Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 2, 12:01 PM
Dec 2022
I watched 24 episode for what ~thiss. Iam so f**ken disappointed. I know people ware talking how bad it was. So i didn't had any expectations, i know I was going to be disappointed but man it's was horrible. I wasn't able to get attached to any character, and some one starts crying for every 2 episodes.

and i f**ken hate it when anime stops in the middle of an intense fight and have a 10 minutes of talking bull shit while the villain just stand their and has to listen to this crap. I feel more sorry for the villain. And what with the character design's man, i don't even wanna even talk about it.

And iam not a hater, it just pains me to see my beloved anime goes and does shit like this. I am just angry and disappointed.
It wasn't all that horrible consider i benched it in 4 days. But it was ok.

BUT IAM STILL PLANING ON FINISHING THE SERIES
So what should I expect, what should I be warned or prepare my self for, what should I expect from here on, is it gonna get good or is it gonna go down hil

And sorry for my terrible grammar and mistakes in advance, English is not my default language . And thankyou if you read all this
Yeshaiah2015yeshMar 2, 7:41 PM
Mar 2, 12:29 PM
Aug 2022
I mean it’s hard to give my own opinion on Sao as I watched it years ago now, but personally I would say war of the underworld is the best sword art online has to offer (excluding the progressive movies)

I do think war of the underworld is better than season 3, but I think that’s a pretty unpopular opinion and most people say season 3 is better
Mar 2, 12:29 PM

Jun 2021
It's sad to see, you didn't like it. For me, Alicization and War of Underworld were the best seasons in SAO. Never understood the previous season's hype and fame but to each their own.
Bard_ErenMar 2, 12:33 PM
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Mar 2, 12:33 PM
Dec 2022
@Eren
it's because of how similar or it would be more appropriate to say same the story is , with little different, and different situation. and it doesn't help with how much plot Armor he has. and i think the show is good but the ending was disappointing. most of my anger is due to the ending.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMar 2, 1:07 PM
Mar 2, 12:42 PM
Jun 2021
i honestly Think this was the Best part of Sao i thought that was the common opinion but i guess not
Mar 2, 12:51 PM
Dec 2022
I love so much alicization (and war of the underworld) but like alicization is literally peek SAO imo so freaking good
Mar 2, 12:52 PM
Dec 2022
Phantom_373 said:
I mean it’s hard to give my own opinion on Sao as I watched it years ago now, but personally I would say war of the underworld is the best sword art online has to offer (excluding the progressive movies)

I do think war of the underworld is better than season 3, but I think that’s a pretty unpopular opinion and most people say season 3 is better

my real problem is just how lengthy it is. if they had it in 13 or 15 episode. if they cut most of point less conversation it would have been way better. and their ware still lots of moments i enjoyed. and i also watched SAO 5 years ago. i was absolutely in to it .
you know we grow up opinion s change, and i have watched so many anime's in this past years, and it's nothing unpredictable. as story wise i can't complement much.and you know how power scaling and power up are in SAO . iam not a 15 year old anymore.
i would have enjoyed it if i was a bet young
Mar 2, 1:08 PM
Jan 2024
look I'm not a hater but how can I take someone serious who watches gushing over magical girls lmao (jk lol don't kill me ) , watch pt 2 maybe you get a change of heart bro it is good :)
Mar 2, 1:17 PM

Sep 2016
Nope, it's far superior to any previous season.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 2, 1:20 PM

Sep 2018
Underword arc is my fav in the anime.
Mar 2, 1:25 PM
Dec 2022
hi777 said:
look I'm not a hater but how can I take someone serious who watches gushing over magical girls lmao (jk lol don't kill me ) , watch pt 2 maybe you get a change of heart bro it is good :)

and i can't take you seriously either when you are presenting me
i think it's my first watching magical girl generic anime . i never liked magical girl and i don't think i am going like theme in the feature. i started it watching it because a Youtuber recommend highly recommended this, and started watching it after 4 ep's aired. see iam a man i always like a good haram or ecchi, this one just happens to have a good story to it with ecchi. and for fact i didn't even read it's name. i searched in Google before writing this comment.

and i like SOA , and iam sorry if my comment was agrivess, the ending was so bad I was do anger because i waited 24 episodes. go and re-watch the last 3 episode you change your opinion.
Mar 2, 1:26 PM
Dec 2022
Zarutaku said:
Nope, it's far superior to any previous season.

i see, it was better than season two, that much i agree. but the ending was really not to my liking
Mar 2, 1:27 PM
Jan 2024
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
hi777 said:

i think it's my first watching magical girl generic anime . i never liked magical girl and i don't think i am going like theme in the feature. i started it watching it because a Youtuber recommend highly recommended this, and started watching it after 4 ep's aired. see iam a man i always like a good haram or ecchi, this one just happens to have a good story to it with ecchi. and for fact i didn't even read it's name. i searched in Google before writing this comment.

and i like SOA , and iam sorry if my comment was agrivess, the ending was so bad I was do anger because i waited 24 episodes. go and re-watch the last 3 episode you change your opinion.

lol I said I was joking bro sry and I remember the episodes but you need to watch the second part then your opinion will change in sure 😀
Mar 2, 1:36 PM
Dec 2022
hi777 said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

lol I said I was joking bro sry and I remember the episodes but you need to watch the second part then your opinion will change in sure 😀

but i did asked, what should I expect and all. but i can't blame any of you, i didn't realise it would sound that agrivess.
i do hope my opinion to change. i still like SOA and it' a part of my teens.
Mar 2, 1:46 PM
Jan 2024
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
hi777 said:

but i did asked, what should I expect and all. but i can't blame any of you, i didn't realise it would sound that agrivess.
i do hope my opinion to change. i still like SOA and it' a part of my teens.

I don't wanna spoil you but the scale is going to expand now and the stakes will get more high 😁
Mar 2, 1:56 PM
Dec 2022
i had some idea about how it's going to be, it's reassuring to know that it's going to get better
Yeshaiah2015yeshMar 2, 8:00 PM
Mar 2, 3:59 PM
Nov 2022
Imagine trying to wrap up a deep dive VR driven anime. Most animes don't. like so many before SAO

I feel like they did a good job. not veering away from the original idea of the show, which I like and I believe you should get some closure from part 2. it is better

There was some feeling like the storyline has aged with its audience stepping on a few topics like sexual abuse ect with Kirito. And with this, I wrap up my last response to your needing to be a teeny bopper to enjoy this anime comment.
Wolfeman93Mar 2, 4:40 PM
Mar 2, 5:58 PM
Apr 2021
sad u didn't like it. i consider alicization and war of the underworld the best of SAO
i rly like the world the system and the characters, just not the mc and how he is simply a powercreep.
but if thats wat u hate too id recomend alicization war of underworld part 1, kirito becomes a vegetable for quite some time (not a spoiler cause it appears roght in ep 1) and while he is down we get very cool foghts btw the other characters.
Mar 2, 6:15 PM
May 2019
Bard_Eren said:
It's sad to see, you didn't like it. For me, Alicization and War of Underworld were the best seasons in SAO. Never understood the previous season's hype and fame but to each their own.

I think SAO only lasts for about 15 episodes only though 🤣

Beyond that, is not "Sword Art Online" anymore...
Mar 2, 7:15 PM
Oct 2021
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Phantom_373 said:

my real problem is just how lengthy it is. if they had it in 13 or 15 episode. if they cut most of point less conversation it would have been way better. and their ware still lots of moments i enjoyed. and i also watched SAO 5 years ago. i was absolutely in to it .
you know we grow up opinion s change, and i have watched so many anime's in this past years, and it's nothing unpredictable. as story wise i can't complement much.and you know how power scaling and power up are in SAO . iam not a 15 year old anymore.

Ngl bro it just sounds like you don’t like watching tv 😂
Mar 2, 7:40 PM
Jul 2022
Ironically, this is one of the best seasons in the entire series. lol
Mar 2, 7:44 PM
Dec 2022
Superninjaboy2 said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Ngl bro it just sounds like you don’t like watching tv 😂

will i watch it in mobile ^⁠_⁠^
Mar 2, 7:45 PM
Dec 2022
Gordito_Kawaii said:
Ironically, this is one of the best seasons in the entire series. lol

ooo i thought season 1 first part was the best
Mar 2, 7:46 PM
Feb 2022
I see what you mean. Be personally when I binged the entire anime I legit skipped through half of that shit. They stretched out things unnecessarily. I wish they kept the same quality of sao that they gave us in the first season. Like that was actually really good.
Mar 2, 9:10 PM

Jul 2015
I've been saying for like four years now, that at second half of Alicization SAO reclaims the throne of King of Trash.
PiromyslMar 2, 9:25 PM

Mar 2, 9:24 PM
Dec 2022
Piromysl said:
I've been dating for like four years now, that at second half of Alicization SAO reclaims the throne of King of Trash.

yah mate, it doesn't matter that much if you don't do that good in the beginning or middle but they can't mess up the ending man. in the last episodes ware so many pointless things they did, and God stop crying i can't even see the episodes with a serious face. i was like why just why are you doing that your doing
Mar 2, 9:51 PM
Jan 2021
Dang, 3rd season was the best, sorry about that o7
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Mar 3, 2:18 AM
Jan 2020
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
I watched 24 episode for what ~thiss. Iam so f**ken disappointed. I know people ware talking how bad it was. So i didn't had any expectations, i know I was going to be disappointed but man it's was horrible. I wasn't able to get attached to any character, and some one starts crying for every 2 episodes.

and i f**ken hate it when anime stops in the middle of an intense fight and have a 10 minutes of talking bull shit while the villain just stand their and has to listen to this crap. I feel more sorry for the villain. And what with the character design's man, i don't even wanna even talk about it.

And iam not a hater, it just pains me to see my beloved anime goes and does shit like this. I am just angry and disappointed.

So what should I expect, what should I be warned or prepare my self for, what should I expect from here on, is it gonna get good or is it gonna go down hil

And sorry for my terrible grammar and mistakes in advance, English is not my default language . And thankyou if you read all this

before Alicization the best part of SAO for me was the first 10 of Gun Gale Online saga, with the killer within the game, that was so intense when they faced him in the game, but outside of that I found the rest nothing particular. Till I finally went watching Alicization and War of Underworld saga, it's sad u didn't like the first part but well everyone S taste is different, or maybe u focused on the wrong things, not letting the best things reach you
I would suggest to continue watching
Mar 3, 6:40 AM
Jul 2021
Bard_Eren said:

finally someone who agrees with me (at least alicization, war of the underworld was okay imo)
Mar 3, 6:53 AM

Jun 2021
@Ari_Beary
Alicization was more enjoyable to me than Underworld, but still that doesn't change the fact that Underworld was much more enjoyable to me than the 1st and 2nd seasons.
If I had to rank, excluding the movies.
Alicization>Underworld>Gungale Online Phantom Bullet Arc>1st season>rest of the Gungale Online.
Remember what Master Oogway told us:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.
Mar 3, 8:42 AM
Mar 2019
all season were a banger 8.8 out of 10
Mar 3, 1:22 PM
Jul 2021
The show is over give it a rest
Mar 3, 1:45 PM
Jul 2021
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Alicization, at the start was still somewhat bearable. U might suffer watching the war of the underworld arc especially if u r wanting to ||watch kirito in action||....it just keeps on getting worse from there.
Mar 3, 3:47 PM
Feb 2024
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
@Eren
it's because of how similar or it would be more appropriate to say same the story is , with little different, and different situation. and it doesn't help with how much plot Armor he has. and i think the show is good but the ending was disappointing. most of my anger is due to the ending.

i would say the ending could be better. if only they could wrapped it up more nicely. but other than that, everything is just awesome. so sorry you cant enjoy it.
Mar 3, 3:59 PM
Oct 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Heya,
I'm a total SAO Fanatic and yes the 3. Season is crap, I mean I was shocked that this season started at a tree with only Kirito, I know as protagonist.
But the next season gets better, even tho, that they wanted to save the series at the End of Season 4. That's not a spoiler but u will see what I mean...
It can go only up hill.
Hope with the Open End, there will be a 5. season, and if not I will read it trough the English version light novels as a German.
So yes, sorry for my grammar. 😅 💙Sword Art Online Alicination War of Underworld💙
Mar 3, 5:03 PM
Mar 2023
1 st 2 seasons were mehh thought how it gone end but the next 2 seasons were good my personal fav are alcanization
Mar 3, 6:55 PM

Apr 2022
thought the first 2 seasons were terrible and the first 2 parts of alicization are the only parts of SAO i actually liked, 3rd part was a bit of a downgrade.
Mar 4, 9:24 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Jaykun07
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Heya,
I'm a total SAO Fanatic and yes the 3. Season is crap, I mean I was shocked that this season started at a tree with only Kirito, I know as protagonist.
But the next season gets better, even tho, that they wanted to save the series at the End of Season 4. That's not a spoiler but u will see what I mean...
It can go only up hill.
Hope with the Open End, there will be a 5. season, and if not I will read it trough the English version light novels as a German.
So yes, sorry for my grammar. 😅 💙Sword Art Online Alicination War of Underworld💙
@Jaykun07
I will continue, i don't mind grammar, mine's nothing better. speaking of grammar how about a fun fact (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

Yeshaiah2015yeshMar 4, 9:28 AM
Mar 4, 2:58 PM
Oct 2018
So good I have never seen anything this good I literally cried
Mar 4, 3:21 PM
Sep 2020
Phantom_373 said:

I agree 100% with you. S4 is the absolut climax of sao, and i'm sure it's never gonna be reached anymore. Every weekly episode was a different heart attack, a feeling any other anime gave me (maybe clannad could, if i wasn't a child when the anime came out)
Mar 5, 12:43 AM
Jul 2023
2nd best season of sao.
Mar 5, 3:25 PM
Nov 2018
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

Not much to say I getchu and ur mostly right. What loved tho is animation. That is really good. Well after alicization its a huge downhill fow SAO and you will be hella desapointed
Mar 5, 7:53 PM
Jul 2020
Nogscy said:
i honestly Think this was the Best part of Sao i thought that was the common opinion but i guess not

Nah it def was peak

Mar 5, 11:12 PM
Sep 2021
it's been years since I've seen sao tbh so I can't really say what I liked or disliked about this season in particular but I remember enjoying it alot

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

127 by Adr332 »»
Jan 19, 5:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.