Forum Settings
Forums

Why don't anime boys with girly names fight back?

New
Mar 27, 2:50 PM

Oct 2010
There are so many guys in anime named Koyomi or Ichika or Haruka and people make fun of their girly names, they should fight back, as in get in their robots and kill'em all, making fun of girly names is unacceptable.

Mar 27, 3:57 PM

Jan 2022
Do you have a girly name, Catalano-san?
Mar 27, 4:50 PM

Nov 2019
You already created this exact same thread for that particular character a long time ago. You're online everyday, so why repeating yourself?
SgtBateManMar 27, 5:53 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 27, 5:06 PM

Sep 2020
My guess is that is the writers way of showing their “femininity” compared to the other male characters. Particularly in older series, because it was considered “unladylike” for female characters to fight back.
Mar 27, 7:14 PM

Jun 2017
Reply to LenRea
LenRea said:

Exactly what I thought. And my guess is "Catalino".

Mar 27, 10:10 PM

Jul 2017
Maybe those guy characters secretly love it when others make fun of their girly names. That would explain why they never bother to change their names or get in the robot.
Mar 28, 1:25 AM

Mar 2023
Well it's probably a reason why their parents gave them a girly name in the first place. They did not exept that much from them.
Mar 28, 1:48 AM

Nov 2017
If I had a girly name, I wouldn't feel bad because someone made fun of my name. I would love my name and wouldn'T take other people's jokes seriously.
Mar 28, 2:16 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Simple coz given name can affect the targeted person so no wonder if they become coward as they grow like this one 苺 Ichigo which it means strawberry from japan which even can give impact towards his attitude turned into hopeless one like this LMAOOO

Mar 28, 4:30 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to kusairo
Maybe those guy characters secretly love it when others make fun of their girly names. That would explain why they never bother to change their names or get in the robot.
@kusairo out of curiosity, for what reason would they secretly love it for?
Mar 28, 4:50 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Tirinchas
LenRea said:

Exactly what I thought. And my guess is "Catalino".

@Tirinchas he's romanian and fed on blood, so the given name must be something else. Dragavantiva for example.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Mar 28, 6:39 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Because japanese men are cucked by their society. They are taught not to fight back when they're bullied at school, because doing so could result in getting kicked out from their school. It's real shit, go read up about it. Schools in Japan want to preserve their image at all cost, so if someone reports they're being bullied, it will all get swept under the rug. In some cases, the bullied person will get kicked out in order to silence the situation. And parents are also afraid of stepping out, since bad rumours about their kids could affect the reputation of their workplace, thus leading to them losing their job. Japan is a horrible country to live in, and anime watchers are being fed idealistic lies about what life in Japan really is like.
Mar 28, 7:10 AM

Oct 2021
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
Because japanese men are cucked by their society. They are taught not to fight back when they're bullied at school, because doing so could result in getting kicked out from their school. It's real shit, go read up about it. Schools in Japan want to preserve their image at all cost, so if someone reports they're being bullied, it will all get swept under the rug. In some cases, the bullied person will get kicked out in order to silence the situation. And parents are also afraid of stepping out, since bad rumours about their kids could affect the reputation of their workplace, thus leading to them losing their job. Japan is a horrible country to live in, and anime watchers are being fed idealistic lies about what life in Japan really is like.
@BigBoyAdvance

So you are telling me that japan is not full of samurai running with katanas on the streets?
Mar 28, 12:35 PM

Jul 2017
Reply to Cazqui-09
@kusairo out of curiosity, for what reason would they secretly love it for?
@Cazqui-09 lol I was just joking when I made that comment 👌

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 29 minutes ago

3 by TsutanaiFuun »»
7 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

53 by TsutanaiFuun »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
22 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Maou_heika »»
37 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

74 by Kruszer »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.