Forum Settings
Forums

'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' 3rd Season Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

New
Feb 20, 12:58 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) anime series revealed ten additional cast, the ending theme, and a promotional video for the third season on Wednesday. The anime is scheduled to broadcast in two consecutive cour starting April 5 at 11:00 p.m. on NTV's Friday Anime Night programming block, followed by BS11.

Cast
Maribel Rozzo: Inori Minase (Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru)
Renard Jester: Kenji Nojima (Psycho-Pass)
Arnaud Bauman: Eiji Takemoto (Golden Kamuy)
Bacchus: Hajime Iijima (Baki)
Ritus: Haruka Aikawa (Edomae Elf)
Garde: Wataru Komada (Mashle)
Fritz: Taishi Murata ("Oshi no Ko")
Saare: Shouya Chiba (Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun)
Glenda Attley: Mari Hino (Ishuzoku Reviewers)
Grigori: Masashi Yamane (Maoujou de Oyasumi)

Rin Kurusu (Kaminaki Sekai no Kamisama Katsudou) is performing the ending theme "Believer."

Atsushi Nakayama (Absolute Duo) returns to direct the third season at 8bit. Toshizou Nemoto (Log Horizon) is handling the series composition and Ryouma Ebata is once again designing the characters. Hitoshi Fujima (Elements Garden) (Senki Zesshou Symphogear) is composing the music.

The anime is based on Taiki Kawakami's manga adaptation of Fuse and Mitz Vah's fantasy light novel. The manga began publishing on Kodansha's Shounen Sirius in March 2015. Kodansha shipped the 25th volume on January 9.

Kodansha USA licensed the manga in English in October 2016. The 20th volume was released last December.

Fuse began writing the fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website from February 2013 to October 2016. Micro Magazine acquired the novel and began publishing it under their GC Novels imprint in May 2014, featuring illustrations by Mitz Vah. The 21st volume was shipped in October 2023.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English in April 2017. The 17th volume went on sale in December 2023, while the 18th volume is scheduled for an April 16 release.

PV

Source: Comic Natalie
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 20, 1:11 PM

Aug 2016
I am so hyped, April 5th is when it's coming out. I can't wait to watch this!!!
Feb 20, 1:27 PM
Nov 2021
Those church characters are shown very briefly in the very first opening, funnily enough.
Feb 20, 9:20 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know if we need all these new characters, but it'll be nice to see more of Hinata.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 20, 10:50 PM

Apr 2020
Looking forward to see Rimuru strikes again with his great strength and leadership in yet another captivating season .

For your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And honour your parents. If one or both of them reach old age in your care, never say to them ˹even˺ ‘ugh,’ nor yell at them. Rather, address them respectfully.
And be humble with them out of mercy, and pray, “My Lord! Be merciful to them as they raised me when I was young.”
(Holy Quran 17:23-24).

Feb 21, 1:17 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to malvarez1
I don't know if we need all these new characters, but it'll be nice to see more of Hinata.
@malvarez1 cuz the series has insane mc powercreep and has to keep adding villains that will be tossed asids. No coincidence why critics trashed the movie.

The movie has a 53% rating on rotten tomatoes.
Feb 21, 2:18 AM

May 2021
@Shenhe Instead of spamming every thread on this website why don't you message the site admin directly about this problem. ? I don't understand

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Feb 21, 2:45 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Yubisoft
@Shenhe Instead of spamming every thread on this website why don't you message the site admin directly about this problem. ? I don't understand
@Yubisoft cuz i'm mald that it's not fixed yet

2 comments = spamming every thread on this website

. ? I don't understand
ShenheFeb 21, 2:52 AM
Feb 21, 10:45 AM

Aug 2010
Reply to DEMSpirit
@malvarez1 cuz the series has insane mc powercreep and has to keep adding villains that will be tossed asids. No coincidence why critics trashed the movie.

The movie has a 53% rating on rotten tomatoes.
@DEMSpirit I like the series, but yeah, it has a problem with introducing antagonists who aren't actually a threat.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Feb 21, 10:51 AM

Jan 2009
today i learned this is the best selling light novel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_light_novels
Feb 21, 11:08 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to deg
today i learned this is the best selling light novel https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_light_novels
@deg doesn't mean anything. Circulation includes manga which badly inflates the number and unsold copies. Magi had good circulation but they cancelled the series.

Tensura released a movie recently which had a wide release but many empty theatres. Movie has a 53% rotten tomatoes score and only made 12 million. Way lower than ordinal scale and the quintuplets movie.

So tensura is not on sao levels.
Feb 21, 12:48 PM
Apr 2022
Reply to malvarez1
@DEMSpirit I like the series, but yeah, it has a problem with introducing antagonists who aren't actually a threat.
@malvarez1 tensura started great but pretty much turned into dragon ball season 2 onwards. Predictable plot, bad pacing, overpowered character. Dump 20 random characters every volume that get killed etc and hope people buy it up for 10 more seasons. No twists.

You cannot defend tensura as a well written story if even film critics have trashed the series and say rimuru is a badly written character.
Feb 24, 7:34 AM
Apr 2022
@animegamer245 Audience reception wasn't any better. Scarlet Bond was supposed to be the big thing for Tensura after season 2. It opened in many theaters. Crunchyroll pushed the release date very ahead because they thought it would be a box office hit. Due to high streams for season 1 and 2. They expected it to perform on Oridinal Scale levels, but made 1/3 of that. You could even call it a bomb.

It severely underperformed despite many screenings. Many theatres were empty. Both the progressive movie 1 and quints made more box office money despite having far fewer screenings. Critics basically destroyed the series in reviews debunking the inflated ratings this series has on this site. And the criticism is identical to what other said about the series.
Predictable plot, bad pacing, one dimensional characters, insane powercreep.

If this rating reflected the actual enthusiasm for this series, scarlet bond theatres would have been packed.
Mar 23, 11:24 PM

Oct 2017
More of Inorin, yay.

More topics from this board

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

17 by fabiandewa19 »»
53 minutes ago

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

26 by Vacerino »»
4 hours ago

» 'Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite' Reveals Main Cast, Teaser Promo, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

12 by bastek66 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Haigakura' Unveils More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by 40826DToothyCow »»
9 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Shakunetsu Kabaddi' Ends Serialization

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

2 by Yudesei »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.