Forum Settings
Forums

What would you choose: Good voice acting with bad translations or Bad voice acting with good translations?

New
Apr 27, 11:02 AM
Apr 2022
If you had only these 2 options, which one would you choose and why?

1) Good voice acting with bad translations.
2) Bad voice acting with good translations.

Would you sacrifice a good translation for good voice acting or would you sacrifice good voice acting for a good translation? For me, I would sacrifice a good translation for good voice acting easily.
Apr 27, 11:04 AM

Feb 2020
Good voice acting with bad translations sounds better.

SerafosApr 27, 11:10 AM
Apr 27, 11:08 AM

Sep 2016
Good voice acting, don't care that much about translations, unless it's one of those abysmal AI translations, but they are rare.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 27, 11:11 AM

Apr 2018
Good voice acting with bad translations, unless it's so bad it's practically useless. If it's bad voice acting in a drama for instance, if they are badly conveying emotion through their acting, it would damage the quality greatly.
Apr 27, 11:12 AM

Jul 2021
Good voice acting with bad translations, absolutely.

Even if the lines are beautifully written, if the character doesn't sound like they're into it, I won't be able to get into it either.

(By the way, are you talking about translations in dubbed lines or subtitles? I feel like that would matter quite a bit)
Apr 27, 11:17 AM

Jan 2022
I don't think I care much about japanese voice acting so imma go with bad voice acting and good translations
Unless your post is in relation to dubbed anime, in which case I think people who watch dubbed are inferior to me and i refuse to acknowledge their existence.
Apr 27, 11:33 AM

Oct 2017
I'd much rather have good voice acting with bad translations, since I have seen some anime like the Gen 1 Beyblade where the voice acting is so bad it can sometimes take you out of the show entirely
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 27, 11:35 AM

Apr 2012
Good voice acting. Bad translations are annoying, but generally not too hard to work around.
Apr 27, 1:07 PM

May 2019
Bad translations can always be fixed, bad voice can never or is rarely fixed or redubbed.
Apr 27, 1:51 PM

Oct 2010
bad voice acting makes anime unwatchable whereas you can always close the subs and follow the show
Apr 29, 3:27 PM

Jul 2017
Bad translations are an inconvenience but bad voice acting genuinely ruins the complete show for me, so I would prefer good voice acting with bad translations. Plus, if there are people dedicated to the cause and official translations or fan subs suck, there might always be a group willing to fix that easily compared to just redubbing everything.
Apr 29, 3:42 PM

Apr 2024
I'd rather watch raws than either of those terrible choices.
Apr 29, 6:47 PM

Jul 2013
Implying anyone actually cares about the plots of anime.

More topics from this board

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 7

82 by Chuckiemuffin »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you have ridiculously long ptw list? ( 1 2 )

Cammell - Yesterday

90 by Chuckiemuffin »»
17 minutes ago

» 1 trick pony, but it's actually peak!

APolygons2 - 30 minutes ago

0 by APolygons2 »»
30 minutes ago

» favorite anime under 50 episodes?

RedTea33 - 3 hours ago

12 by TRC_Randy »»
58 minutes ago

» Woke Companies Force Japanese Sites to Censor Anime and Manga Content or Shutdown

rohan121 - 3 hours ago

20 by Hikinekomori »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.