Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 5, 5:22 PM
Feb 2024
Considering my favourites and other anime with 10, 9 and 8 on my list, what are some titles you'd recommend me to watch?
Please be mindful of anime already on my list. I've done extensive searches before so there's lots of stuff on my dropped/ignored list.
OVA, ONA, Movies can of course also be recommended.
Jul 5, 6:46 PM

Jul 2023
I perused your lists and have had a difficult time telling what the qualities are that you specifically look for in an anime, as you seem to like a variety of things, but also found some things similar to what you like to be either wanting or not interesting enough to continue watching.

So, all that said, I'll go out on a limb and offer up Infinite Ryvius, Patlabor: TMP series, and Witch Hunter Robin to you as suggestions. If I had to pick a common denominator for this selection, it's because I'm under the impression you like shows with a serious undertone, sharp drama, and maybe the odd touch of sci-fi/fantasy. Patlabor is a fair bit more frivolous than the other two, but it does play into some adult themes and is decently written with a likable cast of characters. Ryvius has a fair bit of politicking, often being compared to Lord of the Flies. WHR was, by my estimation not as exciting or engaging as it could've been, but there are some people who find that the show does a fair job with its execution and you might just be one of them, who knows.
Jul 5, 8:07 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Longnines
I perused your lists and have had a difficult time telling what the qualities are that you specifically look for in an anime, as you seem to like a variety of things, but also found some things similar to what you like to be either wanting or not interesting enough to continue watching.

So, all that said, I'll go out on a limb and offer up Infinite Ryvius, Patlabor: TMP series, and Witch Hunter Robin to you as suggestions. If I had to pick a common denominator for this selection, it's because I'm under the impression you like shows with a serious undertone, sharp drama, and maybe the odd touch of sci-fi/fantasy. Patlabor is a fair bit more frivolous than the other two, but it does play into some adult themes and is decently written with a likable cast of characters. Ryvius has a fair bit of politicking, often being compared to Lord of the Flies. WHR was, by my estimation not as exciting or engaging as it could've been, but there are some people who find that the show does a fair job with its execution and you might just be one of them, who knows.
@Longnines First off, thanks for the reply.
It's hard to put in words the aspects I like (and dislike) about anime. They're, more often than not, quite subtle.
For instance, regarding patlabor, I had the entire franchise in my drop/ignore list as I'm not a fan of the artstyle and more specifically of those gundam-like mechas. I'm full of those little dislikes which are the reason why I tend to drop anime so often.
The anime I like, well, they all fit these narrow tastes of mine. I don't exclusively watch serious stuff, but they do tend to get higher scores from me. Comedy and more light-hearted anime that I enjoy tend to stay within the 6-7 score range.
Jul 6, 12:34 AM

Sep 2016
https://myanimelist.net/anime/617/Ninja_Scroll
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 6, 4:40 AM
Jul 6, 7:29 AM

Jan 2022
Catch up on My Hero Academia

No Game No Life Zero

The Boy and the Beast

Now and Then, Here and There

Alice and Zoroku

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Yatagarasu

Catch up on Demon Slayer. Also watch the Mugen Train arc because it has the extra scenes not in the movie

Wonder Egg Priority

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun

Finish Mob Psycho
Jul 6, 8:04 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to mo_lave
Catch up on My Hero Academia

No Game No Life Zero

The Boy and the Beast

Now and Then, Here and There

Alice and Zoroku

Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

Yatagarasu

Catch up on Demon Slayer. Also watch the Mugen Train arc because it has the extra scenes not in the movie

Wonder Egg Priority

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun

Finish Mob Psycho
@mo_lave Thanks. MHA, Kimetsu and Mob were on my drops, though.
Jul 7, 7:30 AM
Feb 2024
@Khashishi Thanks. Must admit I'm not really a fan of Historical anime for the most part.
Jul 7, 3:00 PM

Dec 2018
Zankyou no Terror (Terror in resonance) [url=https://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror[/url]
Jul 7, 5:13 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Shiroyaki
Zankyou no Terror (Terror in resonance) [url=https://myanimelist.net/anime/23283/Zankyou_no_Terror[/url]
@Shiroyaki It's already on my drops. I gave it a good three chances but wasn't able to like it at all.
Jul 8, 10:18 AM

Feb 2022
From your PTW
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7593/Kiss_x_Sis_TV

If you like sibling anime like this then I have lots of them.
[/url]
Jul 8, 11:08 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Huskyhulk
From your PTW
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7593/Kiss_x_Sis_TV

If you like sibling anime like this then I have lots of them.
@Huskyhulk I've watched Oreimo and Yosuga no Sora ages ago, but I'm not particularly interested in sibling stuff. Been meaning to watch Kiss x Sis since it was very famous at the time and I for some reason skipped on it.

@JoeChip Thanks.

More topics from this board

» Hentai manga i forgot name

redzinter - 7 hours ago

0 by redzinter »»
7 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime similar to Nagi no Asukara,please

Mione48 - Yesterday

4 by mo_lave »»
9 hours ago

» What are some of the best romance manga? or some good underground romance manga?

chadbrad7 - Today

4 by mo_lave »»
9 hours ago

» Hidden Gems

Faerynn - Jul 8

16 by UberBat »»
Today, 5:22 AM

» Help Us Shape New Anime Figures – Your Feedback Needed!

first4figures - Today

0 by first4figures »»
Today, 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.