Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 2, 11:10 PM

Dec 2022
Which one do you think is better? Personally I think GTA V is better mostly just because the amount of bugs I experienced while playing GTA IV for the first time.

May 4, 8:04 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to ST63LTH
GTAV the replay-ability is a lot better for me personally
@ST63LTH Yep I definitely agree with that, played GTA V 4 times and GTA IV only twice.

May 4, 12:06 PM

Dec 2015
I haven't played that much GTA V and GTA IV as both of them made me bored quite quickly, the only ones in which I've spent the most time which still isn't a lot are: GTA SA and GTA III
May 6, 1:42 AM

Aug 2018
GTA 4 for me, I do love GTA 5 a lot as well for what it does, but the atmosphere in 4 just does it for me. And I also think that the writing in that game is much better than 5.
5 has a better PC port though.

Why do you hate cats?

May 6, 2:37 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Jeritorias
GTA 4 for me, I do love GTA 5 a lot as well for what it does, but the atmosphere in 4 just does it for me. And I also think that the writing in that game is much better than 5.
5 has a better PC port though.
@Jeritorias So true don't even get me started on the GTA IV PC port.

May 6, 7:12 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to tectacles
@Jeritorias So true don't even get me started on the GTA IV PC port.
@tectacles It was so ass, I remember when I booted it up for the first time, I was greeted with 0 road textures :)

had to fiddle around with it in the files and watch tutorials on youtube just to get the game up to a playable state.

Why do you hate cats?

May 6, 7:17 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Jeritorias
@tectacles It was so ass, I remember when I booted it up for the first time, I was greeted with 0 road textures :)

had to fiddle around with it in the files and watch tutorials on youtube just to get the game up to a playable state.
@Jeritorias I never could get it to work as the FPS was too inconsistent and DXVK didn't work with my computer.

May 6, 9:28 AM

Jan 2024
Both are incredible in their own: GTA IV has a darker story and atmosphere compared to GTA V, with a vibrant and colorful Los Santos. Just a personal preference: GTA IV.
May 6, 11:08 AM

May 2021
Reply to His0kaDevv
Both are incredible in their own: GTA IV has a darker story and atmosphere compared to GTA V, with a vibrant and colorful Los Santos. Just a personal preference: GTA IV.
@His0kaDevv Yep I'm with you. I think both games have merits that make them exceptional for their genre. I'm not one to really seek out the GTA experience, but I have played both of these games. I lean towards GTA IV because I got more time out of that game. I also think IV had some of the best DLC. V had a better multiplayer experience but I was too busy playing other things to keep up with my friends that grinded it.
May 6, 5:37 PM

Dec 2022
Reply to Horizon248
@His0kaDevv Yep I'm with you. I think both games have merits that make them exceptional for their genre. I'm not one to really seek out the GTA experience, but I have played both of these games. I lean towards GTA IV because I got more time out of that game. I also think IV had some of the best DLC. V had a better multiplayer experience but I was too busy playing other things to keep up with my friends that grinded it.
@Horizon248 The DLCs in GTA IV were great I so badly wish GTA V had some DLC. I'm assuming it didn't because of GTA online which I don't really enjoy.

May 6, 6:04 PM

May 2021
Reply to tectacles
@Horizon248 The DLCs in GTA IV were great I so badly wish GTA V had some DLC. I'm assuming it didn't because of GTA online which I don't really enjoy.
@tectacles Yeah I look back on the GTA IV DLC fondly. I think that was a major part in why I got more time out of IV than V.

GTA V Online was okay. I didn't really enjoy it either, but I thought the idea of doing "heists" with friends was pretty cool. Just like any other multiplayer game though, the progression was extremely grindy, and made it basically unplayable for a GTA casual like myself. Fun with friends to a point, not worth it otherwise.
May 7, 6:19 AM
Nov 2019
GTA IV for the plot, characterisation and grimmer atmosphere.

GTA V for the gameplay and vibrancy. Take me back to my Vice City days.
May 7, 2:11 PM

Dec 2019
Only really reason I played V was for Online, I stopped Story Mode midway cuz I wasn't into the missions. That being said, I prefer IV, however GTA V is probably the better game oBjecTively cuz of the insane variety & content

Best thing ab IV is the story, Niko Bellic is arguably the best GTA protagonist. I also love the realistic psychics, even though it feels slower. It blows my mind that IV was released 16 yrs ago

More topics from this board

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

20 by traed »»
45 minutes ago

» How to revive Windows Live Messenger

weirdmusty7 - Today

3 by weirdmusty7 »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

Nette - Apr 25

9 by RokkuDash »»
7 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3550 by Simple_Y »»
Yesterday, 9:32 PM

» your video game waifu or husbando

deg - May 7

29 by DesuMaiden »»
Yesterday, 3:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.