May 2010
lol whoops
Jul 6, 2010 6:34 AM

Jun 2007
Mega Drive/Saturn>rest
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Jul 7, 2010 5:23 AM

Feb 2007
PS3 all the way the controller is just sooooo much better.
Jul 8, 2010 12:14 AM

May 2010
Darkprinny said:
Mega Drive/Saturn>rest
Or close, anyway.

Sublimit said:
lolno
Jul 10, 2010 3:49 AM
Jun 2007
Sublimit said:
Than the N64 controller? Yeah. Maybe the DC/Xbox controllers as well, but outside of that? Nope.
Jul 10, 2010 5:39 AM

Apr 2009
Maybe you guys should PLAY video games instead of talking about them
Jul 10, 2010 8:53 AM

Aug 2009
The negative viewpoints of the Modern-Day Console Wars can be summarized into a few opposing viewpoints:

PS3: Losing all of it's exclusives (aka "Sucks because I said so")
360: RRoD, HAL 9000, online fees, & mindless shooters (aka "Sucks because I said so")
Wii: Motion controls & kiddie minigames (aka "Sucks because I said so")
PC: Prone to viruses and need to buy expensive graphics cards (aka "Sucks because I said so")

What all of these viewpoints have in common is that they're easy excuses to use as weapons to create bullshit wars without needing to justify your viewpoints because the other system is "teh suxors" compare to yours. There really is no need to start such conflicts if you just enjoy the console you own, rather than come up with the idea that you could become an Internet Nietzshe if you spread your philosophies based on existing stereotypes the opposing console has. Same goes with the RPG conflict that Internet Nietzsche's tend to like to remind people of.
Jul 10, 2010 9:43 AM

Apr 2007
I'll just leave my opinion on the consoles, end PC, here...

Wii:
Is an okay console but... It's really falling behind the other two now. Nintendo need to step up a phase and STOP MAKING ADDESSORIES!
Sure accessories is a GREAT way to make money... which is all nintendo is about as far as I can tell...
( *cough*Remaking old games to their newer consoles*cough* )

360:
So far the console I've spent most the time on. And the Kinect looks intresting enough I might even buy one. Not right away at launch, I want to see if it really works as good as they say it does. And ofc I'd need at least 2-3 games worh buying.
On Microsoft's side it looks like they're pouring all the money they make from their 360 back into the various game studios they have.
So at least I feel like I'm getting something new out of buying a game for the 360 and not a bloody remake of some old classic!

PS3:
What is there to say really? Yes it's a good console, great even! What there isn't are titles that utilize it's full potential...
( I know there are a few but really, they are FEW! )
If they didn't make it so hard ( I'm just guessing this is why ) to code games for it it'd get better titles and not god awful ports that some times barely resembles the sister title on the 360.
I bought it in hopes that there would be more games for it... so with all honest I have to say it's a bit dissapointing. But I keep my hopes up at least. Also, their new controller thingiy... Move... looks intresting.
I just hope it will draw the attention of some games developer to create something good for it.
Because what we've seen on E3 and other demonstrations wasn't very intresting.
Like Kinect I might buy this as well if there's 2-3 intresting titles comming for it.

And PC: ( someone is definatley going to be offended now... )
Any game ( with some few exceptions ) that are release for the PC along with any console(s) are definatley best played on the PC no matter how you twist and turn it! And now when you can just plug in any 360 controller to your PC some of those bad ports that don't even bother to replace "Press A to..." are very much playable!( albeit it would feel like playing on a console... but you wouldn't need to buy the console just for that game... )
Also, FPS just shouldn't be played anywhere else than on a PC! I don't know who came up with the idea of FPS on consoles... but god knows I hope he dies a horrible and very painful death death! >.<;;

Mac: Get out of this forum this instant! You want to play games? Get a second computer... a PC! Or a console...

Hmm, turned out longer than I thought... :S
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version 3.12 '''(Updated: 29/05/15)'''
GCM/GCS d s:+ a C++(+++) UL-- P L+(-) E-- W++ N++
o? K? w++(++++) O--- M--- V-- PS@ PE+ Y+ PGP++@
t+ 5 X+ R++ tv b DI D++ G e h!* r* y-
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Jul 10, 2010 1:51 PM

Jul 2008
Wii- Good for party games and thats about it.Its not good for game like madden/ncaa at all.

360- Good for FPS, has far better controller for them playing FPS on the PS/wii/pc sucks.

PS3- good for RPGs and fighting games, controller is great for fighting games because the d-pad actually works right

PC- good for starcraft and MMOG. FPS on them are lame it takes far less skill to use a mouse than to use a controller, but I guess that don't matter much if all your doing is playing other PC gamers.
Jul 10, 2010 2:11 PM
Sep 2009
had a wii, everything I played was zelda, smash bros and mario kart, sold it and bought a 5870.

W_K said:
Wii- Good for party games and thats about it.Its not good for game like madden/ncaa at all.

360- Good for FPS, has far better controller for them playing FPS on the PS/wii/ pc sucks.

PS3- good for RPGs and fighting games, controller is great for fighting games because the d-pad actually works right

PC- good for starcraft and MMOG. FPS on them are lame it takes far less skill to use a mouse than to use a controller, but I guess that don't matter much if all your doing is playing other PC gamers.

wat? that's why everyone makes money with e-sports, ok
RuukosJul 10, 2010 2:24 PM
]
Jul 10, 2010 3:52 PM

Jun 2008
UkePrince69 said:
Maybe you guys should PLAY video games instead of talking about them
We play video games tho so we can talk about them. :[

But yeah, arguing over consoles with one-liners or even essay posts seems pretty childish. The only reason we do it so we can declare our opinion is right, and theirs, wrong. The funny thing is people over all ages do it. We all have the child in ourselves. :<
TachiiJul 10, 2010 3:56 PM
Jul 11, 2010 2:32 PM

Jan 2010
W_K said:

Skill? Majority of FPS on every console uses an auto-aim feature.
Jul 12, 2010 5:35 AM

Jun 2010
Hraesvelgr said:
Sublimit said:
Than the N64 controller? Yeah. Maybe the DC/Xbox controllers as well, but outside of that? Nope.

n64 is the best console anyway. Controller included.
Jul 12, 2010 5:42 AM
May 2009
Fanboy wars, only exist cause both parties are to poor to get all the consoles.
Jul 12, 2010 9:25 AM
Jul 2010
shintai88 said:

^ this
Jul 12, 2010 10:41 AM

Jun 2010
BodoFragins said:
I like both PC and Mac just as much, in consoles I like the Xbox 360 because that has all the games I like, but I really don't care. I think the "war" is pretty stupid. :P

But you don't like grammar, do you ;)
Jul 12, 2010 12:32 PM

Apr 2007
lolligerjoj said:
BodoFragins said:
I like both PC and Mac just as much, in consoles I like the Xbox 360 because that has all the games I like, but I really don't care. I think the "war" is pretty stupid. :P
Who cares about grammar? You understood what he said, didn't you?

shintai88 said:
Honestly, I belive that might be one of the major reasons.
But not the only reason. I'm sure some are just life long Playstation or Xbox owners and doesn't dare to try anything new.
( ofc this applies to Nintendo and any other case too )
I know the Xbox haven't really been around for long... but obviously it doesn't take long to create fanboys ;P
Jul 13, 2010 2:20 PM

Jun 2010
Zealotus said:
lolligerjoj said:
BodoFragins said:

Seems like you don't care about ;)'s. ;)
Jul 15, 2010 8:06 AM

Apr 2007
lolligerjoj said:
Zealotus said:
lolligerjoj said:
BodoFragins said:
Seems like you think I'm WAY too serious. ;P
I just forgot to add my own ;) in my last post... So yeah, sorry for the confusion :P
Jul 15, 2010 8:52 AM

Jun 2010
Zealotus said:
lolligerjoj said:
Zealotus said:
lolligerjoj said:
BodoFragins said:
Seems like you think I'm WAY too serious. ;P
I just forgot to add my own ;) in my last post... So yeah, sorry for the confusion :P

;)
Jul 15, 2010 8:56 AM

Apr 2010
W_K said:
Monster Hunter Tri? Metroid Prime Trilogy? Those aren't party games...

W_K said:
lol
Jul 15, 2010 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
The thing that bugs me about PCs is that they require constant upgrading. And I am also technologically retarded to I would depend on my little brother or my dad in that regard. I like that you can plug in a console and just go.

Also PC seems to be a different experience to me overall, with the console I like to snuggle up on the couch and chill out, or play with friends. I mainly play MMOs on the PC.

But I like PCs versatility when it comes to modding. I miss using the 360 controller when playing Oblivion but I want my mods.

Between the PS3 and the 360, I was a bit torn, but in the end 360 won because I can't live without Gears of War. Not gonna hate on the PS3 though, maybe someday I'll buy it, if they make enough exclusives to interest me.

I was considering buying a Wii as well but now that Kinect is going to come out I might just stick to that...we'll see.

So to sum it up...every gamer is different and they have different preferences and needs. for some person Wii is going to be a good console and for another, the PC. So generally, for that reason, I try to stay out of the nerd rage that goes on between the major factions.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Jul 16, 2010 9:43 AM

Apr 2008
I can't really say much because I have a Wii, PS3 and a 360 lol...though when games I want to buy are being released multi-platform I always buy that game for the PS3...and just buy the exclusives for the Wii and the 360.
Jul 18, 2010 6:37 AM

Apr 2007
Nika-senpai said:
The thing that bugs me about PCs is that they require constant upgrading. And I am also technologically retarded to I would depend on my little brother or my dad in that regard. I like that you can plug in a console and just go.
The problem with consoles is that you can't do anything about the lag...
Yes... there are games that lag on consoles! They shouldn't exist but they do...

enDyne said:
Not to mention the lack of a central account system for DLC, which means that downloaded games are tied to one console (unlike the other consoles).
You don't happen to know that if the digital rights gets transfered if you use a HDD transfer kit on a 360 HDD to a new 360 HDD?
Becasue when you buy a game (or anything) via the market place.
The console you download it to first will always be able to access that content whenter your account is present or not.
But if you DL it on another console you have to have your profile on it and logged in to access it.
This bothers me because I'm thinking of replacing my current 360 before it goes BOOM! (And to upgrade to the new slim version) :P

Abbyrose said:
I can't really say much because I have a Wii, PS3 and a 360 lol...though when games I want to buy are being released multi-platform I always buy that game for the PS3...and just buy the exclusives for the Wii and the 360.
Well in most cases (and speaking from what I've researched) the 360 version tend to run better than it's PS3 sibling.
And in some cases even look better.
This is probably becasuse it's WAY easier to code for the 360 so developers choose to code the game for the 360/PC
and then make a port to the PS3. And as we all know ports are never as good as it's original!
ZealotusJul 18, 2010 6:44 AM
Jul 18, 2010 8:55 AM

Jul 2008
Zealotus said:
enDyne said:
Not to mention the lack of a central account system for DLC, which means that downloaded games are tied to one console (unlike the other consoles).
You don't happen to know that if the digital rights gets transfered if you use a HDD transfer kit on a 360 HDD to a new 360 HDD?
Becasue when you buy a game (or anything) via the market place.
The console you download it to first will always be able to access that content whenter your account is present or not.
But if you DL it on another console you have to have your profile on it and logged in to access it.
This bothers me because I'm thinking of replacing my current 360 before it goes BOOM! (And to upgrade to the new slim version) :P

IIRC you can transfer licenses right? You can do it like once every six or 12 months or so. First you recover your account onto the new console, then you go on the XBL website and fill out some form and you can transfer all your licenses. Then the games will be useable by anyone on the new console, but not on the old console.

A couple years back my Xbox RROD'd and I forget what even happened to my hard drive. But when I got a new one this Christmas I was able to recover all my DLC's and arcade games that I had owned. I had to download them again and I did lose all my saves though.

I am the senpai that notices you.

Jul 18, 2010 9:59 AM

Apr 2007
Ah, ok. Then I'm fine :)
I have my profile on a USB-stick though since I take it to friends some times.
Jul 19, 2010 2:10 PM

Apr 2010
The fan boys thing is just retarded.Just buy the console you want, enjoy it and shut the fuck up :D
Jul 19, 2010 8:44 PM
Jul 2008
This thread is still going.
Jul 20, 2010 5:03 AM

Apr 2007
Yes, but I thing it's pretty much settled...
Jul 20, 2010 12:18 PM

Jan 2010
Mujina said:
Yeah I was a console fanyboy...back when I was 12. Every console has it's share of good and bad games. I'll admit I've always leaned more towards Nintendo, but that's because they have a lot of series that appeal to me. PS has Metal Gear & Silent Hill. Xbox has Mass Effect and Gears of War 1. If I could, I'd own all the current gen consoles for games that I couldn't get for the PC. Being an igorant fanboy just makes you look really fucking stupid.
Haha, right there with you. I used to be a total Nintendo fanboy - the Wii was my first current gen console and that was fine for me for a long time. Then Nintendo unfortunately started releasing crappy casual game after casual game while a whole load of amazing PS3/360 games came along, and awesome PS3 exclusives like *ahem* LBP. I own a Wii and a PS3, but I have nothing against xbox owners, I respect that it has many great games and I realise that many games for both consoles are often programmed better on the xbox... it's just the facts.

I don't often use my Wii now, mainly PS3, which I favour, I still probably prefer Nintendo overall though, because.... they make Zelda. And Mario. About my two favourite game series ever, not to mention all of Nintendo's other amazing series other the years...
Jul 20, 2010 12:48 PM

May 2009
I used to be an xbox fanboy when i was like 12 years old. I think it's bullsh**t now just play what you like better.
Jul 21, 2010 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
I love fanboys. Or atleast when they argue. It's like watching Jerry Springer, just bring some popcorn and you're good to go.
Aug 5, 2010 6:15 AM

Mar 2010
Why not just buy all the consoles and save yourself the argument?
Aug 5, 2010 6:42 AM
Jun 2006
Muzzicans said:
Why not just buy all the consoles and save yourself the argument?

+1
Aug 5, 2010 8:23 AM

Feb 2010
In a fanboy's mind, video games equal "SRS BUISNESS GUIZ!!!11oneoneone11!!"
Aug 6, 2010 3:39 AM

Jan 2008
cool then you can be a pc fanboy, who flames on the consoles while you're busy playing your high tec computer games. LOL.

But seriously, it bothers me too. Because half the time, where i live, it's dumbasses who know nothing about sales, or popularity, and think just because they, and their friends own the same console that makes it the best one. No proof needed (of course it's opinion, but if you're gonna say your opinion is truth then you need something to back it up, to at least make it an intelligent debate). Usually the ones who bring that type of thing up to others, just need some social skills.
May 9, 2021 4:47 PM
Dec 2017
Its absoultely beyond stupid and pointless i mean we're all gamers so play the damn game.

May 9, 2021 5:41 PM

Jan 2020
console wars have always been childish no matter what time it is

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Exploring the Intersection of Games, Computers, and Tech Support: A Guide for Android App Development Companies in Saudi Arabia

johnsrp - 8 hours ago

0 by johnsrp »»
8 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
10 hours ago

» What's the best handheld console you recommend?

CursedFein - Apr 20

6 by rohan121 »»
Yesterday, 6:16 PM

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

9 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:59 PM

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

14 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.