Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Sasaki to Pii-chan' Announced

New
Mar 24, 12:00 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Sasaki to Pii-chan (Sasaki and Peeps) special stage at the Kadokawa Live Station at AnimeJapan 2024 announced a second season on Sunday. Original illustrator Kantoku drew an illustration to commemorate the announcement (pictured).

The first season, produced by Silver Link., premiered with an hour-long special on January 5, and ended with 12 episodes on Friday. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime with subtitles and later streamed an English dub.

The anime series adapts Buncololi's comedy fantasy light novel, which they began penning on the Kakuyomu website in December 2018. Kadokawa began printing the series under its MF Bunko J label in January 2021, featuring illustrations by Kantoku (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.). The seventh volume shipped on January 25.

Shounen Ace Plus began serializing a manga adaptation by Oshou Pureji in January 2021. Kadokawa published the third volume in August 2023.

Yen Press licensed both the light novel and manga in English and released the sixth novel volume on March 19. The second manga volume went on sale in May 2023.

Announcement PV

Official site: https://sasapi-anime.com/
Official X (Twitter): @sasaki_pichan

Source: Press Release

Sasaki to Pii-chan Season 2 on MAL

Mar 24, 12:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Season 1 was a convoluted pile of mess but had entertaining bits throughout. I wonder if the latter will hold up in S2, though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 24, 12:15 AM

Apr 2012
Ahaha, as espected. So, given that they already had a full set of content for the trailer, the leaks about the split cours were confirmed?
Mar 24, 12:28 AM

Apr 2014
The plot was like merging two plots into one show, but I can't wait to see what will happen next, especially with the girls around Sasaki.
Mar 24, 12:29 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I really need to finish my last two and see if this is worth the add...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 24, 12:36 AM

Jan 2023
Very good news, I liked the show and considering the cliffhanger(s) at the end of the first season I'm excited to see what's going to happen :)
Mar 24, 12:42 AM

Oct 2017
One of the few animes I skipped this season but will prolly binge this before s2 drops.
Mar 24, 1:47 AM

May 2021
The first season begun as an 8/10 and became 5/10 mess , an utter disappointment . And I don't know who should I blame , the studio or source material ..... It really sad to see that this gets a season 2 as soon as s1 finishes and other light years better anime of the same genre never get a second season or they get it after years of waiting . Hopefully s2 will improve the mess that s1 left...
Mar 24, 2:06 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
Ahaha, as espected. So, given that they already had a full set of content for the trailer, the leaks about the split cours were confirmed?
@RobertBobert This not a cour but a second season .Different things
Mar 24, 3:16 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert This not a cour but a second season .Different things
@Yubisoft If the second season will be broadcast in the same year, it will be only formally.
Mar 24, 3:20 AM

May 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
@Yubisoft If the second season will be broadcast in the same year, it will be only formally.
@RobertBobert Sasaki to Pii-chan is not Frieren: Beyond Journey's End . Same assets with some new ones will be used , it's a simple anime . Also the anime and Hollywood productions don't always begin when they are announced .
Mar 24, 3:36 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Yubisoft
@RobertBobert Sasaki to Pii-chan is not Frieren: Beyond Journey's End . Same assets with some new ones will be used , it's a simple anime . Also the anime and Hollywood productions don't always begin when they are announced .
@Yubisoft Dude, this is not so personal. It’s just that even before the premiere there were rumors that it would be a split cour. If there really is a short pause between them, then this is just a formality. What many people here have said more than once in the context of other shows.
Mar 24, 4:19 AM

Dec 2010
Yubisoft said:
And I don't know who should I blame , the studio or source material

The studio or investors or whoever decided to utterly censor and butcher the story. The author is known for his dirty and ridiculous storylines. Like 99% of that was absent from the anime. His JC neighbor for example was supposed to be a batshit insane yandere that wants to get dicked down by the MC and then commit lovers suicide.
Mar 24, 4:24 AM

May 2021
Reply to DarkDooM2
Yubisoft said:
And I don't know who should I blame , the studio or source material

The studio or investors or whoever decided to utterly censor and butcher the story. The author is known for his dirty and ridiculous storylines. Like 99% of that was absent from the anime. His JC neighbor for example was supposed to be a batshit insane yandere that wants to get dicked down by the MC and then commit lovers suicide.
@DarkDooM2 I see . I will continue reading the source material because I put it on hold because of the anime . I didn't expect that kind of crap from SILVER LINK. Thank you for the info!
Mar 24, 8:14 AM
Sep 2014
Kinda wish they used the original crazy story and not this weird thing that uses way to many things at once. Like why have another world + like a sage type character then Psychics in the real world + magical girls + a weird neighbour + a demon... It's just way to much in this calmed down story.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.