Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 2, 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
Summer 2024 First Impressions Thread

I wanna say Happy July the Fourth to the Americans, but realized that the Summer 2024 season actually starts off rather early,
so let's get this show on the road!

Many would agree that Winter seasons just continues to suck, while we pick up some during Spring seasons (which has been quite the variety)...
and then come to Summer where it's Winter once again, but as the adage goes: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back.
I know that y'all are clamoring that Fall seasonals are just going to overwhelm the year's offerings, so I'll hold my judgment onto that.

Nevertheless, the Summer 2024 season is carried by MORE fantasy shows, Isekai or otherwise, and a BUTT-TON of romance...
well...mostly rom-com shows like RoshiDere and Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
that I'm VERY personally excited for to finally watch their anime adaptations.

So, now I throw back the question to you: What anime are you going to be watching for Summer 2024?
I would love to hear your opinions in the First Impressions thread!
KANLen09Jul 2, 9:35 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 2, 8:54 AM

Jul 2017
Day 1: Wed / June 26

Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta
It's a fairly kinds weak generic fantasy show where a human disguises as a demon, but who knows, this will be a psychological game of wits and humanities involved.

Day 2: Thu / June 27
Suicide Squad ISEKAI
The same iconic duo from Vivy of Re:Zero's Tappei Nagatsuki and Eiji Umehara are back to write yet another story, this time based on DC's Suicide Squad with an Isekai twist. So far, out of the 3 of 10 episodes, it looks fun, though I still have my doubts if this can still deliver substantially.

Day 3: Sat / June 29
Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai
It's basically Chobits, plus romance involved with a rather adult twist. It looks cringe where a human falls in love with a robot, but if this is the future of our reality, it's worth seeking a time or two in this.
KANLen09Jul 2, 8:58 AM
Jul 2, 8:56 AM
Apr 2022
Do u mind if i ask, that anime gif. What anime is that
Jul 2, 8:58 AM

Dec 2021

Jul 2, 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
Day 4: Mon / Jul 1
Shy (Season 2)
Last Fall's showcase was kinda OK, though I would like to see what the manga has in store for yet another season of the anime.

Shinmai Ossan Boukensha, Saikyou Party ni Shinu hodo Kitaerarete Muteki ni Naru.
I swear that this show is legitly funny, humour be demned if otherwise. Though this is about a show where the Ossan is the MC, this is already far better than the other Ossan show that we got before. Hope this show doesn't land a nutcase.
Jul 2, 9:01 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Jellyeon
Do u mind if i ask, that anime gif. What anime is that
@Jellyeon It's from the upcoming show of Makeine: Too Many Losing Heroines!
Jul 2, 9:13 AM
Dec 2023
I’m watching the most I’ve ever watched in a season before (26 planned) but I’m most excited for Delico’s Nursery, which comes out on August 8th. I also started My Wife has No Emotion last night and really loved the first episode.
Jul 2, 10:59 AM

Aug 2021
sekaistar said:
I’m watching the most I’ve ever watched in a season before (26 planned) but I’m most excited for Delico’s Nursery, which comes out on August 8th. I also started My Wife has No Emotion last night and really loved the first episode.

cool
I’m a simple man living my own dreams.

Jul 2, 11:40 AM
Apr 2024
Oshi no ko - Season Two

For me, Oshi no ko gives more of an impression of having the sequel! Let's see if it's going to be hyped or not! Why in the first season of Oshi no ko, it was a dramatic about the mother of twins! And in the second season we'll see if it's going to be good or bad!
Jul 2, 12:46 PM

Mar 2021
Suicide Squad Isekai
I didn't expect to really enjoy Anime Joker... only for Anime Joker to not show up again after the first scene. The squad so far isn't really clicking for me—Harley, Deadshot, and Clayface are a fun trio, but Peacekeeper and the shark kinda just seem separate. Harley apparently has the Chosen One aura given how intensely the princess looks only at her. That, or the princess has a no-blush crush on her. Still, I never really got into the Marvel/DC universes, so an anime version of a popular story is fun exposure. :)

Oshi no Ko
Wow it really is a new season, what with the timeskip and all. I'm looking forward to Aqua's and Ruby's stories, as they're both developing their own careers, one as an actor and one as an idol. I'm impressed Aqua has managed to maintain his relationship with Akane that long, since it was just for the show and it should be so painfully obvious to her and everyone else that he doesn't like her that way. Kana's scene with the color was awesome, tho the trailer kinda spoiled it lol. Also, prob an unpopular opinion but I'm not a fan of the new OP—not cuz it's not IDOL but cuz it's... trying to do too much. :/

Tasogare Out Focus
The intro begins with a promise we all know they won't keep. Ok Mao will prob respect Hisashi's privacy and not out him, but Hisashi is def falling hard for Mao. And the squishes! They're just setting themselves—and us—to never view those things the same again. All that aside tho, Ishikawa is easily the MVP: so honest about BL, clearly a talented writer, and the wind for the main ship's sails. I'd love for him to be the chaotic ace of the group, but he'll likely have his own love interest later cuz BL. Tbh I thought I'd drop this when Hisashi grabbed Mao cuz SA is one of the most annoying tropes, but it went by quick and both characters handled it well after. Also, I love the ED, which reminds me of older anime. ^^

PTW:
Tower of God
Na Nare Hana Nare
Mayonaka Punch
Isekai Shikkaku
ApocalypSnow8 hours ago
Jul 2, 1:14 PM

Dec 2018
June 27:

Isekai Suicide Squad - Yeah, wow, this actually was pretty dargn funny and had some very nice animation. Harley is a bae, early contender for waifu of the season imo. Although, I gotta say... WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT UGLY ASS KNIGHT'S DESIGN!!

Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta - BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. Also, the characters pretty much all annoy me already. I won't enjoy this one, but sadly the NoDrop lifestyle is mine...

June 30:

Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai - Firs ep. was quite funny, but this could get TOO awkward very quick... Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

July 1:

Shinmai Ossan Boukensha, Saikyou Party ni Shinu hodo Kitaerarete Muteki ni Naru. - This had some funny moments, but can it keep up the pace or will it quickly become stale? Honestly, no clue at this point, but am hoping for the former.

Shy 2nd Season - I really liked S1 (apart from eps. 3-6 which were zzz af) and this looks to be more of the same, so yay!
Coolest/Funniest quotes from animes:
People die when they are killed - Shirou Emiya, Fate/Stay Night
Did you really think killing me would be enough to make me die - Anos Voldigoad, Maou Gakuin
My orders are absolute / Boku no meirei wa zettai da - Seijuro Akashi, Kuroko no Basket
D-D-D-DISGUSTING!!! - Erina Nakiri, Shokugeki no Souma
KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE - Ouran High School Host Club OP
Jul 2, 2:05 PM

Dec 2018
July 2:

Tasuuketsu - So... look, the premise is not bad, but the execution (from the characters, to the dialogue to the cuts) is goddamn awful and it's probably gonna become a Deus Ex Machina-fest thanks to the special powers. Worst show of the season so far imo
Did you really think killing me would be enough to make me die - Anos Voldigoad, Maou Gakuin
My orders are absolute / Boku no meirei wa zettai da - Seijuro Akashi, Kuroko no Basket
Jul 2, 2:33 PM
Mar 2021
well, I'm no fan of isekai and romance, so it's gonna be:
tower of god and nier automata part 2, for the action/ suspense ,
shikanoko nokonoko...for the comedy,
and shoushimin series ( cause it's the same author as hyouka).
Jul 2, 3:05 PM
Jun 2024
KANLen09 said:
Shy (Season 2)
Last Fall's showcase was kinda OK, though I would like to see what the manga has in store for yet another season of the anime.

Shinmai Ossan Boukensha, Saikyou Party ni Shinu hodo Kitaerarete Muteki ni Naru.
I swear that this show is legitly funny, humour be demned if otherwise. Though this is about a show where the Ossan is the MC, this is already far better than the other Ossan show that we got before. Hope this show doesn't land a nutcase.

What's the English name gonna be for that Japanese title?
Jul 2, 3:24 PM

Sep 2021
I'm trying for 20 shows total this season... we'll see if I make it to the end.

Of course I'm excited for:
[Oshi no Ko] 2nd Season: as a fan of the manga, Doga Kobo is finally adapting my favorite arc! I really hope they do it justice. I'm sure they will! So ready to fangirl over Akane this season~
NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2: as someone who has played the game multiple times and treasures it, I wasn't fully in love with Part 1, but I'm excited to watch Part 2, if only to see how they'll handle adapting the ending routes of the game. And of course, for whatever surprises they have in store, like Part 1's Replicant cast cameo.
Giji Harem: one of the cutest romance manga I've read, and even though characterization was thin at times, Rin's acting antics were really something special. I can't wait to see how Hayami Saori interprets her; it'll be so neat to hear her stretch her vocal range a bit!
Gimai Seikatsu: I've only watched the first episode, and I'm anime-only on this one, but it immediately struck me as something special. The dialogue between Saki and Yuuta felt so real and natural, and there was a certain tangible vibe to the episode overall that I just adored. If this keeps up, I have a feeling it'll be one of my faves of the season. Also, it's nice to know that production on all 12 episodes has been fully finished for a while now, so we can simply just enjoy what Studio Deen made for us, without worry.

Mildly interested in / intrigued by:
Tokidoki Bosotto Russiago de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san: I've heard a lot of interesting things about the titular Alya-san, so I'm ready to meet her for myself. And I feel like we're getting treated with two Doga Kobo anime this season!
Na Nare Hana Nare: a P.A. Works original, and Itou Miku has a main role, so it's a must-watch for me! Even at their worst, P.A. Works always comes up with interesting concepts for their original anime.
Shoushimin Series: I don't have much to say here, other than the premise for this one seems super interesting, and I've heard good things from source readers!

Picked these just because / not expecting much:
VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta: I like VTubers, and the character designs look really fun and super super cute.
Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai: And the winner for the longest title of the season goes to... My fantasy pick for the season. Source readers are also saying it has a lot of potential, so I'm maybe a little excited, too.
Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life: I love reincarnation and isekai, but I'm not sure about this one. I'm hopeful, but at the very least, it might be a comfy watch to end my Saturdays with.

Like I mentioned, I am watching 20 shows this season (send help-), a bunch more romance and isekai- but these are the ones that stood out to me the most at first glance, so I don't make this post too long~
As KANLen09 said, this really is the season for rom-com enjoyers; it should be a fun one!

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jul 2, 4:35 PM

Mar 2013
Day 1: Tue 7/2
The show doesn't seem like anything special, just another isekai with an OP MC who doesn't know he's OP. The thing that makes it different is that he's an older guy taking the test to be an adventurer, but even that seems a little stale after Kaiju no.8 just did the same thing, I think even with the same age, literally last season but also managed to have an entire story outside of that trope. But like all the isekai, I'm going to enjoy the weak story and fairly well-choreographed fight scenes because isekai for some reason is a guilty pleasure genre for me. Very low expectations though, but I think it will be a fun enough ride.

PTW:
Kami no Tou: Ouji no Kikan
Isekai Suicide Squad
Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan
Isekai Shikkaku
Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta
Atri: My Dear Moments
Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made
Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.
Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai
Tasogare Out Focus
Delico's Nursery
Bye Bye, Earth
Isekai Yururi Kikou: Kosodateshinagara Boukensha Shimasu
Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru
Dungeon no Naka no Hito
0-saiji Start Dash Monogatari
Kimi ni Todoke 3rd Season

Continue Watching:
Boku no Hero Academia 7th Season
zaverixJul 2, 4:42 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 2, 9:43 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to smoltulip
I'm trying for 20 shows total this season... we'll see if I make it to the end.

Of course I'm excited for:
[Oshi no Ko] 2nd Season: as a fan of the manga, Doga Kobo is finally adapting my favorite arc! I really hope they do it justice. I'm sure they will! So ready to fangirl over Akane this season~
NieR:Automata Ver1.1a Part 2: as someone who has played the game multiple times and treasures it, I wasn't fully in love with Part 1, but I'm excited to watch Part 2, if only to see how they'll handle adapting the ending routes of the game. And of course, for whatever surprises they have in store, like Part 1's Replicant cast cameo.
Giji Harem: one of the cutest romance manga I've read, and even though characterization was thin at times, Rin's acting antics were really something special. I can't wait to see how Hayami Saori interprets her; it'll be so neat to hear her stretch her vocal range a bit!
Gimai Seikatsu: I've only watched the first episode, and I'm anime-only on this one, but it immediately struck me as something special. The dialogue between Saki and Yuuta felt so real and natural, and there was a certain tangible vibe to the episode overall that I just adored. If this keeps up, I have a feeling it'll be one of my faves of the season. Also, it's nice to know that production on all 12 episodes has been fully finished for a while now, so we can simply just enjoy what Studio Deen made for us, without worry.

Mildly interested in / intrigued by:
Tokidoki Bosotto Russiago de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san: I've heard a lot of interesting things about the titular Alya-san, so I'm ready to meet her for myself. And I feel like we're getting treated with two Doga Kobo anime this season!
Na Nare Hana Nare: a P.A. Works original, and Itou Miku has a main role, so it's a must-watch for me! Even at their worst, P.A. Works always comes up with interesting concepts for their original anime.
Shoushimin Series: I don't have much to say here, other than the premise for this one seems super interesting, and I've heard good things from source readers!

Picked these just because / not expecting much:
VTuber Nandaga Haishin Kiri Wasuretara Densetsu ni Natteta: I like VTubers, and the character designs look really fun and super super cute.
Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai: And the winner for the longest title of the season goes to... My fantasy pick for the season. Source readers are also saying it has a lot of potential, so I'm maybe a little excited, too.
Madougushi Dahlia wa Utsumukanai: Kyou kara Jiyuu na Shokunin Life: I love reincarnation and isekai, but I'm not sure about this one. I'm hopeful, but at the very least, it might be a comfy watch to end my Saturdays with.

Like I mentioned, I am watching 20 shows this season (send help-), a bunch more romance and isekai- but these are the ones that stood out to me the most at first glance, so I don't make this post too long~
As KANLen09 said, this really is the season for rom-com enjoyers; it should be a fun one!
@smoltulip May your 20 seasonals go well! Me and a group of friends had the amazing idea to watch every single seasonal this season, so, um... pain awaits me, probably :(
Jul 2, 11:56 PM

Jun 2022
There are some interesting anime this summer and I'm gonna watch oshi no ko S2,Pseudo Harem, Makeine,My Deer Friend Nokotan (most exited), Wistoria: Wand and Sword & Nige Jouzu no Wakagimi.
Jul 3, 4:35 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to izumi_miyamura2
KANLen09 said:
Shy (Season 2)

What's the English name gonna be for that Japanese title?
@izumi_miyamura2 it would be "The Ossan Newbie Adventurer, Trained to Death by the Most Powerful Party, Became Invincible"
Jul 3, 4:39 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to JmePenseBonne
@smoltulip May your 20 seasonals go well! Me and a group of friends had the amazing idea to watch every single seasonal this season, so, um... pain awaits me, probably :(
@smoltulip that's right, Summer IS the season of rom-coms.

@JmePenseBonne since you and @smoltulip And since you're watching 20+ shows, why not try participating in PRC for the first time?
Link is here if you need more information: AG PRC

Don't forget that the AG veterans like myself have been watching close to more than twice that count, about 40 to 50 shows per season!
Jul 3, 6:07 AM

Jul 2017
Day 5: Tue / Jul 2
Tasuketsu
It's a death game kind of show, but it's leaning too much on the Ousama Game aesthetic that it's a blank slate for what to expect going forward. Not a good start, but it has a lot of work to do to entice people on its plot.
Jul 3, 11:01 AM

Jul 2017
Day 6: Wed / Jul 3
【OSHI NO KO】Season 2
The greatness that is Oshi no Ko is back, and progressing its big arc of the Tokyo Blade 2.5D stage play. Things will get even more intense this season, more so than Season 1, which was all still a great set-up.

Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san
Well, one of my favourite rom-coms of the season has finally arrived, and I have to say that I'm not disappointed at all, one bit. Maybe just the fast pacing of the show, if they could slow it down, it would be for the better. Do not miss this rom-com!
Jul 3, 11:49 AM

Dec 2018
July 3:

"Oshi no Ko" 2nd Season - PEAK IS BACK! PEAK IS BACK! PEAK IS BACK! This is the season where people will finally see that Akane is best girl (although it is a very close race), mark my word!

Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san - This certainly is cuter than most teasing anime à-la Nagatoro-san, mostly because for once the MC is NOT A TOTAL TOOL. Also, man they went all out with this OP's animation. Also also, the childhood friend is so obviously gonna be Alya, I can't xD
Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Still think Summer 2024 is going to be a lackluster season of anime, but here's what I'm watching.

[Oshi No Ko] Season 2
Isekai Suicide Squad
2.5 Dimensional Seduction
The Café Terrace and Its Goddesses Season 2
The Elusive Samurai
Plus-Sized Elf
Sengoku Youko 2nd Season

The first three episodes of Isekai Suicide Squad were solid so far and the English dub was good. Also waiting for the English dub to come out for Tower of God Season 2.

6 hours ago

Dec 2018
July 4:

Giji Harem - Rin is best girl and Spoiled-chan is best Rin. I've read the manga for this one and it's so cute, am happy to see the anime is doing it justice so far.

Gimai Seikatsu - I expected some awful ass incest wish-fulfillment show and, while it's obviously setting up incest, I think it does so somewhat tastefully?

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made - CAREFUL, YOU MIGHT CUT YOURSELF ON ALL THAT EDGE!! Seriously, this is goddamn awful in pretty much every way.

Megami no Café Terrace 2nd Season - Yknow, this has the same 2 major problems as S1: Ami still exists and there still is no uncensored version. Um... the cat is cute I guess? Also, the ending to ep. 1 made me roll my eyes, how goddamn cliché and cringe can one get.

Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru: Gyaku Kanchigai no Sekai Saikyou wa Boukensha ni Naritai - Formulaic OP isekai formula, but it's just fantasy.

Ramen Akaneko - This one is cute, although I'm a bit disappointed that they got Taiga's VA and gave her a character OTHER THAN THE TIGER. Missed opportunity frfr :(

Senpai wa Otokonoko - Senpai is an Otokonoko? That's like... THE BEST THING EVER! Seriously, ep. 1 was quite funny, although I'm afraid the chibi artstyle will become overused and annoying quick.

Tasogare Out Focus - I like good anime no matter the genre and this includes BL. Ep. 1 was surprisingly good, am looking forward to more!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» [Voting OPEN] ATE: Best Child Character - Finals

Jokobo - Yesterday

19 by Ranniwaifuending »»
11 hours ago

» [Voting OPEN] ATE: Best Child Character - Bronze Match

Jokobo - Yesterday

20 by Ranniwaifuending »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » !~~Spring 2024 Anime of the Season Finals~~!

Hibbington - Jul 2

47 by badabass »»
Yesterday, 7:33 AM

» [CLOSED] ATE: Best Child Character - Semifinals Match 2

Jokobo - Jul 1

24 by Jokobo »»
Yesterday, 6:51 AM

» [CLOSED] ATE: Best Child Character - Semifinals Match 1

Jokobo - Jul 1

26 by Jokobo »»
Yesterday, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.