Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 8, 7:35 AM
Apr 2021
Does the MC in this anime ever get stronger or her slime pet?

Or is she always struggling the entire story?

I can't really get into anime where the MC is just weak the entire time.
Feb 8, 7:51 AM
Apr 2022
I didn't read the manga or light novel but I think yeah, even in the last two episodes they showed sora(slime) getting bigger and able to heal her. so I think she will become stronger and definitely by the monsters she gonna tame. Just my theory
Feb 8, 8:05 AM
May 2011
That "bedtime story" definitely sounded like a prophecy that Ivy will save the world one day
Feb 8, 8:07 AM
Nov 2023
Dustin1280 said:
Does the MC in this anime ever get stronger or her slime pet?

Or is she always struggling the entire story?

I can't really get into anime where the MC is just weak the entire time.

parece que con el tiempo se ara más fuerte, solo estoy viendo el anime así que no lo sé

pero aún así está muy bien el anime
súper recomendado
Feb 8, 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm. Obvious spoilers ahead. Tread at your own will.

Feb 8, 8:58 AM

Jun 2008
Reply to Fail_Man_X
That "bedtime story" definitely sounded like a prophecy that Ivy will save the world one day
For this, the bedtime story was a complete circle. The prophecy in the story was also resolved in the story. The beginning of the story talked about the war and how the mages got together to prophecy the outcome. They saw the end of the world. The only way to stop it was with the power of someone from outside the world. The person came and used a strange magick that prevented the end of the world but... Ivy's memory of the rest of the story ends when describing the magicks for some reason.

After that, the world went on. Given Luba's comment that the skill system wasn't always in place, this is also probably when the skill system began or near the starting of when the skill system was created.

EDIT: I misremembered part of the story. See below for the written-up story. The prophesy was only in relation to the end of the world. The forgotten magic part that mentions the children from another world is more in relation to how special the magic the mages used was.
CallidinFeb 8, 2:34 PM
Feb 8, 9:32 AM

Mar 2013
Obviously, they get stronger. What a weird question.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 8, 12:40 PM
Oct 2023
Callidin said:

the anime is pretty underrated :0
Feb 8, 1:02 PM

Jun 2008
Reply to Shindaa
Callidin said:

the anime is pretty underrated :0
Seeing the current rating and follower count as well as likes on reddit. Very much yes.

The amount of care put into this anime is pretty impressive considering the low expectations of it.

Definitely shaping up to be in one of my top lists so far.
Feb 8, 1:48 PM
Nov 2021
You don't have to punch a monster really hard or cast a super-fire-ball to be strong.

Look at Myne in bookworm, she has a lot of mana of course, but even then, magic is not her strongest impact on the world around her.
Feb 8, 1:52 PM
May 2011
Reply to Callidin
For this, the bedtime story was a complete circle. The prophecy in the story was also resolved in the story. The beginning of the story talked about the war and how the mages got together to prophecy the outcome. They saw the end of the world. The only way to stop it was with the power of someone from outside the world. The person came and used a strange magick that prevented the end of the world but... Ivy's memory of the rest of the story ends when describing the magicks for some reason.

After that, the world went on. Given Luba's comment that the skill system wasn't always in place, this is also probably when the skill system began or near the starting of when the skill system was created.

EDIT: I misremembered part of the story. See below for the written-up story. The prophesy was only in relation to the end of the world. The forgotten magic part that mentions the children from another world is more in relation to how special the magic the mages used was.
@Callidin Huh. I was under the impression that the mages cast the spell, the spell was lost to time, and the one who would use it again was an otherworlder in the future (I.E., Ivy)
Feb 8, 2:31 PM

Jun 2008
Reply to Fail_Man_X
@Callidin Huh. I was under the impression that the mages cast the spell, the spell was lost to time, and the one who would use it again was an otherworlder in the future (I.E., Ivy)
@Fail_Man_X Ah, you are correct. Here is the story below (forgive any awkward points, I am translating directly while watching that section).

"A long long time ago the world was at war. One day, the kind gathered mages/magicians who could tell the future and had them predict what would happen with the war. The future they saw was the end of the world. It was a very dreadful future. The mages conferred with each and used a great magic to protect the world. That magic is now forgotten, and nobody can use. But children who have come from another world can use the forgotten magic. That magic is now nowhere to be found, magic that no one remembers, magic that no one knows what is does, and magic that never existed. Large, scary, quiet, lonely, untouchable, empty magic... "

I got caught on the past tense way in which she mentioned "child from another world". Specifically, she used the term "kita", which is past tense for "kuru" or "to come [from]". In this case, she was saying that "only children 'who have come[past tense]' from another world can use it[current tense]".

In regard to the prophecy, the child was not actually prophesied, it was just the end of the world that was prophesied. The mages did in fact use the magic that saved the world and the part of about the children is referring just to the magic that was used (still super important information). Makes one wonder if the mages were also from another world or meddled with other worlds in some way.
CallidinFeb 8, 2:35 PM
Feb 8, 11:35 PM
Nov 2017
I actually hope she or her slime never get OP power.
Tired of every fantasy's MC need to have ridiculous power to venture through the story.
Feb 9, 9:32 AM
Jun 2022
She's definitely going to get stronger, but probably (physically) just in another season because first: She's a child, the history and the characters treat her like an actual child. Other animes tend to make the characters like, super overpowered not caring about the character's age.
Second: the first parts are focusing the mental health of her's, since even though she has some memories from her past life, she still went through a lot being basically a baby.

This anime is more a serious one than "just" a cliche isekai where the MC if Male get overpowered, and if woman get a ML to spend romance and basically just focusing on it.
Feb 9, 4:46 PM
Jul 2015
I am kind of worried I really like the story but it is so slow paced I'm not sure when the real story will begin. I hope it gets enough seasons to do it justice but I'm just a little nervous when good slow burns like this don't get the 24 episode treatment, so much can go wrong with trying to get another season.
Feb 22, 5:00 AM

Nov 2013
Well she already has a "deus ex" (kind of) big cat on her side (beats 3 star sprinters with ease, which has to be OP).
I hope Ivy isn't actually a 5 star tamer or something (mistakenly assumed to have 0 stars). We can have a good story where MC doesn't necessarily needs to be strong or excel at something.
Feb 22, 6:39 AM
Dec 2023
well, i didn't expected this anime to perform so well. i mean, its only about a girl, but how they are telling the story, is god damn fun to watch!

A Weak Reincarnated Girl Meets a Slime That's Actually An SS Rank | Anime Recap

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29

79 by Scropper »»
Jun 18, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22

44 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 13, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8

49 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 12, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1

46 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 12, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Saijaku Tamer wa Gomi Hiroi no Tabi wo Hajimemashita. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16

67 by TheColonel76 »»
Jun 5, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.