Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 8, 5:23 PM

Oct 2019
I've just started watching this show, I'm up to ep3 and enjoying it so far, but the constant fan service is starting to irritate me (I'm talking about all the boob shots, ass shots, pan ups of women's bodies, shots looking up skirts, etc.). There wasn't much of that in ep1, then it gradually got worse, and I feel like half the shots involving women in ep3 were like that.

Does the show eventually calm down with that? Should I keep watching, or is it going to get worse?
Mar 8, 5:36 PM
Jun 2023
the show will be like that for some episodes but if you continue you will get the real taste of it(not fan service).
Mar 8, 5:39 PM
May 2023
I too disliked it at first but it gets progressively less . Btw then it would be best for you to skip episode 7( the swim episode ) since it's just fan service and nothing of notice happened. Don't worry brotha , the show does not rely on fanservice . its only noticable in S1.
Mar 8, 5:39 PM
Nov 2022
What? This show has fanservice?

If it does then i would like to imagine that your “brain” is the fanservice here. Because i literally don’t recall any of this.
Mar 8, 5:51 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to IRBIS1857
I too disliked it at first but it gets progressively less . Btw then it would be best for you to skip episode 7( the swim episode ) since it's just fan service and nothing of notice happened. Don't worry brotha , the show does not rely on fanservice . its only noticable in S1.
@IRBIS1857 Thanks, good to know, I'll stick it out for now and make sure to skip ep7. I just finished ep4, and the literal opening shot of the episode was a close up of the teacher's boobs, quickly followed by a close up of some girls' legs rubbing against each other as they hugged. I feel like this show is trolling me xD
Mar 8, 6:02 PM
May 2023
Fan service where?
Mar 8, 6:06 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
What? What fanservice?

Are you really talking about Classroom of the Elite and not Highschool of the Dead?

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 8, 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
I don't remember about S1 now but currently in S3. I don't see any annoying fan services.
Mar 8, 6:16 PM
May 2021
It does get better especially after season 1, one of my favorite anime’s
Mar 8, 6:59 PM

Apr 2021
RedJeanne said:
I've just started watching this show, I'm up to ep3 and enjoying it so far, but the constant fan service is starting to irritate me (I'm talking about all the boob shots, ass shots, pan ups of women's bodies, shots looking up skirts, etc.). There wasn't much of that in ep1, then it gradually got worse, and I feel like half the shots involving women in ep3 were like that.

Does the show eventually calm down with that? Should I keep watching, or is it going to get worse?

I have watch all 3 seasons and “fan service” was very little, if at all 😅

It is certainly not DxD 😂
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series and judge each based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Mar 8, 7:02 PM
Jun 2021
Where’s the problem?
Mar 8, 7:17 PM

Apr 2020
yes fan service is not existent in season 2 and season 3 as fan service of anime only not in source material
Mar 8, 7:39 PM
Jun 2020
sadly they kinda did slow down on this aspect.
Mar 8, 9:08 PM
Jul 2021
RedJeanne said:

Season 1 has a lot of it but the next 2 seasons don't have that much.
Mar 8, 9:44 PM
Aug 2023
I’m not really sure of how broad the term fan service is and what it actually encompasses, but after season 1 which has the episodes at the pool & the episodes to help out Sakura & Sudo, I cannot remember other fan service moments at all throughout the entire series.
Mar 8, 9:57 PM
Jun 2022
The show just goes downhill bro. Good luck.
Mar 8, 9:58 PM
Jun 2022
The show is stupid. I don’t know about fan service, if you are irritated by the show, good luck enduring this laugh and cringe fest. Such an incoherent show. Such poor dialogues. No stakes. lol anime.
Mar 8, 10:15 PM
Oct 2019
@__potato__ then it mean it does his job properly you are not supposed to remember fanservice it's there to spice up not making people write an essay on.
Mar 8, 11:29 PM
Jun 2023
I had to go and look for a few scene because I didn't even remember there was fan service in this show.

Most of the characters in the beginning are just there in the show to just fill the gap or to play a certain role or that's how I think the the anime portrays it to be honest.
It's only in later season or up ahead in the light novel that they all receive significant development which gives them their individuality

The fan service as a whole is just there to promote these female characters as waifu bait as there weren't any significant point which made them stand out

If you are irritated enough by a couple of scenes of fanservice and still want to know what happens further in the story then I advice you to just bear with cus the waifu bait is mostly in the beginning of the first season
Mar 8, 11:56 PM
Jul 2022
No, it'll get even worse. I think S2 doesn't really have much of that, can't say about S3, I haven't watched it. But I have read the LN and if Anime gets more seasons there's gonna be so much of it.
Mar 9, 12:12 AM
Mar 2021
Buny0058 said:
What? This show has fanservice?

If it does then i would like to imagine that your “brain” is the fanservice here. Because i literally don’t recall any of this.

your memory is weak then

s1 had lots of fanservice, i don't recall fanservice in s2 though
Mar 9, 12:18 AM
Mar 2021
it does, not in the 1st one but by season 2 you barely see any
_darskyyMar 9, 12:23 AM
Mar 9, 2:06 AM
Apr 2021
There’s like none post season 1
Mar 9, 2:34 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Rinrinka
What? What fanservice?

Are you really talking about Classroom of the Elite and not Highschool of the Dead?
@Rinrinka I didn't watch Highschool of the Dead because I knew it was pretty much half ecchi, which is fine, just not my thing. But Classroom of the Elite was marketed as a drama, thriller type of show, so it was really annoying to find fan service in there.

For you and everyone else who seem surprised at this, would you like me to make a gallery of screenshots to illustrate? How many would you need to be convinced, 20, 30? Because I'm pretty sure I could get that many from the first four episodes alone xD
Mar 9, 4:29 AM
Nov 2022
I think the few fanservice shots in season 1 were supposed to show that Ayanokoji is not just the edgy mother****** that the anime tries to portray him as, but was more a normal high schooler. But because all his monologues are cut it’s just fanservice somehow.
Mar 9, 11:46 PM
Sep 2021
oh no!! women's bodies trigger my snowflake ass
Mar 10, 1:12 AM
Oct 2021
RedJeanne said:

They quit doing it almost completely after season 1 cause it came out a long time ago and when they made season 2-3 more recently I think they forgot to put the fan service so yea it basically just goes away
Mar 10, 11:27 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
oh no!! women's bodies trigger my snowflake ass
@Saimatsu_Fan If the show had random close-ups of guys' dicks every couple minutes, your cute little sheltered ass would be the first to complain xD
Mar 10, 8:29 PM
Mar 2023
Absolutely buck wild to have people in here like gosh what fan service jeepers none of that here.
Mar 11, 1:36 AM
Sep 2021
RedJeanne said:
@Saimatsu_Fan If the show had random close-ups of guys' dicks every couple minutes, your cute little sheltered ass would be the first to complain xD

no i wouldn't lol

i don't mind gay shit, heck I've read many yaoi doujins too
Mar 11, 4:06 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
RedJeanne said:

no i wouldn't lol

i don't mind gay shit, heck I've read many yaoi doujins too
@Saimatsu_Fan This isn't a yaoi show, nor is it hentai or ecchi, that's the problem.

If this was a harem show, or if it was about sex in any way, the fanservice would be absolutely fine (who doesn't read doujins?). But this is a drama/thriller kind of show about teenagers trying to survive in a harsh environment, so the fanservice feels extremely out of place, doesn't add anything to the story and distracts from any plot point they're trying to build.
Mar 12, 12:21 AM
Sep 2021
RedJeanne said:
@Saimatsu_Fan This isn't a yaoi show, nor is it hentai or ecchi, that's the problem.

If this was a harem show, or if it was about sex in any way, the fanservice would be absolutely fine (who doesn't read doujins?). But this is a drama/thriller kind of show about teenagers trying to survive in a harsh environment, so the fanservice feels extremely out of place, doesn't add anything to the story and distracts from any plot point they're trying to build.

you only feel this because you're a snowflake prude
Mar 12, 1:53 AM
Apr 2022
RedJeanne said:

I must admit...i really did not notice the fan service in Classroom of the Elite as much as other ppl. Think my mind is a bit jaded by now. Can filter out most weird timed fan service moments if im invested/really liking the show. I went back and checked just be sure 🧐,and i noticed it to some degree.But hey...if the mild fan service like this trow you off an anime and the story cant keep you attached then probably watch something that is rated under pg-13. Waiting for season 3 to finnish so i can binge watch it!!🥰👍
Mar 12, 6:56 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
RedJeanne said:

you only feel this because you're a snowflake prude
@Saimatsu_Fan That'll teach me to treat trolls like they're capable of thought xD
Mar 12, 11:13 PM
Sep 2021
RedJeanne said:
@Saimatsu_Fan That'll teach me to treat trolls like they're capable of thought xD

" anyone who doesn't like what i like and hates on it is a troll "
Mar 13, 2:37 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
RedJeanne said:

" anyone who doesn't like what i like and hates on it is a troll "
@Saimatsu_Fan "Absolutely couldn't be because I called someone a snowflake after they pointed out one flaw in a thing I like. Self-reflection is for the weak!"
Mar 13, 2:43 AM
Sep 2021
RedJeanne said:
@Saimatsu_Fan "Absolutely couldn't be because I called someone a snowflake after they pointed out one flaw in a thing I like. Self-reflection is for the weak!"

that doesn't make a troll tho lol

i call anyone who's a snowflake a snowflake, i don't do it for the lulz
Mar 13, 2:48 AM

Oct 2019
Reply to Saimatsu_Fan
RedJeanne said:

that doesn't make a troll tho lol

i call anyone who's a snowflake a snowflake, i don't do it for the lulz
@Saimatsu_Fan I love how you keep defending yourself whenever you think people might have a bad opinion of you, rather than actually take part in the conversation, it's hilarious xD

Anyway, I'll stop now, thanks for the laughs xDD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Apr 15, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Apr 14

2 by Theo1899 »»
Apr 14, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.