Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 9, 12:15 PM

Jan 2020
Doesn’t Iu look like Yuri from Battle Game in 5 Seconds? Like, they’re basically the same except for that fact that Yuri’s hair a more orange tint to it.

Also, what’s the basis for the “1 million lives” in the title? I’ve seen almost all of it (I’ve 2 episodes left in season two) and there’s not much killing, and, even though the guys are dying pretty often, it’s still nowhere near 1 million.

P.S. As far as it goes for the anime itself, I think it’s ok as a semi-isekai. Everything until episode 10 in the first season was ok, the last two episodes were boring af, so I watched them sped up 2 times (and it still was boring); season two seems okay.
Feb 9, 12:31 PM

Sep 2018
There's a lot of stock character designs that look similar, apart from a few unique aspects. I remember this being slow burning, but also not interesting in the slightest. If you're going to go at a slower pace, the least you can do is not make me bored out of mind. Watched the 2nd season anyway, was even more garbage than the 1st season IIRC.
Feb 9, 12:36 PM
Nov 2018
@RudeRedis When they succeed, a mission they go back to their reality. What they do during the mission affects the world. So when they go back to the other world, it's like 20 years or so in the future and see the effects they left behind. Like if a respectful king dies during the mission and corrupt adviser takes over. During their next mission, that could be 10 years later in their time. They will see the effects of it next time they go. So not only are they given an objective, but they have to be careful about how they solve it because it affects a lot of lives
MoppitFeb 9, 12:39 PM
Feb 9, 12:45 PM

Jan 2020
Moppit said:
@RudeRedis When they succeed, a mission they go back to their reality. What they do during the mission affects the world. So when they go back to the other world, it's like 20 years or so in the future and see the effects they left behind. Like if a respectful king dies during the mission and corrupt adviser takes over. During their next mission, that could be 10 years later in their time. They will see the effects of it next time they go. So not only are they given an objective, but they have to be careful about how they solve it because it affects a lot of lives

Ok, so the basis is time skips and far-going consequences. Thanks, that makes sense.
Feb 9, 1:53 PM

Jul 2021
It's a saying. When something costs a ton of money, it does not mean the money would weigh 2 thousand pounds.
Feb 9, 2:20 PM

Jan 2020
IhnalakoKaina said:
It's a saying. When something costs a ton of money, it does not mean the money would weigh 2 thousand pounds.

Yeah, I get that when, say, memories are worth their “weight in gold” nobody actually measures their weight (which is nonexistent to start off with) using gold ingots, but come on… I’m an anime fan, cut me some slack 😟
Feb 9, 3:45 PM
Nov 2018
@RudeRedis The first two seasons doesn't really showcase the consequences and time advance very well. I can see why it's confusing.
Feb 9, 6:34 PM
Feb 2023
it's just average anime with average characters dude no need to be more think deeper about the things with this title.

same story?
same characters?
fine, doesn't matter.
Feb 10, 1:22 AM

Jul 2015
Since character design is also part of the storytelling, this design is uses to also depict the personality of the characters. If you take closer look, both of those characters are kinda similar in terms of personality.

"1 million lives" refers to tragic event, that was mentioned early on, when GM answered one of their questions about what may happen if they fail their quests.

Feb 10, 1:32 AM
Feb 2022
the characters being similar is just a concidence.
about the thing of "standing on a million lives", there was a hypothesis done by MC that maybe if they fail a mission it will go to their world to destroy ut like with the dragon and what not. There was a glimpse of the last mission where all the people finally try to save the "Initial" world they came from as there was a dragon shown as their opponent and the scene ends so there might be more and they just didnt show it to have room for creativity but we wont know yet.
Feb 10, 2:02 AM
Apr 2022
YuusukeYotsuya said:
about the thing of "standing on a million lives", there was a hypothesis done by MC that maybe if they fail a mission it will go to their world to destroy ut like with the dragon and what not. There was a glimpse of the last mission where all the people finally try to save the "Initial" world they came from as there was a dragon shown as their opponent and the scene ends so there might be more and they just didnt show it to have room for creativity but we wont know yet.

You might be right coz if you read ahead in the Manga there is a hint that

SPOILER!!!!!!!

the monsters under certain situations are able to travel between the worlds.

P. S :sorry I dont know how to make the text black like you do with spoilers
Feb 10, 2:15 AM
Feb 2022
Pendragon572 said:
YuusukeYotsuya said:

SPOILER!!!!!!!

I...why did I read that...
the only person(me) really really excited for the next season whenever it comes out just happened to that...I..idk what to say
Feb 10, 2:22 AM
Apr 2022
YuusukeYotsuya said:
Pendragon572 said:

SPOILER!!!!!!!

the only person(me) really really excited for the next season whenever it comes out just happened to that...I..idk what to say

Don't worry that won't happen untill season 4 or after so rest assured it was just a single panel which wasn't even explained.
Feb 10, 2:22 AM
Feb 2022
Pendragon572 said:
YuusukeYotsuya said:

Don't worry that won't happen untill season 4 or after so rest assured it was just a single panel which wasn't even explained.

oh Ill forget till then probably
Feb 10, 2:23 AM
Feb 2022
Pendragon572 said:
YuusukeYotsuya said:

season 4 is probably at least 5 years away or so it feels
Feb 10, 2:23 AM
Apr 2022
YuusukeYotsuya said:
Pendragon572 said:

Again I am sorry for spoiling you
Feb 10, 2:24 AM
Feb 2022
Pendragon572 said:
YuusukeYotsuya said:

Again I am sorry for spoiling you

ah dont worry its fine its not a very big spoiler...or so I hope

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

84 by Fatihjalaludin86 »»
Jan 30, 5:02 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

32 by Manuel777Anime »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2020

71 by axeln13 »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

37 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:23 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

69 by Garrett_Dark »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.