Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

The "female devil characters" aren't typically devils, they're succubuses, a type of demon (and Issei is a Incubus, also a type of demon)

High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 26, 4:43 PM

Nov 2023
If the Male and Female devil characters (Issei, Rias, Akeno, etc.) possesses wings, aren't they considered Succubuses and Incubuses?
Feb 26, 5:03 PM
Feb 2018
I don't think in setting like Highschool dxd, iruma kun or similar series that have demons with a wide range of abilities succubi and incubi are demons had specialize in seduction like Alice's mom in iruma so having wing just points to their demonic race
Feb 26, 5:25 PM
Nov 2023
Not really got anything to add except the plural of succubus is succubi…
Feb 26, 5:40 PM
Oct 2022
5hyguy said:
If the Male and Female devil characters (Issei, Rias, Akeno, etc.) possesses wings, aren't they considered Succubuses and Incubuses?

no 💀 Akeno is an angel and Rias is a devil
Feb 26, 5:40 PM
Oct 2022
5hyguy said:

no 💀 Akeno is an angel and Rias is a devil. #33333333
Feb 26, 5:44 PM
Jan 2022
Succubus or not. Rias and Akeno are excellent suckers, especially the latter. Her finger sucking scene still sends shivers down my spine. She gonna suck you drier than the Sahara desert.
RipperdocFeb 26, 5:48 PM
Feb 26, 5:52 PM

Nov 2023
Reply to Otaku-Max
5hyguy said:

@Otaku-Max

Feb 26, 6:01 PM
Jan 2021
Otaku-Max said:
5hyguy said:

Akeno is a fallen angel which make her a demon/devil and due to her seductive personality and tail makes her a succubus and Rais is just a high ranking/princess devil so she can be anything!

You need Know your Info My Guy!
Feb 26, 6:07 PM
Oct 2022
Astraeus_ said:
Otaku-Max said:

Akeno is a fallen angel which make her a demon/devil and due to her seductive personality and tail makes her a succubus and Rais is just a high ranking/princess devil so she can be anything!

I know! what did I say wrong? Rias can be anything she wants just because she's high ranking devil? I think it's you who needs to learn some sht. Succubus are different for a reason just go and research before calling them succubi
Feb 26, 6:27 PM
Jul 2022
Ripperdoc said:
Succubus or not. Rias and Akeno are excellent suckers, especially the latter. Her finger sucking scene still sends shivers down my spine. She gonna suck you drier than the Sahara desert.

Bro, what? 💀💀
Feb 26, 6:32 PM
Jan 2022
Diavoru said:
Ripperdoc said:

Bro, what? 💀💀

I mean... I mean they gonna suck out your dragon essence. Yeah, thats what I meant. What did you think they were gonna suck out?🤡
Feb 26, 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
Not sure if succubi is the only type of female demon. Definetely not in all fiction.

Feb 26, 10:26 PM

Oct 2023
5hyguy said:

no, normal devils can have wings, too.
Feb 26, 11:21 PM

Jun 2016
Who knows? Demon lore isn't consistent between fantasy franchises. Will need to consult the lesser key of Solomon.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 26, 11:34 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to 5hyguy
@5hyguy except he is right it's literally in the canon Akeno is a half fallen angel.
Feb 27, 10:55 AM
Feb 2022
i didn't even finish that anime yet
Feb 27, 2:12 PM
Jun 2020
Astraeus_ said:
Otaku-Max said:

where did you get that info from??? your suggesting a fallen angel, a fact taken right from the anime, should be called a succubus because of her personality?? that's not how things work lol. Succubi feed off of others life energy, it's one of three driving points in their classification. The others are dream manipulation and charm abilities. Which akeno has none of these actual characteristics
Mar 1, 7:02 AM
Jun 2021
Otaku-Max said:
5hyguy said:

Isn't Akeno a Hybrid born from a Fallen Angel dad and a Demon mom? Doesn't she have 2 different wings? One wing has the black feathers, the other one is more skeletal like the ones Issei and Rias have.
Mar 1, 7:42 AM
Oct 2022
Cyanide86 said:
Otaku-Max said:

Isn't Akeno a Hybrid born from a Fallen Angel dad and a Demon mom? Doesn't she have 2 different wings? One wing has the black feathers, the other one is more skeletal like the ones Issei and Rias have.

It was a mistake from my side , I knew she was a fallen angel but I just simplified it(fallen angel were also originally angels).

Akeno is a hybrid : Father is a fallen angel and Mother is a normal human.

Why does her wings look different?
Well before getting demonized by Rias , Akeno was a Hybrid Human-Fallen angel. As a side effect of becoming a devil ,one of her F.A wings became a bat-like wing.
Mar 1, 8:12 AM
Jun 2021
Otaku-Max said:
Cyanide86 said:

It was a mistake from my side , I knew she was a fallen angel but I just simplified it(fallen angel were also originally angels).

Akeno is a hybrid : Father is a fallen angel and Mother is a normal human.

Why does her wings look different?
Well before getting demonized by Rias , Akeno was a Hybrid Human-Fallen angel. As a side effect of becoming a devil ,one of her F.A wings became a bat-like wing.

oh yeah yeah that's it. I mixed it up a bit as well lol
Mar 9, 9:03 AM
Nov 2020
gotta rewatch this masterpiece ;)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would an "ecchiless" adaptation of DxD work?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 20

36 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 2:50 AM

» How old is Koneko? Does she have the same age as Asia?

JustSomeone15 - Apr 13

1 by IpreferEcchi »»
Apr 23, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 23, 2012

152 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Highschool DxD Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 16, 2012

127 by SupriyoMaity »»
Mar 26, 10:51 AM

» Why you can still see the girls' nipples poking through their uniforms even though they're wearing bras?

CoolUsername2 - Dec 7, 2023

33 by shah7398 »»
Mar 15, 5:04 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.