Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 29, 8:32 AM
Mar 2016
This is a show full of mystery, and since its an original no one knows where the story is going. Any theories or predictions for what might happen in the future? I have a no official theories but just some thoughts/observations. The "archery" competition from this episode was obviously very strange, I wonder if its a hint to something or if its just a random joke. There's also a lot of mystery regarding why Youka went to Ikebukuro, and how she got caught in the photo for the news article. The last lingering mystery I can think of is what Zenjirou was about to tell Shizuru in the first episode right before she left. He started off saying "the most important thing for survival is-". My best guess was that he was going to say something along the lines of "You can't survive alone, you need friends to help you," which would fit well with the show since one of the main themes seems to be friendship.
Apr 29, 8:40 AM
May 2016
That is not true. We know where the story is going. To Ikebukuro. :D
Apr 29, 9:19 AM
Aug 2022
Even if it wasn’t anime original I don’t think I could even begin to predict what is coming in this show. This is by far the most random show I have ever watched in existence.

My prediction for next episode, talking trees, maybe a bit of dinosaurs, and who knows maybe Godzilla
Apr 29, 9:49 AM
Nov 2018
The show gives me vibes of hell being unleash on Earth, and Ikebukuro is the center of it. When they get to Youka, she won't be herself anymore. At the same time, it feels like she wants to found why they saw her in the newspaper. What is interesting is how no one is panicking or raiding. It's basically another day to them. This didn't happen too long ago. You figured people would be stressing out about the situation, or there would be martial law.
MoppitApr 29, 8:06 PM
Apr 29, 11:04 AM
Jul 2021
kadokawa did a wonderful job animating this anime as my praise is increasing daily
Apr 29, 2:29 PM
Dec 2020
My theory is that this entire show is one big metaphor to tell youth (and other people) that phones, social media, being chronically online and other digital aspects are rotting humanity's brains and happiness. With the solution being traveling, education, doing stuff with friends, going outside, eating healthy and enough food, etc.
Apr 29, 3:01 PM

May 2015
Reply to Infernalization
My theory is that this entire show is one big metaphor to tell youth (and other people) that phones, social media, being chronically online and other digital aspects are rotting humanity's brains and happiness. With the solution being traveling, education, doing stuff with friends, going outside, eating healthy and enough food, etc.
@Infernalization 100% this
Apr 30, 7:46 AM
Mar 2022
Infernalization said:

So you are saying online pirates should become IRL pirates?
Apr 30, 8:13 AM
Dec 2020
@AltN
If youth pirates stuff online then they should indeed go outside, but they shoulf not become an IRL pirate. Unless, they are roleplaying to be pirates.
InfernalizationApr 30, 8:17 AM
Apr 30, 8:27 AM
May 2023
ktg said:
That is not true. We know where the story is going. To Ikebukuro. :D

Also we have that really bad map. So we have SOME idea
Apr 30, 2:02 PM
Sep 2017
Infernalization said:

It makes sense...
May 2, 1:04 AM

Jun 2020
Reply to Infernalization
@Infernalization This seems pretty spot on

Story wise, it's kind of hard to predict anything for obvious reasons. I'm betting that Nadeshiko is going to be the protector of the group especially at the zombie stop mostly because she's the least fleshed-out girl and has been shown with a bow and arrow a few times.
May 2, 3:00 PM
Dec 2020
Dumb said:
@Infernalization This seems pretty spot on

Story wise, it's kind of hard to predict anything for obvious reasons. I'm betting that Nadeshiko is going to be the protector of the group especially at the zombie stop mostly because she's the least fleshed-out girl and has been shown with a bow and arrow a few times.

Based on the map, I assume there'll be a region:
- Where the people constantly fart. With the farts so extreme, people launch themselves like rockets;
- Where there are singing bears. Broadway Bear Edition incoming?;
- Where there are zombies;
- Where there are kappas;
- Where there are humanoid octopus people;
- Where there are gigantic people/creatures;
- Where the gravitational forces are so strong that everyone gets pulled down.
- Where it isn't known what'll happen (the empty cirkles)

And based on the map, I assume the people of Ikebukuro turned into mush/custard/slime in a cup.
May 3, 3:48 PM

Aug 2020
The youth theory mentioned is really accurate. Every episode can be looked as a metaphor for a part of growth.

May 8, 3:55 PM

Apr 2010
Why this show is so low rated compared to others (some garbage too like the new slime meetings season)? It makes me miss some good shows. I'm half through the first episode and I already love it lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 13

57 by matias067 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6

85 by Aletheia_xxx »»
May 15, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 29

76 by MasterHavik »»
May 11, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22

103 by Aletheia_xxx »»
May 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1

190 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 9, 6:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.