Forum Settings
Forums

What's the most common real world setting/location in anime that's NOT in Japan?

New
3 hours ago

Jun 2017
If an anime doesn't take place in Japan, what's the most common location for it to take place in? (No fantasy settings or space, but anime versions of real cities do count, IE: Domino City in Yugioh is basically Tokyo in all but name)

I would hazard a guess China or maybe the US
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
3 hours ago

Oct 2023
Possibly Italy, Aria, Arte, Lupin the Third, Porco Rosso, and Thermae Romae to name a few but I have a feeling there is more Italian based anime out there.
3 hours ago

May 2019
There's been a lot of anime taking place in New York or a similar looking metropolis.
2 hours ago

Sep 2016
Probably Great Britain because it's closest to the typical fantasy settings, otherwise France I guess.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
1 hour ago

Sep 2019
USA or Europe, specifically England, Germany and Italy seem to be the most represented at least from my experience. There probably is a factual answer but I'm too lazy to actually look that up haha

More topics from this board

» What anime awoken something in you or made you fascinated with a particular genre? ( 1 2 )

Reshiram_IX - May 16

52 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» What to think when Rating an Anime.

BestListMAL - 2 hours ago

16 by JaniSIr »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Have you ever cancelled a plan with family or friends because you wanted to watch anime?

Zakatsuki_ - Yesterday

27 by ReturnbyNathan »»
20 minutes ago

» Visa Mastercard censorship hits Denpasoft ( An adult VN distributor)

rohan121 - Yesterday

49 by traed »»
21 minutes ago

» Who is the worst protagonist of all anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Skylar-whoo - Aug 2

267 by SwordBreaker36 »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.