Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 9, 2008 9:13 AM

Nov 2007
On May 9 the Kyoto Police's Task force arrested three individuals for suspicion of uploading ripped anime episodes through the P2P program, "Share."
Apparently "Share" was developed by an anonymous user in order to create a more "anonymous" and secure P2P program after the similar incident of arresting of an individual charged for uploading anime through Winny,
but since 2006 the security researchers have found flaws in the program.

Source: ANN // Kyoto Shimbun

Though the article does not say, it is speculated that the arrested three are one of the most popular rippers through Share:

神奈川県川崎市の会社員: YS2 (34歳)
東京都日野市の会社員:  92J (41歳)
広島県東広島市の大学生: YnX (21歳)
(through here)

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2008 9:45 AM

Mar 2007
Canned Dogs says they was one of the most popular. http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/05/09/police-arrest-3-people-that-shared-anime-on-share/

This is a blow to fansubs and if things continue fansubs will be hurt overall and that's a good thing. Once people can't get their free anime fix anytime they want they will either buy dvds, only watch it on tv/adultswim fix etc., from their friends collections, or stop watching anime all together.
May 9, 2008 9:48 AM

Sep 2007
Flame_Haze said:

This is a blow to fansubs and if things continue fansubs will be hurt overall and thats good thing. Once people can't get their free anime fix anytime they want they will either buy dvds or quit watching anime.

Someone else will simply pick up the slack in Japan. Fansubs won't ever be stopped.
May 9, 2008 9:49 AM
Jun 2007
Flame_Haze said:
Canned Dogs says they was one of the most popular. http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/05/09/police-arrest-3-people-that-shared-anime-on-share/

This is a blow to fansubs and if things continue fansubs will be hurt overall and thats good thing. Once people can't get their free anime fix anytime they want they will either buy dvds or quit watching anime.

People like you make me laugh. Do you realize how long it probably took them too crack who was putting this stuff on Share? Fansubs aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

And really, do you think all anime is licensed and released for a fair price? It isn't. You're delusional.

Already read about this on 4chan hours and hours ago. It sucks, I hope the guys don't have too stay in jail too long. The Japanese don't really care about fansubs. Sites like Crunchyroll get a free ride despite having tons of illegal content on there.

May 9, 2008 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
yeah it's still a rumor but according to various blogs/websites and 2ch, pretty much accurate to say YS2, 92J and YnX were the three people X_X

if it's true, oh noes what is gonna happen to the internet anime community... (including MAL)
but on the other hand we've still got guys like しゃな or C22 or OV0... though I highly presume their activity is gonna be much retained...
until something like Share EX3 comes out. (???)

May 9, 2008 10:05 AM
Jun 2007
Flame_Haze said:

This is a blow to fansubs and if things continue fansubs will be hurt overall and that's a good thing.

Oh and it's pretty hypocritical of you too act so condescendingly towards fansubs when you obviously use them.

May 9, 2008 10:07 AM

Mar 2007
MAL can still survive even if all fansubs were eliminated worldwide. People who go to jail for ripping AND uploading anime on p2p are getting their just reward.
May 9, 2008 10:12 AM
Jun 2007
Flame_Haze said:
MAL can still survive even if all fansubs were eliminated worldwide. People who go to jail for ripping AND uploading anime on p2p are getting their just reward.

Then you should perhaps confess your crimes of piracy/theft and face the law. But I suppose you can't because you're a bigot.

May 9, 2008 10:14 AM

Mar 2007
Youtube, Veoh and Crunchyroll are all legal for me to watch anime on. Too bad I'm not breaking any law.
May 9, 2008 10:16 AM

Sep 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Flame_Haze said:

Then you should perhaps confess your crimes of piracy/theft and face the law. But I suppose you can't because you're a bigot.

You show 5/8 signs of being a troll.

Recommended Action: Chill Out

Anyway, I have no problem with stating to anyone I watch illegally downloaded anime because the US honestly doesn't give half a rat's ass.
May 9, 2008 10:18 AM

Sep 2007
Flame_Haze said:
Youtube, Veoh and Crunchyroll are all legal for me to watch anime on. Too bad I'm not breaking any law.

And I guessing all the anime you watch is dubed, correct?
May 9, 2008 10:20 AM

Mar 2007
I'm guessing it doesn't matter, correct? I watch both.
May 9, 2008 10:21 AM

Nov 2007
Flame_Haze said:

And where do you think all those videos uploaded to those sites are originally coming from?

As long as you don't live in japan, and stay up late till 26:00 etc to watch airing shows directly through local TV,
there is no way of watching them unless SOMEONE rips it from TV and uploads it, whether it be low-quality NicoNico Douga or HQ 720p rip through Share or Winny.
Obviously you know that fact.

May 9, 2008 10:22 AM

Jan 2008
look at his list, he's watching anime that are currently being aired....what a d*&ba$s...if they stop all the raw uploaders....who knows how long he'd have to wait to watch a north american licensed subbed/dubbed episode...ugh
May 9, 2008 10:23 AM

Mar 2007
It doesn't matter where those videos come from since I had no hand in them getting to the site. If the illegal fansubs don't go on the sites I'm fine with that.

@bluecorp
It wouldn't bother me at all if they stopped subbing and releasing the raws of the series I'm "watching" atm. FYI some of the series I'm currently watching is on LEGAL dvds so stfu.

Edit #2: Well rewatching actually.
Flame_HazeMay 9, 2008 10:26 AM
May 9, 2008 10:25 AM

Sep 2007
Flame_Haze said:

I total agree I am modified by people who disregard artificial government imposed restrictions on what they can do with what they have bought lawfully. I mean honesty think of the children!

Ok I'll drop the BS and just make it clear I use fansubs, and buy stuff I really like if its a decent price. Although more then that I am am pro extreme copy"right" reform.

PS: whats good for the goose is good for the gander, your current avatar and sig are themselves vilolations of copyright. Therefor according to your own logic you should be turning yourself in right about now.
May 9, 2008 10:26 AM

Sep 2007
bluecorp said:
look at his list, he's watching anime that are currently being aired....what a dumbass...if they stop all the raw uploaders....who knows how long he'd have to wait to watch a north american licensed subbed/dubbed episode...ugh

I feel like I'm talking to a wall. They won't stop the uploaders. His point is that while its against the law, its still there, so he's gonna watch it. Its like someone offering to share a cookie with you they stole from their mom's cookie jar.

What I really find funny is that everyone jumps on someone they think is a hypocrite when they do the same thing as he does. At least he admits its wrong and shouldn't be done. You people expect everything should be served to you for free on a silver platter.

Seriously, chill people.
May 9, 2008 10:26 AM

Jan 2008
dude..juss about every anime on ur list is currently airing...and some that aren't currently airing...rnt yet released in north america...
May 9, 2008 10:28 AM

Aug 2007
Oh well. I'm pretty sure that people still won't stop uploading anime in the internet anyway.
May 9, 2008 10:29 AM

Mar 2007
Warll said:
Flame_Haze said:

I total agree I am modified by people who disregard artificial government imposed restrictions on what they can do with what they have bought lawfully. I mean honesty think of the children!

Ok I'll drop the BS and just make it clear I use fansubs, and buy stuff I really like if its a decent price. Although more then that I am am pro extreme copy"right" reform.

PS: whats good for the goose is good for the gander, your current avatar and sig are themselves vilolations of copyright. Therefor according to your own logic you should be turning yourself in right about now.
bluecorp said:
dude..juss about every anime on ur list is currently airing...and some that aren't currently airing...rnt yet released in north america...

Dude I don't care. I'm rewatching Lucky Star and Noein that I have legit dvds . Don't piss your pants because I'm watching shows legally on veoh, youtube, and crunchyroll.
May 9, 2008 10:32 AM

Nov 2007
Flame_Haze said:
Dude I don't care. I'm rewatching Lucky Star and Noein that I have legit dvds . Don't piss your pants because I'm watching shows legally on veoh, youtube, and crunchyroll.

Unless it's not "BLASSREITER" or "Tower of Druaga" directly provided by GONZO that you're watching on Youtube, veoh, crunchyroll etc,
there is no difference in watching through a streaming site or through Torrent/P2P downloads.

What makes you think watching all the uploaded vids on YT is "legal"?

May 9, 2008 10:34 AM

Sep 2007
kimatg said:
Flame_Haze said:

Unless it's not "BLASSREITER" or "Tower of Druaga" directly provided by GONZO that you're watching on Youtube, veoh, crunchyroll etc,
there is no difference in watching through a streaming site or through Torrent/P2P downloads.

What makes you think watching all the uploaded vids on YT is "legal"?

Watching the content off of video sharing sites like youtube is legal. Downloading it is illegal. See, here's where you're getting mixed up: It's illegal for it to be on those sites, but not illegal to view them.
May 9, 2008 10:34 AM

Mar 2007
It's not illegal to watch streams on a site like them. The uploaders who upload the content are responsible for their content, not the people who watch it. Sorry I'm not doing anything illegal as much as you want to say and prove I am, when you can't.
May 9, 2008 10:50 AM

Jan 2008
Flame_Haze said:
This is a blow to fansubs and if things continue fansubs will be hurt overall and that's a good thing.

...frankly i don't care if ur doin illegal stuff or not it was never my point ...it's juss that even though u obviously watch anime that ppl "ripp and send over"...prolly even some that was ripped by one or more of those three that were caught...u seem very happy that they were caught trying to supply ppl like myself...and urself with anime. ...it juss gets/rubs me the wrong way when ppl use a "service" (illegal or not, it's the same thing) and show no gratitude...
May 9, 2008 10:54 AM

Mar 2007
Well you see fansubs are doing something called killing the anime industry. Not stopping them means an eventual total annihilation of the anime industry or just a couple of "guaranteed" safe shows that will sell well in Japan's market but not elsewhere.
May 9, 2008 10:56 AM

Sep 2007
bluecorp said:

...frankly i don't care if ur doin illegal stuff or not it was never my point ...it's juss that even though u obviously watch anime that ppl "ripp and send over"...prolly even some that was ripped by one or more of those three that were caught...u seem very happy that they were caught trying to supply ppl like myself...and urself with anime. ...it juss gets/rubs me the wrong way when ppl use a "service" (illegal or not, it's the same thing) and show no gratitude...

I'll skip my spelling nazi rant and go straight to the point. He doesn't CARE if they get brought down. If he gets cut off, he'll simply be patient and wait for the official release. But as long as they're there, he's gonna use them. There's a million other things people do this with in the world that I'm not even gonna bother mentioning. Honestly, I don't care if they get brought down. I'll just wait for the official release and watch it in japanese with subs on the DVD. And if anime gets too annoying, I'll just move on to manga because its cheaper and generally the original story for many animes (unless they are original works, etc...)
May 9, 2008 10:59 AM

Jan 2008
Flame_Haze said:

This is a blow to fansubs and if things continue fansubs will be hurt overall and that's a good thing. Once people can't get their free anime fix anytime they want they will either buy dvds, only watch it on tv/adultswim fix etc., from their friends collections, or stop watching anime all together.

LoL! People who think that this will stop or actually deter fansubbing are living in fantasy land. As long as the demand exists, new and better methods of trafficking the product will be made. Look at how successful the "war on drugs" has been at stopping the thousands of smugglers who import the shit into the US every year. If anything this hard line approach will do nothing more than drive the fansubbing world further underground and make it increasingly more difficult to combat.

The anime industry has to adapt to beat fansubbing at it's own game. Gonzo's YouTube and CrunchyRoll simultaneous releasing strategy this season is the first step in that direction. Now if Gonzo could actually start making good anime like they have done occasionally in the past, then I might actually buy some more of their dvds.

May 9, 2008 11:03 AM

Mar 2007
If you ask me you set your standards much too high for buying dvds and you take what you can get with your fansubs. That's quite ironic and very bad for the industry. There are many places to read reviews to find out if anime is good etc.
May 9, 2008 11:07 AM

Jan 2008
all this aside,...
...anyway...every1 has a right to their opinion...so, w/e
May 9, 2008 11:15 AM

Jan 2008
Flame_Haze said:
Well you see fansubs are doing something called killing the anime industry. Not stopping them means an eventual total annihilation of the anime industry or just a couple of "guaranteed" safe shows that will sell well in Japan's market but not elsewhere.

It is killing the FOREIGN anime industry, but it really only cuts into the export profit margins of the domestic Japanese anime industry. If you honestly think that native speakers are waiting every night just so they can get a copy of their favorite new show with subtitles they can't even read then you've gotta be brain damaged. Also this notion that anime companies are producing new shows that will ONLY sell well in a foreign market, but not domestically, is absolutely ludicrous.

May 9, 2008 11:20 AM
Jun 2007
HA! You self-deluding hypocrite Flame_Haze.

Yes, Shiranai, I am quite aware that what I do is illegal. HOWEVER, and please read this carefully: I AM NOT SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THE UPLOADERS. Whereas Flame_Haze is. That is the crucial difference between us.

And viewing anime on Crunchyroll/Youtube etc. IS illegal. It is. You knowingly stream it too your computer and watch it somewhere the creators did not give permission for it too be seen. "What I'm not doing isn't illegal" my ass. IT IS ILLEGAL. You are no different than those uploaders. For you too speak against them is completely hypocritical. No buts ands or ifs.

You speak like fansubs should be stopped and yet use them yourself. That's like me going out and harpooning whales and then complaining about decreasing whale populations. Or a cop who does drug busts and then takes and uses the drugs himself. It's COWARDLY. You are a COWARD.

May 9, 2008 11:21 AM

Sep 2007
Flame_Haze said:
If you ask me you set your standards much too high for buying dvds and you take what you can get with your fansubs. That's quite ironic and very bad for the industry. There are many places to read reviews to find out if anime is good etc.

You still have not explained your avatar or sig, both of which while not being direct from the anime itself are derivative works. Not that I think you should go to jail, fact is I think that would be stupid, but hey I'm not the one calling for people to go to jail over sharing anime.
May 9, 2008 11:22 AM

Sep 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
Flame_Haze said:

It is killing the FOREIGN anime industry, but it really only cuts into the export profit margins of the domestic Japanese anime industry. If you honestly think that native speakers are waiting every night just so they can get a copy of their favorite new show with subtitles they can't even read then you've gotta be brain damaged. Also this notion that anime companies are producing new shows that will ONLY sell well in a foreign market, but not domestically, is absolutely ludicrous.

People are downloading the raws in Japan in lieu of paying for the channels that they air on with TV as well as not buying the DVDs. Of course, Japan is already taking this matter into hand.
May 9, 2008 11:25 AM

Apr 2007
Flame_Haze said:

LOL. Kill what industry? A bunch of faggots that take someone else's work and piss all over it with their (generally) shitty dubs and then try to sell them for a profit? I couldn't care less. Dubbing companies are not responsible for keeping anime alive. It will continue to exist whether they are around or not.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2008 11:26 AM
Jun 2007
Neverender said:

LOL. Kill what industry? A bunch of faggots that take someone else's work and piss all over it with their (generally) shitty dubs and then try to sell them for a profit? I couldn't care less. Dubbing companies are not responsible for keeping anime alive. It will continue to exist whether they are around or not.

Flame_Haze is attempting too seem somewhat moral. But in the end is all talk and no walk.

May 9, 2008 11:28 AM

Sep 2007
AnimusNathan said:

Yes, Shiranai, I am quite aware that what I do is illegal. HOWEVER, and please read this carefully: I AM NOT SPEAKING OUT AGAINST THE UPLOADERS. Whereas Flame_Haze is. That is the crucial difference between us.

And viewing anime on Crunchyroll/Youtube etc. IS illegal. It is. You knowingly stream it too your computer and watch it somewhere the creators did not give permission for it too be seen. "What I'm not doing isn't illegal" my ass. IT IS ILLEGAL. You are no different than those uploaders. For you too speak against them is completely hypocritical. No buts ands or ifs.

You speak like fansubs should be stopped and yet use them yourself. That's like me going out and harpooning whales and then complaining about decreasing whale populations. Or a cop who does drug busts and then takes and uses the drugs himself. It's COWARDLY. You are a COWARD.

Its technically NOT illegal. Its called a loophole in the law. Anyone with marginal intellect can understand this. Should it be against the law? Probably. But it isn't. Get your facts straight before you come in here spouting your crap.

And its very easy to call someone a coward over the internet. I'm not gonna waste my time on a faceless, but you'd think differently if you were held accountable for your slander. Shows us who the coward is, hm?

And yes. I ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD ANIME. YES IT IS ILLEGAL. And to be honest, I don't give a damn. The uploaders ARE breaking the law. But the law is something set in place by a government and I honestly couldn't give a horse's ass about what the government says or thinks. But it doesn't change the fact that your argument is defunct and useless.
May 9, 2008 11:29 AM

Sep 2007
AnimusNathan said:

Actual it all depends on where you live. For instance here in Canada its legal to download and even legal to passively upload. This is also the case in japan, except for the passive upload, maybe.It is illegal though to put effort in uploading, for instance posting on a forum with links to files you have upload, or posting on your blog how your fansub has just released the next ep. Anyway this just means that he is correct in that viewing it on Youtube is not illegal, but the same goes for direct downloads and Bittorrent.
May 9, 2008 11:29 AM

Mar 2007
Well first off that was such an Elitist post Neverender that I won't respond to it.

@Warll we are talking about anime shows, not avatars/sigs.
May 9, 2008 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
Neverender said:
Flame_Haze said:

Got news for you, companies like FUNimation and ADV really are the butter of the industry. Anime won't survive alone in Japan, no matter how much you want it to. When this industry comes crashing down, you will all be sorely disappointed.

You're all suffocating the industry, whether you like it or not. Whether you will belive it or not, you are every time you download, every time you stream.

I'm sorry you are all to cheap to pay 20-26 bucks for a DVD, I really am.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cV0b8bEaT4I
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
May 9, 2008 11:34 AM
Jun 2007
Shiranai said:

Its technically NOT illegal. Its called a loophole in the law. Anyone with marginal intellect can understand this. Should it be against the law? Probably. But it isn't. Get your facts straight before you come in here spouting your crap.

It is illegal. First sign of an idiot: "durrr loophole." No loophole. When you stream you are temporarily downloading it. It's the same as downloading. And it's all illegal. It's called piracy, if ya didn't know.

Shiranai said:

And its very easy to call someone a coward over the internet. I'm not gonna waste my time on a faceless, but you'd think differently if you were held accountable for your slander. Shows us who the coward is, hm?

Flame_Haze, yes. I am not a coward. I follow through with my words, I stay true too what I say, and I don't flip-flop on what I think is right. "I'd think differently if I were held accountable for my slander" no I wouldn't. I am completely aware of what I do, I don't feign innocence unlike Flame_Haze.

Shiranai said:

And yes. I ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD ANIME. YES IT IS ILLEGAL. And to be honest, I don't give a damn. The uploaders ARE breaking the law. But the law is something set in place by a government and I honestly couldn't give a horse's ass about what the government says or thinks. But it doesn't change the fact that your argument is defunct and useless.

HOW is my argument defunct? So I guess if I claim that the sky is green, it must really be green huh? My argument is that saying one thing and doing another is cowardly. You have yet too invalidate that.

May 9, 2008 11:34 AM

Sep 2007
Flame_Haze@Warll we are talking about anime shows, not avatars/sigs.
[/quote said:

No we are talking about copyright. Don't think for a second that the law they broke were tilted the "No sharing anime law"
May 9, 2008 11:35 AM
Jun 2007
Warll said:

Actual it all depends on where you live. For instance here in Canada its legal to download and even legal to passively upload. This is also the case in japan, except for the passive upload, maybe.It is illegal though to put effort in uploading, for instance posting on a forum with links to files you have upload, or posting on your blog how your fansub has just released the next ep. Anyway this just means that he is correct in that viewing it on Youtube is not illegal, but the same goes for direct downloads and Bittorrent.

Find me a law that says its legal too do so. Otherwise it's still piracy.

May 9, 2008 11:37 AM

Jan 2008
guys...leave Flame alone...hopefully u've realized that...

..that's the saying, i'm not tryin to offend
May 9, 2008 11:38 AM
Jun 2007
bluecorp said:
guys...leave Flame alone...hopefully u've realized that...

..that's the saying, i'm not tryin to offend

How is arguing over the internet any different from arguing in real life? People can still lie in both, the things that are argued over are the same, people still get angry at each other etc.

May 9, 2008 11:38 AM

Sep 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Warll said:

Find me a law that says its legal too do so. Otherwise it's still piracy.

Guess what that is not how it works. Anything is legal until a law says it is not, same goes for your rights. So please you show me the law, Canadian no duh, which contradicts what I said.
May 9, 2008 11:41 AM

Jan 2008
funniest thing is...u might be arguing with some1 who is prolly not even half ur age...lol...irl, u'd prolly ignore their "arguments" 'cause of their age...

...only one point
May 9, 2008 11:44 AM

Sep 2007
Warll said:

Guess what that is not how it works. Anything is legal until a law says it is not, same goes for your rights. So please you show me the law, Canadian no duh, which contradicts what I said.

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE LAW!!!

One more example as to why you should know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
May 9, 2008 11:44 AM
Jun 2007
Warll said:

Ok...actually, you're right. BUT IT STILL ISNT LEGAL IN THE US OR AUSTRALIA OR THE EUROPEAN UNION.

May 9, 2008 11:45 AM
Jun 2007
Shiranai said:

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE LAW!!!

One more example as to why you should know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

HA! You don't live in Canada though. So my argument still applies.

May 9, 2008 11:45 AM

Mar 2007
Yes it is legal in the U.S. to watch streams. I can't speak for other countries.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.