Forum Settings
Forums
New
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 10, 2010 1:35 AM

Oct 2009
I'm really happy for Naruto, but let's see some action next.
Jun 10, 2010 1:38 AM

May 2009
Did he call his mom a babe? wtf?

This Fairy Tale Is Ending
Jun 10, 2010 2:08 AM

Apr 2009
Was kinda weak. Interesting very shonen, but weak.
Would've been cooler if they recaped a fight scene with her, instead of the damsel in distress crap.
Jun 10, 2010 2:20 AM

Sep 2007
...I was looking forward to this chapter I guess
but for some reasons I facepalm'd a lot while reading it
It was good but a lot less good than I thought it would be ):
Jun 10, 2010 2:43 AM

Apr 2009
mulderman said:
I don't mind Naruto's mom being weird.
I don't mind Naruto kinda hitting on his mom.... ok that kinda gave me chills
I don't mind the cliché flashback etc.

What I do mind is the time and place this is happening. It feels all wrong. This is supposed to be Naruto's biggest growth. Finally conquering that nine tailed fox. Instead we get happy mom and son fun time.
I agree with that. It was done well, just didn't really like the timing.

Favorite quote:
Naruto: I think I get why Kiba and Shkamaru are so scared of their moms now."
Jun 10, 2010 3:48 AM

Oct 2008
Emotional chapter :) nice
Jun 10, 2010 3:52 AM

Sep 2009
ChillOutParty said:
Hypeathon said:
Awwwwwwww!!

Yeeeeeeeaaaah, ...it's rare for me as a guy to genuinely say that out loud. And yet I felt that way as I red this entire chapter. It was a really funny and touching moment even though it was during the middle of Naruto's fight against the Nine-tails, it actually felt somewhat appropriate. The instant I heard this chapter was going to be about Naruto getting to know his mom and how she and Minato ended up togethor, I initially thought it didn't make sense to throw this in out of nowhere. And yet it felt right in a couple of ways.

First of all, not only did it make sense, but it was funny how Naruto assumed the Kushina was the Nine-tails true form and how she laughed and punched him in the gut in response. And afterward, it was completely touching and appropriate from that point on. Well, except for Naruto calling his mom a "babe." I mean, okay yeah, she is one hot tomato (...pun not intended), but it just seemed weird to compliment her that way. And it was cute seeing Minato and Kushina as kids. Not to mention it seemed cool seeing Minato in that jacket (someone mentioned it was like an adidas jacket).

As much as I like seeing the Naruto story seeming to go full speed with the story (and I actually do like it for the most part) it's nice seeing a change of pace and mood out of the story from time to time. And suprisingly, I liked it as being just one chapter! Most background stories like these in shonen manga tend to drag for a few chapters and make it more suspenseful and complex than it really is, like with Negima and how Negi learn about both of his parent. The backstory threw in a lot of stuff about the Government and war in the magical world that I really wanted to skim through. At anyrate, now I'm actually really looking how he plans to fight against the Fox now.

And why is it in anime, girls with lengthy hair seem beatiful with lengthy hair? Kushina is like a tomboyish Shana, only without the "URUSAI" nonsense.

same words .you people are so annoying " just get to the fight already ," or " wrong timing, blah blah blah " just stfu and read the athmosphere , if not Kushina then naruto would not win nine tails . I thinks it better that he is not that strong yet cause it would seriosly annoy me if he would win with his own powers and so .
Really enjoyed 498 , and you bastards with your shitty comments ... sigh

Same here. It was a pretty good chapter, except the part where he called his mom a "babe". That was just wierd.
Jun 10, 2010 3:53 AM

Jul 2008
Nice chapter ^__^
Jun 10, 2010 4:23 AM
Jun 2008
I didn't care much for this chapter, i'm just glad it's not over dramatically done...
Jun 10, 2010 4:31 AM

May 2010
just how much dimensions are in Naruto's head? xD

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 10, 2010 4:59 AM

Mar 2009
I really enjoyed this chapter, people need to understand that this was the perfect time for this to happen, because narutos never going to have a reason to have a inner battle with himself after he controls the fox and also she's part of the seal and she stopped the fox from taking over him.

i enjoyed the flash back quite a lot and also how much help does naruto need to control the foxs chakra he's got yamato the 8 tails jinchuriki and now his mother.
Jun 10, 2010 5:05 AM

Jan 2009
so naruto's mom is hot eh i wanna see her in color
Jun 10, 2010 5:06 AM

Jul 2009
Nice one..i like the meeting,
Jun 10, 2010 5:33 AM

Dec 2009
Great chapter, loved it.
Jun 10, 2010 5:51 AM

Sep 2007
Hey don't forgot a thing...
His mother and father was like 25-30 years old (i suppose) when they die.
Hey ... A woman is really beautiful in this age. XD
Jun 10, 2010 6:16 AM

May 2008
We still don't know why Kushina's chakra is special, I hope we will next.
The chapter is nice, "The bloody Habanero" was kinda funny, I like Kushina anyway~~
Jun 10, 2010 6:25 AM

Dec 2007
shut the fuck up all you complacent bastards.. just enjoy manga already, i understand if its bleach but naruto too? and what ya'll gonna complain bout one piece next?? IF YOU DON LIKE NARUTO DON READ.
Jun 10, 2010 6:26 AM

Jul 2009
Naruto being the male vershun of Kushina doesn't really bother me.It bothers me more to see how negative are some opinions.It's Kishi,what do you want,epic story?...srsly,no matter how much we say it's bad he'll go on with the same pace 'cos he doesn't give a shit about any decent critic he receives...
Jun 10, 2010 6:52 AM

Mar 2010
It makes sense though ...

Minato(yellow) + Kushina(red) = Naruto(orange)

so i guess that was how kishi came up with The Leaf's Orange Hokage ehh?? hahah ^^
shootdatpancakeJun 10, 2010 6:57 AM
Check out my channel!
Erzat
Jun 10, 2010 6:59 AM

Feb 2009
asterixk said:
shut the fuck up all you complacent bastards.. just enjoy manga already, i understand if its bleach but naruto too? and what ya'll gonna complain bout one piece next?? IF YOU DON LIKE NARUTO DON READ.
Where have I heard this before? Oh right, every week we have to put up with at least one post saying the obligatory "If you don't like it, don't read it" statement.

Kinda tired with this kind of post coming up every week -.-
Jun 10, 2010 8:27 AM

Mar 2009
Kushina rocks. !
I really loved her (:
Jun 10, 2010 8:29 AM

Nov 2008
I actually liked seeing mommy... And yes she ressembles Sakura .. (and Naruto) .. is that one of the final nails in the hint coffin for that ? Who knows

But I did enjoy finally getting a chat with Kushida. Was quite nice. (this is the first time in a year ive said the word nice in reference to a naruto chapter give or take
Jun 10, 2010 8:41 AM

Nov 2008
belatkuro said:
asterixk said:
Where have I heard this before? Oh right, every week we have to put up with at least one post saying the obligatory "If you don't like it, don't read it" statement.

Kinda tired with this kind of post coming up every week -.-

yeah me too but i do agree with him lol
Jun 10, 2010 9:05 AM
Jul 2009
Naruto's mother is sexy MILF. I would like to do her :P
Jun 10, 2010 9:35 AM

Mar 2010
I enjoyed that a lot more than I had imagined I would. I'd thought it was going to be all depressing, but it was nice and lighthearted. And really cute. And I don't entirely mind it breaking up the action. It is mostly an inner conflict after all, at the nmoment, so it would make sense if he's exploring his mind, and whatever nis convienently sealed within him, it kinda makes sense.

I like how she's got so much of his personality. But fail at overly recycled dream. It was cute when his mum said it, but Minato having exactly the same as Naruto....Fail.

But, yes, better than I expected!
Jun 10, 2010 1:32 PM

Oct 2007
I conclude the mangaka is one big retarded homo that hates women. This comes after reading the chapter. He should be less discriminating.

About the chapter:
it's simply either BULLSHIT, TRASH or BOTH!
It just sux ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2010 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
Wow I'm really gonna have to stop reading what people say on here, it's pretty stupid.

"LIKE, NO!"

Kushina is awesome, I lover her! I wanna know what this ''special chakra of hers is. I hope(and bet) that she'll teach it to Naruto.

Jun 10, 2010 2:07 PM

Mar 2009
First things first, why is everyone keep saying "Kishi h8s womiin" or something? Did any of you females feel offended by this chapter? It was a fine chapter, i enjoyed it mor than the previous ones which felt rly half-assed. Narutos' father is prolly the best character in the series :p imo. I hope the next chapters which are the most crucial in this arc wont be full of fail altho its very obvious what is going to happen.

P.S. Wtf is up with the fox?? On those last chapters she/he looks so fucking retarded. Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed it?
Jun 10, 2010 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
I'm just wondering why the nine-tales is so weak, they are basicly talking and it still hasent recovered
Jun 10, 2010 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
1.Kishi somehow forgot how to draw teh kyuubi looking awesome badass...now it looks like a toy or smth...PG rate?

2.Kushina's sexah looks makes up for it

3.Apparently I was right yet again-Pain arc training rip off

4.Naruto asking Kuhina how she and minato fell in love was the last thing I expected...srsly
Jun 10, 2010 3:55 PM

Mar 2009
This was a cute chapter. I loved it!
Jun 10, 2010 4:05 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah I'm just a bit hmm about his comment on his mum being a babe LOL.
Jun 10, 2010 5:20 PM
Jun 2010
Awwwwwwww mommy is a babe. Becuase she didnt had to raise you!

I dislliked the "damsel in distress" story since it contradicted kushina`s awesomeness.
Though i have to agree that Kishi doesnt abuse from it. I recall there have been only two cases of that including this one.

Yet she is now my favorite female.

Its funny how everyone is like "its the fox shit on your pants and run" while Minato says "isnt he annoying" and ignores him. Taken more to the extreme with KUshina, the fox looking a scared of her.

What`s more intresting of this chapter was how it tied some knots. The seal is made of Kushina`s special chakra and she comes from the whirpool village. THis could explain why the fox`s cell is full of water and why she could chain the fox so easily. ANd also why naruto uses orange. THat was bit cheesy and dumb but refreshing like a cold drink... like a cold drink.....
Jun 10, 2010 8:11 PM

Oct 2008
Kushina is definately a babe. Loved the backstory as well.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 10, 2010 9:04 PM

Sep 2008
Nagashi said:
Wtf is up with the fox?? On those last chapters she/he looks so fucking retarded. Is it just me? Has anyone else noticed it?

It looks like it has a human body with a fox's head half of the time.
Jun 10, 2010 9:14 PM
Jan 2008
so, bottom line is, naruto's mom is hot hot HOT!!!!
ahem, sorry.... but i stand by my statement
"Forged in darkness with wheat harvested from Hell's half acre. Baked by Beelzabub; slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chickens, force-fed to dogs by the hands of a one-eyed madman. Cheese boiled from the rancid utters of fanged cows. Layered with 666 separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood."
ATHF
Jun 10, 2010 9:22 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Naruto's mom is pretty cool. Okay, Naruto is gonna beat the Kyuubi for sure now.

Jun 10, 2010 10:32 PM

Apr 2010
HawthorneKitty said:
Fai said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So mommy comes to tell a story.

And her personality is yet another copypasta. And yet another weak female.
Apparently all female ninjas do are get kidnapped and give birth to male warriors....

Yes, I would loved to see the whole backstory, but not this way ffs, in the middle of half assed battle, we get a half-asses recap of their past....what's next?

Ghost of First Hokage telling Naruto the truth About Madara?

Ghost of Rikkudo Sennin talking stuff about ten-tails and how only combined love of all ninjas can defeat it?
lol such a FIRSTfag
HawthorneKitty said:
Fai said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So mommy comes to tell a story.

And her personality is yet another copypasta. And yet another weak female.
Apparently all female ninjas do are get kidnapped and give birth to male warriors....

Yes, I would loved to see the whole backstory, but not this way ffs, in the middle of half assed battle, we get a half-asses recap of their past....what's next?

Ghost of First Hokage telling Naruto the truth About Madara?

Ghost of Rikkudo Sennin talking stuff about ten-tails and how only combined love of all ninjas can defeat it?
lol such a FIRSTfag
LOL hahah well said
Jun 10, 2010 11:06 PM

May 2007
All I want to know is if his mother is alive now or not?

I loved the chapter, really, it was really nice a lot better than the one where he met the dad.
My anime list
Jun 10, 2010 11:29 PM
Jul 2008
What a cute reunion. I like it. :)
Jun 11, 2010 12:28 AM

Dec 2006
Such a cute chapter~ I've always wondered how Minato and Kushina met each other..

~Do you think that I smile because everything's alright?~
Jun 11, 2010 12:37 AM

May 2008
Ttebane.... ?!

Okay, i was totally expecting something else for Kushina. Except for the not so right moment in which she appeared, i expected her personality to be that of a cool and strong woman. Instead she is a red-haired-copy of Sakura.Or viceversa.

I'm kinda disappointed.
Jun 11, 2010 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
Mormegil said:
D'aww @ this chapter.

I couldn't have said this better myself. I haven't enjoyed a single Naruto chapter this much in a long time!

Jun 11, 2010 12:53 AM

Aug 2009
Fuckin stupid chapter. Pulling off Deus ex machina again. Naruto Mom = Sakura + Red hair, Kishi never thinks outside of the box. This whole thing was out of absolutely no-where, nor justifies nothing that was actually going on.

Another trainwrack was its storytelling method. In the middle of battle, suddenly NARUTOS' MOTHA tells the backstory that does not bring up a single emotion from us nor has a significant meaning. This could've been done in other suitable moment with better circumstances.

lol Kyubi now looks... more like cute puppy. Lazy drawing is lazy. all the backgrounds are just WHITE, without a single depth and textures. Even though it's inside naruto's mind, there is just no excuse for this lazy treatment.

I just can't say all my words on how much this chapter sucked. Probably, I will drop Naruto again in few weeks.
ringoo4Jun 11, 2010 3:24 AM
Jun 11, 2010 2:25 AM

Apr 2010
--------------------------------

nice episode... T_t.....
Jun 11, 2010 2:33 AM

May 2008
This was a pretty good chapter. 5/5
Jun 11, 2010 2:38 AM

Aug 2007
red + gold = orange. nice work naruto.

wish we could've seen more of naruto's dad, he's so gorgeous. lmao.i hope there'll be a side chapter on it somehow....

Jun 11, 2010 2:39 AM

Dec 2007
I actually sorta enjoyed this chapter and learning about their back story was nice too.
Jun 11, 2010 3:02 AM

Jul 2009
Bring on the doujins!
Jun 11, 2010 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
I really love this chapter so much!!!!

http://jedikieth.mybrute.com/ -Fight MyBrute! Be my Pupil!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 649 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blaine - Oct 2, 2013

74 by actuallytom »»
Mar 29, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.