Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 8, 2023 6:45 PM

Aug 2019
Johan is creeping me out even more, taking Anna’s memories and making them his own.

Good to see Lunge back. He’s using his skills for the right cause now.
Apr 17, 2023 1:31 PM

Dec 2012
I can't believe I forgot about this part considering what a brilliant turning point it ends up being. It now clicks together what Johan meant when he said that Anna was his weakness. He was protecting her from becoming him by taking on her memories and implanting false ones onto Anna. And in turn, this was perhaps suppressing his own unique memory and serving as one final link to his own humanity. Recalling the story of The Peaceful God, Johan wanted Anna to shatter the reflection so she would never see the devil again. But because fragments remained, they were gathered together again and now the devil is here to stay. It's very well possible that Johan is finally becoming a true monster now that he's "awoken" from his dream.
May 4, 2023 10:46 AM
Apr 2019
Perfecto drama de misterio, muy enganchado estoy.
Jun 22, 2023 3:36 PM

Mar 2016
Anna was actually the one who was sent to the Rose Mansion, subjected to isolation, and the witness to the people who all died in that one room. She was the one who came running to the Three Frogs and Johan was the one to greet her. Johan took in what Anna shared regarding her experience so vividly to be Johan's own experience, despite the fact that he was never there. As these two have no names or identities of themselves, along with how they're inherently identical as twins, Johan assumes the thought of "I am you and you are I" all the things that they've experienced and shared with one another is automatically assumed as their own singular experiences. This felt like a parallel to the story of a monster without a name where the monster eventually eats the other to be one. In this case, the metaphor describes taking one another's experiences as one.

Now the only real significant difference Johan had compared to Anna is his time in 511 Kinderheim, there with all the experiments going on which includes brainwashing. It only made sense for Johan to blur the line between which memories is his own and which were his sister's. Enough so for him to enact all his actions based on memories that he had forgotten were not his own. He was only informed of this glaring fact during his confrontation just now with Anna. And just like how matter and antimatter completely annihilate one another upon contact, Johan and Anna intended to self-destruct with Anna even going as far as aiming her pistol at her own head. 

All their life was a lie, Franz Bonaparta definitely knew the effect of not giving out unique individual names to two identical twins. Johan has finally awakened from this dream and saw himself as one and Anna as another. 

And so we finally see Lunge again, always a step ahead the rest. 
Aug 7, 2023 11:46 PM
May 2017
All of a sudden Johann with regaining all of his memories and also Anna's memories; for the revenge against the organization started killing everyone he blames for torture of his family. So, in the end he decide to end the experiment over his nihilistic killing. BUT FROM THE OTHER CORNER CAME LUNGE WITH A CLEAR LEAD OVER FRANZ BONAPARTA!

What a turn of events!
Aug 26, 2023 9:35 PM

Nov 2020
Dude, I said to myself in passing a few episodes that the girl in Anna memory was Johan! I was absolutely flabbergasted when it was actually true, I think the thing that tipped me off was the demeanor, she was far too calm to be Anna.
Nov 7, 2023 6:39 AM
Apr 2022
Awww~ my Nina šŸ˜­
Nov 29, 2023 2:58 PM

Mar 2023
This was an amazing episode. The twist just works.
Quite ironic for Capek to see the truth of what they have done and afterwards to be killed by his colleagues(/subordinates) who think he has gone mad.
Apr 3, 7:29 AM

Dec 2022
Well damn me then, already knew Johan's been crossdressing since young age which is pretty wild and all but glad Tenma always got there to Nina at the right time.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

105 by puffle9000 »»
May 2, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Monster Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

149 by tectacles »»
May 2, 6:40 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

152 by tectacles »»
May 1, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Apr 3, 2008

201 by tectacles »»
May 1, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Monster Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Apr 5, 2008

88 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 2:11 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.