Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

New
Mar 18, 8:59 AM
News Team
Aug 2019
Entertainment company Hakuhodo DY Music & Pictures opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Nozomi Ginyoku and Tarou Shinonome's S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu (I'm a Behemoth, an S-Ranked Monster, but Mistaken for a Cat, I Live as an Elf Girl's Pet) manga on Monday, revealing the main cast and a teaser visual (pictured).

Cast
Tama: Tasuku Hatanaka (Boku no Hero Academia)
Tama (Cat): Riho Sugiyama (86)
Aria: Hinaki Yano (Wonder Egg Priority)

Ginyoku began writing the comedy fantasy story on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in August 2017. Micro Magazine acquired the novel and published the first volume in March 2018, featuring illustrations by Mitsuki Yano. The second volume was released in October 2018. The series has a cumulative total of over 1.15 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Shinonome began drawing the manga adaptation in Hakusensha's Young Animal Arashi in March 2018. The manga was later transferred to the Young Animal magazine in July 2018. Hakusensha released the 10th volume in October 2023, with the 11th volume scheduled to be released on March 29.

Yen Press licensed both the manga and light novel in English in July 2019. The second light novel volume went on sale in November 2020. The eighth manga volume shipped on January 23, with the ninth volume scheduled for a May 21 release.

Synopsis
A proud knight, slain in battle, finds himself alive once more-reincarnated in the body of a fearsome behemoth. As if he wasn't confused enough by this turn of events, apparently behemoth cubs look exactly like adorable kittens?! Even if the rest of the world sees him as soft and cuddly, he has the honor of a noble warrior and the strength of an unstoppable S-ranked monster, both of which will be put to the test as he fights to protect the beautiful elf who has taken him as her pet! (Source: Yen Press)

Official site: https://behemoth-anime.com/

Source: PR Times

S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu on MAL
Hyperion_PSMar 18, 1:21 PM
Mar 18, 9:17 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Oh dear, it's gonna be bouncing boobies all over the place. And a "cat" walking with them.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Mar 18, 11:01 AM
Apr 2013
I'll be honest, it feels kinda suspicious. It could still be ok maybe but uh.

Also they really REALLY are trying to push yano hinaki eh?
Mar 18, 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to CocoaGalaxy
I'll be honest, it feels kinda suspicious. It could still be ok maybe but uh.

Also they really REALLY are trying to push yano hinaki eh?
Is there such a huge trend now for fantasy animals? Or has the need for new anime become so widespread that even the rarest moe are being used?

@CocoaGalaxy In what sense? Giving roles in "regular anime" is quite a common practice for those who started their careers as anime idols. Another thing is that it often takes many years even for stars like Aimi.
Mar 18, 12:08 PM
Nov 2019
Waiting for EcchiGodMamster to see this.
Ecchi year lets goo

Mar 18, 12:19 PM

Aug 2016
Oh man, I remember reading this back in 2019. Since the translations for the manga were slow, I had to put it on hold, but perhaps now is the right time to pick it up again. Either way, I am extremely excited to watch this when it releases.
"A world of shadow. A night with the moon hidden... Truly a fitting world for us."
Mar 18, 12:26 PM

Nov 2008
This wouldn't be so bad if the kitten actually looked like a werekitten (you know for furries), something tells me this is going go the bestial route. Please tell me this behemoth at least starts looking like a werebeast eventually before sex occurs.

Mar 18, 12:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
EEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

BLESS 2024!!!!

Kobac99 said:
Waiting for EcchiGodMamster to see this.
Ecchi year lets goo

you already know bruh.... YOU ALREADY KNOW!!
Mar 18, 1:17 PM

Feb 2023
Synopsis
A Behemoth Meets an Elite Order! After saving Gladstone and dispatching the belligerent monsters in the Underground Labyrinth, Aria and her friends have cemented themselves as heroes. The weary crew has no time for a catnap, though. Upon their return from the labyrinth, the party is surprised with a summons from the Emperor of Aushura himself! But his invite isn't for a simple reception—it's a request to work with the empire and a band of legendary heroes to take down their most dangerous enemies yet: the Four Demon Beasts! (Source: Yen Press)

Hopefully, we can replace the synopsis soon, because it's from manga volume 8 and probably doesn't match what will happen in the anime. The one from the official website or from the first manga volume for example would be more accurate.

(Edit: Thanks to whoever switched it to the synoposis for lightnovel vol. 1 đź‘Ť Personally, I think it's not as good as the manga synopsis or the one I submitted, but it's definitely good enough)
VaturnaMar 18, 3:44 PM
Mar 18, 3:48 PM
Nov 2021
I was gonna read this eventually, i guess i won't need to now.

I'm still surprised "Reincarnated as a dragon egg" isn't anime yet, i have fun reading it.
Mar 18, 3:48 PM

May 2019
Oh yea the shane dawson manga i read a bit of a while back out of morbid curiosity. Wild.
Mar 19, 8:16 AM
Mar 2019
Manga? It's originally serialized a LN series, no?
Mar 19, 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
Well.. at least I get to see Aria animated... Other than that I kinda don't care for this. Read the first volume of it and wasn't all that impressive.

Mar 19, 9:53 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to afzal108
Manga? It's originally serialized a LN series, no?
@afzal108 yup 2 volumes on hiatus at the moment so either it's a full adaptation of the LN or they decided to adapt the manga(which would be a first for LN og material) would have to wait more info for confirmation.
Mar 19, 10:53 AM

Aug 2010
This is one of the (many) series that has so much potential, but the ecchi elements drag it down hard.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 23, 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
Titties and Kitties the anime
Mar 24, 12:14 AM

Oct 2017
Damn he can bounce on those whenever he wants.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by Catalano »»
2 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
6 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
12 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.