Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2010 12:05 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Unexpectedly good episode. I was kind of surprised that Hotsuma had trouble controlling his abilities like Yuki. It went a little emo, but it made sense, and I liked it. Shusei disappearing was weird, though.
Jun 6, 2010 2:32 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it, although is so different from the manga, but still it was good.
Im glad they introduced Shiori (Hotsuma´s classmate), but they made her relationship with Hotsuma inexistent, which is different from the manga.
Anyway, still a good episode.
Shuuuuuseiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, dont go T.T
im so sad Shuusei´s gone, does that means we wont have more Mamoru Miyano there? T.T

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 6, 2010 3:18 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2010 4:15 PM

Jul 2008
Damn it! That stupid sad music.
IT BRINGS TEARS INTO MY EYES.
(>_<)
Jun 6, 2010 5:04 PM

Feb 2009
I didn't read the manga, but I definitely see a love-triangle going on. Shusei loves Hotsuma, Hotsuma loves Yuki, and Yuki...enjoys Luka's always-there presence. How he doesn't find that weird sometimes is beyond me, ha.

Super cute episode, I wish there was more open yaoi though.

Jun 6, 2010 5:06 PM

Aug 2008
He doesn't find it weird because he loves Kanata too. Yuki's a cock-tease that pretends he isn't doing anything wrong...just being nice, good person. I don't appreciate that in female characters, and in an empathic boy it's even worse.
Jun 6, 2010 6:21 PM

Nov 2007
DarcyD said:
I didn't read the manga, but I definitely see a love-triangle going on. Shusei loves Hotsuma, Hotsuma loves Yuki, and Yuki...enjoys Luka's always-there presence.

I loled at what you wrote for Yuki part for some reason.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2010 7:11 PM
Jun 7, 2010 5:09 AM

Mar 2010
This episode was one of the best so far..Full of emotions that bring tears to your eyes.And the music was absolutely perfect in every single scene.
I really hope Shusei returns..I don't read the manga so i don't know. But it's just not right to disappear in the middle of everything just because he thinks he is not the "one" for Hotsuma.Anyway, this series is getting more and more fascinating..I hope it never ends..
Jun 7, 2010 6:28 AM

Oct 2007
This episode is very good and very emotions to me, I even cried. I hope Shusei come back next episode, if not well my heart will bleed forever.
Angel_-_Lily said:
(>_<)

Aww Same here.
@ MAL Claim an Anime Character v.2
Jun 7, 2010 12:52 PM
Aug 2007
May I say that I hate the oh-I'm-so-nice-don't-ya-think Yuki-chan after this episode.
Jun 7, 2010 7:15 PM

Feb 2010
I liked But hated This episode
I had really Started liking Shuusei and then just like that he's Gone!
I felt the Love triangle going one and I didn't Like it one Bit >:0
It made me feel like No matter how much i like Yuki He was Being a "Hoe".
I would have loved To see more About Hotsuma and Shuusei relationship.
I couldn't Believe That Hotsuma's "Scars" can be Healed But Shuusei Is stuck with his.>:0
I Didn't like This episode becuase It made me cry. :(
Love HRK
Jun 8, 2010 6:09 AM
Dec 2009
Aw man, such a depressing episode. And Shuusei's probably my favorite character!
Though I was pretty glad he got some more lines this time around. One of the strong-points of this Anime is the voice-acting (except maybe Yuki) and Mamoru Miyano is always amazing. You can tell a lot about Shuusei just from how he speaks not what he says.
Heh, Im pretty sure Takahiro Sakurai's voice acting was the main reason I started watching this show (In the first few seconds of the first episode I was like: ZOMG IT's CLOUD STRIFE!), he suits Luka's bishonen style of emo brooding.
Anyway... sad, sad, angsty episode. And a whole lot more unsubtle foreshadowing. <3
Jun 8, 2010 2:15 PM
Jun 2010
This anime is getting wierd

now people disappear like in Angel Beats ? lol

I hope we get to see some action in ep 10

Jun 9, 2010 5:19 AM

Jun 2009
supersayen said:
This anime is getting wierd

now people disappear like in Angel Beats ? lol

I hope we get to see some action in ep 10

How is this similar to Angel Beats?

Anyways...Love this episode! A lot of Hotsuma in it with Yuki and Shusei. A really cute episode:D

Wonder why Shusei dissapear??

DarcyD said:
I didn't read the manga, but I definitely see a love-triangle going on. Shusei loves Hotsuma, Hotsuma loves Yuki, and Yuki...enjoys Luka's always-there presence. How he doesn't find that weird sometimes is beyond me, ha.

Super cute episode, I wish there was more open yaoi though.

I lol it at Yuki part. I didn't notice that Hotsuma likes Yuki, I thought Hotsuma loves Shusei though...well whatever..love the love traingle:D

Jun 9, 2010 5:26 AM

Feb 2009
Drew-chan said:
and Mamoru Miyano is always amazing. You can tell a lot about Shuusei just from how he speaks not what he says.

<33 This indeed.

And it reminded me of Angel Beats too. Though, I did read the manga (or more like saw the manga, because it was in chinese) so I should know what's going to happen. However, the anime is not exactly alike, so... I don't know.

Anyway, all I can say about this ep:
Jun 9, 2010 7:20 AM

Apr 2010
Angel_-_Lily said:
(>_<)

Yes, I also almost cries myself... And it was really said... I d;n't know who I should have more mercy on...

I wodner where Shuusei went (If he reallt WENT)... and why.

Jun 9, 2010 6:05 PM

Mar 2010
I think Shusei disappeared because his handkerchief was burnt. It was weird though how he just disappeared. How he was speaking, it was like he felt it and wanted to disappear. I wonder if he was just transported somewhere, but it didn't feel like it.
Jun 10, 2010 12:03 AM

Dec 2009
mollymarie said:
I think Shusei disappeared because his handkerchief was burnt. It was weird though how he just disappeared. How he was speaking, it was like he felt it and wanted to disappear. I wonder if he was just transported somewhere, but it didn't feel like it.

Shusei seemed almost suicidal.... It was such a dark episode... I wonder if they'll find him alive...
...If he was dead, that could be why Tsukumo could't sense his presence....
Jun 10, 2010 4:57 AM

Sep 2008
mollymarie said:

It was what I thought.

Well, let's get started:

We can see in this episode Ashley, the girl in House of Divination, who is one of the followers of Reiga, so it is natural she has some kind of powers. In this episode we can hear about high school males disappearing. The only thing I can assume is that the reason are the girls in love with them.

I am sure almost all heard of some superstitions when if you want to have the guy you love you need to burn his hair or something of his possession. The girl in Yuki and Hotsuma's class is clearly in love with Hotsuma. She found the handkerchief and thought it was Hotsuma's. And burned it after going to the House of Divination. After that we can see Shuusei disappearing. Maybe the owner of the hair or possession (handkerchief) will get transported to where that owner of shop is. She has powers so she could make it impossible to track him, sense his presence. And we know that the owner of the handkerchief is Shuusei and not Hotsuma that's why it was Shuusei who suddenly disappeared. And we can see some kind of small flames (?) where Shuusei was standing. ^^

ilikeyouevenmore said:
I wonder if they'll find him alive...

He is alive. We can see him briefly in the preview to the next episode. So at least now he is not dead.

Overall it was a great episode and I am waiting for the next. I hope we can see more of Shuusei :)

Sorry for my English, guys.. Is is not my first language.. So please forgive me.
Jun 10, 2010 10:36 AM

Dec 2009
-AyumiFey- said:
I am sure almost all heard of some superstitions when if you want to have the guy you love you need to burn his hair or something of his possession. The girl in Yuki and Hotsuma's class is clearly in love with Hotsuma. She found the handkerchief and thought it was Hotsuma's. And burned it after going to the House of Divination. After that we can see Shuusei disappearing. Maybe the owner of the hair or possession (handkerchief) will get transported to where that owner of shop is. She has powers so she could make it impossible to track him, sense his presence. And we know that the owner of the handkerchief is Shuusei and not Hotsuma that's why it was Shuusei who suddenly disappeared. And we can see some kind of small flames (?) where Shuusei was standing. ^^
That's interesting... and it kinda makes sense :D

-AyumiFey- said:
ilikeyouevenmore said:
I wonder if they'll find him alive...

He is alive. We can see him briefly in the preview to the next episode. So at least now he is not dead.
Haha, I can hardly make sense of the previews. All that random chatter is too distracting for me :)

(...and your English seems really good to me!)
Jun 10, 2010 5:18 PM

Aug 2009
I can't say anything because I read the manga, so I know what is going to happen next.
All I have to say is that this is my fav episode so far. I was really delighted that they included that scene with HotsuShuu talking sitting at the window, is my fav scene of volume 03 <3
I also loved how the feelings between HotsuShuu are so clear and direct, it's almost yaoi.
I must disagreed with what was said about Hotsu/Yuki, I don't think Hotsuma have special feelings for him, his desperation in lose Shuusei was so strong!
In my point of view Hotsuma loves Shuusei as much as he is loved by him. But maybe I think this because I read the manga, so their feelings are much more clear to me than to who only watch the anime? Maybe.
Anyway, can't wait for episode 10. :)
Jun 12, 2010 1:03 PM

Jan 2010
daniyagami said:
I can't say anything because I read the manga, so I know what is going to happen next.
All I have to say is that this is my fav episode so far. I was really delighted that they included that scene with HotsuShuu talking sitting at the window, is my fav scene of volume 03 <3
I also loved how the feelings between HotsuShuu are so clear and direct, it's almost yaoi.
I must disagreed with what was said about Hotsu/Yuki, I don't think Hotsuma have special feelings for him, his desperation in lose Shuusei was so strong!
In my point of view Hotsuma loves Shuusei as much as he is loved by him. But maybe I think this because I read the manga, so their feelings are much more clear to me than to who only watch the anime? Maybe.
Anyway, can't wait for episode 10. :)

I am the same here, except the fact that I don't see their actions as yaoi (I'm a yaoi fangirl too), but like really good friends.
And even though I know what is going to happen I can't wait to see the next ep >.<
Shuseeeei!!
Jun 12, 2010 7:27 PM

Aug 2009
This story is shounen-ai, you know.
Jun 13, 2010 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
this is not shounen ai.. let me tell you guys the right definition of shounen ai.

shounen-ai: both guy having a love relationship.the graphic doesnt show sexual stuff and most of it only have a kiss.. that's all. and they admit that they are lovers..

This anime is shoujo with slash..
slash is kinda like fanservice where the creators are trying to make like this is BL but this is really not..

i mean, yeah,.. hotsuma and shuusei said all those things but has he ever said, i love you or something.. and if you;re saying the dialogue yuki said to kanata in his dream "i Love you" well, that's where the translators go wrong.. he said "daisuki " in japanese.. which should be translated as just i like you..

what am i doing? explaining again.. >.<"
Jun 13, 2010 12:28 PM

Aug 2009
Maybe you should try to explain to all places, like Manga Updates, as example, that list the manga as shounen-ai.
Maybe you should try to explain this to the manga author, too.
Jun 15, 2010 1:47 PM

May 2008
Dark episode, just as it should be, I liked it very much. But I wonder where have Shuusei disappeared~
Btw, this isn't shounen-ai, maybe a light BL but it's absolutely not shounen-ai.~
Jun 17, 2010 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
thank you sayami.. and i've "explained" to mangaupdates.. it's so easy to change the genre there.. i just have to submit a sentence and then change it.. <_<
Jun 22, 2010 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
sayami said:
Btw, this isn't shounen-ai, maybe a light BL but it's absolutely not shounen-ai.~

Uh.. BL = boy's love = shounen ai. LOL

That said, this show is to shounen ai as MariMite is to shoujo ai.
removed-userJun 22, 2010 12:52 PM
Jul 1, 2010 7:23 AM

Apr 2009
Heh, and I even guessed that the reason Yuki can't heal some scars is because they're caused by friends 8D Does that make me psychic yet?
...No?

Wow. HOTsuma fried some bullies as a kid? o.o AND his bro. Niiice. Justified angst is justified. I feel bad for him .__.
Wth? Shusei? What kind of crap is this?
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 13, 2010 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
Orulyon said:

im so sad Shuusei´s gone, does that means we wont have more Mamoru Miyano there? T.T

That's exactly what I thought! Damn, I love his voice! And I really like Shuusei's character.
Anywayz... this was one of the best episodes until now! I really enjoyed it to the fullest, had some great moments! Made me remember why I liked UraBoku from the start.
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Aug 2, 2010 12:31 PM

Mar 2010
I like that saying "everyone has injuries that cannot be healed" Hotsuma needs to learn

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 20, 2011 7:13 PM
Dec 2010
I wish i had a Luka...someone to just ask me if im okay all time...i sneeze...are you ok?
just the slightest sigh results in obsessive care..awesome
Apr 16, 2011 12:30 AM

May 2010
awwwwww young Hotsuma was really cute :3..this episode made me cry T.T
Apr 11, 2012 7:34 AM

Jun 2010
clalala said:
I wish i had a Luka...someone to just ask me if im okay all time...i sneeze...are you ok?
just the slightest sigh results in obsessive care..awesome

I really lol'd at this :D
Aug 7, 2012 8:56 PM

Jul 2011
It's... bromance? Intense bromance. I mean, Yuki gets hugged more by the girl than his supposed lover even touches him. Though of course there are -those kind- of (awesome) stares, but really. :P

I interpret shounen-ai as "romance" but with two guys (and no sex). I don't really see "romance" in this anime. Though there may be a tiny bit (I still think it's bromance), it's hardly there.

Shusei. </3
MirorinAug 7, 2012 9:02 PM
Aug 6, 2013 3:37 AM

Jan 2008
Poor Shusei I hope he isnt gone for good. I hope this continues to be good but i wish that there was more shounen ai moments like seriously why is the tag there if there hasnt been any really yet stares n stuff like that so dont count.
Dec 30, 2015 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
My poor Shushu can't dissapear like this.
I demand him back.
Feb 1, 2022 9:30 AM

Mar 2017
typical of me to like the side pairing more than the main one, their chemistry is real

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 5 Discussion

SephiriAzure - May 9, 2010

47 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 4 Discussion

The_Punisher - May 2, 2010

37 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 17, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Apr 9, 2010

79 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 1:55 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.