Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Tensei Akujo no Kuro Rekishi' Receives TV Anime

New
Feb 16, 5:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

A television anime adaptation of Akiharu Touka's Tensei Akujo no Kuro Rekishi (The Dark History of the Reincarnated Villainess) was announced by publishing company Hakusensha on Saturday. Touka drew an illustration to commemorate the announcement (pictured above).

The manga was originally planned to run in LaLa for three issues from August to October in 2018. Following positive responses from the readers, Touka began regular serialization in January 2019. Hakusensha published the 12th volume on October 5 last year, with the 13th volume scheduled for a March 5 release (pictured right). Tensei Akujo no Kuro Rekishi has a cumulative 1.7 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

Yen Press licensed the manga in English in August 2020 and released the eighth volume last October. The ninth volume will go on sale on February 20.

Synopsis
Konoha Satou has a dark history. After all, she spent her teen years writing self-indulgent fantasy romance fics-like her Dark History. But since she's become its most despicable villainess, remembering every last detail is now a matter of life-and-death. Having avoided the first couple of death flags, Satou's suddenly left in the dark when a mysterious stranger returns from the Lily Kingdom-a character she doesn't recall writing in the original script. Although Yomi claims to be her ally, can Satou really trust a character she knows nothing about in such a dangerous world? (Source: Yen Press)

Manga special site: https://lala.ne.jp/sakuhin/?id=24
Official X (Twitter): @tenkuro_PR

Source: Press Release

Tensei Akujo no Kuro Rekishi on MAL
VindstotFeb 16, 5:04 PM

Feb 16, 6:23 PM

Jul 2021
okay this one sounds really interesting
Feb 17, 3:05 AM

Mar 2012
I like Villainess isekai so looking forward to it
Feb 17, 4:09 AM

Mar 2014
Another one.... Sigh
Feb 17, 8:31 AM

Jul 2021
I still like the villainess/reincarnating girl concept, but I feel most of them are just pleasant and pretty forgettable.

It looks like we're getting more and more of these now (I count 3 in Winter 2024). The beginning of a new era? Or a temporary trend that just hit its peak?
Feb 17, 9:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to perseii
I still like the villainess/reincarnating girl concept, but I feel most of them are just pleasant and pretty forgettable.

It looks like we're getting more and more of these now (I count 3 in Winter 2024). The beginning of a new era? Or a temporary trend that just hit its peak?
@perseii They partially satisfy the demand for shoujo and action/fantasy anime for female audiences, plus they allow those ejilords whose dislike of the genre mainly exists solely out of salty hatred of male protagonists to get their dose of isekai. I don’t know about “temporariness”, but if you judge it from the most popular representative (in anime), that is, Otome Game, then it is already about 3-4 years old.
Feb 17, 10:16 AM

Jan 2024
Please, no… no more villainesses. Where my good girls at?
Feb 17, 10:48 PM
Aug 2014
Please no more villainesses anime and fucking reverse harems ;(
Feb 18, 2:32 AM
Feb 2024
Looks fresh. Looking forward to watching it.
Feb 18, 12:02 PM

Mar 2014
Reply to TheSekiryuutei
Please no more villainesses anime and fucking reverse harems ;(
@TheSekiryuutei Dont, worry, standard harems with JRPG generic settings and a OP Kirito-clones are not going anywhere...

And you can allways just...not watch it when it airs, since you dont like the premisse?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Feb 18, 3:33 PM

Jul 2020
i just know there are so many great unadapted shoujo manga that will never be animated in favor of some of the blandest villainous stories put to paper, destined to be consumed and forgotten the second it finishes airing.

anyway, looking forward to this one!
Feb 18, 5:50 PM

Apr 2012
Reply to Kaikaidou
i just know there are so many great unadapted shoujo manga that will never be animated in favor of some of the blandest villainous stories put to paper, destined to be consumed and forgotten the second it finishes airing.

anyway, looking forward to this one!
@Kaikaidou Works receive adaptations primarily for commercial potential and public interest, rather than for subjective “quality.” Not to mention that with an ever-increasing market, the belief that works prevent each other from getting adaptation loses even more meaning. Just last year, the idea of ​​having 4-5 shoujo in one season would have seemed surprising.
Feb 18, 9:38 PM

Mar 2021
I had anticipated that this work would eventually be adapted into an anime, so when I heard the news that it was going to be animated, I wondered if it was finally going to be animated.

I had read and enjoyed the manga up to volume 9. Since the work is not yet complete, I'm not sure what part of it will be adapted to anime... I am curious.

Mar 23, 11:18 PM

Oct 2017
More villainess anime lol

More topics from this board

» Web Manga 'Niwatori Fighter' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

27 by MadanielFL »»
54 minutes ago

» 'Kakkou no Iinazuke' Gets Second Season in 2025

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

17 by fabiandewa19 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Chi.: Chikyuu no Undou ni Tsuite' Reveals Main Cast, Teaser Promo, Fall 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

12 by bastek66 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Haigakura' Unveils More Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by 40826DToothyCow »»
10 hours ago

» Web Manga 'Shakunetsu Kabaddi' Ends Serialization

DatRandomDude - Jul 24

2 by Yudesei »»
Yesterday, 4:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.