Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2010 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So is that it for this series? Good epsiode, but it didn't feel like the finale. Discuss.
Mar 17, 2014 6:25 PM

Jun 2010
The Black Jack manga ran for 10 years, which should support far more than 61 episodes. The Black Jack 21 TV series, which is visually indistinguishable from this series, began only about a month after this one ended. Like this one, it adapts stories from the manga, but also adds an original, ongoing storyline. It ended with the odd episode count of 17.

All this indicates that this series likely lost its popularity around this time. They ended the airing only to start it up again almost immediately, added a new element they hoped would re-ignite interest and giving it a new title to attract attention, but it didn't work and they canceled it for good. I'm sure they would have produced hundreds of episodes if there was a demand for it.
May 22, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
At first, I saw Black Jack as a genius. And then as a genius crook. Then for a period of time, he was a walking plot device to drive each episode's narrative. Each episode had a nice story to them mind you, but he seemed to simply exist to help everyone to their happy ends. Yet, I can't help but like this show. It does so many things right within each of its individual episodes that I don't mind the conveniences it takes for the sake of plot. If I could have my way, there should have been more difficult and challenging cases for Black Jack to tackle, but that would have taken away time and attention from the characters' stories. It's hard to say, but regardless, I fully enjoyed this show.
Jan 9, 2016 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
If only Pinoko was as well behaved as Romi. Good episode though I found it hilarious how a truck was driving full speed towards a cliff like if it could hit the guy and instantly brake to not fall off lol.

Overall it's a good series that should get more love but some of the episodes were so ridiculous that it was frustrating to watch and damaged the series for me. The majority of the show is pretty "realistic" so when you see something like Black Jack operating on an alien or finding out that Pinoko was a psychic fetus on fetu which was given an artificial body by him, it feels extremely out of place.

There's also the whole thing with charging people a ridiculous amount of money for operations and purposely pissing people off. Not only was it inconsistent but when it happened you just wanted to punch the guy for acting like such a cold hearted douchebag. There's a difference between charging a high amount of money to selfish rich people that want to save their own skin and doing the same to people who are barely making a living and have no one else to turn to. The fact that he wouldn't operate on a dying patient if they didn't have some way to pay for the operation or wouldn't look at a patient "because he's on vacation" was pretty infuriating. As I've said before, the guy seemed to care more about the life of an animal than life of a child.

Besides that, most of the stories were pretty interesting but it's just a shame that there weren't really any recurring characters besides the ones from the first few episodes (though some designs did get recycled >_>). I think my favorite ones were the one with the sushi worker who lost his arms, the unlicensed doctor in the snowy village, and the impostor son. Another thing I enjoyed was the OST which I found to be pretty great.

So yea, the ending didn't have any closure and some episodes were pretty bad but overall it was an enjoyable experience so I'll be giving the "sequel" a look next. Just a shame that it had the potential to be much better than it turned out to be.
Jan 19, 2017 4:35 PM
Feb 2015
god Pinocco made this anime much worse than it would be without her
Oct 14, 2017 4:16 PM

Oct 2014
Why do they keep changing things? Romi died in manga why is she alive?
Pinoco was really annoying they should've switched her with Romi. Especially that walking sound really bugs me and who the fuck is sharaku?
I've never seen him in the manga.
Other than these things this anime was really great.
Oct 25, 2022 1:21 AM

Aug 2020
A decent adaptation overall, although it is clear that this TV version was made with the intent to appeal to younger audiences. Curiously, I much prefer the OVA series to this despite the large deviations it made from the manga (which I like even more than both of these adaptations). It simply isn't the same when you remove the darker and more cynical elements of the Black Jack manga such as Dr Kiriko and BJ's revenge in favour of widening the target audience through excessive comic relief (*cough cough* Sharaku). I also found it interesting that they decided to make it 1 chapter per episode when they could (and should) have fit 2 chapters in each instead of just fluffing up a single one to fill the 24 minutes or so.

γ€Œ 𝕂𝕖π•ͺ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•™π•šπ••π•–π•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕀 𝕠𝕗 π••π•’π•£π•œπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•€, 𝕀𝕙𝕠𝕨 π•žπ•– π•ͺ𝕠𝕦𝕣 π•₯𝕣𝕦𝕖 π•—π• π•£π•ž 」

More topics from this board

» Black Jack Infection.

Shrimpey_ - Mar 29

4 by Shrimpey_ »»
Mar 31, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Black Jack (TV) Episode 28 Discussion

Naivette - Jun 3, 2012

5 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Feb 4, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Black Jack (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Fronzel - Mar 11, 2014

5 by Zen98 »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Black Jack (TV) Episode 6 Discussion

Shocked - May 13, 2015

3 by Zen98 »»
Jul 11, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Black Jack (TV) Episode 25 Discussion

Avenger-senpai - Jan 3, 2016

3 by Nyapon »»
Jun 14, 2023 3:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.