Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 18, 6:52 AM

Sep 2021
Season 2 part 1 is full of Reno, Shin, and Avos/Misha family arc. Also, it didn't help that Season 2 part 1 is technically divided into 2 parts since they delayed the other half of the season.

So why is this called Season 2 part 2? I kind of understand why they did it for Mushoku Tensei, but not this one.

Any LN reader willing to explain the general gist of it?
May 18, 7:17 AM

Jan 2017
DJKuroinu said:
So why is this called Season 2 part 2? [...] Any LN reader willing to explain the general gist of it?

It has nothing to do with the content being adapted, but more with how the productions of Animes are.

To sum it up, they planned from the beginning of the production of this Season to do 25 Episodes, but splitted them into 2 parts. Generally, it's done to have an healthier production chain, letting enough time for the different teams to work and polish the episodes, and avoid a crash (which kinda already happened with the 1st Part). Having a few months breaks of airing also let them breath.

Now, why did they choose a 25 Episodes Season directly ? We don't know, it's not the type of infos that is shared to the public. We can only speculate, like maybe they were agreeably surprised by the reception the 1st Season got, and wished to surf on its popularity. A 3 years gap is already long, and doing a 12 Episodes 2nd Season would also have pushed back the potential 3rd Season to much later, which could have resulted in a loss of popularity, and therefore sales/money.

Edit : Also, the "Part 2" is an addition of MAL (and other sites) to the title, to make it easier for the users to track the entries. In Japan, it's considered as one and only product, with simply a break in the middle.
Alexioos95May 18, 7:21 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 18, 7:43 AM
Dec 2022
Why is Earth called Earth ??
And every word that particular word only ?? huh
May 18, 8:34 AM
Nov 2019
kiyopon111 said:
Why is Earth called Earth ??
And every word that particular word only ?? huh

Earth is called Earth because people thought it was made with earth (lower case).

This part being season 2 part 2 instead of season 3 can be understood by the length of the time window between part 1 and 2, which would be short for two separate productions to take place.
I think some people might feel part 1 was aired years before this part 2. It’s because the part 1 production was held for an indefinite period of time, and that’s why OP is asking.
May 18, 9:30 AM
Jan 2022
did he really need to ask why it's s2 part 2 not season 3 because if there was a s3 they would announced it or broadcast it as s3
May 18, 9:41 AM
Nov 2018
I can see why you would call this season 3. This feels completely disconnected with the last cour, outside of the god involvement. Plus, the time it took to bring this out. I think there's more to it. They keep hinting of a past, even Anos was made to completely forget.
MoppitMay 18, 9:46 AM
May 18, 1:50 PM

Jul 2016
Makes the title so long too ugh, agreed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

36 by Narizor »»
2 hours ago

» I was so happy that, it got a second season

Yeshaiah2015yesh - 11 hours ago

10 by Reevansingh21 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 12

54 by Noegusis »»
May 25, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha II: Shijou Saikyou no Maou no Shiso, Tensei shite Shison-tachi no Gakkou e Kayou Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 17

36 by badabass »»
May 24, 7:18 PM

» Episode 7 Delayed

KANLen09 - May 19

10 by jas-samaaa »»
May 24, 1:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.