didn't really care what happened to characters and the mysteries there were not that interesting to discover..

The concept itself wasn't that bad but it ended up being pretty average - 6/10.
HentaichegNov 18, 2019 2:43 AM
Feb 22, 2021 3:36 AM
Oct 2019
So confusing, I read the whole thing in one sitting and I'm pretty disappointed & tired. 6/10 for me
Aug 6, 2023 3:42 AM
Oct 2009
Pretty late but this is my take: Kasumi died. Shizuku went mad and was separated from her Medusa, which became a copy of Kasumi from Shizuku's memories. Normally that would have been it, but Zeus's machine kept her dreaming and regretting until she produced the mother of monsters. Doing this consumed the totality of her body (just like making the bunny consumed 80% of Alice's body) but her soul remained attached to the monster, anchored to the feeling of regret that the capsule containing her kept playing over and over. That's why when Kasumi reached the capsule the only thing she found in there was the very vivid memory of real Kasumi's death and the remnant of Shizuku's soul.

More topics from this board

Poll: » King of Thorn Chapter 35 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 2, 2012

1 by Hirax »»
Dec 7, 2016 11:01 AM

Poll: » King of Thorn Chapter 26 Discussion

Vin-nii - Aug 27, 2008

6 by Hirax »»
Dec 6, 2016 12:13 PM

Poll: » King of Thorn Chapter 23 Discussion

removed-user - Jul 16, 2012

1 by Hirax »»
Dec 6, 2016 8:11 AM

Poll: » King of Thorn Chapter 13 Discussion

crazyspinz - May 1, 2011

3 by Hirax »»
Dec 5, 2016 2:50 PM

Poll: » King of Thorn Chapter 11 Discussion

crazyspinz - May 1, 2011

2 by Hirax »»
Dec 5, 2016 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.