Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 10, 2008 3:20 AM

May 2008
Wow. Uploading anime illegally may be wrong by law but i always thought that as long as u dont charge for the viewing of the anime and say that i not ur own, more like a disclaimer, it was ok in away. Many ppl to it with movies that are in theatres, sigh*.

I do feel bad for the ppl that go to jail for sharing. In a way they are taking one for the team of anime lovers.

I hope in the future it would be easy to share anime without ppl getting in trouble.

peace!!
May 10, 2008 3:56 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

The reason I mention this is because most torrent downloads come in HD quality, ripped off from DVDs. Now if you buy the DVD and compare the quality from the download and the original, there the same. There's no quality drop if it's DVD rips or cable/satellite settop rips which almost all the raws are now a days.

You've obviously never watched a TV broadcast or authentic DVD compared next to fansubbing. Fansubbed encodes are lossy. That's the very nature of 100-350Mb releases instead of 2Gb VOBs or 10Gb TS files. I own hundreds of DVDs. I have terabytes of fansubs, I watch stuff on TV (usually out of morbid curiosity) and I can 100% without a doubt say that both TV and DVD looks at LEAST 5x better than any fansub, even the increasingly common 350Mb HD releases.

Divx and 264 compression results in quality loss. That's just the way it works. You shrink the raw file size, and it looks worse, period.

Of course, if you have eye cancer and/or are the kind of person who thinks streamed anime is tolerable quality, maybe you really can't notice the difference.
May 10, 2008 3:57 AM

Apr 2007
TBH that flame_haze guy is a douche. I don't think there's anything wrong with ripping and airing anime the stuff's free on JApanese TV anyway this is just airing it to the whole world which clearly wants it.
Also if they didn't rip and upload it to the internet those animes would probably have a ton less people following them and American companies probably wouldn't bother to pick them up. I can't imagine they'd both dubbing animes that Americans aren't watching. Which they wouldn't be as they can't download the episodes.
If I lieved in Japan I'd gladly upload the RAWs =/ you're just promoting the anime. And promoting it a lot. If I were one of the owners of the animes currently being ripped and uploaded like Vampire Knight ?I'd be very pleased because it's getting them a lot of fans and ultimately getting them more purchases when it eventualy does come out on DVD. People aren't going to buy them without having seen them before and true fans will actualy buy them I have a whole shelf full of r etail animes. These fucks need to be raped with a rake =/ those guys are promoters IMO and should be given jobs at anime companies haha.

"Mr. Flame Haze, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

I can't remember what this was from? I Think it had Adam sandler in and he said a simple no would do. Was it Billy Madison?

Flame_Haze seems to be aruging that he's ok watching it as long as he didn't upload it... That's like he's not in the wrong for watching a guy beat a child to death because he's not actualy doing it when he could have stopped it. God you're an imbecile people like you shouldn't even be on this site. GTFO
DamoizgodMay 10, 2008 4:07 AM
May 10, 2008 4:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I can understand why there have been suggestions about not allowing these kinda threads anymore.

You guys are incapabale of having a proper discussion, and you start to insult each other. This is not tollerated.

Topic locked.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.