Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]
Mar 6, 3:06 PM
Nov 2023
absolutely swell
Mar 7, 9:59 PM
Oct 2016
It was only mater of time before this trash got adapted by some studio, but.. don't you have other things to do, like, stories that actually interesting? I wish we got 86 continuation instead if this.

And they didn't do a good job of it either, that chunk of the introduction that went to the ants - most boring and lazy part of this story, i get it there was no way around it, since it's a part of the story, but you could do it way later than the first episode, come on.

Edit: 8 episodes in and it's actually looking good so far, A-1 did a great job, despite the source the're working with.
LegionOneMar 8, 12:57 AM
Mar 11, 8:45 PM

Jul 2013
uncensored blood and gore fuck yeah
Mar 20, 9:52 AM

Jan 2021
Now thats a way to kick off a show
Mar 23, 12:21 AM
May 2016
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Mar 24, 2:48 PM
Feb 2024
Great start, maybe not so well paced which could be a general issue for me as someone who read the manhwa. In general though I loved it!
Mar 25, 8:24 AM
Jul 2023
I enjoyed this episode as I felt it as a really good introduction to this anime. I don't know anything about the story as I had never even heard of it until I saw it recommended but I felt that this was a great episode to explain the world and start on building the world up and introducing the viewers to each character. The episode ended on a good cliffhanger that kept the viewer intrigued in the story and that is vital for a first episode. I think I'll probably continue with this anime and I'm excited to see this anime continue!
Mar 25, 6:52 PM
Mar 2024
The first episode is nice
Mar 28, 12:10 PM
Jan 2024
Arrggghhhhhhhh amazimg
Mar 30, 11:48 PM
Jul 2021
I think I am not into overpowered main characters. Did not interest me. Go on, Season 2, I ain't following you. Delicious in Dungeon, Frieren, Undead Unluck are more my type.
Apr 1, 10:04 AM

Jan 2017
Well that was way darker than I thought it would be, what a cliffhanger premier though
Apr 2, 3:15 AM
Jun 2022
finally, it came!
Apr 2, 6:17 AM
Aug 2018
Reply to Softhenic03
Watching Solo Leveling as an anime was always a dream, however funny it may sound. This being made by one of the well known studios is one more box tick, so there’s really much to hope about going into the adaptation. Though they changed the names from korean to japanese, which sounds quite cringe. Will be using korean names, as it’s the only “proper” way.

Been a long time since I last read this, and heck if it’s the first chapter, then it’s all more long, so I’m not sure if that’s how it started, but here we started with a flashback to a raid on
. If it’s really anime original then damn, that’s some way to set things up. Anyways, not too long and we were briefed with the workings of this series.

Hunters, their ranks, gates, and how monsters come out of those gates. And then came our protag, Sung Jin-Woo, looking all thin and bleak, taking insults about how much of a weakling he is to any team he’s in behind his back, but hey like any other korean work, there’s a girl who’s kind to him lol. Still back to the story, and just like any other day, there opened a gate and the hunters like ever went in to hunt the monster and take the loot.

Though hey, they did a mistake, without knowing the danger this dungeon could’ve posed they went in realllllly in… to the boss room, no less. And then came the tragedy… which was the trigger to start it all. Shit has already hit the fan.

Loved the first episode. A-1 did justice. Opening without the visuals sounded good, I mean it was expected but still.

Though hey, I’m pretty sure Cha Hae-In didn’t make an appearance this early lol. Just hope the studio doesn’t do any weird changes going forward.
@Softhenic03 Sorry for asking , but where did you watch the anime ? I watch it to but the names are the same , the MC is still Sung Jin Woo , also lot of
people from the story still have the original name . So what are you talking about ?
Apr 3, 12:27 AM
Oct 2021
wimpy main character and cute love interest, plus fantasy setting. That's basically all I want, but it would have been nice for the other "smarter" characters to have some sense. Never go into a mystery dungeon and never read stone tablets found in said mystery dungeon. That dude started reading and I knew it was over.
Apr 4, 8:05 PM
Aug 2019
Why its always men that have to save his whole family sacrificing his own personal pleasure and happiness? Mc's sister leads a cheerful life all the while mc risks his life. If I was the sister and I knew my big bro was risking his life daily, I would quit study and take a job to earn money and go to night shift school for free.
I hate bitches who thrive on another person's (regardless of gender) blood soaking money.
Apr 4, 10:46 PM
Mar 2021
I love it so far, the animation, the soundtrack, the voice acting - it's in an 8-9 range for me right now.
Apr 8, 2:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty nice adaptation so far from someone who only read the manhwa adaptation... especially with the cliffhanger in the room, where everything starts for our MC...
Apr 12, 8:34 AM

Sep 2012
who didn't see that coming from the moment they decided to go in to the unknown? i bet no1, meaning all so that coming
Apr 14, 1:11 AM

Feb 2021
I've watched the Manhwa until the end. The animation on this anime looks pretty good!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 15, 8:13 AM
Dec 2022
It's basically an introduction to the world and how things work there.
Apr 15, 8:33 AM
Aug 2023
Okay start so far. I kind of feel sorry for those who voted to not go further, MC's vote got them killed.

Even if the MC is the weakest rank, shouldn't he be stronger than a normal un-ranked human though? Couldn't he use his enhanced powers, despite being the weakest, to get a leg up on Earth? I also didn't like the cop out that technology can't be used, just because small arms are ineffective, they could use things like tear gas, flashbangs, drones for scouting, vehicles, and such. Seems like they're trying to keep a clear separate of magical equipment and modern technology.
Apr 15, 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
Fantastic. But not xD Way too obvious baka MC chose to get his fellow party members killed at the moment he voted to explore that cave. Nice nice

I don´t read the manwha so I am not fanboy. As someone who is only watching the anime I didn´t like this start.
TechOtakuApr 15, 6:07 PM
Apr 17, 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to TechOtaku
Fantastic. But not xD Way too obvious baka MC chose to get his fellow party members killed at the moment he voted to explore that cave. Nice nice

I don´t read the manwha so I am not fanboy. As someone who is only watching the anime I didn´t like this start.
@TechOtaku short version hes doing it for hes sick mother, she requires treatment, so he thinks hes risking only with hes own life sins hes the weakest
Apr 19, 12:36 PM
Apr 2024
There are certain ways to start a new anime, and Solo Leveling started of with a banger. Amazing first episode, it looks promising the episodes to come.
Pages (15) « First ... « 13 14 [15]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

357 by Skippu__ »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

254 by lasodamos »»
10 hours ago

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

53 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 24, 8:18 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

297 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 23, 10:30 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Feb 3

269 by SafeEntity »»
Apr 21, 11:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.