Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Is Rudeus a good character?
Apr 30, 2:55 AM
I love femboys.

Sep 2022
Like Jesus, the amount of character development he has received in just 30+ episodes are beyond insane.

Who else thinks he's a Top-Tier character that deserves more respect?

๐™Š๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™‹๐™ž๐™š๐™˜๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™˜๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ง๐™›๐™š๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š. - ๐™•๐™–๐™˜๐™
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 3:09 AM
Nov 2023
rudeus is and always has been an S tier character in terms of writing, you can hate the "controversial" stuff he does but you can't ignore his qualities
Apr 30, 3:16 AM
Jun 2023
are you joking??? i don't think he is best character in anime,, even in last episode he lied to sylphy that she is all he needs ,but later he is going to get more waifus I know that,, he isn't even honest to his own wife,, how can you say he is best character in anime??
Apr 30, 3:27 AM

Apr 2022
to the question in the title no

to the poll yes
Apr 30, 3:27 AM
Dec 2020
_otaku_man00 said:
are you joking??? i don't think he is best character in anime,, even in last episode he lied to sylphy that she is all he needs ,but later he is going to get more waifus I know that,, he isn't even honest to his own wife,, how can you say he is best character in anime??

op means „best written“. they dont have to be the most likable
Apr 30, 3:28 AM
Dec 2020
PyGno_ said:
to the question in the title no

to the poll yes

right?? i hate when they do this… idk what to pick
Apr 30, 3:30 AM
Jun 2023
keinboesewicht said:
_otaku_man00 said:

maybe I am blind but he didn't mention op here,, he said one of the best character,,, 8 don't think he is ,, even with 20+ character development episodes,, 40+ age is still acts like a kid and blamed eris for living him and lies to sylphy,,, he should be honest with her that he likes roxy atleast,,,
Apr 30, 3:30 AM
Feb 2022
_otaku_man00 said:

he is well written character that's mean he is realistic and in real life lying is existed
Apr 30, 3:32 AM
Jun 2023
Yantama said:
_otaku_man00 said:

he is well written character that's mean he is realistic and in real life lying is existed

lying about love is called cheating,, i think you know that,, i can't tolerate that...
Apr 30, 3:34 AM
Feb 2022
_otaku_man00 said:
keinboesewicht said:

maybe I am blind but he didn't mention op here,, he said one of the best character,,, 8 don't think he is ,, even with 20+ character development episodes,, 40+ age is still acts like a kid and blamed eris for living him and lies to sylphy,,, he should be honest with her that he likes roxy atleast,,,

okay he is a bad person but that doesn't mean he's a bad written character or not the best.
If we're going by your standards, that means Luffy is the best character
Apr 30, 3:38 AM
Jun 2023
Yantama said:
_otaku_man00 said:

okay he is a bad person but that doesn't mean he's a bad written character or not the best.

only honesty doesn't make a person as a best character,,but honesty is also part of it,, you can lie somethings to make your loved once happy,,but don't lie on the thing that you can't control,,,, Rudy knows he loves roxy ,, her panties are god to him,,,, he should be honest at this kind of situation ,, i don't think Luffy is best character but he is not like Rudy,, I can atleast say Luffy is good,,
Apr 30, 3:39 AM
Feb 2022
_otaku_man00 said:
Yantama said:

lying about love is called cheating,, i think you know that,, i can't tolerate that...

okay lying is a bad thing but is still existed.
my point is rudeus is one of the best character in the written side.
in fact if you what's me and rodius condition and I was not a Muslim My actions will be very close to his actions and the outcome will be almost the same as his outcome
Apr 30, 3:43 AM
Dec 2020
_otaku_man00 said:
Yantama said:

only honesty doesn't make a person as a best character,,but honesty is also part of it,, you can lie somethings to make your loved once happy,,but don't lie on the thing that you can't control,,,, Rudy knows he loves roxy ,, her panties are god to him,,,, he should be honest at this kind of situation ,, i don't think Luffy is best character but he is not like Rudy,, I can atleast say Luffy is good,,

youre having a completely different discussion.

NO ONE said that rudeus is a GOOD PERSON. (which is also debatable, but thats a different discussion as i already said)

we‘re saying that he is a REALISTIC CHARACTER with lots of development. and that makes him a WELL WRITTEN character
keinboesewichtApr 30, 3:47 AM
Apr 30, 3:45 AM
Jun 2023
Yantama said:
_otaku_man00 said:

in fact if you what's me and rodius condition and I was not a Muslim My actions will be very close to his actions and the outcome will be almost the same as his outcome

well if you say a shitty side of human then yes,, he has bad qualitys that human has,,,, that one who posted this should mention that kind of stuff,, he is just saying Rudy is best character,,,, I can agree with you at some point,,

i don't like when he blames everything on Eris when he is 40+ and got second chance in life and still whining,,, i mean Eris is still a kid ,,she even wrote a letter,,,she may not be good with her words,, Rudy only thinks about himself,,, he is more realistic then a best character,,,,

the question should have been life realistic character, instent of best character,,, that is my problem...
Apr 30, 3:47 AM
Jun 2023
keinboesewicht said:
_otaku_man00 said:

NO ONE said that rudeus is a GOOD PERSON. (which is also debatable, but thats a different discussion as i already said)

we‘re saying that he is a REALISTIC CHARACTER with lots of development. and that makes him a WELL WRITTEN character

the pole doesn't say what you are saying,,, just read the question,,, he is not one of the best character ,,,, he may be realistic,,,,( 40+ age still a kid) but not best for sure .
Apr 30, 3:48 AM

Jul 2015
_otaku_man00 said:
keinboesewicht said:

OP mentioned "character", not "a person", which is used to described quality of the writing, not morality. And since you already spoiled yourself for whatever reason, you should know that Rudy himself didn't liked the idea of polygamy himself, but his three wifes pushed for it. And no, it's not "cheating" because nobody hides anything from anyone and Rudy himself eventually agreed on that, because he just didn't wanted to discriminate between the three and choose only one.

And, yes, I do think he is well written because his character development is truly beautiful, but he still has a long way to go.
PiromyslApr 30, 4:07 AM

Apr 30, 3:50 AM
Jun 2023
GoatPieceLuffy said:
Like Jesus, the amount of character development he has received in just 30+ episodes are beyond insane.

Who else thinks he's a Top-Tier character that deserves more respect?

this anime in previous 20+ episode only focused on character development why wouldn't he gets development??? i don't think that's a great thing,,,, mc ignored everything and started his life ,,, he should have tried something then got a character development that would have been good ..
Apr 30, 3:55 AM
Dec 2020
_otaku_man00 said:
keinboesewicht said:

the pole doesn't say what you are saying,,, just read the question,,, he is not one of the best character ,,,, he may be realistic,,,,( 40+ age still a kid) but not best for sure .

omfg its like talking to a wall.. you must be trolling at this point.
theres multiple people telling you that you misunderstood. but please, keep thinking you’re the only one who is right
Apr 30, 4:24 AM
Feb 2022
_otaku_man00 said:
Yantama said:

well if you say a shitty side of human then yes,, he has bad qualitys that human has,,,, that one who posted this should mention that kind of stuff,, he is just saying Rudy is best character,,,, I can agree with you at some point,,

i don't like when he blames everything on Eris when he is 40+ and got second chance in life and still whining,,, i mean Eris is still a kid ,,she even wrote a letter,,,she may not be good with her words,, Rudy only thinks about himself,,, he is more realistic then a best character,,,,

the question should have been life realistic character, instent of best character,,, that is my problem...

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
then I will write a character who never lies and never do something wrong and he is very smart and handsome and tall and everything good is in it does that mean he is the best character.
you are unbelievable bro ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Apr 30, 5:08 AM

Aug 2014
No. Saying that while I really enjoy MT.
Apr 30, 5:35 AM

May 2021
The poll and ur title isn't the same thing. He is a good character, but not one of the best
Apr 30, 6:09 AM
Nov 2019
_otaku_man00 said:
keinboesewicht said:

Realistically bad personality IS good character.
Bad personality -> this guy sucks
Good character -> make the story interesting
Apr 30, 6:21 AM
Jul 2021
No not at all. He’s a good character and has been written really well but best of all time? Hell nah. Plus the author has sacrificed a lot of what makes an anime great just to explore rudeus’ character for 30 episodes straight. The show has really taken a hit because of it imo
Apr 30, 6:36 AM
Mar 2024
well for rudeus i'd said yes, he have the pervert things in his mind like a normal person , and im sure the best character of all is still Oldeus
Apr 30, 7:50 AM
Jul 2023
There’s a difference between being a good person and being a good character
Apr 30, 9:12 AM
Dec 2023
He's not the best character, that's the whole point of the anime.
Every character is flawed and that's the beauty of it.
Apr 30, 9:26 AM
Jul 2023
simple answer: no.

long answer: he is good but not the best *ever*
Apr 30, 10:14 AM
Nov 2022
Rudeus has always been in my top 5 as far as characters go and he’s character doesn’t even peak yet in the anime, it’s getting there and the LN is straight ๐Ÿ”ฅ
Apr 30, 5:43 PM
Aug 2019
He’s a good character, no doubt about that. There are several moments when he and other characters convey - not just believable - but compelling feelings. That’s why you can justly say that the show has so much heart.

If only the world wasn’t crafted in a way to let Rudy fully embrace his worst instincts. That’s the one hiccup.
ghierMay 1, 2:24 PM
Apr 30, 6:06 PM
Nov 2016
Nah, Rudeus needs more panties and virgin bloodstained sheet in his museum of holy relics and once he does, he will 100% undeniably become the bestest character evah.
Apr 30, 6:16 PM

Jan 2013
Why the fuck would he be? He's more or less a functioning human being at this point, but that's about the extent of it.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 30, 6:31 PM

Mar 2017
he's written as a pos with some growth, I like it.
Apr 30, 11:12 PM
Sep 2021
unless you're on Twitter, then yes
May 1, 12:52 AM

Apr 2024
Rudy is surprisingly well-written. Mushoku Tensei features great character writing in general (and it is despite the language of the visual novels is worse than of a grade schooler) and Rudy is just one example. I wish there were more stories with this level of character writing.

Watching this thread is hilarious. There are really people out there who can't understand how well-written characters and well-behaved people are different things (like @_otaku_man00). But what is more hilarious, there are people who try to argue with such media illiterate viewers as if they were intellectually equal to them (like @Piromysl). Like, really, can't you see how their whining makes little to no sense? They keep embarrassing themselves before the whole forum and yet some people think as if something may appeal to their ignorance, incompetence and lack of shame. Nothing can. Don't waste your time on counter-productive discussions, watch Madoka Magica and Black Rock Shooter TV instead, it is a way better use for your time.
PostMahouShoujoMay 1, 12:57 AM
Blackโ˜…Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

โบ โบ โผ
May 1, 1:23 AM
Jun 2023
PostMahouShoujo said:
Rudy is surprisingly well-written. Mushoku Tensei features great character writing in general (and it is despite the language of the visual novels is worse than of a grade schooler) and Rudy is just one example. I wish there were more stories with this level of character writing.

Watching this thread is hilarious. There are really people out there who can't understand how well-written characters and well-behaved people are different things (like @_otaku_man00). But what is more hilarious, there are people who try to argue with such media illiterate viewers as if they were intellectually equal to them (like @Piromysl). Like, really, can't you see how their whining makes little to no sense? They keep embarrassing themselves before the whole forum and yet some people think as if something may appeal to their ignorance, incompetence and lack of shame. Nothing can. Don't waste your time on counter-productive discussions, watch Madoka Magica and Black Rock Shooter TV instead, it is a way better use for your time.

well written good character,then no ,,, well written shitty character then yess,,, i would consider Eran ,gabi as well written good character,, even if they are wrong at some places they are right at something,,,, they may be wrong from others perspective but from what he is gone through or what he is trying to do is right at some point,,,

but in case of Rudy i don't think I can support him as much as you guys are doing,, except Rudy i would consider others characters of mushoku as well written character,,,, i would consider Lelouch ( from code geass ) as well written good character but not rudy, because lelouch may be wrong and also did many mistakes but he is right too,,,

Rudy is well-written shitty character,,that's what I think,, he is also 40+ years old ,has new life , but didn't change at all ,, last 25+ epds was all about character development,,no story,, i don't even know what's going on ,, i think novel readers should stop talking to anime watchers ( me) ...if you are novel reader then please stop it,, he may be a better person in the future but now he is shit ....
May 1, 1:34 AM

Jan 2021
I believe rudeus is one of the worst character in the history of anime. He is one of the main reason that I hate MT.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 1, 2:36 AM

Jul 2015
Reply to _otaku_man00
PostMahouShoujo said:

well written good character,then no ,,, well written shitty character then yess,,, i would consider Eran ,gabi as well written good character,, even if they are wrong at some places they are right at something,,,, they may be wrong from others perspective but from what he is gone through or what he is trying to do is right at some point,,,

but in case of Rudy i don't think I can support him as much as you guys are doing,, except Rudy i would consider others characters of mushoku as well written character,,,, i would consider Lelouch ( from code geass ) as well written good character but not rudy, because lelouch may be wrong and also did many mistakes but he is right too,,,

Rudy is well-written shitty character,,that's what I think,, he is also 40+ years old ,has new life , but didn't change at all ,, last 25+ epds was all about character development,,no story,, i don't even know what's going on ,, i think novel readers should stop talking to anime watchers ( me) ...if you are novel reader then please stop it,, he may be a better person in the future but now he is shit ....
@_otaku_man00 If you seriously gonna say that "Rudy did not changed at all since reincarnating", then you are objectively wrong. Unless you were watching MT with monitor and speakers turned off, your statement is clear cause of confirmation bias and you're overall not worth even debating with. @PostMahouShoujo is correct on that one and you proved his point 100% I don't see the reason why I'm even wasting time to argue with people, whom clearly won't change their mind no matter how hard proven wrong with objective facts because they will just double down. I honestly thought that once Rudeus became less degenerate over the course of second season, we wouldn't have takes like this one, but I guess I was too naive and had too much faith in this community.

May 1, 5:57 AM

Nov 2019
Rud is def not a good char he has his negative characteristics plot wise.

As for whether he is one of the best written chars, I think he is definitely up there - his original character is written very convincingly with his NEET side.
The kid Rud definitely has some good writing behind him but not much substance beyond the average reincarnated adventure driven MC.
May 1, 8:48 AM

Jul 2015
ST63LTH said:
Rud is def not a good char he has his negative characteristics plot wise.

As for whether he is one of the best written chars, I think he is definitely up there - his original character is written very convincingly with his NEET side.
The kid Rud definitely has some good writing behind him but not much substance beyond the average reincarnated adventure driven MC.

Friendly reminder that good character is not the same as a good person.

May 1, 8:58 AM

Aug 2018
He's definitely in the top 1000 for sure.
May 1, 3:16 PM
Jan 2024
yea i agree with you if they delete all reincarnetion stuff but with this version he is worst character ever
May 1, 5:40 PM
Nov 2020
Like him or hate him but as a character rudeus is well written. Also he's never boring which is something I can't say about many protagonist
May 1, 5:47 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to _otaku_man00
PostMahouShoujo said:

@_otaku_man00 Ah yes a pervert is definitely worse than a genocidal maniac and racist killer... I'm not a novel reader BTW just a anime only. Also you do know that Good character ≠ good person?
May 1, 5:51 PM

Dec 2019
One of the most pathetic beta MC. Who collects panties like loser even after getting married.
May 2, 4:32 AM
Aug 2013
New looks but inside still disgusting fatass hate him:P
May 2, 4:59 AM
May 2021
best character? don't know.
most relatable? hell yeah!
May 2, 5:03 AM

Nov 2021
yet another delusional MT fan smh.
May 2, 5:39 PM

Nov 2023
Well Rudeus is a fun guy who has different tastes ofcourse. But I don't see him as a S tier character.
I might never be the hands you put your heart in
Or the arms that hold you any time you want them
But that don't mean that we can't live here in the moment
'Cause I can be the one you love from time to time
May 2, 11:18 PM
Sep 2023
_otaku_man00 said:

it's not about his behavior, it's about the way he is written. A realistic character with good character development. There's a difference between a likeable character and a good character.
May 4, 7:31 AM

Jan 2016
Im getting sick of Rudeus tbh, there's so many better characters in Mushoku Tensei. I get that him acting like a terrible person makes him more "realistic", but he still feels like a self insert character. The anime does not commit to portraying him realistically because he always has some overpowered ability and everyone just randomly likes him despite his shitty behavior. And the fact this dude is mentally 40 yet still acts like he is a teenager is just really annoying and cringe.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How many seasons are left?

x3z - May 12

35 by shaked6540 »»
12 minutes ago

» Would this season stretch out for too long if they covered everything?

Blazehot10 - 9 hours ago

7 by ExternalWorld »»
24 minutes ago

» Why do people defend Rudeus? ( 1 2 )

Leon888 - Yesterday

90 by peepmo »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 12

187 by justamegamind »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 28

161 by DoisacChopper »»
7 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.