Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 22, 12:47 PM

Oct 2017
Gen tried freeing him but he's far too gone. Oh well lets see things through, us readers.
May 22, 1:17 PM
Jun 2021
I've just finished reading this chapter, and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 without hesitation. The artwork is stunning, with vivid illustrations that really bring the characters to life. The characters themselves are well-developed and relatable, with complex motivations and backstories that make them feel like real people. The storyline is engaging and suspenseful, with plenty of twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat.

What really sets this manga apart, though, is its ability to evoke strong emotions. The drama is palpable, and I found myself feeling invested in the characters' struggles and triumphs. It's not often that I find a manga that can make me laugh and cry in equal measure, but this one has definitely accomplished that.

If you're a fan of drama manga, I highly recommend giving this one a try. And if you know of any other manga that are similar to this one, I'd love to hear your recommendations! Maybe we can discuss some of our favorite titles in the comments.
May 22, 9:28 PM
Sep 2017
One of the best chapters so far
May 22, 9:47 PM

Oct 2013
Reiji's resolve could've been almost unbreakable since his chat with Nagi and the decision he made back then, if not only one last thing that somewhat still limited him and made him to continue clinging onto his past life. It was Gen, or to be more precise: Reiji's promise to wait until Gen returns. With that one, very short (only one phrase) letter, Gen freed him from his oath, destroying the last limiter that could prevent Reiji from turning into an unhinged lunatic. A person without any chance to turn back to normal.

Marvelous chapter, as always; as always it was full of emotions and symbolism. Also, it was great to see Chako again and learn that she and her mom are slowly recovering from everything that happened earlier, or in general in their family.

The meeting between Mao and Reiji is drawing closer. The tension and suspense are real. Too bad the series will go on a break next week. Great it will return not that long after, 'cause ch. 177 was said to be released on June 6, 2024.
May 22, 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to ExternalWorld
I've just finished reading this chapter, and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'd give it a 10 out of 10 without hesitation. The artwork is stunning, with vivid illustrations that really bring the characters to life. The characters themselves are well-developed and relatable, with complex motivations and backstories that make them feel like real people. The storyline is engaging and suspenseful, with plenty of twists and turns to keep me on the edge of my seat.

What really sets this manga apart, though, is its ability to evoke strong emotions. The drama is palpable, and I found myself feeling invested in the characters' struggles and triumphs. It's not often that I find a manga that can make me laugh and cry in equal measure, but this one has definitely accomplished that.

If you're a fan of drama manga, I highly recommend giving this one a try. And if you know of any other manga that are similar to this one, I'd love to hear your recommendations! Maybe we can discuss some of our favorite titles in the comments.
@ExternalWorld Well said. Shounen no Abyss is really special. One of the best manga that could be classified as "misery literature", due to its themes, characters and the way its plot twists look like. Definitely not a story for everyone, since not everyone might enjoy that type of literature. However, if someone is open for new experiences, or is a fan of the aforementioned "misery literature", then Shounen no Abyss is truly a great manga to read.

ExternalWorld said:
And if you know of any other manga that are similar to this one, I'd love to hear your recommendations! Maybe we can discuss some of our favorite titles in the comments.
After checking what kind of manga you and I have already read, I recommend you picking up Boku wa Mari no Naka by Shuuzou Oshimi. If you enjoyed Aku no Hana and Chi no Wadachi, then I think you might like Boku wa Mari no Naka as well. :)

May 25, 11:18 AM
Jan 2021
this manga is like a car crash i cant look away from
May 25, 11:54 AM

Aug 2016
Almost there, action time soon
"I’m alone. I hate being alone. Being alone makes me feel empty."
Hanabi Yasuraoka

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 178 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 12

1 by GeoXsf9 »»
Jun 12, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 177 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 5

3 by Adnash »»
Jun 7, 1:06 AM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 173 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 17

6 by generic_stuff »»
May 29, 9:53 PM

» [No spoilers] Is it ending soon?

reneansun - May 23

6 by GeoXsf9 »»
May 23, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Shounen no Abyss Chapter 175 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 15

7 by Chufal »»
May 22, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.