Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2010 10:13 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
i like that Yusuke's spirit energy overpowered his demon energy, it was great when he broke Yomi's wall

RtheO
Oct 8, 2010 7:24 PM

Mar 2010
Way Better than when it anitially felt

just two guys beating the crap out of each other

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 26, 2012 1:41 AM

Jun 2010
This series continues to kind of baffle me. On one level, this might be the dullest fight in the series; there's no antagonism between Yomi and Yusuke (he isn't even unpleasant!) and nothing at stake. I should be snoring. This has been true of all the fights except Hiei and Mukuro's wonderful emotionally-charged fight.

Yet the execution carries it. It's so restrained. There's so little yelling, so little music and what's there is rather understated. There's no over-played reversals or posturing. It makes the Dark Tournament look like silly melodrama in comparison.

Yet we still get the usual silliness of people standing around and blasting their light-show energies into the sky and it tries too hard to make something awfully simple (Yusuke piercing Yomi barrier) come off as impressive. Anyway, I thought that Yusuke didn't have spirit energy anymore because he died again?

Plus I don't really buy Yusuke gaining strength from his supposed love for Keiko. Suddenly he's thinking about her again? For the first time in how long?
Jul 23, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2012
At 1st I was so pissed off when Yomi took that punch and did not get up. Good thing it was just like a warm up for him. Then when he striked, Yusuke suddenly said he is exhausted from fighting, that I was more mad. But good thing he suddenly regained some motivation. Damn, these dudes are playing on my expectations. Whew, good that they finally decided to just beat the hell out of each other.
Sep 18, 2013 1:04 AM

Apr 2013
Loved it.

Yomi mollywhops Yusuke and then wants to fight so badly he even mollywhops him some more so Yusuke stops being a pussy. This episode was simply amazing. Character development and testosterone all mixed in with stomps. However, I am sad I am almost finished with this series.
Apr 28, 2015 9:08 AM

Aug 2013
Yusuke is right in that it has very much become an aimless fight. Those reasons he thought of to motivate him again had not been reflected on for years.

On a random side-note, I just realized that there is spirit energy and demon energy but no human equivalent.
May 6, 2017 4:09 AM

Dec 2013
Yusuke suddenly questioning himself in the middle of the fight just felt random.
Jun 23, 2017 8:07 PM

Sep 2015
That was super awesome at the end when they both started smiling and hitting each other without defending or dodging. Looks like both of them are having the time of their lives.
Aug 16, 2017 1:43 PM

Jun 2016
I'll get it out of the way, demon Yusuke will always leave a bad taste in my mouth, that out of the way this fight is awesome. If it wasn't so rushed and we got to see more of Yomi deciding to leave everything to fight etc it could be better, but in terms of a Yuyu fight this one is real good. The back and fourths are awesome! The double energy blasts are kind of silly but not horrible by any means, does this mean Yomi cannot block against spirit energy? I don't think that part was very well done in terms of explaining. Also Yusuke's existential crisis was out of nowhere. Despite the flaws, I really do like this fight a lot. The ending slugfest was so great and hearing demons cheering Yusuke's name made me smile. This and the Yomi vs Shura fights are seriously some of the most grounded yet engaging fights in this series, nothing too ridiculous to take you out of them.
Jun 3, 2019 2:52 PM
Apr 2016
Now we speaking! This fight was way way way more enjoyable than the previous two fights, for me at least. I was hoping Yuusuke's demon form would awaken already, took a while, sad that it didn't have white long hair though.
Dec 31, 2019 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
StevenHu said:

On a random side-note, I just realized that there is spirit energy and demon energy but no human equivalent.

I believe that spirit energy is human energy compared with the sacred energy and demon energy that also exists.

This fight was, uh, I don't know. It was executed fairly well. As others mentioned, there was not a lot really to charge this fight with, though, other than Yusuke's aim to understand himself. I liked this episode overall, but I did want more.
May 5, 2020 11:52 AM

Mar 2020
When Yusuke started having an existential crisis outta nowhere, i felt that.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 16, 2020 3:35 AM

Apr 2020
StevenHu said:
Yusuke is right in that it has very much become an aimless fight. Those reasons he thought of to motivate him again had not been reflected on for years.

That is called Nen XP
--AbiSa--
Feb 10, 2021 4:08 AM

Dec 2007
seems to me this is going to be the last battle as yusuke having thinking about his goals and starting using spiritual energy,

and yomi is just annoying me for some reason...
Sep 1, 2021 9:14 PM

Aug 2018
2 episodes left!! We had better see Kuwabara again....

Jan 15, 11:57 PM

Nov 2012
that random chick doing better than Hiei against Mukuro pissed me off, and those new characters that came out of nowhere that no one cares about, supposedly being mukuro/yomi/raizen level.

Yusuke's transformation looked different, and not quite as cool, was it like incomplete still or something? Preferred how it looked before
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 35 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 25, 2009

26 by KoniginElle »»
44 minutes ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 101 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Jun 3, 2010

24 by Xeehad »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Yuu Yuu Hakusho Episode 100 Discussion

Kaizoku-Ou - Jan 27, 2009

45 by Xeehad »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 98 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

28 by Xeehad »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Yu Yu Hakusho Episode 96 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - May 31, 2010

17 by Xeehad »»
Today, 12:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.