Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WIND BREAKER
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 28, 10:45 AM
Sep 2021
Man, I hate characters like him. I can't understand why creators add people with a character like him to manga. He doesn't add anything to the plot, he's useless and just whines all the time. Something like Zenitsu in DS, but he actually does something when he has to. He knows how to fight (and looks awesome while doing that) and thanks to that he helps others in need. Tell me what you are thinking about him. And can anyone tell me if Nirei will become more likable in the future?
Apr 28, 11:05 AM
Aug 2021
Agree with you, characters like him just decrease the overall enjoyment of the anime. It was specifically noticeable in ep 4 where all he did was whine.
Apr 28, 11:19 AM

Jun 2011
True, though I haven't read the manga, so don't know if he will have any development. So far he really reminds me of Deku and how he was at the beggining of the series. The show has just started, so maybe he will still have his chance to shine.
Apr 28, 11:27 AM

Mar 2018
What bothers me most about him, is that the writer clearly put him into the story to give an exposition dump every so often for the audience. He probably knows every charakter by name, their fighting styles, their relationships... heck, he probably even knows what everyone had for breakfast, if the author deems that to be neccessary information to the audience. I personally think it's a kind of lazy way to establish your setting and plot. The whining doesn't bother me as much in comparison.
Apr 28, 11:36 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to PoisonedSandwich
What bothers me most about him, is that the writer clearly put him into the story to give an exposition dump every so often for the audience. He probably knows every charakter by name, their fighting styles, their relationships... heck, he probably even knows what everyone had for breakfast, if the author deems that to be neccessary information to the audience. I personally think it's a kind of lazy way to establish your setting and plot. The whining doesn't bother me as much in comparison.
@PoisonedSandwich oh yeah, like some kind of narrator. New character shows up and he explains everything about him.
Apr 28, 12:23 PM
Dec 2022
I agree. Just seeing him is so tiring. As for whether he developed later in the series, he did a BIT but he is still pathetic even up to the current ch of the manga.
Apr 28, 12:25 PM

Jan 2013
You don't have to hear him in the manga, though.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Apr 28, 1:11 PM
Jul 2021
He reminds me of Takemichi, so my head canon is him being a reference. Only that.
Apr 28, 1:29 PM
Aug 2022
Then don't watch it. Hes comedy relief and it's not for you. It will only be an issue when his complaining influences the MCs actions which it doesn't so far.
Apr 28, 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
DayRivia said:
Then don't watch it. Hes comedy relief and it's not for you. It will only be an issue when his complaining influences the MCs actions which it doesn't so far.

yeah, you should probably stop telling people to not watch some shows. Just because we dont like one character doesn't mean we dont enjoy the show. It's litterally just criticism.
Apr 28, 3:38 PM
Sep 2021
Reply to DayRivia
@DayRivia i like the show i just dont like him, beside what part of him is comedy exactly?
Apr 29, 5:16 AM

Jan 2023
yeah the second I started watching more, he reminded me of Zenitsu. Easily the worst Demon Slayer character. Although this one doesn't seem as prominent as Zenitsu was
死人に口なし
Apr 29, 6:11 AM
Jul 2009
As someone who is caught up in the manga, I love Nirei. He's strong in his own way and doesn't run away no matter what. In the manga he learns how to fight from Suo and I'm so proud of him. HE TRIES SO HARD FROM THE FIRST EPISODE YOU MEET HIM, HOW DARE YOU
Apr 29, 8:25 PM

Sep 2021
Reply to PurpleTenshi
As someone who is caught up in the manga, I love Nirei. He's strong in his own way and doesn't run away no matter what. In the manga he learns how to fight from Suo and I'm so proud of him. HE TRIES SO HARD FROM THE FIRST EPISODE YOU MEET HIM, HOW DARE YOU
@PurpleTenshi Not a manga reader but I'm actually with you so far, he's my favourite character
Apr 29, 8:39 PM
Jul 2009
pwrppcwgrl_anime said:
@PurpleTenshi Not a manga reader but I'm actually with you so far, he's my favourite character

Yay! My favorite is Suo, but he's definitely in my top 5 ❤️
Apr 30, 11:45 AM
Jun 2023
I think characters like Nirei often serve as a source of wholesomeness and sort of that good-natured character. I think a very different but also kinda similar version of Nirei as a character where it was done *perfectly* is Armin in AOT. He was always weaker than the rest, kinda more ‘wimpy’ but he eventually became amazing and served his own massive purpose throughout the show. Not a manga reader so cant speak for Nirei but from the comments above it sounds like he has his own character arc and develops into an important and strong character in the show.

Can’t say I love Nirei as a character now in the show and I get your annoyance but I’d say don’t get so hung up on it, focus on the other characters. Plus there had to be one of them, not every character in the show can be a super hard as hell I want to fight everyone like character similar to how Zenitsu fits into DS.
Apr 30, 2:25 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to PurpleTenshi
@PurpleTenshi "He's strong in his own way and doesn't run away no matter what." That's such a nothing-burger, the lamest excuse one can make to justify an existence of a character, literally a pat on the shoulder for being practically useless.
He serves as an exposition dump and a comic relief at the same time, it's nothing new in anime, but we all get it, someone has to take that role. It's also understandable that because of his role he's supposed to be kinda weak, we also get that. BUT... for the god's sake tell me, do such characters always have to be soo loud and obnoxious at everything they do? Isn't there other ways to make him funny? This - "I'm being the loudest in the room" - trope is just lazy, we've seen that multiple times already and it's always annoying.
Apr 30, 2:53 PM
Jul 2009
Eldoku said:
@PurpleTenshi "He's strong in his own way and doesn't run away no matter what." That's such a nothing-burger, the lamest excuse one can make to justify an existence of a character, literally a pat on the shoulder for being practically useless.
He serves as an exposition dump and a comic relief at the same time, it's nothing new in anime, but we all get it, someone has to take that role. It's also understandable that because of his role he's supposed to be kinda weak, we also get that. BUT... for the god's sake tell me, do such characters always have to be soo loud and obnoxious at everything they do? Isn't there other ways to make him funny? This - "I'm being the loudest in the room" - trope is just lazy, we've seen that multiple times already and it's always annoying.

Let me know if you can do any better. Ha
May 1, 6:20 AM
Apr 2020
Reply to PurpleTenshi
Eldoku said:

Let me know if you can do any better. Ha
@PurpleTenshi sure, then you also let me know when you grow up enough to make an argument.
May 2, 5:36 PM
Aug 2023
I knew Takemichi was going to catch a stray somehow, someway. RN he ain’t like Takemichi, Takemichi at least was going to try and throw hands even though he couldn’t. Put some respect on Takemichi’s name.

Nirei is afraid of his own shadow. But manga readers do say he gets better, so we will see.
May 8, 6:53 AM
May 2021
"He doesn't add anything to the plot"

What plot? LMAOOOOOO
May 12, 6:37 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to DatGuyRedux
@DayRivia i like the show i just dont like him, beside what part of him is comedy exactly?
@DatGuyRedux He is used as comic relief. I can't remember every example but in the recent episode when the fight is over and it cuts to him as stone. Things like that a funny (for anime)
He is also the fanboy trope which is always a good time.
And throw is the scaredy cat trope.

He may not fit your humor but he is definitely comic relief.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

99 by Ugly11 »»
1 hour ago

» Shounen-Ai?

mechian - Apr 4

9 by RobertBobert »»
May 11, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 2

94 by FMmatron »»
May 11, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

213 by Ishiryoku »»
May 11, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Wind Breaker Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25

73 by Magicmist »»
May 9, 9:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.