Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 15, 7:14 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to INTJ_Ren
Leon888 said:
Do you think we have the worst protagonist ever here? I can't stand him for the fact that he cries constantly and the fact that he is completely useless from start to finish, which led me to reevaluate protagonists like Yukiteru Amano or Rudeus Greyrat.

Ignorance and internet both start with the letter “I” what’s up with that 😂 worst MC? Yeah….no. I can’t name anyone else because the mods won’t let me, but there’s definitely worse than takemitchy 🐐
@INTJ_Ren I didn't understand your opening sentence, but if you have someone worse than Takemitchy then say so
Jan 15, 7:15 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to BatoKusanagi
Well, he does develop into a good punching bag as he waits for others to solve everything for him.
@BatoKusanagi In fact, it's the only useful thing he knows how to do: getting beaten by everyone 🤣
Jan 15, 7:17 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Erikcz
Guys you can't forget Kazuya From rent a girlfriend. No one Is worse protagonist than him
@Erikcz I've heard really bad things about him from everyone, one day maybe I'll find out why he's so hated too 🤣
Jan 15, 7:18 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Kal_b
worst no weak, stupid, trash, not strong yes
@Kal_b You've listed all the qualities need to be the worst 😂
Jan 15, 7:19 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to FZREMAKE
He isnt the worst but he is bad.
@FZREMAKE One of the worst then, useful only as an example to understand how a protagonist should not be written
Jan 15, 7:21 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to tsubagakure
don't agree - Takemichi strives throughout the series, despite whatever comes across, never giving up. a weak character would have given up long ago...
now, if you want to talk about one of the weakest and worst villains, yeh, Kisaki wears a crown.
@tsubagakure So Takemichi is a handsome protagonist just because he doesn't give up? Qualities that almost all the protagonists have 😂
Jan 15, 7:22 AM
Dec 2019
Leon888 said:
@INTJ_Ren I didn't understand your opening sentence, but if you have someone worse than Takemitchy then say so

Ignorance and internet start with I implies ignorant people say Ignorant things on the Internet. That aside,

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you exhibit M.

Makoto itou from school days! (It was a tie between him and Haruka Kasugano from yosuga no sora)

Jan 15, 7:22 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to WalterBlack59
He is one of the worst of all time if not he is the actual bottom tier mc ever
@WalterBlack59 Exactly protagonist created just to be hated XD
Jan 15, 7:45 AM
Oct 2023
Leon888 said:
@opioids Wait Shiro? Shiro is a character who is often stupid but I wouldn't say that he is bad as a protagonist, in fact in some fairies he also becomes a nice character.
Asta I forgot, but I think Takemtichy is worse than him, at least Asta has some qualities unlike Takemidtchy. The protagonists of the harems depends on which ones you get, because there are some really good ones

I can’t lie, I just absolutely couldn’t stand him talking about being a hero and trying to save everything all the time. I actually started rooting against him.
Jan 15, 8:26 AM

Apr 2020
You're a couple of years late on this one, my dude^^
Jan 15, 8:28 AM
Apr 2023
one of the best tbh
Jan 15, 9:16 AM
Jul 2021
Leon888 said:
@LimeMakotoBell One of the worst then, lol

Absolutely no. He's a great protagonist wtf
Jan 15, 10:18 AM

Jan 2021
I don't like him, everybody takes him seriously in the anime and that is weird

I wouldn't trust bro with anything, it looks like a pure fantasy what he does in the show
Jan 15, 10:51 AM
Apr 2020
Leon888 said:
Do you think we have the worst protagonist ever here? I can't stand him for the fact that he cries constantly and the fact that he is completely useless from start to finish, which led me to reevaluate protagonists like Yukiteru Amano or Rudeus Greyrat.

I hated him too until i read the manga. Anime doesn’t do him any justice at all, even his voice actor is so annoying. Also i dont know how to explain it but one of my main problems with the anime is how slow they make everything. The fight scenes in the manga makes it clear the fights are happening very fast and takemichi barely has time to think, while in the anime he looks so fcking dumb cause they make it seem like he’s just standing in the middle of the fight asking himself dumb questions.
Jan 15, 12:24 PM
Mar 2012
@Leon888 i'm just saying that you don't need to be the coolest/strongest guy to be the hero. one regular can relate.
and i remember a few characters that gave up, like Shikamaru, Tatsuhiro Satou, and even Gokuu, albeit in different environs.
Jan 15, 12:41 PM
Dec 2021
BigDog777 said:
Takemichi Hanagaki, is often considered weak and indecisive. His initial lack of self-confidence can be seen as a weakness, but throughout the story, he demonstrates courage in facing challenging situations to protect those he cares about. His ability to time travel to correct past mistakes highlights his positive side, showcasing his determination to change the fate of his friends. Therefore, while he has flaws, his evolution throughout the plot underscores his redeeming qualities.

Still trashymichi at the end of the day. there's no excuse to protect that lame ass's tendency to be more pathetic than courageous. The whole story is interesting, yes, but only because of background characters. your thoughts on that?
Jan 15, 12:44 PM
Dec 2021
EP1C_G4YM3R said:
Ripperdoc said:
Every time travel (and return by death/loop) anime has dumb MCs but Takemichi takes the cake. Grown ass man getting beaten by middle schoolers in every episode.

Just because he is a grown ass man mentally doesn’t change the fact that he’s in a middle school body. Honestly he doesn’t even have the mentality of a grown ass man either. He is a pathetic person, who’s mind and heart has been trapped since he was in middle school, and this was long before he got the ability to time travel. Takemitchi was written to be a pathetic character, doesn’t make the writing bad. He’s growing as the show progresses, he’s gaining confidence, overcoming trauma, most of all he’s correcting the mistakes he made.

but how about this, the mistakes he corrects creates bigger mistakes. Man obviously can't think also because every answer was in his face but he just can't process it
Jan 15, 12:44 PM
Dec 2021
Piromysl said:
That's probably the worst take you've made so far.

I think this deserves a ratio
Jan 15, 12:49 PM
Feb 2022
BigDog777 said:
Takemichi Hanagaki, is often considered weak and indecisive. His initial lack of self-confidence can be seen as a weakness, but throughout the story, he demonstrates courage in facing challenging situations to protect those he cares about. His ability to time travel to correct past mistakes highlights his positive side, showcasing his determination to change the fate of his friends. Therefore, while he has flaws, his evolution throughout the plot underscores his redeeming qualities.

there's no way you're not an AI
Jan 15, 12:58 PM
Jan 2022
i love him, cause he is not op, he is real
Jan 15, 1:20 PM
Mar 2021
Leon888 said:

At first, I thought he was pretty pathetic and a but useless. However, he grows as a character from season to season. That automatically makes him not the worst protagonist, in my opinion.

He might not be strong, fast or good at fighting but he never gives up each time. He is an alright protagonist.
Jan 15, 1:35 PM
Mar 2022
TheMageDalamar said:

Exactly. People like to point out that he’s a stupid main character that’s useless, but it’s not like the majority of real life people can do any better if they were in these situations.
Jan 15, 1:36 PM
Mar 2022
Eddas360 said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

Just because he is a grown ass man mentally doesn’t change the fact that he’s in a middle school body. Honestly he doesn’t even have the mentality of a grown ass man either. He is a pathetic person, who’s mind and heart has been trapped since he was in middle school, and this was long before he got the ability to time travel. Takemitchi was written to be a pathetic character, doesn’t make the writing bad. He’s growing as the show progresses, he’s gaining confidence, overcoming trauma, most of all he’s correcting the mistakes he made.

but how about this, the mistakes he corrects creates bigger mistakes. Man obviously can't think also because every answer was in his face but he just can't process it

Do you see him quitting though? Of course his mistakes are going to create bigger mistakes, it’s tension, and propellers aren’t solved that easily. But do you see him giving up?
Jan 15, 1:49 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
Leon888 said:
@EP1C_G4YM3R Takemidtchy was written to make every author who wants to write stories understand what they have to do not to create a protagonist like that... it's incredible that people defend a protagonist so insipid that the only real ability he has is luck, in Fundamentally he goes forward because he is lucky, not because he grows and corrects the mistakes he makes... given that most of the time he doesn't even serve any purpose while he tries to prevent certain events from happening... and this is serious considering that he has a great skill but he is too stupid to know how to use it, in short he is a rubbish mc that is useless

He’s emotional support, he’s a lover not a fighter. When you see somebody crying about something that’s putting you down, you start to feel like you’re already feeling better because at least you’re not balling your eyes out. Point is takemichi, the weakling that he is, gives OTHERS strength to carry on, allowing him to grown EMOTIONALLY, all so he can live a better chain of events that he can be proud of in life. Main characters do not need to be strong in any sense of the way, they can be weak and pathetic up until the very end when they finally change. But takemitchi has already gone though so much in this short amount of time, and let’s not forget he is WEAK, so even though everybody else is also going through the same stuff, they are far more stronger than takemitchi. Mikey on the other hand is strong in every sense, but is weak when it comes to handling emotions, which the crybaby takemitchi is actually good at doing. Sometimes you just need to know how to cry, stop hating on takemitchi.
@EP1C_G4YM3R What are you talking about ? Takemidtchy goes ahead only by pure luck and that's it, he's not even good as an emotional support since you don't know why he always finds himself involved in situations even when he had nothing to do with them... and the main characters must have some kind of ability that he manages to bring them out otherwise they become annoying and unbearable as in the case of the Tokyo Vendettars... I don't understand where you saw all this in Takemidtchy since hating this character is a must, he conveys nothing and is completely useless... worse character not it could exist, lol
Jan 15, 1:53 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Piromysl
@Leon888 I don't usually take baits, or maybe it is just a common case of media illiteracy, but just because a protagonist contributes to the story in other ways than mindlessly throwing hands, it doesn't make him bad and it is kinda embarrassing that I even need to explain it. Also bringing up Yuki and Rudy in the same sentence isn't even subtle.
@Piromysl What are you talking about ? Have you seen at least most of the comments? Takemitchy is a poorly written character who has the sole purpose of being disgusting and that's it... here you almost seem like a troll defending Takemitchy with these absurd arguments 🤣.
Rudeus and Yukiteru are 2 more examples of annoying and poorly written main characters, lol
Jan 15, 1:54 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to quietkun27
Leon888 said:
@quietkun27 I disagree, at least on Masumane you can appreciate the effort that has improved, instead of getting very powerful abilities out of nowhere like Takemidtchy

bro season 2 ruined everything
@quietkun27 I haven't seen season 2 as I think Masamune is a rubbish anime
Jan 15, 1:57 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to INTJ_Ren
Leon888 said:

Ignorance and internet start with I implies ignorant people say Ignorant things on the Internet. That aside,

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you exhibit M.

Makoto itou from school days! (It was a tie between him and Haruka Kasugano from yosuga no sora)

@INTJ_Ren Jokes ? Makoto is a chad, he managed to fuck more girls than anyone else in just one year and then he managed to die giving satisfaction to all the spectators who wanted to see him dead, that's how shitty characters are written, if Takemitchy maybe died badly for because of its uselessness I would have praised the author XD
Jan 15, 1:58 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to opioids
Leon888 said:
@opioids Wait Shiro? Shiro is a character who is often stupid but I wouldn't say that he is bad as a protagonist, in fact in some fairies he also becomes a nice character.
Asta I forgot, but I think Takemtichy is worse than him, at least Asta has some qualities unlike Takemidtchy. The protagonists of the harems depends on which ones you get, because there are some really good ones

I can’t lie, I just absolutely couldn’t stand him talking about being a hero and trying to save everything all the time. I actually started rooting against him.
@opioids I think anyone with any intelligence starts rooting against Takemitchy XD
Jan 15, 1:59 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
You're a couple of years late on this one, my dude^^
@Merve2Love I wouldn't say that the Tokyo Revengers anime has yet to end...
Jan 15, 2:01 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to JOJO_Fill
one of the best tbh
@JOJO_Fill Hahahahahahaha bro tell me you're joking, why can't you be serious since it's one of the worst XD
Jan 15, 2:02 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to LimeMakotoBell
Leon888 said:
@LimeMakotoBell One of the worst then, lol

Absolutely no. He's a great protagonist wtf
@LimeMakotoBell Hahahahahahaha bro tell me you're joking, why can't you be serious since it's one of the worst XD
Jan 15, 2:02 PM
Jun 2022
Leon888 said:

watch season 2 and u will understand what I mean
Jan 15, 2:03 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Cammell
I don't like him, everybody takes him seriously in the anime and that is weird

I wouldn't trust bro with anything, it looks like a pure fantasy what he does in the show
@Cammell123 But in fact he only goes ahead for the convenience of the plot, he isn't even intelligent enough to understand that he has a very useful power
Jan 15, 2:08 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to licxtt
Leon888 said:

I hated him too until i read the manga. Anime doesn’t do him any justice at all, even his voice actor is so annoying. Also i dont know how to explain it but one of my main problems with the anime is how slow they make everything. The fight scenes in the manga makes it clear the fights are happening very fast and takemichi barely has time to think, while in the anime he looks so fcking dumb cause they make it seem like he’s just standing in the middle of the fight asking himself dumb questions.
@licxtt That the anime sucked was nothing new, but your point of view is interesting, but to be honest the fights weren't the most annoying thing about him nor the fact that he cries all the time (although it's still annoying) , the problem was that he is stupid like few others, has a very useful power and isn't even intelligent enough to fully exploit it, or he knows that he has to face battles against retarded kids and doesn't even lend himself to training for future fights... Well, this character it honestly has nothing to offer and is useless
Jan 15, 2:13 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to tsubagakure
@Leon888 i'm just saying that you don't need to be the coolest/strongest guy to be the hero. one regular can relate.
and i remember a few characters that gave up, like Shikamaru, Tatsuhiro Satou, and even Gokuu, albeit in different environs.
@tsubagakure Takemitchy isn't even a normal guy, he's a failed 26 year old man who can't get anything done even when life gives him a 2nd chance... even one of my former classmates would be a better protagonist than Takemitchy.
Shikamaru is not a protagonist
I don't know Tatsuhiro Satou
Where would Goku give up? the only occasion that comes to mind is in the battle with Hit who leaves the arena but for a very specific reason he does so
Jan 15, 2:30 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to TheMageDalamar
@TheMageDalamar A lot of real characters are great to look at despite not being OP: Rintaro Okabe, Shojo Hinata, Violet Evergarden... Takemitchy is just stupid and useless has nothing to love
Jan 15, 2:32 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Oereo
Leon888 said:

At first, I thought he was pretty pathetic and a but useless. However, he grows as a character from season to season. That automatically makes him not the worst protagonist, in my opinion.

He might not be strong, fast or good at fighting but he never gives up each time. He is an alright protagonist.
@Oereo So Takemichi is a handsome protagonist just because he doesn't give up? Qualities that almost all the protagonists have 🤣
Jan 15, 2:33 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
TheMageDalamar said:

Exactly. People like to point out that he’s a stupid main character that’s useless, but it’s not like the majority of real life people can do any better if they were in these situations.
@EP1C_G4YM3R Are you joking ? Even a retard would have done better than Takemitchy, the people who defend this protagonist don't really understand how a protagonist works, lol
Jan 15, 2:36 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to EP1C_G4YM3R
Eddas360 said:
EP1C_G4YM3R said:

Do you see him quitting though? Of course his mistakes are going to create bigger mistakes, it’s tension, and propellers aren’t solved that easily. But do you see him giving up?
@EP1C_G4YM3R Once he gave up, in episode 11/12 it was necessary for his girlfriend to console him, but without her Takemitchy would have given up...
Jan 15, 2:37 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to quietkun27
Leon888 said:

watch season 2 and u will understand what I mean
@quietkun27 I'm fine thanks, I don't waste time with rubbish shows 😂
Jan 15, 6:34 PM
Sep 2023
I see before worse, like Re Zero, this is a happy case, trust me
Jan 15, 8:01 PM
Jul 2009
How about no and not even close to the worst protagonist. Get some eyes
Jan 15, 8:59 PM

Jul 2015
Leon888 said:
@Piromysl What are you talking about ? Have you seen at least most of the comments? Takemitchy is a poorly written character who has the sole purpose of being disgusting and that's it... here you almost seem like a troll defending Takemitchy with these absurd arguments 🤣.
Rudeus and Yukiteru are 2 more examples of annoying and poorly written main characters, lol

I've seen this idiotic comments without any elaboration or explanation, that further validate my point, just like your blatant lack of media literacy.
PiromyslJan 15, 9:05 PM

Jan 15, 9:36 PM
Feb 2022
I think the point of having him as a protagonist is to show that courage and tenacity can beat out a lot of other things like strength and intelligence.

He’s frustrating to watch since he is weak, but to quote Miley, “he hasn’t lost”
Jan 15, 9:37 PM
Mar 2012
@Leon888 no point discussing it further...
do your research, but i'll let you know, Gokuu gave up against Cell.
Jan 15, 11:00 PM

Apr 2022
definitely one of the worst. i didn't hate it during s1 but jesus, he's just pathetic s2 onwards. constant crying and getting his ass beat. i'm just watching for side characters because he's too far gone to redeem at this point it's just a sad sight.
Jan 15, 11:49 PM

Dec 2014
School Days MC say Hi!
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 16, 12:07 AM
Dec 2019
Leon888 said:
@INTJ_Ren Jokes ? Makoto is a chad, he managed to fuck more girls than anyone else in just one year and then he managed to die giving satisfaction to all the spectators who wanted to see him dead, that's how shitty characters are written, if Takemitchy maybe died badly for because of its uselessness I would have praised the author XD

Naw bruh let me cook. This man, Makoto, transformed from an insignificant figure to a morally questionable individual. He caused harm to others, sparked conflicts, deviated from the typical protagonist path, and essentially faced the consequences of his actions. Overall, witnessing his character development was challenging.

In contrast, Takemitchy evolves into a more significant and redeemable character, moving away from his initial lazy and indifferent demeanor. Unlike Makoto, who dug himself into increasingly deep holes until meeting a grim end, Takemitchy's journey offers a more positive trajectory. Makoto's story stands out as one of the least favorable character arcs in all anime.
Jan 16, 6:48 AM
Oct 2023
Understanding frustration with a character is valid, but calling them the "worst protagonist ever" can be subjective and harsh. Protagonists can evoke various emotions; what one person dislikes, another might find relatable or even endearing.
Instead of focusing on negativity, let's explore the character's role and consider alternative perspectives:

1. Narrative Purpose:

• Character Growth: The constant crying and perceived uselessness may be part of the character's arc. They may be overcoming immense internal struggles or learning valuable lessons about resilience and perseverance. Judging them too harshly at the start might cause them to miss their growth potential.
  • Foil to Others: Sometimes, a seemingly weak protagonist highlights other characters' strengths. Their vulnerability can create opportunities for others to shine and showcase their courage or leadership qualities.

2. Different Archetypes:

• Not all heroes are like Yukiteru or Rudeus. Some stories require protagonists who are more introspective, vulnerable, or reliant on others. Their struggles might resonate with audiences who haven't seen themselves reflected in traditionally "strong" heroes.
  • Consider Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. He's often criticized for his emotional outbursts and perceived cowardice. However, he represents a more realistic portrayal of teenage trauma and psychological burden, which resonated with many viewers.

Remember, diverse characters and their flaws can enrich a narrative. Judging them solely on traditional hero tropes might limit your appreciation for their unique journey and the story's message.
hazel87Feb 15, 9:09 AM
Jan 16, 11:36 AM

Apr 2012
You're missing the point of Takemichi as a protagonist in a title like this. The point is that he must, no matter what, save his friends from a large-scale gang war and injury/death in bloody fights, without being a tough fighter or a charismatic commander. This is not a story about how cool it is to fight in street gang wars and punch bad guys in the face. This is a story about how to stop bloody violence without having enough physical strength to directly stop it.

@hazel87 Exactly. Once again, people completely ignore what the story is about and what messages it wants to convey, instead just complaining that the protagonist doesn't live up to some general abstract concept.
RobertBobertJan 16, 11:44 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

335 by Captain22 »»
Apr 21, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

250 by Captain22 »»
Apr 19, 3:52 AM

Poll: » I read so many people saying that Takemichi is a pedo and i want to know your opinion

Onii-chanShuki - Sep 29, 2021

30 by Piromysl »»
Apr 2, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

253 by Ryokonoma »»
Mar 10, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2021

165 by Anzu_luvs_u »»
Mar 3, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.