Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 7:32 AM

Nov 2018
This seems like a really weird way to open up the series... I can't really say much because of spoilers but know this, episode 0 does not start at chapter 1.

As a manga reader I honestly don't know whats gonna happen next
May 24, 7:40 AM
Mar 2020
I read that this episode 0 was a prologue and that episode 1 will equate with the beginning of chapter 1. But I’m an anime only with this, so not too sure
May 24, 8:55 AM

Feb 2016
I hope episode 1 will not continue episode 0, but instead adapt chapter 1 of manga.
This episode 0 is so weird, it explained everything happening in past 8 years through exposition dump.
I can see that it's setting the atmosphere and establishing what's at stake in the future. Perhaps they're aiming to prevent anime viewers from losing interest halfway through the series when 'nothing' seems to happen.

But i think this is a wrong introduction to the series, the manga is mostly about humanity & characters, not fast paced post-apocalyptic alien invasion (which is what i would think if i only watch episode 0). Early episode should give people idea how the entire series would goes like, and i think it fail to do so.
likepandaMay 24, 9:08 AM
May 24, 10:23 AM

Apr 2015
I'm not a manga reader so my opinion is solely based on the anime. The episode felt like a good exposition episode. Nothing too good or bad imo.
May 24, 5:16 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to rwhip81
I read that this episode 0 was a prologue and that episode 1 will equate with the beginning of chapter 1. But I’m an anime only with this, so not too sure
@rwhip81 if this is really the case I'd probably advise anime onlys to not watch episode 0, it's not actually that great of an introduction to the series.
May 25, 3:00 PM
Jul 2021
I definitelly think it's a disservice to the show. I won't say the adaptation is dead because of ep 0, but I do think they show things that are quite exciting or suprising to discover organically, compared to an episode of lore dump :/
May 31, 7:46 PM
Lord Todopoderos
Mar 2008
I watched that episode 0 and 1 and they're doing a lot of things different than the manga so I guess they're gonna build a 3rd or 4th route maybe another world

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 19

108 by Guilmon1 »»
53 minutes ago

» Watch episode 0 before you watch episode 17

SabreDrago - Sep 20

10 by Shidoteki »»
Today, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction (ONA) Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 12

90 by Jonas-K »»
Yesterday, 2:17 PM

» So, how should i watch this?

WraFh - Sep 21

8 by Nostalgik »»
Sep 21, 6:18 PM

» English subs fixed on Crunchyroll

GrumbleDango - Sep 10

15 by xZabuzax »»
Sep 21, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.