Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development

Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 6, 6:03 AM
Jul 2021
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

Reckless_weebMar 6, 6:06 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 6, 6:05 AM
Oct 2019
Then it would be Tefure and would have ended long ago.
Mar 6, 6:06 AM
Jul 2021
Feel free to argue 😁
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
Mar 2021
Fr Dangers in my heart is Peak
Mar 6, 6:21 AM
Aug 2023
Then it would have ended with season 3
Mar 6, 6:32 AM
Nov 2021
It already exists and it’s called plastic memories
Mar 6, 6:34 AM
Jul 2022
It would be "I want to see you embarrassed"
Mar 6, 6:48 AM
Aug 2021
I know this is rage bait, but I’ll engage anyways, since there’s probably people who unironically think like this.

You’re comparing a middle school romcom that’s primarily about wholesome fluff and coming-of-age character growth, vs a soap opera-esque dramedy that’s about toxic/spicy relationships, mishaps, and over-the-top drama?

They’re two very different shows, aiming to do two very different things. That much should be recognizable to anyone with a working brain and some semblance of media literacy…
Mar 6, 7:01 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Mando727
I know this is rage bait, but I’ll engage anyways, since there’s probably people who unironically think like this.

You’re comparing a middle school romcom that’s primarily about wholesome fluff and coming-of-age character growth, vs a soap opera-esque dramedy that’s about toxic/spicy relationships, mishaps, and over-the-top drama?

They’re two very different shows, aiming to do two very different things. That much should be recognizable to anyone with a working brain and some semblance of media literacy…
@Mando727 Thank for being one of the few good comments on this thread. For me personally it's not that Kanojo okarishimasu is bad the problem it's it sacrifice everything in order to continue rather than just end. It's why myself my own switch was a 15 chapters series with a weird relationship between the FL and ML.
Mar 6, 7:09 AM
Nov 2023
It’s a perfectly acceptable cringe comedy with two particularly iffy manga chapters (218 (worst chapter ever) and 318). It has its haters, but no one in marketing will pay attention to a skewed weighting of 1s in the ratings: they will pay attention to the 11 million plus copies of the manga sold, and the fact it has successfully got to three anime seasons and one LA adaptation. The creator might actually have made a reasonable living out of a typically poorly paid profession. Why would they stop?
Mar 6, 7:27 AM
Jul 2020
Reckless_weeb said:
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

literally thought the same thing after reading the title.
didn't expect to actually find the same 🤣🤣
Mar 6, 7:37 AM
Nov 2018
I still would not watched it. Kazuya would still be there.
Mar 6, 7:40 AM
Jul 2022
Then it would be a fine romcom like many others.
Mar 6, 7:44 AM
Jul 2021
Mando727 said:

Valid point but I still see no growth in the characters
Mar 6, 7:46 AM
Jul 2021
SATAN19 said:
Reckless_weeb said:
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

literally thought the same thing after reading the title.
didn't expect to actually find the same 🤣🤣

We smh possess the same 🧠
Mar 6, 7:48 AM
Jul 2021
Moppit said:

I'm not sure but if you're comparing Kazuya with Ichikawa (MC of DIMH) then oh bro you don't know how wrong you are.
Mar 6, 7:58 AM
Jul 2019
i woulndt be rent a gf then...
Mar 6, 8:04 AM
Apr 2022
the biggest what if to bad it doesnt
Mar 6, 8:10 AM
Dec 2023
I mean its Rent a girlfriend though , maybe develop someone a bit "loser" is more fittable but atleast main char personality is not too bad , but 3 seasons is really much , overall this anime is fine
StarInEyesMar 6, 8:14 AM
Mar 6, 8:29 AM

Apr 2021
well i would argue that the movie arc and the part of the story covering chizurus grandmother passing and aftermath, had all those things youre saying, this is the most kazuya develop on the story, he was able to be a normal human being, talk to a girl without getting fixated on her boobs all the time, actually being able to support her and showing her how reliable he can be. It was later that the author destroyed this development of kazuya to stretch the story.
Mar 6, 8:35 AM
Nov 2018
Reckless_weeb said:
Moppit said:

I'm not sure but if you're comparing Kazuya with Ichikawa (MC of DIMH) then oh bro you don't know how wrong you are.

You didn't say change of characters.
Mar 6, 8:35 AM
Dec 2019
Reckless_weeb said:
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

facts… bokuyaba is peak
Mar 6, 8:38 AM
Jul 2021
Moppit said:
Reckless_weeb said:

You didn't say change of characters.

Give the first season a try, you'll change your mind. I'm betting on it.
Mar 6, 8:40 AM
Jul 2021
luisfunes99 said:
well i would argue that the movie arc and the part of the story covering chizurus grandmother passing and aftermath, had all those things youre saying, this is the most kazuya develop on the story, he was able to be a normal human being, talk to a girl without getting fixated on her boobs all the time, actually being able to support her and showing her how reliable he can be. It was later that the author destroyed this development of kazuya to stretch the story.

That's the thing, this anime focuses on one thing at a time. If a character is having a little development the plot won't move and vice versa. They are still stuck at season 1.
Mar 6, 8:42 AM
Apr 2021
the stories are fundamentaly dif tho, like they have 0 in common 😂
if u just want to say DIMH is thousand lvls above rent a gf ure right but comparing both? nah they have nothing alike.
dif ages (dimh theyre 14 rent a gf theyre 21/22)
dif scenario (school vs outside life)
dif aproach towards family (and family that one is dependent on)
one follows harem logic other doesn't
and so on

doesnt make sense comparing both at all 💀
Mar 6, 8:56 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Reckless_weeb
luisfunes99 said:

That's the thing, this anime focuses on one thing at a time. If a character is having a little development the plot won't move and vice versa. They are still stuck at season 1.
@Reckless_weeb well i do agree with it, although that kazuya is not the same kazuya as s1. After this arc im mentioning the author did regressed kazuya to the kazuya of s1 and that was when i dropped. And personally to me rag failed to reach any potential cuz the author didnt developed any other interesting storyline besides the confession. He could have touched on rukas past and her condition, he could have developed chizurus pursue of her acting career, etc. But he didnt do it. and ive seen many romances with this issue and thats why when the confession happens, the story is over.

Bokuyaba is diff, cuz besides the confession, it adds a maturity/growing up theme in the protagonists. We also see how their relationship develops organically. And well i can mention other thing happening rn on the manga but i dont want to give spoilers.

Mar 6, 9:09 AM
Jun 2023
Reckless_weeb said:
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

Well you said everything mate xD
Mar 6, 9:31 AM
Nov 2022
Reckless_weeb said:
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

What is that again?
Mar 6, 9:32 AM
Nov 2022
RizzlerFromOhio said:

Now we talkin’ about real masterpiece.
Mar 6, 9:37 AM
Feb 2024
I know that this thread is unserious but if anyone here reads this in attempt to actually find a good alternative to the dumpster fire that is rent a girlfriend

-Tefure (similar in the ‘rent a girlfriend’ concept)
-Nisekoi (a superior 4 girl harem)
-Quintessential quintuplets (the best (?) harem not counting 100 gfs,which is too good for this thread)
Mar 6, 9:50 AM
May 2023
The dangers in my heart isn’t a harem though
Mar 6, 10:17 AM
Jun 2021
I like KanoKari the way it is. Keeps me interested during work when I read new chapter releases.
Mar 6, 10:19 AM

Dec 2020
But, it doesn’t have good writing. So who cares.
Mar 6, 12:11 PM
May 2021
Hahahahaha ! 😭😭
Mar 6, 5:13 PM
Aug 2022
Nah, I’d be called Domestic Girlfriend
Mar 6, 7:03 PM
Aug 2021
A little ironic both characters are interpreted for the same seiyuu
Mar 6, 7:05 PM
Oct 2016
RizzlerFromOhio said:

you must be joking...
Mar 6, 8:04 PM

Feb 2021
Then it would, as you said, not be rent a girlfriend.
Mar 6, 8:19 PM
Feb 2022
*Mrbeast voice* "what if we changed EVERY SINGLE THING ABOUT RENT A GIRLFRIEND?"
Mar 6, 8:37 PM
Sep 2008
you are asking too much to the capacity of the author
Mar 7, 3:42 AM
Jan 2022
that's hard to even imagine
Mar 7, 4:07 AM
Jan 2022
Reckless_weeb said:
Then it'd be this 👇🏻

Then it would be called Overflow.
Mar 7, 9:19 AM
Mar 2022
Impossible, there’s nothing to like about this show
Mar 7, 10:10 AM
Jul 2021
waterdillown19 said:
Impossible, there’s nothing to like about this show

Which show are you talking about?
Mar 7, 10:15 AM
Mar 2022
RAG, Dangers is peak
Mar 7, 10:56 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Reckless_weeb
Mando727 said:

Valid point but I still see no growth in the characters
@Reckless_weeb Growth in characters is not a rule, and not having doesn't necessarily makes a show bad. The majority of American cartoons that have made history doesn't have characters growth either
DijeMar 7, 11:00 AM
Mar 7, 11:56 AM
Oct 2017
It would be one of the best romance series like Maison Ikkoku
Mar 7, 7:40 PM

Mar 2013
I disagree it would be Dangers of the Heart, which is not that popular and not a harem. Given its excellent art, if it was great in terms of characters and drama, it would undoubtedly be the new Nisekoi or Haganai at their peaks, where the waifu wars would have raged across all of social media.
Mar 7, 8:07 PM

Jan 2021
It already has all of that
Mar 8, 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
Anyone who say it already has all that has to have one concerning and perplexingly twisted sense of humor, to say the least, btw.

Also no, it wouldn’t be like Dangers In My Heart. The characters in RAG are all essentially college age, they’re young adults already (sure don’t fucking remotely act as such, though).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

215 by iikpp4 »»
Mar 10, 5:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.